Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BoeingBear
Topic Author

EK's Clark: US3 Are Messing With The Wrong People

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Holy smokes ... these are the most hot-headed comments I've seen from anyone with the US3 or ME3.

http://www.skywriteraviation.aero/20...roadside-on-us-open-skies-dispute/

"When people state that they don’t want you on the planet, they don’t want you around anymore, then this [becomes] a fight to the death. They’re actually messing with the wrong people. We haven’t taken Emirates from nothing to where it is today, just to be seen off the block by somebody who is anxious to employ such tactics.”

"These guys are out to take us down, and they have a fight on their hands. It’s not of our making. They’re dealing with the wrong people. This isn’t some minnow in Africa or Asia. That’s not going to happen here. We’re too big. We have a $37 billion balance sheet. We turn over nearly $30 billion a year. If you think we’re going to get pushed around by them, you’re not serious."

Time to break out the popcorn! A.net explosion in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

cathay747

RE: EK's Clark: US3 Are Messing With The Wrong People

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 pm

Well I agree with him. And for Tim Clark to say things like this
I feel carries more weight than Al Baker of QR who is normally
such a big-mouth like Michael O'Leary you can't take him too
seriously.

But truly, this whole thing instigated by the US3 against the ME3
is just stupid. If the US3 had lots of service to Africa, the Indian
sub-cont., etc. (DIRECT, not via European hubs and/or using their
JV partners, but flying their OWN metal!), I could see them being
concerned about the ME3 eating their lunch, with or without any
alleged "subsidies".

The US3 should be spending all these millions of $ on improving
their own service levels to actually be viable competitors to the
ME3, and fight the battle on the actual battlefield vs. in Congress
and the media!

Just my 2 cents.
Try a Little VC-10derness

pvjin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 1):
The US3 should be spending all these millions of $ on improving
their own service levels to actually be viable competitors to the
ME3, and fight the battle on the actual battlefield vs. in Congress
and the media!

It's pretty hard to compete against companies that play by different rules when it comes to employment laws and such. Qatar (the airline) in particular is known for treating its employees badly, and the nation of Qatar is one of the main centers of modern day slavery.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

airbazar

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Interesting words from someone whose entire business strategy hinges on the success and growth of the U.S. market.  http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...d-largest-source-of-revenue-191919

deltal1011man

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Quoting BoeingBear (Thread starter):

All this talking............

not actions......

slider

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Clark is usually pretty measured, unlike Akbar al Baker the loudmouth.

But this is strong stuff.

Hey Tim, care to tell us what your cost of capital is? Oh, what's that? You have guaranteed zero interest loans for the youngest fleet in the world? Oh, OK.

Hey, let's all stop the demagoguery: it is NOT and has never been nor will it EVER be a truly level playing field in aeropolitics. Live and let live. US carriers have benefitted, Gulf carriers have benefitted. What I despise--and we've heard it from both sides--is the intellectual dishonesty in not admitting the status quo as such.

holzmann

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Over 1200 dead in Qatar to date. Just building stadiums. For FIFA. So enjoy your football. And your cheap business class seat.

Too bad more people don't think of the TRUE cost of something. The human cost. The environmental cost. If these were printed next to the retail price sticker, people would vote differently with their wallets.
DISCLAIMER: Airliners.net is an AIRBUS forum. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, if it has considered doing so in the past, should in no way consider supporting this website.

scbriml

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 3):
Interesting words from someone whose entire business strategy hinges on the success and growth of the U.S. market.
Entire business strategy?   

In the article you linked, 'Americas' (which includes Canada and Central America) only accounts for 11% of 2013 revenue - only slightly ahead of Gulf/ME, Africa and West Asia/Indian Ocean. It's also way, way behind Europe and East Asia/Australasia.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

KarelXWB

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:18 pm

They’re actually messing with the wrong people.
They’re dealing with the wrong people.

Time to watch the Godfather movies again  
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

moo

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 2):
Qatar (the airline) in particular is known for treating its employees badly, and the nation of Qatar is one of the main centers of modern day slavery.
Quoting holzmann (Reply 6):

Over 1200 dead in Qatar to date. Just building stadiums. For FIFA. So enjoy your football. And your cheap business class seat.

Tim Clark and Emirates Airline has nothing to do with Qatar, as Qatar is not one of the emirates that make up the UAE, and indeed Emirates classes Qatar as one of its major competitors.

But nice job bundling everyone together just so you can make a point.

Sooner787

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

I think the current 78J- A359 "bake-off" that EK is undertaking

will hinge on how this cat fight gets resolved,

That's why the decision has been pushed back

until late 2015   

KarelXWB

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:20 pm

The subject is about Emirates, not Qatar.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

sierra3tango

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Over 1200 dead in Qatar to date

What's Qatar got to do with EK? Its a different country

phxa340

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 7):

Still when your business model is dependent on picking up passengers from other countries ... One would expect a more diplomatic tone. EK success/profits has come from External UAE citizens ... I think he should tread a little more carefully with his wording. With that being said ... I am glad EK exists and continues to grow , it is good for competition.

Rdh3e

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Quoting moo (Reply 9):
Tim Clark and Emirates Airline has nothing to do with Qatar, as Qatar is not one of the emirates that make up the UAE, and indeed Emirates classes Qatar as one of its major competitors.

Clark should be welcoming this inquiry if he thinks his company is clean. It will significantly impair his two biggest competitors who both have very obvious and extensive government subsidies.

This would allow him to effectively claim all new growth in the US for EK vs QR/EY.

The reason he's not welcoming the inquiry I'll leave up to you and suggest there may be some reason...

directorguy

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 pm

People too often think of the ME3 in an abstract way, and disregard the fact that each airline has thousands of employees, many of whom work hard to bring success to their companies. EK in particular has been around since the 1980s, and is veteran of the airline business at this point. Good that Tim Clark is vocal in defending the airline, about time someone did that.

longhauler

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Quoting phxa340 (Reply 13):
Still when your business model is dependent on picking up passengers from other countries ... One would expect a more diplomatic tone.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. One only has to look how at EK dealt with the Canadian Government ... and how successful that was!

Sometimes, acting like a three year old ... jumping up and down and reminding anyone that would listen how important you are and how much money you have ... is not the best negotiating tool.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

speedbored

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Hmmmmm ...

Quoting moo (Reply 9):

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 11):
The subject is about Emirates, not Qatar.

In any case, the point being made about deaths in Qatar is a very bad example of the abuse of statistics, instigated by the International Trades Union Confederation:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33019838

Excerpt quoting the Indian government, for example:
"But the Indian Government says in a press release: 'Considering the large size of our community, the number of deaths is quite normal.'

The point officials are making is that there are about half a million Indian workers in Qatar, and about 250 deaths per year - and this, in their view, is not a cause for concern. In fact, Indian government data suggests that back home in India you would expect a far higher proportion to die each year - not 250, but 1,000 in any group of 500,000 25-30-year-old men. Even in the UK, an average of 300 for every half a million men in this age group die each year."

So, in fact, among Indian workers in Qatar, for example, the death rate is actually lower than it is in India, or the UK.

moo

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Quoting rdh3e (Reply 14):
Clark should be welcoming this inquiry if he thinks his company is clean. It will significantly impair his two biggest competitors who both have very obvious and extensive government subsidies.

This would allow him to effectively claim all new growth in the US for EK vs QR/EY.

The reason he's not welcoming the inquiry I'll leave up to you and suggest there may be some reason...

Ahh yes, he should just sit back and let some of his main competitors get to sling some serious mud around, safe in the knowledge that of course when its all over and the "investigation" finds nothing, those results will be equally as trumpeted and shouted about by the same competitors who will publicly admit they are wrong?

I don't see anything wrong with that at all, and completely agree with you that he should say nothing in the mean time, after all what effect would several years of negative PR have on an innocent company if at the end of it they expect to be cleared of all charges?

thekorean

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Tim Clark just doesn't seem to get its not EK's right to fly anywhere anytime.

Think he shoukd be more worried about closing access to European markets.

Rdh3e

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Quoting moo (Reply 18):
Ahh yes, he should just sit back and let some of his main competitors get to sling some serious mud around, safe in the knowledge that of course when its all over and the "investigation" finds nothing, those results will be equally as trumpeted and shouted about by the same competitors who will publicly admit they are wrong?

He could do the trumpeting. If he was in on the investigation it would completely remove any thunder from the US3's announcements. Supporting the investigation would take away any shred of high ground held by the mudslingers.

moo

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Quoting rdh3e (Reply 20):
He could do the trumpeting. If he was in on the investigation it would completely remove any thunder from the US3's announcements. Supporting the investigation would take away any shred of high ground held by the mudslingers.

How quaint that you believe that...

scbriml

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Quoting thekorean (Reply 19):

Wow, that took longer than I expected.  Wow!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

pvjin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Quoting speedbored (Reply 17):
The point officials are making is that there are about half a million Indian workers in Qatar, and about 250 deaths per year - and this, in their view, is not a cause for concern. In fact, Indian government data suggests that back home in India you would expect a far higher proportion to die each year - not 250, but 1,000 in any group of 500,000 25-30-year-old men. Even in the UK, an average of 300 for every half a million men in this age group die each year."

Funny, so I'm supposed to believe poor Indian workers in Qatar are healthier than the men of same age in a civilized European country with very well functioning healthcare system? That seriously makes me doubt the validity of those statistics.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

ridgid727

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:35 pm

All this coming from the ME3, airlines owned and operated by some of the worst nations for human rights vioaltions the world has ever known, and all in the name of religion. Hope those that enjoy those business class A380 seats etc as they s;ip their expensive cognacs etc, that the Parent of their ride is persecuting folks by the millions with the dollars they uplift them with.

[Edited 2015-06-09 08:38:53]

airbazar

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Quoting scbriml (Reply 7):
In the article you linked, 'Americas' (which includes Canada and Central America) only accounts for 11% of 2013 revenue - only slightly ahead of Gulf/ME, Africa and West Asia/Indian Ocean. It's also way, way behind Europe and East Asia/Australasia.

That number is sure to be a lot different today than it was in 2013, and it will be even higher 5-10 years from now if they get their way. The U.S. represents their future. Also, reduced growth in the U.S. reduces growth in South Asia (India) because guess where a huge portion of those passengers are traveling to? You guessed it, to the U.S.

"Emirates has more than doubled its Americas revenue from AED4 billion (USD1.1 billion) in 2009 to (USD2.5 billion) in 2013. [...]But with the Americas gaining share, it is evident Emirates is growing faster in the region than on average across its network."

When you consider the backlog of aircraft that they have on order, it doesn't take a math genius to figure out where this is going  

jetwet1

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 3):
Interesting words from someone whose entire business strategy hinges on the success and growth of the U.S. market.

Not really true, Europe plays a far bigger role.

Tim Clark just doesn't seem to get its not EK's right to fly anywhere anytime.

Except where they have an openskies agreement in place, however...

Think he shoukd be more worried about closing access to European markets.

Europe boots EK and they may as well just fold up shop.

Quoting scbriml (Reply 22):

Wow, that took longer than I expected.

Not really, it's the truth, what would happen if every the EU/NA/Asian countries decided to protect their home airlines lime Canada has done with AC, the ME3 suddenly become a shadow of themselves, i'm not saying it should happen, but at least in the case of the US the ME3 need the help of the US3, or their flights go out pretty much empty from anywhere not called JFK.

nitepilot79

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:56 pm

A new cola war of sorts (Coke vs.Pepsi, 1984 or so and, and on, for those who might not know).

adamh8297

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 26):
i'm not saying it should happen, but at least in the case of the US the ME3 need the help of the US3, or their flights go out pretty much empty from anywhere not called JFK

BOS, SFO, LAX, SEA would beg to differ with VX/AS/B6 feed.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

chrisnh

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:02 pm

This boils down to one thing: The ME3 bought the right metal at the right time, and the US3 didn't.

ElPistolero

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 5):
it is NOT and has never been nor will it EVER be a truly level playing field in aeropolitics. Live and let live. US carriers have benefitted, Gulf carriers have benefitted. What I despise--and we've heard it from both sides--is the intellectual dishonesty in not admitting the status quo as such

Amen.

Quoting longhauler (Reply 16):
One only has to look how at EK dealt with the Canadian Government ... and how successful that was

Let's see. At the end of it all:

Canada:
- lost access to a critical military base
- spent hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer funds relocating to another base
- got outmanoeuvred in a UN vote

The UAE:
- started with 6 weekly frequencies and ended with 6 weekly frequencies
- maintained status quo in every sense of the word. Even the relationship between the two countries hasn't suffered.

Yes, quite the victory there for Canadian taxpayers. Sure showed them. I know AC has a habit of rewriting history, but let's not conflate what's good for Canada, with what's good for Air Canada. There was only one country that walked out worse off than before here.

As for important/non important - seems some Canadians are still stuck in the 1970s. Clark's got a point - the UAE is far more influential tham some give it credit for. It's not the regional variant of Bermuda; it commands a lot of respect in the developing world. I would take him seriously.

As for the three year old comparison, I think it's obvious from the public record that there was plenty of questionable behaviour on both sides. Granted, it took a long time to pick through some of the misinformation those sympathetic to AC spread on this board.

seabosdca

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Quoting moo (Reply 9):

The point is that airlines in both the UAE and Qatar prosper under regimes of abusive employment laws and effectively no environmental protections. In addition, they have access to capital that would not be possible if they were reliant on private lenders like other airlines.

I agree that all airlines benefit to some degree from local favoritism. But with the ME3, whether in the UAE or Qatar, the amount of it is in a different league. There's not necessarily anything anyone can or should do about it, but it has to be frustrating if you're competing with them.

TeamintheSky

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

I can certainly understand Clark's frustration, but I also find it jejune that he is trying to throw his weight around about how big EK is in comparison to the US3. I get that he is saying they aren't going after an airline like W3, but the US3 sit in the US market and the ME3 have far more to lose. He should let Al Baker do the blowing up, since everyone ignores him to some extent anyway.

Further, while I agree that the US is a great growth market for Emirates, I think the larger concern is that other countries would start taking cues from the North American protectionism. But hey, this could be the opening salvo for the US3 as well given that the potential larger negative influence may be the Chinese state carriers in the future as reported by CAPA.

Interesting times, especially when you think this is just a battle and the war hasn't begun.

Regards,

Team
Since 2010: DL, KL, AF, WX, IG, FR , FL, U2, AK, BA, OK, UX, VS, VN, K6, AT, US, AY, BE, EI, LG, AZ, 9W, SG, AA, JL, W6

airbazar

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 26):
Not really true, Europe plays a far bigger role.

I never said it doesn't. You misinterpreted my post. I'm talking about growth, not about what it is today.
The numbers show that the U.S. is growing faster than any other market. Part of it is because until recently they couldn't really serve the U.S. economically but that is changing.

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 28):
BOS, SFO, LAX, SEA would beg to differ with VX/AS/B6 feed.

I wonder what VX/AS/B6 will think when the ME3 are serving the 30+ largest markets in the U.S. and no longer need feed, or not as much as they do today?

audian

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:16 pm

From the posts above, I see few are are not happy with ME3 travelers getting good quality product in Business class.
My conclusion is that the ME3 fliers are wise enough to get value for their money. As a matter of fact, any flier who put this logic is wise to me.

Human rights of the workers in the middle east is a whole different issue. Workers make their choice to work in the middle east. They are not forced. I repeat no one is ferrying them to middle east countries to work for them. I guess by this time, there should be numerous human right activists who are working on resolving these issues in middle east.

If I would like to show my humanitarian feelings, I would probably join or offer my support to those activists rather than ranting on the business class fliers on ME3.

Its a weird thing to bring airline's practices and its ethics in to the equation. All I care is the fastest and cheapest option in the list to reach my destination. One additional thing I weigh in is the experience I had with an airline in the past.

But if some one think that every traveler should know about the airline's practices and ethics before they buy a ticket, please advice me and everyone on this forum with the list of those airlines in US and Europe that hasn't done anything unethical to its employees, retirees and its customers.

[Edited 2015-06-09 09:20:49]

speedbored

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 31):
The point is that airlines in both the UAE and Qatar prosper under regimes of abusive employment laws and effectively no environmental protections.

In Qatar, perhaps, but it is nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. In Dubai, definitely not.

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 31):
In addition, they have access to capital that would not be possible if they were reliant on private lenders like other airlines.

Not true at all in the case of EK. EK relies entirely on commercial finance.

thekorean

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 33):

They are still limited in how much they can grow here. ME3 hubs are only good for Southeast Asia + India.

audian

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Quoting thekorean (Reply 36):

I would also add Africa to the list.

speedbored

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 23):
Funny, so I'm supposed to believe poor Indian workers in Qatar are healthier than the men of same age in a civilized European country with very well functioning healthcare system? That seriously makes me doubt the validity of those statistics.

Well, I see no reason for the UK government to overstate their numbers. I also can see absolutely no reason why the Indian government would lie about theirs, when they are so high, except perhaps to understate them. That just leaves the Qatar numbers, which come supplied by the people with an agenda against Qatar.

So, strange as it might seem, I would be surprised if the picture painted by the BBC article does not pretty accurately reflect the reality.

thekorean

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Quoting Audian (Reply 37):

Would involve significant backtracking except those on the East Coast of Africa.

Would rather fly SN or LH or BA.

aaexecplat

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 2):
It's pretty hard to compete against companies that play by different rules when it comes to employment laws and such. Qatar (the airline) in particular is known for treating its employees badly, and the nation of Qatar is one of the main centers of modern day slavery.

So by that logic, Europe should curb access of US carriers to European markets given that the EU has far greater worker protections, benefits, etc.

964 workers dies in Qatar in 2012 and 2013. That's 482/year. For fiscal year 2015, OSHA is reporting 803 worker deaths in the US and the fiscal year isn't over until 9/30/15.

Quoting Slider (Reply 5):
Hey Tim, care to tell us what your cost of capital is? Oh, what's that? You have guaranteed zero interest loans for the youngest fleet in the world? Oh, OK.

Ah. That argument...remind me what kind of interest rates the Fed has set in the US and what the cost of borrowing here in the US is for MANY businesses, but especially banks.

[Edited 2015-06-09 09:48:40]

seabosdca

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Quoting speedbored (Reply 35):
EK relies entirely on commercial finance.

But obtains favorable terms thanks to what amounts to a guarantee by the Dubai government.

speedbored

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 41):
But obtains favorable terms thanks to what amounts to a guarantee by the Dubai government.
None of EKs finance is guaranteed by the government. EK is a sufficiently sound business that, unlike many other airlines, it does not need anyone to guarantee any of its finance.

aaexecplat

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:53 pm

If I was the ME3, I would stop talking and send a strong message:

1) Immediately end any negotiations with Boeing and enter negotiations for Airbii.
2) Collaborate on schedule and establish JVs
3) Assault the US markets with tons of advertising and cheap fares
4) Have the governments of Qatar and the UAE bar US corporations and the US government from both access to their countries and government contracts.
5) Bankroll the campaigns of a number of current reps in Congress and Senate.

The US will understand only one language. And yapping in public isn't it.

Sooner787

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Quoting AAexecplat (Reply 43):
1) Immediately end any negotiations with Boeing and enter negotiations for Airbii.

Heck, Boeing and FedEx have both come out in favor of the ME3's positions.

seabosdca

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Quoting speedbored (Reply 42):
None of EKs finance is guaranteed by the government.

Not officially, but whenever a government is the sole shareholder there is an implied government guarantee. This applies to lots of airlines, not just EK, but it is still an advantage over privately held companies.

EK is a sufficiently sound business that, unlike many other airlines, it does not need anyone to guarantee any of its finance.

EK is definitely a sufficiently sound business to obtain financing in the open market. Whether it could obtain financing at the excellent terms it does, the sort of terms that allow it to do things like order 50 A380s and 150 777s at one time, is less certain.

32andBelow

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:58 pm

None of EKs finance is guaranteed by the government. EK is a sufficiently sound business that, unlike many other airlines, it does not need anyone to guarantee any of its finance.

Dude, bro, lol. That airline is not failing under any circumstances. None, zero.

sierra3tango

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 41):

Well a few years back the Government of Dubai was as good as bust, going cap in hand to Abu Dhabi and (metaphorically)
emptying out the petty cash tins in the Electric & Water Authority. Last time I looked Dubai didn't even have a sovereign
debt rating unlike Ras Al Khaimah and Abu Dhabi.

ASA

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Quoting thekorean (Reply 36):
They are still limited in how much they can grow here. ME3 hubs are only good for Southeast Asia + India.

This past saturday, I ran into two passengers on the security line in BOS Terminal C ... they were flying BOS-DXB-JNB. I was quite surprised ... not sure if they are anomalies ... but I think for the right price, these connections will increase more and more  

seabosdca

Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm

The reverse is more likely. So far all of the talk by US carriers and to a lesser extent the US government is just talk. European (and Canadian) governments are the ones that have taken concrete action to limit the ME3's operations.

3) Assault the US markets with tons of advertising and cheap fares

Already happening. Seattle is plastered with ads for $895 Emirates fares. There is no way that's a profitable price for a roundtrip connection that includes a 15-hour flight on a weight-restricted 777-300ER.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos