Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Houston Aviation Thread - Part 1

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 am

Now I know some of y'all don't like these {insert city} Aviation Thread Part {insert number}, but with everything that's happening in the Houston Airports (new airlines, facilities, equipment etc.), I figure it's just far more efficient to have one dedicated thread as opposed to a large number of threads posted over the next few months.

So today is the day that NH inaugurates its new IAH service from NRT. It's on a lightly configured, premium heavy 77W and will be operated daily. Flight number is NH174 and 173.
A man is only as big as the amount of strings on his guitar.

triley1057

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:51 am

I am curious if we will see more Latin America expansion from UA? Perhaps bring back GYE as well as adding some more cities in Colombia.

Also, I wonder if there is a possibility of ever seeing another European carrier start service? With the exception of SAS, it has been a really long time. I would love to see LX.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:58 am

Quoting triley1057 (Reply 1):

Also, I wonder if there is a possibility of ever seeing another European carrier start service? With the exception of SAS, it has been a really long time. I would love to see LX.

Once the market matures from the additions of MUC and SVG, I can see a ZRH or BRU flight on SN or LX. Once LX's 77W's are delivered that should free up some A330's and I suppose one could be used on IAH. Other than those, I can't really see many other options.

Quoting triley1057 (Reply 1):

I am curious if we will see more Latin America expansion from UA? Perhaps bring back GYE as well as adding some more cities in Colombia.

I can't name any particular routes off the top of my head, but maybe UA could. But lately their focus has been on the Caribbean with additions of PLS and STT. I think there was another before those as well. One that I'd love to see is SXM for obvious reasons  

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:20 pm

First pics of NH at IAH are being posted to IAH's Twitter!

http://www.fly2houston.com

Miami

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 3):

Congrats on the arrival of ANA!
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

thomasphoto60

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Thread starter):
Now I know some of y'all don't like these {insert city} Aviation Thread Part {insert number}, but with everything that's happening in the Houston Airports (new airlines, facilities, equipment etc.), I figure it's just far more efficient to have one dedicated thread as opposed to a large number of threads posted over the next few months.

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to read about the events happening in Houston, I glad to see such a thread.
"Show me the Braniffs"

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 5):
No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to read about the events happening in Houston, I glad to see such a thread.

Yeah, but there are always people who will complain about it. I just felt the need to to address it.

aznmadsci

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:45 pm

I will say BR has been doing some serious marketing all over the city. I saw a banner inside Minute Maid Park during the Astros home opener. In the Houston Galleria they have a huge banner. I've noted a couple of billboard. Today's latest promo is a truck w/LED screens on the sides promoting the flight, Taipei, the airline, and of course Hello Kitty. They are definitely making making sure they are known in the city.
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting aznmadsci (Reply 7):

I will say BR has been doing some serious marketing all over the city. I saw a banner inside Minute Maid Park during the Astros home opener. In the Houston Galleria they have a huge banner. I've noted a couple of billboard. Today's latest promo is a truck w/LED screens on the sides promoting the flight, Taipei, the airline, and of course Hello Kitty. They are definitely making making sure they are known in the city.

Good! BR is another of those "best airline that no one has ever heard of". EVA by no means is a household name and probably needs all the billboard space and ad plays it can get. Despite that, I feel like they'll be able to hold their own here.

thomasphoto60

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 8):
Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 8):

Quoting aznmadsci (Reply 7):

Good! BR is another of those "best airline that no one has ever heard of". EVA by no means is a household name and probably needs all the billboard space and ad plays it can get. Despite that, I feel like they'll be able to hold their own here.

Yeah, but can Houston really support two Taiwanese carriers?

Just "throwin" this out there but what about Hainan? They seem to be growing at a rapid rate as of late. They already serve SEA, ORD and BOS as well as recently applying for a JFK route and
launching LAX and SJC this Summer. As far as I know, they are affiliated with Star, Skyteam or Oneworld.
"Show me the Braniffs"

aznmadsci

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 9):
Yeah, but can Houston really support two Taiwanese carriers?

BR will be the return of a Taiwanese carrier. Not sure I would follow the rumors of CI returning to IAH any time soon.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 9):

Just "throwin" this out there but what about Hainan? They seem to be growing at a rapid rate as of late. They already serve SEA, ORD and BOS as well as recently applying for a JFK route and
launching LAX and SJC this Summer. As far as I know, they are affiliated with Star, Skyteam or Oneworld.

I wouldn't count Hainan out either. How many destinations in North America do they have now? 7? But I can't see that one working without hurting CA. But hey, if they wanna try it, far be it from me to stop them.

yellowtail

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:51 pm

I have three questions for this thread.

How is SQ doing with KE and the other asians now in the mix competing over the SGN traffic and the collapse of the DME economy.

How is KE doing now

How long before we see LATAM launch a GIG-IAH route. I find it very hard to believe they are not at least looking at the yields for UA on the route and not thinking to themselves that they could do a 332 on that and mot make something. Especially as leisure traffic dies off from brazil due to the collapse of the real. Any airline would start to look at premium heavy business routes. Also HAS would be insane to to be courting them. Even a LA LIM-IAH might do well.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

thomasphoto60

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Let's not forget that massive landmass to the south of us, called South America. I would love to see Azul, LAN, Avianca (the actual Colombian carrier) or TAM. While I would hope to see some competition from one or more of these carriers, however with UA's dominance on IAH-South America segments, I am not too optimistic we'll see a South American carrier anytime soon.
"Show me the Braniffs"

thomasphoto60

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Quoting aznmadsci (Reply 10):
BR will be the return of a Taiwanese carrier. Not sure I would follow the rumors of CI returning to IAH any time soon.

Forgive me, I was very groggy when I read this and responded, I was thinking that either you or IAHFlyer were suggesting a CI service, I am little   . Lesson learned, never respond to anything until having a cup of coffee.

[Edited 2015-06-12 14:25:31]

[Edited 2015-06-12 14:25:57]
"Show me the Braniffs"

aznmadsci

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 14):
Forgive me, I was very groggy when I read this and responded, I was thinking that either you or IAHFlyer were suggesting a CI service, I am little   , should never respond to anything until having a cup of coffee.

No worries. Thought you were confusing CA, CI, or both.  

bigb

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 pm

I am glad that we have a thread about my hometown of Houston now. It will be a good way to keep with what is going on there.

TWA772LR

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:24 pm

I think that MS, ET and SA may be able to make IAH work. A lot of people travel to CAI alone from IAH and then throw in the connections to east Africa and you have a strong possibility of success.

ADA is growing as a city as is the country of Ethiopia, throw in connections and it could work too.

SA could work, maybe, but that is more for selfish reasons.

International service is great and all, but personally, I'd want to see more UA expansion because 1) I grew up with CO/UA and want to see them grow 2) D is getting overcrowded. I want to see HA come in with the A330, believe it or not, there are 0 daily A330 ops into Houston, but a 767 is more likely, and there were strong rumors last year of HA coming in.

And if they fill up for it, VX and B6 can come too.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:53 am

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 13):

Let's not forget that massive landmass to the south of us, called South America. I would love to see Azul, LAN, Avianca (the actual Colombian carrier) or TAM. While I would hope to see some competition from one or more of these carriers, however with UA's dominance on IAH-South America segments, I am not too optimistic we'll see a South American carrier anytime soon.

The way I see it, South and Latin America and the Caribbean are UA's to lose. And I have a feeling that they're not going to let even an Alliance partner have very much of that.

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 17):
International service is great and all, but personally, I'd want to see more UA expansion because 1) I grew up with CO/UA and want to see them grow 2) D is getting overcrowded. I want to see HA come in with the A330, believe it or not, there are 0 daily A330 ops into Houston, but a 767 is more likely, and there were strong rumors last year of HA coming in.

And if they fill up for it, VX and B6 can come too.

If oil stays down for an extended period time (which, from what I hear, it's going to go back down soon), AF is gonna have to go A330. No chance they'll ever leave though.

The only problem with HA is that I feel like UA has IAH-Hawaii locked down pretty well. Let's say they do come here. Where would they park? Terminal A South has a wide body gate, but it would block off a few others. Would they just use D in the early morning when the Asian carriers haven't left yet?

toxtethogrady

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:16 am

I think we need to see what happens with oil prices, which are a double-edged sword - great for traffic demand, bad for airline operating costs. Either that or Houston needs to become more of a venture capital hub.

The next big project should be to get Virgin America to start service.

AVENSAB727

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:20 am

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 18):
If oil stays down for an extended period time (which, from what I hear, it's going to go back down soon), AF is gonna have to go A330. No chance they'll ever leave though.
I am curious to which source told this rumor about oil supposedly going back down. I think oil has already hit the bottom and it now hovering around the $59-60 border line, I doubt oil will go back down soon.
Always look on the bright side of Life!

Okcflyer

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:24 am

I'm excited about this thread. Love IAH and visit frequently.

My fingers are crossed for a GYE add but I remain a little skeptical. Ecuador as a country is struggling thanks to poor leadership.

I don't see the need for any Star players competiting against UA at IAH. Their energies are better focused on Florida, New York, and Cali. Best bet would be an AV Bog-IAH flight with a A320. It won't compete on product for high-yield since UA runs international 757's on the route. Therefore I keep as unlikely.

Someone should start a C-North construction thread. Or perhaps we can include updates here. Does anyone have a updated timeline for D construction?

PS. I noticed far fewer EJets around IAH last week than previously. Maybe it was the time of day? Or are the EJet being routed more through the network now instead of being focused around IAH?

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:38 am

Quoting AVENSAB727 (Reply 20):
I am curious to which source told this rumor about oil supposedly going back down. I think oil has already hit the bottom and it now hovering around the $59-60 border line, I doubt oil will go back down soon.

I've got family who works at a travel agency and oil companies come directly to them fairly frequently. They said to expect oil to be back down at about $40 when the slow season starts to come back around and the back up to $60 during the high season. But of course, this is oil we're talking about. For all we know it could up at $80 by years end.

Quoting OKCFlyer (Reply 21):
Someone should start a C-North construction thread. Or perhaps we can include updates here. Does anyone have a updated timeline for D construction?

I intended just to keep that here.

Terminal C North pretty much just broke ground a few weeks ago so we'll likely have occasional pictures and articles to share. I'm heading back to IAH fairly soon so I'll try and get a picture of the progress. The rest of the project is going to to fall into place one step at a time over the next 6 years or so.

Quoting toxtethogrady (Reply 19):
The next big project should be to get Virgin America to start service.

That'd be a good one to have on LAX or SFO. I think F9 has kind of proven that UA on IAH-SFO is not untouchable. Any competition is good competition, especially when names like VX are involved!

AVENSAB727

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:53 am

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 22):
I've got family who works at a travel agency and oil companies come directly to them fairly frequently. They said to expect oil to be back down at about $40 when the slow season starts to come back around and the back up to $60 during the high season. But of course, this is oil we're talking about. For all we know it could up at $80 by years end.

Ah ok, That is probably going to be the case.
Always look on the bright side of Life!

Okcflyer

Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:21 am

Quoting OKCFlyer (Reply 21):

I intended just to keep that here.

Sounds good, Sir.

For what it is worth, I'm an engineer in the Oil & Gas industry. Production side. We (one of the big players globally) believe prices will be a little higher than that. $50 is the likely floor. Average at least $60. Still economical in the USA, rate of growth is less. One overlooked component in the price is the relative strength of the U.S. Dollar. If (not really if but when) that starts to go back down, price will come up again.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:24 am

Quoting OKCFlyer (Reply 24):
For what it is worth, I'm an engineer in the Oil & Gas industry. Production side. We (one of the big players globally) believe prices will be a little higher than that. $50 is the likely floor. Average at least $60. Still economical in the USA, rate of growth is less. One overlooked component in the price is the relative strength of the U.S. Dollar. If (not really if but when) that starts to go back down, price will come up again.

Fair enough! Thanks for the info  

TWA772LR

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:43 am

What's the future hold for EFD? Any word on that spaceport HAS wants to build? I think it would make an awesome cargo airport.

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

FlyingSicilian

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:02 am

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 26):
What's the future hold for EFD? ..... I think it would make an awesome cargo airport.

I doubt it, other than smaller cargo players/regional ops.

The transportation network and logistics of IAH are much better than EFD as one can get more places and to more highways and railways faster than at EFD.

EFD gets one closer to the seaports by just a smidge but not enough to make it feasible to move IMO. IAH has more runways, more space, more access, and better air traffic flow management right now.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

TWA772LR

Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Quoting FlyingSicilian (Reply 27):

As far as ground transportation is concerned, at least for outsized cargo, EFF is much better suited. Down there the land around the road is just wide open space, and its much closer to where that cargo will be utilized, I.e. the ship channel, refineries, chemical plants, etc...

iAHs only road going near the cargo area is Lee Road, a two lane road infested with potholes, trees on both sides, power lines, and bumper to bumper traffice at the right time of day as it is straddled by 1960 and Will Clayton. I'm actually surprised a truck with a giant generator has flipped over on that road.

EFD is a former USAF base so its runways are designed to handle the huge air force cargo planes, especially the C5, so it can handle 777s 747s and Antonovs on a daily basis just like IAH does.

thomasphoto60

Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 28):

iAHs only road going near the cargo area is Lee Road, a two lane road infested with potholes, trees on both sides, power lines, and bumper to bumper traffice at the right time of day as it is straddled by 1960 and Will Clayton. I'm actually surprised a truck with a giant generator has flipped over on that road.

Yeah, I am always scratching my head as to why Lee Rd has yet to get an upgrade. With such a massive cargo complex as East Cargo and only getting busier, that 2 lane "trail", well it is just a matter of time before an accident that you described or worse happens.
"Show me the Braniffs"

LAXdude1023

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:46 pm

I've spoken personally with people in VX route planning. Sadly, Houston isn't going to be in the short term. Now that they are established firmly, they are more interested in the huge O&D markets from SFO and LAX that they've been ignoring for that reason (namely PHX and DEN).

I would expect EY to darken our door before too long. IAH has to be on the short list of destinations unserved.

MS? No.

ET? Perhaps though I'm somwhat skeptical.

What may be realistic is a 787 to PVG. I would have preferred OZ over KE, but I don't know if OZ will try and force KE out. The market isn't big enough for both.

What I would LOVE to see is UA beef up its domestic profile from IAH. Bring back DAY, CID, and GSO, and the second frequency on DSM.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

FlyingSicilian

Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:01 pm

As far as ground transportation is concerned, at least for outsized cargo, EFF is much better suited. Down there the land around the road is just wide open space, and its much closer to where that cargo will be utilized, I.e. the ship channel, refineries, chemical plants, etc...

EFD is a former USAF base so its runways are designed to handle the huge air force cargo planes, especially the C5, so it can handle 777s 747s and Antonovs on a daily basis just like IAH does.

Yes, I am certainly aware of what EFD can handle, as an Air Force Officer I flew in and out of there and still go there on occasion to shop and visitwith friends in the Guard there. It still remains that I, and it seems many a cargo operator think IAH is better. The market has chosen IAH.

An-225s, C-5s and other large birds use IAH all the time too as you note. Could EFD be a big cargo hub? Sure if you throw enough money at it, but FedEx and UPS will not want to spend a fortune moving ops down there now. One off special cargo operators are a different story, but even Volga-Dnepr has its Houston office in the Woodlands and choose IAH, not EFD.

Also EFD is south of the Bayou, thus requiring cargo to cross it to reach much of what you suggest, so the usage point is somewhat mute.

That being said, of course IAH could always use more upgrades and those should be forthcoming if the current admin keeps its smart aviation focus.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

thomasphoto60

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:37 am

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 30):

I've spoken personally with people in VX route planning. Sadly, Houston isn't going to be in the short term. Now that they are established firmly, they are more interested in the huge O&D markets from SFO and LAX that they've been ignoring for that reason (namely PHX and DEN).

Had a similar conversation with a VX rep a few months back and she said basically the same thing, though she implied that Houston wasn't even being considered long term, not enough O&D as you noted. Oh well, their loss....
"Show me the Braniffs"

kaichinshih

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 am

"Shining Star" B-16722 has rolled out from the paintshop and just flew its first commercial flight TPE-SIN
Will be operating the inaugural Houston flight on 19 June.
========
The plane sure looks much better in real life than on those 2D renderings!
https://talkairlines.wordpress.com/2...la-themed-seventh-hello-kitty-jet/

Nimish

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am

I would expect EY to darken our door before too long. IAH has to be on the short list of destinations unserved.

This would be awesome for me - fly frequently on BLR-IAH and 9W/ EY would be a convenient way to keep status/ privileges on the 9W programs active! UA's recent FFP downgrades for the lower Y fares would make my switch much easier to justify.
Incredible India!

YoungDon

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:49 pm

MS? No.

ET? Perhaps though I'm somwhat skeptical.

What may be realistic is a 787 to PVG. I would have preferred OZ over KE, but I don't know if OZ will try and force KE out. The market isn't big enough for both.

What I would LOVE to see is UA beef up its domestic profile from IAH. Bring back DAY, CID, and GSO, and the second frequency on DSM.

ET would be interesting, but ADD-IAH is a VERY long route. Like you, I'm not sure the numbers would work out there and the westbound leg would be logistically challenging.

I wish that OZ actually had the airplanes available to expand, they would have a lot more to gain than KE at IAH and would do better in my opinion.

RGElectra80

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Quoting thomasphoto60 (Reply 13):
Let's not forget that massive landmass to the south of us, called South America. I would love to see Azul, LAN, Avianca (the actual Colombian carrier) or TAM

I can't speak for LAN or Avianca, but I don't really see Azul flying to markets without a large Brazilian population for now. I bet Azul goes BOS or EWR/JFK before IAH.

TAM is anyone's guess, but I guess they could always do IAH-GIG. IIRC the Brazilian oil industry is more in Rio anyway than Sao Paulo which is more of a financial capital.
austinspotter.wordpress.com

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:02 am

Its been up for a whi

Quoting RGElectra80 (Reply 36):
TAM is anyone's guess, but I guess they could always do IAH-GIG. IIRC the Brazilian oil industry is more in Rio anyway than Sao Paulo which is more of a financial capital.

I still am convinced that UA would never let Deep South America fall to a competitor. Too much money there to let someone else take it.

TWA772LR

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 am

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 37):
I still am convinced that SA)">UA would never let Deep South America fall to a competitor. Too much money there to let someone else take it.

I'm not exactly convinced South America is as lucrative as we think. It's all been downgauged from 777s and 764s to 787s and 763s. And one of the Brazilian cities used to be 2x daily (cant remember which one).

JJ couldve come in during the Star days if they really wanted to and AV wouldve been in IAH from the day SA)">CO joined Star if SA)">CO/UA didn't have the lions share of IAH-SA.

iad51fl

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 am

The IAH Master Plan has Lee Rd closed to traffic with an expansion of the Cargo ramp and buildings. I did see some surveyors out there a couple weeks ago, so plans may be in the works to do something with the road.

The biggest issue with Lee Rd, is that people use it as a cut through during rush hour and adds to the already congested roadway.

Chris
Enjoying the view of KIAH approach end of 27. 29.980548, -95.271201

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:21 am

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 38):

I'm not exactly convinced South America is as lucrative as we think. It's all been downgauged from 777s and 764s to 787s and 763s. And one of the Brazilian cities used to be 2x daily (cant remember which one).

787's are no slouch man. You got EZE, GIG and SCL on a 789 which has very little capacity difference from a 772, GRU on a 788 and LIM 9x weekly on a 763 and 752 (the latter being the other 2x). I'll even throw BOG in there on 2x 752's.

And I'd imagine that GIG at least would go 78J when those come around.

IAHWorldflyer

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:05 pm

Looking a few years down the road, does anyone here think that UA would start up a flight to the Middle East? Maybe BAH or KWI? There's a large amount of traffic from IAH to eastern Saudi that could funnel through one or the other. With the large FF base UA has in Houston, it seems they could capture some premium traffic. If it's enough to fill a plane is another story.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Quoting iahworldflyer (Reply 41):

I suppose, but you still have to deal with EK, QR and down the line, probably EY. So for the time being, IAD is the better place to route pax through and I'm sure it will remain that way for the foreseeable future. But, I could be wrong.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:19 pm

We got BR coming in tomorrow! Anybody going to see it come in?

triley1057

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Quoting IAHflyer97 (Reply 43):
We got BR coming in tomorrow! Anybody going to see it come in?

I hope that IAH also sees EVA in its regular livery vs. the Hello Kitty livery. Is the Hello Kitty plane really dedicated to the IAH route or will it rotate through the system?

Also, I am curious how SQ is doing these days? They certainly have a lot more competition recently and the Russian economy can't be helping either.

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Quoting triley1057 (Reply 44):
I hope that IAH also sees EVA in its regular livery vs. the Hello Kitty livery. Is the Hello Kitty plane really dedicated to the IAH route or will it rotate through the system?

From what I've heard, it will be on Houston and Singapore. I too hope that they'll bring in the normal one every once in a while. It's gotta go tech at some point so I'm sure the original will show up from time to time.

Also, I am curious how SQ is doing these days? They certainly have a lot more competition recently and the Russian economy can't be helping either.

I don't know exactly how they're doing, but they'd be doing better if they teamed up with UA.

IAHWorldflyer

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:12 am

I don't know, but have you checked out fares from IAH to SIN on their website this summer? A couple hundred dollars lower than the fares were when they inaugurated the route several years ago. I'd say they are feeling some competition.

kaichinshih

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:52 am

EVA Air Launches Houston!!
BR52 on its way to IAH!

IAHflyer97
Topic Author

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 am

Good video of NH's arrival and departure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPszdjhCT0w

iad51fl

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Another side topic:

Who chose the new airline/terminal signs inbound to the airport?

They are starting to peel off, the trim is coming off and just look like crap. Why not the trusted metal slats, just print out a name on vinyl material, stick it on the sign, and replace a blank one.

What ever they are using now looks like Avery labels ran through a laser printer and just stuck on the sign....at least the D/E one I just saw.

Chris

[Edited 2015-06-19 09:04:15]
Enjoying the view of KIAH approach end of 27. 29.980548, -95.271201

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos