Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11392
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:11 pm

UPS N607UP on another test flight

https://www.flightradar24.com/BOE608/f3d2e51
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm

The 2nd UPS 747-8 freighter (LN 1542) has been delivered and is on its way to SDF:

https://fr24.com/UPS9103/f435c14
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
Slug71
Posts: 1504
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:08 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Is the second QR 747-8F back from paint yet?
When is the 3rd UPS due out of FAL?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:29 am

Departure of N607UP towards Louisville (KSDF), KPAE October 19 2017

Image

Original uploaded by Jennifer Schuld, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/921101956524863488

Note: Is the next 747-8F (L/N1544, N606UP) visible in the background ?
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
boefan
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:29 am

747classic wrote:
Note: Is the next 747-8F (L/N1544, N606UP) visible in the background ?


Yes it was rolled out on October 16th
 
audidudi
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 pm

747classic wrote:
Via @UPSAirlines on Twitter, the first revenue flights for each 748 in 2017.
"The aircraft will begin connecting global communities during peak 2017. Each 747-8 will replace the current 747-400 on these routes. As more 747-8s enter service, the 747-400s they're replacing will be moved into routes currently being flown by MD-11s, which will, in turn, be used to upside other routes. Each route on this map represents three flights per week.
Tail N605UP is estimated to go into service Oct. 27. The route is SDF-ANC-ICN-HKG-ANC-SDF.
Tail N607UP is estimated to go into service Nov. 13. The route is SDF-ANC-ICN-HKG-ANC-SDF.
Tail N606UP is estimated to go into service Dec. 11. The route is SDF-ANC-HKG-TPE-ANC-SDF."

It looks like N605UP entered service on Oct. 7th, but did visit BFI on Oct. 14th for a couple of hours.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N605UP
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:13 pm

N605UP was delivered at September 29th
Thereafter the aircraft was displayed in the large UPS hangar at Louisville
Image
Original uploaded by Josh Kellerman, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/126904616 ... 496523236/
05 October - 5X9902 SDF-SDF, circuits for flightcrew training
07 october – 5X9922 SDF-ANC routeproving,
Long stopover for ANC ground crew familarazation.
08 October - 5X9923 ANC-SDF
10 October - 5X9924 SDF-HKG (direct flight – fuel consumption checks etc.)
Long stopover for HKG for ground crew familarization.
12 October - 5X9925 HKG-ANC revenue load on board
14 October - 5X9927 ANC-ONT (diverted to BFI)
14 October -5X9927 BFI-ONT
16 october – 5X9929 ONT-SDF
First revenue flight at October 18 – 5X64/5X63, SDF-ANC-ICN-HKG-ANC-SDF
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:02 am

"Air Force One" update

Both L/N 1519 and L/N 1523 (Transaero NTU) are now internally listed with contract delivery date October 31 2017.

L/N 1523 has already been listed with Boeing owner/operator identification code BAC/VA1
L/N 1519 has still been listed with "secret code " 461
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:24 pm

A flightplan for N606UP, the third and last UPS 747-8F to be delivered in 2017, has just been filed. This first (B1) flight PAE-MWH will be operated with callsign BOE532.

See : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPAE/KMWH

Aircraft data : L/N 1544 - 747-8F, RC532, UPS, serial number 64253, N606UP, unpainted , KPAE flight line, roll out October 16 2017, scheduled paint completion : November 04, scheduled Customer flight November 14, scheduled delivery November 15 2017
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6607
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:18 pm

747classic wrote:
Aircraft data : L/N 1544 - 747-8F, RC532, UPS, serial number 64253, N606UP, unpainted , KPAE flight line, roll out October 16 2017, scheduled paint completion : November 04, scheduled Customer flight November 14, scheduled delivery November 15 2017


:!:

UPS is not messing around; they want their aircraft NOW!
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2752
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:10 pm

seabosdca wrote:
747classic wrote:
Aircraft data : L/N 1544 - 747-8F, RC532, UPS, serial number 64253, N606UP, unpainted , KPAE flight line, roll out October 16 2017, scheduled paint completion : November 04, scheduled Customer flight November 14, scheduled delivery November 15 2017


:!:

UPS is not messing around; they want their aircraft NOW!


Well, the Christmas season rush is fast approaching :)
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Have L/N 1542 through 1555 all been assigned to UPS ?
Thanks.
Geoff
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:12 am

N606UP, Just before her first flight towards Moses Lake, KPAE, October 26th 2017
Image

Original uploaded by Matt Cawby's twitter, see : https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/923769228624257024
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:46 am

Geoff1947 wrote:
Have L/N 1542 through 1555 all been assigned to UPS ?
Thanks.
Geoff


No, AFAIK only the slots until/incl. L/N 1548 are allocated by UPS aircraft. L/N 1549 has been allocated to UPS, but wihout detailed data and could be changed (Silkway West Airlines or a new white tail)

Provisional 747-8 firing order + (UPS)delivery schedule (subject to change)

L/N 1544, N606UP, 64253, scheduled delivery 11/15/2017 (could be a few days earlier)
L/N 1545, N608UP, 64255, scheduled delivery 01/18/2018
L/N 1546, N609UP, 64254, scheduled delivery 03/15/2018
L/N 1547, N610UP, 64256, scheduled delivery 07/02/2018
L/N 1548, N611UP, 64257, scheduled delivery 08/01/2018
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:22 pm

L/N 1544, N606UP was ferried with callsign BOE532 from Paine Field (KPAE) towards Portland(KPDX) for paint at October 28th 2017, see :
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE5 ... /KPAE/KPDX
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 pm

747classic wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:
Have L/N 1542 through 1555 all been assigned to UPS ?
Thanks.
Geoff


No, AFAIK only the slots until/incl. L/N 1548 are allocated by UPS aircraft. L/N 1549 has been allocated to UPS, but wihout detailed data and could be changed (Silkway West Airlines or a new white tail)

Provisional 747-8 firing order + (UPS)delivery schedule (subject to change)

L/N 1544, N606UP, 64253, scheduled delivery 11/15/2017 (could be a few days earlier)
L/N 1545, N608UP, 64255, scheduled delivery 01/18/2018
L/N 1546, N609UP, 64254, scheduled delivery 03/15/2018
L/N 1547, N610UP, 64256, scheduled delivery 07/02/2018
L/N 1548, N611UP, 64257, scheduled delivery 08/01/2018


Thanks it will be interesting to see if any non UPS frames get scheduled.

Geoff
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:19 pm

L/N 1437, A7-BGA for Qatar Cargo was ferried back today (November 02th) from Portland towards Paine Field after paint.

See : http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE5 ... /KPDX/KPAE

Note : The same flightplan (BOE573, PDX-PAE) was filed yesterday but the flight was later cancelled due unknown reasons.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm

L/N1544, N606UP was ferried with callsign BOE532 from Portland(KPDX) towards Paine Field (KPAE) after paint at November 8th 2017, see :
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE532/history/20171109/0030Z/KPDX/KPAE

No recent pics of Qatar Cargo A7-BGA and UPS N606UP are available from Paine Field yet. After the retirement of Chris Edwards (Woodysaeroimages) no daily spotters seem to be active at PAE anymore.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2752
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:23 pm

747classic wrote:
L/N1544, N606UP was ferried with callsign BOE532 from Portland(KPDX) towards Paine Field (KPAE) after paint at November 8th 2017, see :
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE532/history/20171109/0030Z/KPDX/KPAE

No recent pics of Qatar Cargo A7-BGA and UPS N606UP are available from Paine Field yet. After the retirement of Chris Edwards (Woodysaeroimages) no daily spotters seem to be active at PAE anymore.


Matt Cawby has a paid website with almost daily updates from PAE

$25 per year, look forward to his updates almost every day

http://www.paineairport.com
 
User avatar
piotrg
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:43 am

LN1437 RC573 A7-BGA 2nd B748F for Qatar Cargo:
Image
photo by Chris Edwards/WoodysAeroimages: https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/status/929846808800407552
 
boefan
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am

boefan wrote:
I've came across this photo below and after doing a little search i found out that B-2482 is grounded for over 2 months . 2 engines seem missing (one completely )

Anyone knows something about this bird . I couldn't find any incident . The 748 fleet at CCA has pretty low utilization as B-2479 hasn't flown since April (VIP frame)

Only 3 routes seem to have frequent 748 visits ( JFK - SFO - CKG)

Image

https://twitter.com/winglets747/status/ ... 7929167872


Still No activity since April 2017 and i couldn't find a newer photo since then.

I am a bit interested in this frame but when i posted back in May this photo nobody replied so here i ask again .

Anyone knows the status or the reason behind this long term grounding ? (even the VIP frame is more active) .
I know GE was swapping engines for Air China but a wait of 7+ months seems unlikely i believe
 
audidudi
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm

boefan wrote:
boefan wrote:
I've came across this photo below and after doing a little search i found out that B-2482 is grounded for over 2 months . 2 engines seem missing (one completely )

Anyone knows something about this bird . I couldn't find any incident . The 748 fleet at CCA has pretty low utilization as B-2479 hasn't flown since April (VIP frame)

Only 3 routes seem to have frequent 748 visits ( JFK - SFO - CKG)

Image

https://twitter.com/winglets747/status/ ... 7929167872


Still No activity since April 2017 and i couldn't find a newer photo since then.

I am a bit interested in this frame but when i posted back in May this photo nobody replied so here i ask again .

Anyone knows the status or the reason behind this long term grounding ? (even the VIP frame is more active) .
I know GE was swapping engines for Air China but a wait of 7+ months seems unlikely i believe

Presumably nobody has replied as nobody has any updates! But seriously, at least B-2479 has flown recently, but not on any long sectors as can be seen in the two links below. At least B-2479 and B-2482 will both have very low flight hours and cycles on them which theoretically means they should be flying for the longest time!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/B2479

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/b-2479

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/B2482
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:48 am

A flight plan for the delivery flight has been filed for L/N 1544, N606UP, the third UPS freighter. Callsign will be UPS9105 for the flight KPAE- KSDF (Louisville), scheduled for November 16th 2017.

See : http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS9 ... /KPAE/KSDF

Aircraft data : L/N 1544 - 747-8F, RC532, UPS, serial number 64253, N606UP, full livery, roll out October 16th 2017 , F/F October 26th 2017, ferried to Portland (KPDX) for paint at October 28th 2017, returned at November 08th 2017, scheduled contract delivery date November 16th 2017.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
na
Posts: 9793
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 am

Now that ln.1544 is being delivered today, has ln. 1545 been rolled-out over the past few days?

Sadly no 748F orders materialized at the Dubai show.
Atlas Air has been enlarging its fleet with second hand (ex Korean) 744Fs recently.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 am

747classic wrote:
A flight plan for the delivery flight has been filed for L/N 1544, N606UP, the third UPS freighter. Callsign will be UPS9105 for the flight KPAE- KSDF (Louisville), scheduled for November 16th 2017.


N606UP, KPAE, lined up for Take Off, November 16th 2017.

Image

Original uploaded by Jennifer schuld on twitter, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/931292114754813952
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 pm

The last remaining airframe, without a customer, L/N 1435, Lufthansa NTU, was moved from the flight line to a storage position at the closed RW11/29.

L/N1435, N828BA, KPAE, November 20th 2017.
Image
Original uploaded by Jennifer Schuld, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/932712719018369024

Aircraft data : L/N 1435 - 747-830, RC021, serial number 37826, F/F April-26-2011, 747-8I test aircraft #2, test registration N6067U, Lufthansa #1 (NTU), selcal code CS-HP, basic LH color scheme, without lettering and LH logo, D-ABYE( NTU), Scheduled LH delivery date was September-30-2012 , Resumed additional flight testing (tail tank, GEnx-2B PIP, NGFMS updates) at May 20 2013, flight testing out of San Bernadino (KBSD) from May 26, returned to Moses Lake at June 18 for additional low altitude tests, from June 28 at Inca Manco Cápac Intl. airport Peru (JUL/SPJL) for high altitude airport tests, returned to Moses Lake via Houston at July 10, latest flight tests are flown from Boeing Field and Moses Lake, aircraft was scheduled to be sold later, but is internally listed : TBC (The Boeing Company). Refurbishment to production standard at the KPAE flight line completed. Re-registered at December 12 2014 : N828BA. Flown to Marana (KMZJ) for storage at May 21 2015. Returned to KPAE at July 28 2017. Stored at RW11/29 at November 20th 2017.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
UAEflyer
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Any news about Oman Royal Flight 747-8i ?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:46 pm

UAEflyer wrote:
Any news about Oman Royal Flight 747-8i ?


L/N 1466, 747-8H0, A4O-HMS is still at L3 Platform Integration at Waco, TX because modification is delayed following identification of quality problems.

Note : L/N 1292, 747-430, A4O-OMN (ex. D-ARFO), Oman Royal Flight just received maintenance at Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg

A4O-OMN, November 17th 2017, EDDH
Image
Original uploaded by Lutz Salomon, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/131009477 ... 443281326/
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3903
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm

747classic wrote:
UAEflyer wrote:
Any news about Oman Royal Flight 747-8i ?


L/N 1466, 747-8H0, A4O-HMS is still at L3 Platform Integration at Waco, TX because modification is delayed following identification of quality problems.

Note : L/N 1292, 747-430, A4O-OMN (ex. D-ARFO), Oman Royal Flight just received maintenance at Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg

A4O-OMN, November 17th 2017, EDDH
Image
Original uploaded by Lutz Salomon, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/131009477 ... 443281326/

That photo is of a 747-400
 
MoonC
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm

747classic wrote:
Note : L/N 1292, 747-430, A4O-OMN (ex. D-ARFO), Oman Royal Flight just received maintenance at Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg

A4O-OMN, November 17th 2017, EDDH


I'm pretty sure that's what he said.
 
trijetsonly
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 pm

ER757 wrote:
747classic wrote:
UAEflyer wrote:
Any news about Oman Royal Flight 747-8i ?


L/N 1466, 747-8H0, A4O-HMS is still at L3 Platform Integration at Waco, TX because modification is delayed following identification of quality problems.

Note : L/N 1292, 747-430, A4O-OMN (ex. D-ARFO), Oman Royal Flight just received maintenance at Lufthansa Technik, Hamburg

A4O-OMN, November 17th 2017, EDDH
Image
Original uploaded by Lutz Salomon, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/131009477 ... 443281326/

That photo is of a 747-400



That's why 747classic wrote Note : L/N 1292, 747-430,... above the photo.

I guess the intention of the photo was to show that the expected delays of A4O-HMS justified the maintenance of A4O-OMN.
Happy Landings
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:39 pm

trijetsonly wrote:


That's why 747classic wrote : Note : L/N 1292, 747-430,...[/b] above the photo.

I guess the intention of the photo was to show that the expected delays of A4O-HMS justified the maintenance of A4O-OMN.


:checkmark: fully correct
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3903
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:32 pm

747classic wrote:
trijetsonly wrote:


That's why 747classic wrote : Note : L/N 1292, 747-430,...[/b] above the photo.

I guess the intention of the photo was to show that the expected delays of A4O-HMS justified the maintenance of A4O-OMN.


:checkmark: fully correct

OK, I mis-read your post - saw it was a reply to a question about status of a 748i and looked at the photo without fully reading the text. Sorry
 
FW200
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

What about the 748F L/N 1437, A7-BGA? It was ferried back from painting over one month ago (02 NOV 2017) and nothing was heard of this frame since then.

Doesn't QR take up its ordered planes in time once again or what's going on?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm

FW200 wrote:
What about the 748F L/N 1437, A7-BGA? It was ferried back from painting over one month ago (02 NOV 2017) and nothing was heard of this frame since then.

Doesn't QR take up its ordered planes in time once again or what's going on?


Official delivery date (contract date) was scheduled for 30th November, but the aircraft is still registered in the FAA registry as N770BA, see : http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry ... rtxt=770BA

No info received about a new delivery date.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
FW200
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:33 pm

@ 747classic:

Thanks!
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11392
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 am

Qatar A7-BGA awaiting delivery flight

Image

https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/sta ... 0491558912
Forum Moderator
 
audidudi
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am

qf789 wrote:
Qatar A7-BGA awaiting delivery flight

Image

https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/sta ... 0491558912

A very similar, but not identical, photo from that in reply #2020 above, indicating in all likelyhood that it hasn't moved in the last few weeks. Would it be ready for it's delivery flight without a final CAF?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 am

audidudi wrote:
A very similar, but not identical, photo from that in reply #2020 above, indicating in all likelyhood that it hasn't moved in the last few weeks. Would it be ready for it's delivery flight without a final CAF?


Customer flight (C1) was original scheduled for November 22th, but has not been performed up to now !
According the latest flight line photo by Matt Cawby, some maintenance work is performed, see : http://paineairport.com/images/fl20171201.jpg
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 am

747classic wrote:
Customer flight (C1) was original scheduled for November 22th, but has not been performed up to now !


A flight plan for a customer flight of L/N1437 for Qatar Cargo has been filed for December 8th with callsign BOE573, see : http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE5 ... /KPAE/KMWH
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3903
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 pm

747classic wrote:
747classic wrote:
Customer flight (C1) was original scheduled for November 22th, but has not been performed up to now !


A flight plan for a customer flight of L/N1437 for Qatar Cargo has been filed for December 8th with callsign BOE573, see : http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE5 ... /KPAE/KMWH

It operated this time - back at PAE now
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11392
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Qatar Cargo 747-8F A7-BGA returning to PAE after its test flight

Image

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/939252234780471296
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11392
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:08 am

Qatar Amiri Flight 747i BBJ A7-HHF has been delivered

https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/sta ... 5120131078
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 am

According the most recent update of the Boeing orders & deliveries page, a 747-8F (1x) order for an unidentified customer has been added at November 29th 2017.

See: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/

Scroll down
Select : User defined reports, Jan-Nov 2017, orders, customer name, all customers, current model series 747-8F
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 am

qf789 wrote:
Qatar Amiri Flight 747i BBJ A7-HHF has been delivered


L/N1495, A7-HHF, PAE, just before departure to BSL, December 10th 2017
Image

Original uploaded by royalscottking, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalscot ... 971900491/

Aircraft data : L/N 1495 - 747-8Z5, RC009, serial number 37501, ordered for the UAE Presidential Flight, Boeing operator identification code : ABD , N974BA, future registration A6-PFB , owner : Boeing Company, white livery, roll out date January 21 2014, F/F February 19 2014, Ferried to Pinal Airpark (KMZJ) at March 12 2014, order was cancelled in September 2016. Ferried to Paine Field at May 17 2017. New customer : Qatar Amiri Flight (Boeing operator identification code : QAF) , N-registration was cancelled at September 12th 2017, A7-HHF, delivery flight towards LFSB / BSL at December 10th 2017 for VIP cabin outfitting
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
bigbird
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:38 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm

There was an order announced by Boeing this past weekend for 4 747 for an unidentified customer. Could these possibly by the USAF as E-4 replacements?
bigbird from georgia
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27359
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm

bigbird wrote:
There was an order announced by Boeing this past weekend for 4 747 for an unidentified customer.


Nothing in the news about an order for four. There was a single UFO 747-8 freighter order last week.



bigbird wrote:
Could these possibly by the USAF as E-4 replacements?


The USAF has already purchased the two 747-8 Intercontinental frames originally built for Transaero and then cancelled when the airline went bankrupt.
 
ZeeZoo
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:30 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Not sure if posted yet but - https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/new ... outes.html - Boeing latching onto that 747-400F retirement schedule?

Scratch that, purchases only from the "used market".

Jeez...some of their 747-400Fs are getting on a bit, no? Still seems like it's 4-5 years away till they start retiring their 747-400Fs.
Last edited by ZeeZoo on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
DABYT
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:46 pm

747classic wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Qatar Amiri Flight 747i BBJ A7-HHF has been delivered


L/N1495, A7-HHF, PAE, just before departure to BSL, December 10th 2017
Image

Original uploaded by royalscottking, see : https://www.flickr.com/photos/royalscot ... 971900491/

Aircraft data : L/N 1495 - 747-8Z5, RC009, serial number 37501, ordered for the UAE Presidential Flight, Boeing operator identification code : ABD , N974BA, future registration A6-PFB , owner : Boeing Company, white livery, roll out date January 21 2014, F/F February 19 2014, Ferried to Pinal Airpark (KMZJ) at March 12 2014, order was cancelled in September 2016. Ferried to Paine Field at May 17 2017. New customer : Qatar Amiri Flight (Boeing operator identification code : QAF) , N-registration was cancelled at September 12th 2017, A7-HHF, delivery flight towards LFSB / BSL at December 10th 2017 for VIP cabin outfitting

What livery will she be painted in? The Qatar Airways livery like sistership A7-HHE?
 
CX747
Posts: 6406
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 2:54 am

Re: Official 747-8 Flight Tracking/Production Part 18

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 pm

ZeeZoo wrote:
Not sure if posted yet but - https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/new ... outes.html - Boeing latching onto that 747-400F retirement schedule?

Scratch that, purchases only from the "used market".

Jeez...some of their 747-400Fs are getting on a bit, no? Still seems like it's 4-5 years away till they start retiring their 747-400Fs.


Do we know what the used 747F market looks like right now? A Chinese carrier just picked up two relatively young 747-400ERFs. Young and lightly used in the 747 market seems very hard to come by.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos