Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jetstar315

RE: Man Boards Plane At DFW Without A Ticket

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:58 am

In reply to Mavedrick623 - well, box-cutters let through security for a start!!!!

skywaymanaz

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:43 am

Quoting Jetstar315 (Reply 50):

In reply to Mavedrick623 - well, box-cutters let through security for a start!!!!

Wrong. They were allowed through security per FAA regs back then. Just like TSA used to let me have a real tube of toothpaste in my bag 10 years ago but it's not allowed now.

airportugal310

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:46 am

ummm...get your facts straight...box cutters were not banned on 9/11/01
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:51 am

this doesn't surprise me. you can get gate passes if you claim you are a lawyer for a client who is on arriving plane. so the airline thinking they are protecting their client so they willingly give them gate passes. plus there are those who will give gate passes to those in the military if a family member is leaving. So, they can actually have a pass to get by the TSA. It doesn't necessarily mean a security breach. If the airline gave them a pass, the TSA thinks it's valid especially when picking up unaccompanied children, we give them those type of passes all the time. TSA doesn't know why you have the pass. They may ask, and all they have to say is i'm picking up my 8 year old daughter.

then once you pass security, all you have to do is look for the perfect opportunity, a agent with a family with a baby while they are bent down tagging the stroller slip pass them while they have bent down. if you look like your belong, well dressed. the other passengers may think you are a employee and say nothing. I can see that easily happening since most airlines are down to one person handling a gate instead of the typical two agent system.

I had a similar experience.

I was in business class passenger and went to sit down and somebody was in my seat. they moved, and apology and pretended they misread the seat assignment. Sat right behind me. Then another passenger came and told them that they were sitting in their seat. He then got up and moved to the other side of business class. Where again, another passenger told him he was sitting in their seat.

It was a sold out flight in business class otherwise he might of gotten away with it.

at this point the flight attendant figured it out. She demanded to see his boarding pass, which he said he lost and tried to explain that he didn't want to trouble them. She quickly found out that he was in coach. nice try buddy.

anyway, my point is, some people are drifters/gypsy and do a good job of fooling others in plane sight. ( punt intended)

Maverick623

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:49 am

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 53):
anyway, my point is, some people are drifters/gypsy and do a good job of fooling others in plane sight.

As someone else in this thread mentioned, in most cases all you have to do is act like you belong somewhere and nobody will question you. It's a fairly well-known trick among con men.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

nitepilot79

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 am

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 35):
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't international flights get more gate staffing or is it strictly by aircraft size?

I can assure you, when I left IAH (with my "SSSS" status)... before my int'l flight, most of the TSA made sure, with gusto, that I was publicly humiliated.

It was lousy, degrading, and they had no discretion when it came to the amplitude of their voices. Weird stuff, but I've moved on.

The TSA from the initial extra screening experience in Houston were alright. Taking their jobs seriously, but not being boorish about it.

Flighty

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

It is easy to get past TSA. They do not really verify anything.

Can you sneak past a gate agent, sure. Things can be chaotic at the door. Agents are usually watching their machine, not the door. It's risky, but very doable to hop on a plane with no ticket.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos