747megatop

RE: KLAS... Why Not More International Service?

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 44):
No one claimed otherwise. Again, paying attention to what was ACTUALLY said:

YOU said so; reposting your exact words to jog your memory...

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 25):
Why? They're just reliever-hubs primarily focused at addressing the Mountain West, being large int'l gateways was never their mission.
Which is another completely meaningless designation,

Can't be more meaningless than your term "reliever hub".

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 47):
Basically DL has the smallest mountain time zone hub of all the legacies and he's projecting that onto all mountain hubs

I haven't even brought up SLC, you did.

Not sure your point in doing so, considering that SLC falls under the same effect, which is why (getting back to the topic at hand) it has the same limits on int'l service as DEN: two flights to Europe, an on-again-off-again Asian service, and shorthaul int'l.

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 47):
forgetting that DEN nearly has the same number of departures as DTW.

*sigh*
You truly don't get it: number of departures has nil to do with what I'm talking about.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:15 am

Quoting threeifbyair (Reply 48):
Efficiency is a function of distance.

Not solely. If it were, then MCI/STL would be the bustling mid-continental hubs that they were originally intended to be, for domestic service.

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 49):
Should I substantiate Obama's birth certificate and global warming to you it while I'm at it ?

Sure whatever, but in the meantime, try to stay on topic: LAS, int'l service, comparative traffic flows, heck-- DEN.

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 50):
Can't be more meaningless than your term "reliever hub".

Nowwww you're gettin' it! Better late, than never.  

The reason I'm free to use that term as I will, and not constitute "misuse," is because it's a term that HAS NO definitive meaning.

747megatop

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:16 am

If you're going to be outraged at a claim, at least try to comprehend the actual claim being made.

So, you continue making a fool out of yourself on a public forum inspite of facts being presented? Presenting FACT(if you understand what that word means) -

"Denver International Airport is one of the busiest airline hubs in the world’s largest aviation market."

UNITED says so..not me or jetblue1965 or anybody else. Now,is United wrong? Now tell me who has a problem comprehending things?

747megatop

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:23 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 52):
is because it's a term that HAS NO definitive meaning.

Which brings us back to your reply 25 which started all this...

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 25):
Why? They're just reliever-hubs primarily focused at addressing the Mountain West, being large int'l gateways was never their mission.

...and you have actually helped us all prove the point...your term of "reliever hub" HAS NO definitive meaning LoL   United hasn't used it. Why even use it in a factually incorrect and meaningless post?

edmountain

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:24 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 27):
For the exact same reason I would say the same of PHX: it doesn't really serve any major traffic flows that the combination of the airline's Texas, Illinois, and California hubs could not.

Just creates an efficient alternative with a few Mt. region feeder routes.

So by your calculations any hub that doesn't match up to IAH, ORD, and SFO combined is a reliever hub?

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 46):
But you're welcome to show me that my suspicion is misplaced: numerically substantiate your claim.
Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 51):
*sigh*
You truly don't get it: number of departures has nil to do with what I'm talking about.

Seriously sounds like you're just trying to start a fight. First you challenge the dude to show numbers then when he does you say it's irrelevant?

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 38):
What's your point?

That's what everyone's trying to figure out from you! You made the vague unsubstantiated claim; it's up to you to clarify it and then back it up.

jetblue1965

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:25 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 53):

A 400 departure hub with widebody international service is now classified as "reliever hub" ... I'm about to choke on my own bile.

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:30 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 53):
inspite of facts being presented?

*sigh*

Dude, why do you have so much difficulty understanding the simple difference between handling traffic flows vs handling aggregate traffic?

This is basically what's happening:

ME - DEN's traffic flows can be replicated by other hubs
YOU - DEN is a busy airport!!!!!!
ME - I know, but that doesn't change that its primary traffic flows aren't unique to UA's system
YOU - DEN serves millions!!!!!
ME - Yes, we've established that, but I'm talking about flow patterns, not aggregate pax numbers
YOU - UA says DEN is way busy!!!!!!
ME -     

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:32 am

Quoting edmountain (Reply 55):
So by your calculations any hub that doesn't match up to IAH, ORD, and SFO combined is a reliever hub?

Nope.

Quoting edmountain (Reply 55):
First you challenge the dude to show numbers then when he does you say it's irrelevant?

The challenge to him was to substantiate his claim about Wikipedia.....

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:37 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 56):
A 400 departure hub with widebody international service is now classified as "reliever hub"

Yup. Just like STL, with 439 peak daily departures in June-July 2002.
Widely referred to as a "reliever hub" to ORD.

jetblue1965

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:39 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 59):

Except that STL was a stone throw away from ORD. DEN is not close to any single UA hub.

Seriously, how about some basic geography ? Or comprehension for that matter ?

ps : just checked some distances. DEN-ORD is longer than both MSP-DTW and DTW-ATL. If DEN is a reliever for ORD, then all 3 DL hubs must be relievers of each other.

[Edited 2015-08-11 20:42:53]

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 60):
Except that STL was a stone throw away from ORD. DEN is not close to any single UA hub.
Seriously, how about some basic geography

But again, YOU'RE the one who believes that proximity to a single hub, is the sole and/or dominating factor for hub relief. I don't. I'd say duplication of traffic flows between an airline's extant flows in tandem, does.

We've been through this.

And since there's no technical nor quantitative definition, your chosen belief isn't any more "correct" than mine or anyone else's on the subject.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:53 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 45):
Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 15):
There's significant international service to LAS provided by carriers from all over.

This post glosses over the fact that LAS has scheduled international service from:
AeroMexico
Air Canada (Rouge)
British Airways
Condor
Copa
InterJet
Korean Air
Norweigian
Sunwing
Virgin
Viva Aerobus
Volaris
WestJet

.....and LAS has seasonal and/or scheduled-charter international service from:
Thomas Cook
Magnicharters
Edelweiss
Air Europa
Air Transat

LAS has an impressive list. International tourism to LAS seems to growing pretty quickly with internationals with lots of disposable income. Amazing hotels, shopping,and dining. Virgin and BA are on fire with LAS they seem to be killing it.

jetblue1965

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:59 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 61):

Completely wrong. Just because there's no official definition doesn't mean there's no commonly accepted one. Your weird definition of DEN is the fringe one, not mine. There's no point of any debate if you will just invent definitions along the way (sounds like standard corporate DL practice). And I'm not the only one calling you out on this one.

if you want a fringe definition, fine, but you MUST list what YOU deem to be reliever in the DL and AA networks so we can have a proper frame of reference. If you call DEN / PHX reliever but exclude SLC, that's just BS.

crownvic

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:11 am

Seems like this thread has gone everywhere, aside from the topic. Overall, LAS has good international service, but it is the transpacific service, that definitely lacks. LAS is down to just KAL in this area, which is quite surprising. Even worse, the connections on DL are not timed very good for LAS business travelers connecting in both LAX or SEA, for a transpacific journey. While filling a Jumbo may have not been optimal for JAL and NWA that flew to NRT from LAS, the advent of the 787 should have had Asian operators flocking to LAS. Unfortunately, it has not happened, despite assurances the past few years from local journalists.

777klm

Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:48 am

I hope OR will re-introduce service from AMS. In S12 and S13 they served LAS as part of their triangle flights AMS-LAS-OAK, AMS-OAK-LAS, AMS-LAS-LAX and AMS-LAX-LAS depending on the day of operation.
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

bjorn14

Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:06 am

The big problem with LAS now is the strong dollar. Vacations to the US now cost 20-30% more than they did 12-18 months ago
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

pasu129

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Quoting B777LRF (Reply 9):
On top of that you have an unattractive geographic position, and facilities that are not really geared towards receiving masses of foreign arrivals.

You must not have been to LAS recently, with the new Terminal 3 in place, it is capable of handling more international passengers with updated customs facilities than previous Terminal 2.

Back then, JL, NW, SQ all have Asia service. JL flight was NRT-LAS-LAX-NRT IIRC. SQ did SIN-HKG-LAS-HKG-SIN, however unlike previous comment of 9/11 killed it, it was actually SARS epidemic that killed the route.

KE right now has a sweet spot in LAS, however their connection time to rest of Asia isn't the most ideal.

I would agree that HU would work with the new 787, PEK-LAS-PEK or PVG-LAS-PVG would be a nice addition.

EK would love to fly one of their 388 (if not 772LR at least) to LAS, however, Terminal 3 is not equipped to handle 388 service, and United States VISA is extremely hard to obtain for all UAE citizens.
Viva Las Vegas

jetblue1965

Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Quoting pasu129 (Reply 67):

EK would love to fly one of their 388 (if not 772LR at least) to LAS, however, Terminal 3 is not equipped to handle 388 service, and United States VISA is extremely hard to obtain for all UAE citizens.

LAS T3 doesn't have the double-bridge ... yet, but it's a very wide space that can easily convert one of the gates at the edge of the concourse to be 380 compatible, if EK so desires.

But I agree even if they try DXB-LAS, they would start small ("small" is relative in the EK world)

OA412

Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 pm

I have a question for you all, one that I could ask in myriad threads. Why do people continue to feed the troll? This is a thread about international service at LAS. It's become immensely tiresome to have to sift through threads because people are responding to sideshow BS about reliever hubs or whatever nit the troll decides to pick in a particular thread. How about we get back to the topic at hand?

I agree with previous posters that LAS is VERY well served for a city of its size. I really don't foresee much more in terms of international traffic at this point. Other than BA, I really don't see many more, if any, EU network carriers entering the market.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

jetblue1965

Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Quoting oa412 (Reply 69):
I have a question for you all, one that I could ask in myriad threads. Why do people continue to feed the troll? This is a thread about international service at LAS. It's become immensely tiresome to have to sift through threads because people are responding to sideshow BS about reliever hubs or whatever nit the troll decides to pick in a particular thread. How about we get back to the topic at hand?

We can start by ignoring DL trolls like you who contribute nothing to the thread except venting your grudges.

I agree with previous posters that LAS is VERY well served for a city of its size. I really don't foresee much more in terms of international traffic at this point. Other than BA, I really don't see many more, if any, EU network carriers entering the market.

Thank you troll for parroting everything that has already been said in the first 60 or so posts while adding nothing insightful.

CaliAtenza

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Quoting drgmobile (Reply 4):
Only 42% of travelers to Las Vegas even arrive by air. LAS also is very O&D, as it isn't a hub for any of the main network carriers on which overseas tourists would arrive into the U.S.

A significant amount of people, including me, live close enough to Las Vegas to drive. Besides, having a car in Vegas makes it easy to go get food or make liquor runs down to the local grocery store  .

N1120A

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Quoting crownvic (Reply 64):
Overall, LAS has good international service, but it is the transpacific service, that definitely lacks. LAS is down to just KAL in this area, which is quite surprising.

Not really. LAS is just too easy to connect to from LAX and SFO, with YVR and SEA also able to eat up that traffic.

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 71):

A significant amount of people, including me, live close enough to Las Vegas to drive. Besides, having a car in Vegas makes it easy to go get food or make liquor runs down to the local grocery store

I hate driving to Vegas more than I hate Vegas, and that is a lot.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

747megatop

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:29 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 60):
If DEN is a reliever for ORD, then all 3 DL hubs must be relievers of each other.

lol. exactly. For that matter IAH, ORD and EWR can qualify as reliever hubs for each other. The airlines themselves don't use this term beyond the terms hub (also sometimes referred to as fortress hub as in ATL where the primary airline has the lions share of the market), spoke and focus city. Not sure where the troll picked up reliever hub and continues to make a pointless argument while UA themselves declare DEN to be one of their busiest hubs.   go figure!

jetblue1965

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:37 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 73):

Exactly ... So true. Someone failing elementary school geography is out lecturing folks on things like this ... Tragic but comical.

747megatop

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 57):
YOU - DEN is a busy airport!!!!!!

YOU - Completely wrong and pointless argument.
UNITED - Projects Denver as one of their busiest hubs.
ME - just presented facts pointing to what United says.
YOU-pointless argument.

Anyways point being was; i don't think LAS will see more international traffic. The whole discussion started because i was surprised why DEN & PHX with more businesses (and a cosmopolitan population) don't see more international traffic and would probably see more international traffic added before LAS...but but but...someone already answered that question saying DEN (and probably PHX) suffer from the problem of not having many major headquarters.

dfwjim1

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 am

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 30):

And don't forget that DFW, IAH, ATL and MIA also serve as connecting hubs to Europe and the Americas from LAS.

LAX772LR

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:49 am

LAS is down to just KAL in this area

Sounds about right. As you mentioned, except for a brief time with JL+NW and JL+SQ, they've never really been able to sustain multiple Asian services for any length of time.

the advent of the 787 should have had Asian operators flocking to LAS.

Why? MFM is comparatively right there. That makes sending two units your new plastic onto a 12hr+ run, to a non-hub, a rather difficult proposition?

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 75):
YOU - Completely wrong and pointless argument.

You're *still* on this? Give it up... ya know, like I gave up on attempting to get you to comprehend a simple concept.  

747megatop

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 57):
Dude, why do you have so much difficulty understanding the simple difference between handling traffic flows vs handling aggregate traffic?

You are the one having difficulty comprehending facts; so let me make another attempt; because one thing i don't like is trolls torpedoeing a very nice forum such as a.net

1) 42% of DEN passengers are connecting passengers; that makes it a major hub - source; page 8 of http://business.flydenver.com/info/news/presskit.pdf

2) non stop destinations span the entire US - http://business.flydenver.com/info/news/presskit.pdf

So,both from a passenger number & desinations served (eventually translating to passenger flows) trumps your argument on all counts.

Other readers of this forum; i apologize for feeding the troll and sidetracking the main point of discussion of this thread but i could not keep quite after seeing utter rubbish without any facts whatsoever.

LAX772LR

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 78):
non stop destinations span the entire US

That's where your "argument," if one were to call it that, spins off into space against my actual assertion: it doesn't serve a traffic flow that the others combined cannot accomplish in concert with relative efficiency.

Thus, going back to the very statement you yourself have chosen to quote, I ask again-- why do you have so much difficulty understanding that? It's not hard.

i apologize for feeding the troll and sidetracking

Ah cut the B.S. dude, you're the one who brought it back up. I was more than content to leave you to your own conclusions yesterday.

jetblue1965

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:06 am

No need to apologize you did nothing wrong. The south Cali troll just love to feel correct. He and his Denver troll can go preach to each other about their poor geographic knowledge.

747megatop

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 am

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 76):
And don't forget that DFW, IAH, ATL and MIA also serve as connecting hubs to Europe and the Americas from LAS.

And we can pretty much comprehensively include all the other hubs ORD,DTW,SEA,EWR etc. in that list. Now..i am bracing myself for our friend to start arguing that all the hubs mentioned are reliever hubs "relieving" the pressure off LAS. LoL.

LAX772LR

Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 81):
Now..i am bracing myself for our friend to start arguing

I haven't done much arguing with you at all, most of my responses have been asking you why can't understand a simple concept.  

N1120a gets it, so re-read Reply#42 and maybe his words can get it through to you a bit more clearly; I have no further desire to attempt.

Have whatever little last word you must, I'm going back to the topic of LAS' int'l service.

crownvic

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 72):
Overall, LAS has good international service, but it is the transpacific service, that definitely lacks. LAS is down to just KAL in this area, which is quite surprising.

Not really. LAS is just too easy to connect to from LAX and SFO, with YVR and SEA also able to eat up that traffic.

Too easy to connect? I have had nothing but misery connected at those points. That's like saying you should send all PHL pax to JFK/EWR to connect. Do you feel that only the coastal airports should get the only nonstops to Asia?

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 77):
the advent of the 787 should have had Asian operators flocking to LAS.

Why? MFM is comparatively right there. That makes sending two units your new plastic onto a 12hr+ run, to a non-hub, a rather difficult proposition?

How many people have just got done mentioning that LV is not all about gambling? In fact, it's importance as a gambling destination has been significantly reduced over the past 10 years. Europeans are pouring in here for the surrounding nature related activity and Asians come here to shop.

I am not sure how well DLs PDX-NRT service is doing, but a tag to LAS could keep that flight quite healthy and piss AS off at the same time 

strfyr51

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 36):

There's no official definition for the term "hub" either. I think you should stop using that word in any of your posts then.

seriously, trying to prove Obama's Birth certificate to Trump is easier than talking logic and sense into you.

this conversation has now gone "Around the Bend" Maybe you guys should "Agree to Dis-agree" The argument is now pointless. Las Vegas is and was an entertainment Capital and people STILL go to Las Vegas to Be entertained, And while there to Do any Number of other things other than Gamble. Contrary to popular Belief? Las Vegas Has a purpose and if they closed the Casino's tomorrow Las Vegas would be smaller by Far, But it would exist.. it sits between Nellis AFB and NAS China Lake, it supports Nuclear test Grounds , Weapons testing, flight testing and Any number of other "functions" that have nothing to do with Gambling. That some might not like "Vegas" ?? I can dig it. But Vegas is a "Necessary" city for More than Gambling and Glitz.

OA412

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Quoting crownvic (Reply 83):
How many people have just got done mentioning that LV is not all about gambling? In fact, it's importance as a gambling destination has been significantly reduced over the past 10 years. Europeans are pouring in here for the surrounding nature related activity and Asians come here to shop.

That may be, but Las Vegas would be nothing without those casinos. The city itself just isn't that interesting. While the nature activity attracting Europeans would still be there, the shopping attracting Asians simply wouldn't be.

Quoting strfyr51 (Reply 84):

Give it up already!!!
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

jetblue1965

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Quoting strfyr51 (Reply 84):

this conversation has now gone "Around the Bend" Maybe you guys should "Agree to Dis-agree" The argument is now pointless. Las Vegas is and was an entertainment Capital and people STILL go to Las Vegas to Be entertained, And while there to Do any Number of other things other than Gamble. Contrary to popular Belief? Las Vegas Has a purpose and if they closed the Casino's tomorrow Las Vegas would be smaller by Far, But it would exist.. it sits between Nellis AFB and NAS China Lake, it supports Nuclear test Grounds , Weapons testing, flight testing and Any number of other "functions" that have nothing to do with Gambling. That some might not like "Vegas" ?? I can dig it. But Vegas is a "Necessary" city for More than Gambling and Glitz.

You don't have to lecture me about LAS airport. I land and depart from that airport over 30 times annually.

mattya9
Topic Author

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Well I'd say this thread escalated rather quickly! Haha. I wasn't expecting quite the response from everyone. So for those of you who stayed on subject, and contributed meaningful, on topic answers, I thank you.

With that being said, I think an expansion to/from Asia would probably be the most realistic for international growth out of the airport. I know some of you have mentioned Maccau, but, as others have mentioned, the introduction of the 787 makes Asia-LAS possible again. I would guess this is still a few years away but once the 787's age a little and aren't put on suck premium routes it's an ideal type aircraft.

OPS
"You can do anything once."

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:20 pm

I bet we see Emirates land in LAS eventually. Maybe a stop in Europe, but i see it as an airport that will likely get service. I could see a stop in Manchester UK or Ireland as being a nice stop for Emirates to LAS.

N1120A

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Quoting threeifbyair (Reply 48):
Without DEN, UA would lose a lot of West Coast - Middle America flows that IAH, SFO, and ORD are poorly located to serve.

Not particularly. Basically DEN and SLC. Especially if you still have SFO and LAX hub/hublets.

Quoting crownvic (Reply 83):

Too easy to connect? I have had nothing but misery connected at those points. That's like saying you should send all PHL pax to JFK/EWR to connect. Do you feel that only the coastal airports should get the only nonstops to Asia?

Ease as a function of airline operations and profitability.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

pasu129

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 72):
I hate driving to Vegas more than I hate Vegas, and that is a lot.

LAS doesn't like you too :P

Quoting oa412 (Reply 85):
That may be, but Las Vegas would be nothing without those casinos. The city itself just isn't that interesting. While the nature activity attracting Europeans would still be there, the shopping attracting Asians simply wouldn't be.

I wouldn't say Las Vegas would be nothing without the casinos, there are many technology firms, Konami, CAPCOM, IGT, Bally's to name a few, that are based in Las Vegas, although I agree they exist in Las Vegas because of the gaming industry's slot machines. And let's not forget as well there are multiple banking call-centers are based in Las Vegas, Citbank and Bank of America are the known banks have established call-centers in Las Vegas that serves the South West region of United States. As for shopping, Las Vegas boosts the most well-known brand names in retail in a small footprint, comparable to the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Italy, and with these named brands comes with exotic items that you cannot easily get in Asia or Europe. I have had friends flew here from Asia just for this reason, same items in Asia are just that much harder to get, that they'd pay airfare to come get it in Las Vegas. With previously mentioned military base in and near Las Vegas, there are enough activities that supports an International airport. I'm not saying gaming is not a big contributor to flights in and out of LAS, just pointing out it's NOT the sole contributor to LAS.

With that said, EK could easily do a tag-on from Europe, linking even more entertainment oriented cities, Monte Carlo comes to mind. I said Monte Carlo because MFM and the customer base of entertainment in the region just DOES NOT COMPARE to Las Vegas. I was fortunate enough to have been able to visit Monte Carlo, Macau and Las Vegas, and once you've been to all three you'll understand what I'm referring to.
Viva Las Vegas

747megatop

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 am

Quoting pasu129 (Reply 90):
With that said, EK could easily do a tag-on from Europe, linking even more entertainment oriented cities, Monte Carlo comes to mind.

Beats me why EK would do that. That would go a long way in removing any doubts about the subisdy thing that pops up every now and then...and especially if they flew in with a 380 that would remove any doubts. We would probably see EK flying to SAN,PDX,SJC, AUS and most importantly DTW which has a large Arab & Indian population (1. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/669/4...s-demand-detroit-to-dubai-service/ and 2. http://www.thestreet.com/story/12362...flight-filled-by-auto-people.html)
Anybody thinking EK will launch Vegas before DTW or any of the cities i mentioned is being overly optimistic IMHO.

DolphinAir747

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 12):
LOL. You've got no clue as to the habits of those who would use such a service.

I could definitely see LH in their leisure configuration.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos