KarelXWB
Topic Author

Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 15

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Please continue posting your updates here.

The previous thread is located here:
Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 14 (by American 767 Jun 3 2015 in Civil Aviation)
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

mountainwest90

RE: Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 15

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:38 pm

I guess I'll get this tread started  

I'm going to beat this dead horse again...

A week ago I guess DL announced SLC-LHR while SLC is like my second home and I'm happy for them to get the service I just can't quite rap my head around how they now have 3 transatlantic flights, albeit 2 on a seasonal basis (AMS, LHR), and PHX still is only stuck with one. Even if it was just seasonal it would be quite the win for PHX. No love from AA apparently. I understand that SLC is better geographically speaking for connections but with are metro size being roughly 2 times the metro population with roughly the same household income figures at around $50,000.

I feel PHX can support another transatlantic flight it's just to where???

910A

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Quoting mountainwest90 (Reply 1):
feel PHX can support another transatlantic flight it's just to where???

I like the idea of flying to BRU on the continent. It would be the only non-stop from the western US and with connections from all the southern California airports I think they would do well. Seem AA has two 332's that will be freed up soon, or heck dump a 763 on the route. Unfortunately, OneWorld is weak in the the number of hubs in Europe compared to Star.

910A

Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Today is August 29th. Elite Airways was supposed to start service from Gateway to SAN on the 1st. Has anyone hear anything about this, or was the airport board conned again?

Osubuckeyes

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 am

Quoting 910A (Reply 3):

Not bookable, and no listed start date anywhere on their site.

cathay747

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:57 am

Quoting 910A (Reply 2):
I like the idea of flying to BRU on the continent. It would be the only non-stop from the western US and with connections from all the southern California airports I think they would do well. Seem AA has two 332's that will be freed up soon, or heck dump a 763 on the route. Unfortunately, OneWorld is weak in the the number of hubs in Europe compared to Star.

PHX-BRU isn't going to happen, regardless of how much
connecting traffic they might be able to get from anywhere,
not just Southern Calif. The O&D market for PHX-BRU couldn't
possibly support such a service...what few pax there are are
easily handled by BA via LHR. And there are very few places
SN could do interline onward connections for from BRU that BA can't do
via LHR...I doubt AA will lose sleep over not capturing that
one pax per year who needs to travel from PHX to someplace
like OUA or FIH or KGL.
Try a Little VC-10derness

910A

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 pm

In réponse to Elite starting at IWA

I just got an e-mail from Community Relations Coordinator at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority.
The answer: It looks like the start day has been pushed back to October.
In short the airport doesn't have a clue when this service to start.

GSP psgr

Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 pm

A week ago I guess DL announced SLC-LHR while SLC is like my second home and I'm happy for them to get the service I just can't quite rap my head around how they now have 3 transatlantic flights, albeit 2 on a seasonal basis (AMS, LHR), and PHX still is only stuck with one. Even if it was just seasonal it would be quite the win for PHX. No love from AA apparently. I understand that SLC is better geographically speaking for connections but with are metro size being roughly 2 times the metro population with roughly the same household income figures at around $50,000.

I'd guess that it's related to the fact that OW is extremely BA/LHR-centric compared to the other two alliances which tend to be able to spread out between 2 or 3 different hubs. I'd expect to see a second daily PHX-LHR and a PHX-NRT before you'd see PHX-DUS/TXL/MAD.

cathay747

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 am

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 7):
I'd guess that it's related to the fact that OW is extremely BA/LHR-centric compared to the other two alliances which tend to be able to spread out between 2 or 3 different hubs. I'd expect to see a second daily PHX-LHR and a PHX-NRT before you'd see PHX-DUS/TXL/MAD.

Although as has been discussed at length in here, PHX-NRT
is a long-shot at best.

93Sierra

Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Anyone with connections in the Laughlin area know anything more about the talks with United to start a Denver- IFP service? A buddy of mine said that they were looking at brining in a TranStates Erj 145 and now they have a request for a small air service grant application on file.

Osubuckeyes

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Huge storm last night. Any damage at the airport? I'm sure there had to be a number of diversions as the storm hit at a fairly busy time in the evening.

cathay747

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 10):
Huge storm last night. Any damage at the airport? I'm sure there had to be a number of diversions as the storm hit at a fairly busy time in the evening.

Judging from the lightening show we saw here in the West Valley,
I don't doubt it...but all we got was some wind, and not bad.

wn676

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 10):

Looks like parts of the T3N concourse roof were coming off last night. Not sure if it's worse than last years damage at T2.

I live up near Papago Park and we had tiles blowing off our roof all night, and now there's water pooling in the attic space. We're third floor in a condo complex. Lost power for a bit too. Had a similar experience last Thursday when we got hit with a 60 mph microburst.

That was an odd storm last night...it's not often we get them from the west during Monsoon, and that thing came absolutely roaring through here. Been here since 1991 and can't remember the last time we had sustained winds like that. Must have lasted close to an hour before finally dying down to a drizzle.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

Osubuckeyes

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 12):
That was an odd storm last night...it's not often we get them from the west during Monsoon, and that thing came absolutely roaring through here. Been here since 1991 and can't remember the last time we had sustained winds like that. Must have lasted close to an hour before finally dying down to a drizzle.

Yea we had a bit of wind and lots of rain, but that was a hell of a storm for most of central PHX. Many of the videos on social media and AZ central looked like the city was in a hurricane.

cathay747

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:57 am

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 13):
Yea we had a bit of wind and lots of rain, but that was a hell of a storm for most of central PHX. Many of the videos on social media and AZ central looked like the city was in a hurricane.

Amazing the regional differences...we live just south of
the Cards stadium, practically at the Camelback exit
of the 101, and all we got was a bit of wind and see the
incredible lightening show to the east. No rain. No damage,
a big nothing.

aztrainer

Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 12):
Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 13):

I work over by ASU and the storm knocked down our school marquee in front of the school as well as the one on the football field. Two palo erde's, a mesquite and a Goldwater Pine were blown over and almost all other trees had limbs broken. I talked to a custodian who has been through tornado's in the mid west and he said it was the same feeling.

A huge tree in front of a credit union on Mill was also blown down.

hz747300

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:10 am

I feel PHX can support another transatlantic flight it's just to where???

It has to make sense, so what are places with at least some business ties in Europe? The only one I can think of which may be doable is Frankfurt. Sure there are anecdotes of so-and-so here, so-and-so there, but realistically traffic from PHX/AZ to Europe is going to be mostly Leisure and price sensitive. There are at least some German firms operating in the valley at scale. 4x / week to Frankfurt on a A340(LH) or A332(AA) would likely be successful enough, but is it better than other places where those assets can be deployed? I'm not sure.
Keep on truckin'...

wn676

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:16 pm

In anticipation of the single busiest travel day of the year, it looks like AA will be operating two A330s on PHL-PHX-PHL routings the weekend following Thanksgiving:

11/28
AA1823 PHL 1550 PHX 1914 333

11/29
AA1856 PHX 0800 PHL 1406 333
AA1823 PHL 1550 PHX 1914 333
AA0529 PHX 2300 PHL 0459 333

Nice to see them going with the -300s this time around...IINM they've only used -200s in the past.

Edit: Guess it's not just for Thanksgiving. Looks like they're operating a few other days as well, 11/18-11/22 and then on 11/27 but I can't seem to find the outbound for that arrival. I'm probably in the middle of a schedule update...hopefully didn't speak too soon.

[Edited 2015-09-07 09:37:04]

austwin

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 17):
In anticipation of the single busiest travel day of the year, it looks like AA will be operating two A330s on PHL-PHX-PHL routings the weekend following Thanksgiving:

Interesting. When I check to AA website it doesn't list equipment to be used. Any idea why not? Thanks.

wn676

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Quoting austwin (Reply 18):

Quoting wn676 (Reply 17):

Interesting. When I check to AA website it doesn't list equipment to be used. Any idea why not? Thanks.

Are you using the flight schedule or booking page? With the latter I think you have to open up the flight details to see the equipment type.

austwin

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 19):
Are you using the flight schedule or booking page? With the latter I think you have to open up the flight details to see the equipment type.

I was using the booking page on AA.com. The detail box just had a space for on-time stats. I didn't see a flight schedule page on their site.

wn676

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Quoting austwin (Reply 20):

Quoting wn676 (Reply 19):

I was using the booking page on AA.com. The detail box just had a space for on-time stats. I didn't see a flight schedule page on their site.

It's under the Plan Travel tab on the homepage.

http://www.aa.com/travelInformation/flightscheduleAccess.do

It's also showing for me on the booking page, at least the mobile version:

Nov 18, 2015
Flight: #488
Carrier : AMERICAN AIRLINES
Departing :
PHL Philadelphia 07:45 PM
Arriving :
PHX Phoenix 11:02 PM
Travel Time: 5 hr 17 min
More Info
Aircraft Type: 333
Cabin : Economy

Flight Miles: 2075
Meals : Food For Purchase

[Edited 2015-09-08 15:25:42]

GSP psgr

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 16):
It has to make sense, so what are places with at least some business ties in Europe? The only one I can think of which may be doable is Frankfurt. Sure there are anecdotes of so-and-so here, so-and-so there, but realistically traffic from PHX/AZ to Europe is going to be mostly Leisure and price sensitive. There are at least some German firms operating in the valley at scale. 4x / week to Frankfurt on a A340(LH) or A332(AA) would likely be successful enough, but is it better than other places where those assets can be deployed? I'm not sure.

Maybe PHX-DUS/TXL; with AirBerlin being a OneWorld member, it would be a hub-hub route. While neither one is a FRA or MUC, they both offer a reasonable amount of onward connectivity. I actually wonder if we might see a ME3 before a second Europe (Emirates?).

hz747300

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:36 am

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 22):
Maybe PHX-DUS/TXL;

Actually, reading up on it. It seems Henkel is the largest German firm in AZ (with its Dial subsidiary), and it Dusseldorf based. But that does not mean there is a lot of business travel between the two places. From a business sense, I would believe that there has to be some O&D demand to make a route viable.

Doesn't Lufthansa still train pilots in Arizona too?
Keep on truckin'...

910A

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 23):
Doesn't Lufthansa still train pilots in Arizona too?

Yes they do at the Goodyear airport..

austwin

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks for the link wn676. I'll go exploring when I get the opportunity to do so.

treebeard787

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 22):
PHX-DUS

Fun fact, LTU used to fly DUS-PHX way back in the 90s, with a few weekly flights, on either MD-11s, or 763s. If Phoenix could support that flight in the 90s, I'm sure it could support it today as well. I do however think, that FRA-PHX on LH, or maybe Condor, would have the best shot at succeeding
Allons-y!

910A

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:56 pm

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 26):
If Phoenix could support that flight in the 90s,

Phoenix didn't support the flight (1 weekly), hence it withdrawn after two years when LTU canceled all their west coast flights in 1998.

"Phoenix is extremely strong in the summertime, however, in the wintertime the demand drops off and we need to serve markets that are profitable and do well on a year-round basis," said Brad Webber, vice president of sales and marketing for LTU. http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/1998/02/16/story2.html

93Sierra

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 pm

For those that missed it, G4 is adding AZA- MEM/DSM/FAT

dlramp4life

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Looks like DL sent the first 717 to PHX on a SLC-PHX-SLC turn. Starting in November they will be a common site on LAX, SLC, and SEA flights... Also looks like we will be seeing more CP EMB175s also. Also prepare yourselves for charter season.

PHX Flyer

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Quoting 910A (Reply 27):
Phoenix didn't support the flight (1 weekly), hence it withdrawn after two years when LTU canceled all their west coast flights in 1998.

LTU was already in dire straits, when they withdrew the west coast flights. That was after they were taken over by Swissair, which had started to squeeze the lie juice out of LTU, similar to what Carl Icahn did with TWA.

So, what was it? Did PHX not support the route, or were larger portions of the LTU network (i.e. the entire west coast operation) unprofitable? Since LTU also dropped LAX around that time I favor the latter version.

Having said that, I must admit though that Phoenix draws a lot less international visitors than, let's say Las Vegas, which sees a lot more international flights (and likely even more next year). Nonetheless, I think the time is ripe for at least one second intercontinental route her in PHX. After all PHX was able to sustain daily LH service for several years. But yields were certainly lower than at other 2nd-tier LH sations in the US, that why LH experimented with wet-leased aircraft from Lauda Air (which in turn watered down the flying experience and drove higher-yielding pax off the direct route, until it collapsed. I think, Sky Harbor has two options: either get KLM service to AMS or start talks with Eurowings and hope for x3/week service to Cologne, which, like DUS, is in he heart of one of the most-densely populated areas in Europe. And from CGN, FRA can be reached faster than Manhattan from JFK on the A-train - for just $35 (if you know how to get the cheap fares on the ICE trains). Air France is less likely, since it has a similar cost problem, if not worse than Lufthansa. Air Berlin has also a huge cost problem, and since they recently dropped LAS, I consider them also a less likely option for PHX.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

cathay747

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 am

Quoting PHX+Flyer" class="quote" target="_blank">PHX Flyer (Reply 30):

Agreed on all points, especially about AF...they recently said
that 50% of their long-haul routes were unprofitable, so there
is no way they would start PHX, especially given that it's a OW
hub.

cathay747

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 am

Quoting 93Sierra (Reply 28):
For those that missed it, G4 is adding AZA- MEM/DSM/FAT

Yeah, as I just said in the other thread about this, so much
for their threats to move from AZA to PHX.

Sevensixtyseven

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 am

Quoting PHX+Flyer" class="quote" target="_blank">PHX Flyer (Reply 30):

I could probably see a few times a week on a Condor 763..they seem to be lower cost than LH mainline, even then, couldn't LH run an A333 on PHX-FRA without any issue? Also, Condor appears to have seamless connections as well as bag transfers with all of LH's network..so those connections aren't difficult to make.
I call the dusty desert my home. :)

cathay747

Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Quoting Sevensixtyseven (Reply 33):
I could probably see a few times a week on a Condor 763

Maybe seasonal, at best. Don't hold your breath.

cathay747

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Wow...just learned about this; I had no idea! In case anybody
else doesn't/didn't know...

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/kgun9/ne...ir-and-Space-Museum-297738001.html

Boeing donated 787 frame ZA002 to Pima!!!

hz747300

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Quoting Sevensixtyseven (Reply 33):
couldn't LH run an A333 on PHX-FRA without any issue?

It came up before regarding the A333. It would not be able to do it in summer, but the A332 can go year round.
Keep on truckin'...

alasizon

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:24 am

Looks like around Jan/Feb, B7/9 will become Mainline use gates while B2/A1 will become Eagle gates.

That being said, I suspect there will be changes to the ML/Eagle division in flying as I think markets like BOI/GEG would be better of being served with addl frequency. Also, PHX feels like it is being positioned as the main domestic/North American connection point for non-premium flyers.

Also, all of N2 and N3 have had the new AA podiums (which look a bit like hotel check-in desk) installed. N1 should be wrapped up by the end of next week. N4 I believe starts around Sept 26.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

cathay747

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 37):
Also, PHX feels like it is being positioned as the main domestic/North American connection point for non-premium flyers.

Oh? How so? Seriously, not being sarcastic here, I'm curious.
Enquiring minds would like to know, primarily because that might
make it easier to use my 500-mile upgrades in/out of here vs.
when I lived back in DC and had to always connect @ DFW or
ORD!!!   
Now I'm O&D PHX!

alasizon

Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 38):

They have made connecting traffic a bigger focus in PHX(to employees) and most of the upgrades being done are to help connecting traffic.

Also, the flights that were primarily O&D before were retiimed to meet up with different connection banks and the fall load factors have been showing. Express has been in the 90s all week and we set a station record yesterday with a 98.7% starting load factor. Average last September combined was 79.4. This year, we are up 7.3 points with only a 2.7 percent increase in capacity (only up 1.4 percent premium seats)

Another piece that I personally think is a big factor is the running of quite a few flights PHX-XXX-DFW and it isn't uncommon for a third of the passengers on the plane to be on the through flight.

Yesterday for example, during our busiest AM and PM banks, we were out of gates except for a single gate out at International and we had a pretty good day routing wise compared to what sometimes happens.

As a side note, I believe AA reallocated the lines of flying they had previously displaced to DFW on Mesa and new hires are once again holding PHX.

Osubuckeyes

Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 39):

That is very interesting that they are going this direction. Back when they cut a bunch of the old HP routes in the late 00s they were shifting a focus to capturing connecting flows that coincided with major O&D bases from PHX. I wonder what changed. I also wonder if this is a way to battle the ULCCs on E/W cross country connections with volume through PHX then filter everything else through LAX, DFW, ORD etc...

wn676

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

They have made connecting traffic a bigger focus in PHX(to employees) and most of the upgrades being done are to help connecting traffic.

Have they lost focus recently? I'm all for a better investment in the hub, but that seems like an odd comment considering that PHX was primarily a connecting hub for both US and HP; it lives and breathes with the Complexes. In my recollection PHX has been one of the better, if not best-performing hubs for MBR with a lot of that credit going to the CONX department. It's always been a huge focus just by the nature of the operation, as well as in the eyes of station management.

Another piece that I personally think is a big factor is the running of quite a few flights PHX-XXX-DFW and it isn't uncommon for a third of the passengers on the plane to be on the through flight.

I wonder if this is intentional or not...from my brief experience with network planning, I thought they don't like to advertise these outstation connections because it eats up inventory for traffic that could potentially be connecting through the hub on either end. I'm also wondering if they've over-consolidated on the hub-hub routes, e.g., PHX-DFW, and the sudden lack of seats it's driving these kind of routings.

Yesterday for example, during our busiest AM and PM banks, we were out of gates except for a single gate out at International and we had a pretty good day routing wise compared to what sometimes happens.

It's amazing how tight that operation runs, especially during the 3/4 crush when GateView is just a solid block of color. The winter is always fun when N4 turns into Little Canada and you lose all that flexibility to send domestic ops out there. I've heard that CoP is seriously entertaining shutting down Romeo for temporary hardstands while AA moves through the ASR and blast fence projects.

[Edited 2015-09-15 15:28:49]

austwin

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 40):

Sincere question: How many routes can that be done with? I'm not an airline employee so I really don't know.

Thanks for all the info on your post.

alasizon

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 41):

Have they lost focus recently? I'm all for a better investment in the hub, but that seems like an odd comment considering that PHX was primarily a connecting hub for both US and HP; it lives and breathes with the Complexes. In my recollection PHX has been one of the better, if not best-performing hubs for MBR with a lot of that credit going to the CONX department. It's always been a huge focus just by the nature of the operation, as well as in the eyes of station management.

MBR has been up recently and they recently refocused it above wing as well by adding more Prospect agents to help with SSRs and there has been quite a big push to reduce misconnects any way that we can.

I wonder if this is intentional or not...from my brief experience with network planning, I thought they don't like to advertise these outstation connections because it eats up inventory for traffic that could potentially be connecting through the hub on either end. I'm also wondering if they've over-consolidated on the hub-hub routes, e.g., PHX-DFW, and the sudden lack of seats it's driving these kind of routings.

They currently do it with ABQ and ELP(they aren't advertised as a connection but rather a one-stop direct flight) and I believe DEN is to be included after PSS. Without upgauging PHX-DFW flights, I certainly think we are short the equivalent of two narrowbody flights but that shortness is spread across the day. As is, they are running A321s and 738s on the route with the occassional S80 in the winter. The problem with upgauging is that we don't have enough widebody capable gates in PHX and during the winter schedule, we already have the A330 to PHL, BA and Rouge's 767. Although they are at different times of the day, short of an AM turn, there wouldn't really be a place to squeeze in a 767. There is a decent amount of traffic though that routes through DFW to go to places like COS, LBB, OMA, MAF, ICT, etc. All of these places in theory could be served from PHX as well with either 2x 319 or 2x CR9 depending on market size.

Quoting austwin (Reply 42):
Sincere question: How many routes can that be done with? I'm not an airline employee so I really don't know.

In the current route structure from PHX, ABQ, ELP, TUS, SAT, AUS, IAH and DEN would really be the only ones. However, PHX has some holes in the route map, namely to COS, LBB, MAF and OKC that it could be done with as well. At the end of the day, DFW has people that are making either a double connection or a fly-over connection because PHX doesn't serve the market. Now whether the AA folks feel it is needed to add those routes, who knows.

It's amazing how tight that operation runs, especially during the 3/4 crush when GateView is just a solid block of color. The winter is always fun when N4 turns into Little Canada and you lose all that flexibility to send domestic ops out there. I've heard that CoP is seriously entertaining shutting down Romeo for temporary hardstands while AA moves through the ASR and blast fence projects.

The holiday season will be fun for sure, we have ASR, the re-striping of gates and the Terrazo project all at once so we will have construction all across the terminal and ramp. On the Express side, I am sure they can make do during the projects so long as either B15 gets restriped to fit 900s or if the complexes are restructed (which to an extent they already have been, Complex 6 is now the biggest for Express). For Mainline, restriping will solve most of the issues, hopefully because every gate will be A321 compatible which will help with gating. That being said though, I suspect the network planners will then turn around and upgrade most everything to an A321. I suspect PHX will in essence be a CR9/E75 & A321 station with very few 319s & 320s because PHX will always be a connection point that just happens to capture O&D as well.

cathay747

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 43):
I suspect PHX will in essence be a CR9/E75 & A321 station with very few 319s & 320s because PHX will always be a connection point that just happens to capture O&D as well.

Wow!

Can you please define: MBR, Prospect agents, ASR, SSR, PSS? Sounds
as if you're a US/AA employee, but we don't know what those acronyms mean.
Thanks!

cathay747

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Just in case anyone is unaware of this...from
airlineroutes.net:

Posted at 0830GMT 03SEP15

Air Canada rouge in winter 2015/16 season is increasing capacity on Toronto – Phoenix route, as 7 of 11 weekly flights operated by Boeing 767 aircraft, instead of Airbus A319. The Boeing 767 is scheduled to operate from 17DEC15 to 30APR16.

AC1837 YYZ0810 – 1100PHX 763 D
AC1849 YYZ2020 – 2318PHX 319 x236

AC1834 PHX0005 – 0611YYZ 319 x347
AC1836 PHX1225 – 1828YYZ 763 D

atcsundevil

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 45):

It's only been a 319 for the past few years. Even as recently as five years ago, they operated the route seasonally with a 763. They down gauged around the time US ended PHX-YYZ. It's good to see the 763 back, even if it is Rouge. Now if only AA or DL can bring widebody service with a little more regularity.

wn676

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 44):
MBR, Prospect agents, ASR, SSR, PSS? Sounds
as if you're a US/AA employee, but we don't know what those acronyms mean.

MBR - Missed Bag Ratio - mishandled bags per 1000 bags handled
PSS - Passenger Services System - these are your systems that handle inventory, sales, check-in, etc.
SSR - Special Service Request - things like wheelchair assistance
Prospect - basically a contract airport services company. For US/AA, they're most noticeable as the people pushing the wheelchairs and driving the carts around in the concourses (handling SSRs).
ASR - Alkali-Silica Reaction - this is the main reason behind the PCC (Portland concrete cement) replacement at T4. When the reaction occurs it creates a gel that slowly expands and builds up over time, increasing pressure within the panels. They eventually crack and fail prematurely.

wn676

Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 46):
It's only been a 319 for the past few years. Even as recently as five years ago, they operated the route seasonally with a 763. They down gauged around the time US ended PHX-YYZ. It's good to see the 763 back, even if it is Rouge. Now if only AA or DL can bring widebody service with a little more regularity.

Think it's been longer than that. The last time I remember AC 767s in PHX regularly was probably 15 years ago at least when they were still over at T2. I can only verify back to 2005 but it's been all 32S/E190 since then; their 321s were even a rare sight for a few years.

INFINITI329

Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 48):

Think it's been longer than that. The last time I remember AC 767s in PHX regularly was probably 15 years ago at least when they were still over at T2. I can only verify back to 2005 but it's been all 32S/E190 since then; their 321s were even a rare sight for a few years.

AC/RV 763 has been in PHX for past several months

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos