caleb1
Topic Author

UA To Close HNL And DTW Res Centers

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:47 pm

https://shar.es/1vwb11

It's official. United to close Honolulu and Detroit Reservations offices in their quest to save even more money. I guess this is what they mean when they say they want to offer "more shareholder value" to investors. I could actually understand this move if they were in dire financial distress or close to bankruptcy, but I see no real need to do this. Perhaps I am in the minority on this one.

Polot

RE: UA To Close HNL And DTW Res Centers

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Quoting caleb1 (Thread starter):
It's official. United to close Honolulu and Detroit Reservations offices in their quest to save even more money. I guess this is what they mean when they say they want to offer "more shareholder value" to investors. I could actually understand this move if they were in dire financial distress or close to bankruptcy, but I see no real need to do this. Perhaps I am in the minority on this one.

To be fair, you should probably note that the employees have the option of transferring to another site or working from home- they are just getting rid of building.

LAXintl

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Many of the agents will have the opportunity to be home based, while others can bid into positions in Chicago or Houston.

Leases on the offices are up, and not being renewed. Not the end of the world.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

CALMSP

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm

well, as more and more things are automated in this world (not tied to airlines only) this is going to happen. Call centers will continue to decline in all industries.

jetblastdubai

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Same thing happened to Travel Agencies and buggy whip factories. Cost savings through consolidation and automation makes sense. Working from home is a pretty nice option though.

caleb1
Topic Author

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:25 pm

I think what concerns me most about this move is that, ultimately, there will be fewer res agents available to service customers when they really need it. My feeling is that this move will represent a net loss of customer service personnel at United. When things go wrong, and they sometimes do, the customer will have to suffer through IROPS or cancellations without the benefit of having a readily available agent on hand to assist. Yes, the United app can perhaps take care of some problems, but, in my opinion, nothing can take the place of a live human on the other end of the line when there is a real problem or crisis to sort through.

UA444

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:27 pm

They can work from home only if they take a pay cut. They also have to buy the computer equipment and software. These scumbags have no limit to how much they will screw their constituents. DTWRR is one of the best assets UA has, the people there are the best.

Rdh3e

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Quoting caleb1 (Reply 5):
I think what concerns me most about this move is that, ultimately, there will be fewer res agents available to service customers when they really need it

There is no evidence that this will be the case.

PGNCS

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm

I could actually understand this move if they were in dire financial distress or close to bankruptcy, but I see no real need to do this.

Fiscal responsibility is important even when profitable; lack of financial discipline during profitable times has frequently led to dire financial straits and/or bankruptcy during ensuing bad times.

brilondon

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 pm

You really don't need to have sales offices except in one place. It has been made so easy to book a ticket on-line on your phone and access to information more accessible via the internet. Many large companies have been outsourcing their call centres to third party companies that specialize taking that sort of thing. Most hotel chains have gone to one or two call centres, alot of airlines have only a few call centres why should UA not try to minimize costs and give their shareholders a better deal. That is who owns the airline and whose capital is invested in the jobs. Most companies only have one call centre, why should the airlines be any different.
Rush for ever; Yankees all the way!!

justplanenutz

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 6):
They can work from home only if they take a pay cut. They also have to buy the computer equipment and software. These scumbags have no limit to how much they will screw their constituents. DTWRR is one of the best assets UA has, the people there are the best.

That seems a little harsh. Would a typical home PC not work? And isn't the res platform cloud-based?

32andBelow

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Who calls RES these days? And for those who do, why do they need to be located in several places around the country?

jetblue1965

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Quoting 32andBelow (Reply 11):

Who calls RES these days? And for those who do, why do they need to be located in several places around the country?

I only call RES to perform really special tasks that can't be done on app/web, like open-jaw stopover 6-segment international partner award, or same-day-change whenever the Amtrak rail code-share is involved, but yea, it's increasingly rare.

I've noticed something amazing this year though. Even though I'm only Plat status on UA, I frequently get routed to 1K or even GS queue, and those agents seem willing to go the extra mile even though you don't have the actual elite tier to backup such a request.

luv2fly

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:00 pm

I remember the DTW office was/is a large building on Michigan Avenue bordering the City of Detroit in Dearborn, Michigan. Actually at one time DL had a reservation office in Southfield, Republic had an office in Livonia. Like others have said very need for actual buildings when people can work fro home.
You can cut the irony with a knife

bigb

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 6):

I am sure that the employees will be provided the software needed to the job, but yes they will need to buy a headset and have some kind of phone line set up.

32andBelow

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 12):
I only call RES to perform really special tasks that can't be done on app/web, like open-jaw stopover 6-segment international partner award, or same-day-change whenever the Amtrak rail code-share is involved, but yea, it's increasingly rare.

So a few folks in Denver or Chicago can probably take care of it.

bennett123

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:16 pm

What about the hardware?.

dfwjim1

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Why does UAL even have a call center in HNL?

jetblastdubai

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 17):

They probably asked that same question at a meeting recently...hence the title for this thread.

Could have been for years past when UA was (still is) huge in Hawaii and long distance phone calls to a mainland call center would have been expensive. Back then, there was no online booking and everything was done via telephone.

eugdjinn

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 17):

Um, because when you call Res at 9pm your time, its still normal business hours for people in HNL, and you are getting professionals who aren't missing out on dinner with their kids. You are also talking to some of the nicest people on planet earth. Coincidentally, you are talking to people who understand the importance of air travel and good experiences in the air.

This is a criminally stupid decision. DTWRR and HNLRR are the two remaining gems in the UA system. They have without question some of the finest reservations agents working for ANY company on the planet, and are by far the best remaining service in UAL.

fun2fly

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Would you say the same about the travel agency industry? They let people work at home for good reason...save $ on office space, have overflow capacity when very busy with weather delays, etc. Nonsensical knock on UA.

What it actually does is to get you to the point where, if there is a good person in HNL or Bozeman or wherever, you can use them to help your company where you may not be able to when your only facility may be in DTW or wherever.

Polot

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Quoting eugdjinn (Reply 19):
This is a criminally stupid decision. DTWRR and HNLRR are the two remaining gems in the UA system. They have without question some of the finest reservations agents working for ANY company on the planet, and are by far the best remaining service in UAL.

That is great. The DTWRR and HNLRR agents will be allowed to work from home or at Chicago/Houston, they are not being fired.

jaybird

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Um, because when you call Res at 9pm your time, its still normal business hours for people in HNL, and you are getting professionals who aren't missing out on dinner with their kids. You are also talking to some of the nicest people on planet earth. Coincidentally, you are talking to people who understand the importance of air travel and good experiences in the air.

Many years ago I got to meet some of the group agents at DTWRR - wonderful people! And when someone from HNLRR answers the phone it's like a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong - the Executive Desk folks (in Houston I believe) are really sharp. But when I call it's the end of their day and their nerves are frayed. No matter what you do in a reservations center - it's tough work. Any public contact job is tough work.

UA444

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Quoting Polot (Reply 21):

They lose pay by staying at home and uprooting your life to move to Chicago or Houston just so Jeff $misuck's stock can go up isn't as easy as its portrayed in this thread.

strfyr51

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Quoting caleb1 (Reply 5):
I think what concerns me most about this move is that, ultimately, there will be fewer res agents available to service customers when they really need it. My feeling is that this move will represent a net loss of customer service personnel at United. When things go wrong, and they sometimes do, the customer will have to suffer through IROPS or cancellations without the benefit of having a readily available agent on hand to assist. Yes, the United app can perhaps take care of some problems, but, in my opinion, nothing can take the place of a live human on the other end of the line when there is a real problem or crisis to sort through.

You are WRONG about that..
The Reservations center in Chicago has tons of room remaining and could work round the clock if they needed to.
We have 24 hour ops in many other places so it's not a stretch to have reservations in Chicago and Houston on a 24 hour basis .
There are no Languages spoken in HNL that can't be spoken from CHI or HOU reservations center.
At LEAST they don't have to work in Downtown Chicago kike the REST of Operations, Maintenance Control, and Dispatch!!
I didn't know how GOOD we had it in Elk Grove. Until I had to go Downtown. I wish I could work in that Building. It's 5 minutes from the Terminal at ORD. Who couldn't dig That??

IPFreely

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:39 pm

The last time I called UA reservations after 9pm it was about an early morning flight the next day that was cancelled due to a blizzard in Denver. The rep could barely speak English and he told me I was rebooked on a 3-leg journey with 2 layovers that would take about 12 hours. He also told me I had no option but to take the rebooking. When I told him I could rent a car and drive the trip in 6 hours compared to 12 hours of flying, he said he had no idea where these cities really were. I thanked him for his uselessness, hung up, and called my employer's travel agent. They rebooked me on an American flight with one layover in Dallas that got me home within two hours of my original schedule.

It's inevitable that UA call centers will be replaced by automation, websites, and more competent 3rd party agents. I say good riddance.

flyDTW1992

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 pm

I had no idea they had a facility here. Never would've guessed. But if I'm being honest, reservations is one aspect of the industry I have zero relevant experience or education in.

Kind of funny they're in a city with such a tiny UA presence at its airport. (Not that that really matters I suppose.)
Now you're flying smart

RWA380

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:54 pm

You are also talking to some of the nicest people on planet earth. Coincidentally, you are talking to people who understand the importance of air travel and good experiences in the air.

HNLRR has a ton of great people, being an agent in Hawaii, I'd get them all the time calling the local line, those are some of the best International tariff people that I've ever had the pleasure of building fare ladders with.

This is a criminally stupid decision. DTWRR and HNLRR are the two remaining gems in the UA system.

At least UA is being consistent & getting rid of anything special, so it can be relentlessly mundane.

Quoting Polot (Reply 21):
The DTWRR and HNLRR agents will be allowed to work from home or at Chicago/Houston, they are not being fire

That is great news, experienced res agents with proper tariff knowledge are difficult to reach most of the time.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

william

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:55 pm

When you get an computer phone call at 3am telling you your 6am flight has been cancelled ( inbound flight did not arrive the previous night) you NEED a human on the phone to make alternative arrangements, an app cannot do that.

Brewfangrb

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 am

Can you show me where it says all of those agents are being terminated? I missed it. Thanks!

NWAROOSTER

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 am

Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 29):
Can you show me where it says all of those agents are being terminated? I missed it. Thanks!

They may not be terminated as they are most likely represented by a union. It is harder to terminate people that are represented by a union than "at will employees." When they quit or do not relocate, their positions most like will not be filled by new employees.   
Procrastination Is The Theft Of Time.......

B737900ER

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:46 am

This is a criminally stupid decision.

While UA has done things that could actually be categorized as criminally stupid, closing a call center isn't one of them

Quoting UA444 (Reply 23):

They lose pay by staying at home and uprooting your life to move to Chicago or Houston just so Jeff $misuck's stock can go up isn't as easy as its portrayed in this thread.

UA, as well as the rest of the industry have been doing this for decades. DECADES. To all departments. But don't let a good Smisek bash go to waste right?

Quoting william (Reply 28):
When you get an computer phone call at 3am telling you your 6am flight has been cancelled ( inbound flight did not arrive the previous night) you NEED a human on the phone to make alternative arrangements, an app cannot do that.

An app can most definitely do that. Often much faster and efficient than a phone agent.

johns624

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 am

Quoting flyDTW1992 (Reply 26):
I had no idea they had a facility here. Never would've guessed. But if I'm being honest, reservations is one aspect of the industry I have zero relevant experience or education in.Kind of funny they're in a city with such a tiny UA presence at its airport. (Not that that really matters I suppose.)

UA used to have a huge presence at DTW in the late 70's. The Davey Terminal was all United at that time. I remember flying DC10's nonstop to SFO to visit my brother at Ft Ord.

flyDTW1992

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:58 am

Quoting B737900ER (Reply 31):
An app can most definitely do that. Often much faster and efficient than a phone agent.

I would tend to agree. I know the Delta app in particular very clearly and effectively lists rebooking options when a flight is delayed or cancelled. Had an LHR-BOS flight delay an hour or two and it promptly presented me with a dozen reroute options to get to DTW (my final destination) that I could tap to book in a matter of seconds. Of course, it was a minor delay and I had good Comfort+ seats on my flight, so I didn't bother in that case.
Now you're flying smart

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:03 am

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 17):Why does UAL even have a call center in HNL?
Um, because when you call Res at 9pm your time, its still normal business hours for people in HNL

Why would it matter what time it is at that site when you call? Most call centers are 24/7 operations and are staffed based on detailed call arrival pattern data. If UA knows they have high demand at a specific time, they'll staff their operation accordingly.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

tpaewr

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:22 am

Quoting NWAROOSTER (Reply 30):
HOME
PHOTOS
FORUMS
AVIATION NEWS
AVIATION ARTICLES
AIRCRAFT DATA
COMMUNITY
Logout
Color:BlueWhitePurple   Classic:Classic
HOME
PHOTOS
FORUMS
AVIATION NEWS
AVIATION ARTICLES
AIRCRAFT DATA
COMMUNITY
Logout
Color:BlueWhitePurple   Classic:Classic

The reason they will keep their jobs is because CO created a work from home system, and UA was lucky enough to merger with a first rate airline.

brilondon

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 25):
The last time I called UA reservations after 9pm it was about an early morning flight the next day that was cancelled due to a blizzard in Denver. The rep could barely speak English and he told me I was rebooked on a 3-leg journey with 2 layovers that would take about 12 hours. He also told me I had no option but to take the rebooking. When I told him I could rent a car and drive the trip in 6 hours compared to 12 hours of flying, he said he had no idea where these cities really were. I thanked him for his uselessness, hung up, and called my employer's travel agent. They rebooked me on an American flight with one layover in Dallas that got me home within two hours of my original schedule.
Quoting B737900ER (Reply 31):

I agree. Happens often enough that good airlines have it on their app and in the time that it took you to explain the situation you could have done what was needed to be done on line or on your phone. This also does not necessarily mean you would not get a CSR with anymore intelligence. Today's business is a 24/7 society and it is not necessary to have a person in a city where you are calling from. On the most part the airlines don't waste their resources on geography lessons for their CSRs.
Rush for ever; Yankees all the way!!

cosyr

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm sure in some way this will increase my likelihood of speaking to India. It amazes me that United can be the ONLY us airline with Indian call centers still. Not Spirit, not Frontier even without their 800 number...just United!

The best part is if you have to speak to india, it will take 2 hours to get anything done, because they put you on hold, because they're on hold...waiting to speak to a supervisor in the US! They can't make any decisions themselves, they are just extra middle men that UA is paying to talk to their Res people rather than directly to customers. I don't believe that they are actually saving money.

strfyr51

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:39 pm

why not wait and SEE if this really makes a difference. The Company will really only be saving the rent on the res senter or the 10% override that Hawaii employees gat paid because they're in Hawaii.

ramprat74

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Quoting strfyr51 (Reply 38):
The Company will really only be saving the rent on the res senter or the 10% override that Hawaii employees gat paid because they're in Hawaii.

The co-workers in Hawaii get paid 10% more then the other co-workers around the system? False! The co-workers in HNL make the same hourly wage as every other IAM worker. The co-workers in LIH, OGG, KOA had to take a 17% pay cut to keep their jobs also.

[Edited 2015-09-05 07:02:13]

WA707atMSP

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Quoting johns624 (Reply 32):
Quoting flyDTW1992 (Reply 26):
I had no idea they had a facility here. Never would've guessed. But if I'm being honest, reservations is one aspect of the industry I have zero relevant experience or education in.Kind of funny they're in a city with such a tiny UA presence at its airport. (Not that that really matters I suppose.)

UA used to have a huge presence at DTW in the late 70's. The Davey Terminal was all United at that time. I remember flying DC10's nonstop to SFO to visit my brother at Ft Ord.

Although United was larger in Detroit pre-deregulation than they are now, the Davey terminal was never all-United. When the Davey Terminal opened in 1966, half of its ticket counters (to the right of the corridor that went to the gates) were United's, as was the F concourse. The other half of the ticket counters in the Davey terminal were used by Mohawk, Lake Central, and North Central, who shared the E concourse. Braniff also used the Davey Terminal, and the E Concourse, from the time they started flying to DTW in 1969 until they moved to the D Concourse and the L C Smith Terminal in the early 1970s. I think Northeast might also have been in the Davey briefly, before their merger with Delta, but I'm not sure.

After Allegheny merged with Lake Central and Mohawk, the merged airline consolidated their operations in the Davey Terminal; Allegheny / USAir was in the Davey until 1986, when they moved to the Smith Terminal, at the tip of the C Concourse, to free up space for Republic. United and Northwest swapped DTW facilities after the Northwest / Republic merger, making the Davey all-Northwest until the MacNamara terminal opened.

MaverickM11

Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 23):

Did UA fire you? How long are you going to carry this dumb cross of rage that no one even acknowledges any more? Just curious how long we will have to put up with your angry uninformed outbursts in every single UA thread...

[Edited 2015-09-05 07:34:31]
E pur si muove -Galileo

slider

Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 pm

but I see no real need to do this.

You're saying this with ZERO insight as to call volumes, staffing levels, work from home options, etc, etc...

Quoting jetblastdubai (Reply 4):
buggy whip factories

A good analogy, but maybe not the best one in this context.

Quoting UA444 (Reply 6):

Listen, I know it's practically a sport here to bash UA, and I've done it plenty, but this is a horseshit argument.

Continental pioneered the res agent work from home program and it was immensely successful AND popular. No need for brick and mortar facilities when people can be as productive if not more from home, do the job, and it's a win-win for everyone involved. CO did a fantastic job in doing this---this UA move is an extension of that.

Save your outrage against UA for something legitimate. This faux rage gets old.

jayunited

Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:15 pm

They may not be terminated as they are most likely represented by a union. It is harder to terminate people that are represented by a union than "at will employees." When they quit or do not relocate, their positions most like will not be filled by new employees.

You are jumping to all sorts of conclusions by assuming the agents will quite or not relocate first and foremost UA is not furloughing a single agent they are giving them the choice to work from home. UA already has plenty of agents working from home voluntarily and according to the article this move to close these 2 centers only effect a total of 430 reservation agents. Both the HNL and DTW res centers opened ages ago and I'm sure now with only 430 total people still coming into the office at both these call centers combined more than half the floor sits empty and unused. UA is paying for space they are not fully utilizing. So it make total sense for UA to tell the remaining 430 employees that you can keep your job as a res agent but by the end of next year you will have to work from home. If you choose not to then per the terms of the contract you can transfer into another position within the company. The agents have over a year to make a decision as neither center is schedule to close until the end of 2016 most employees don't get this amount of type of heads up before they have to make a decision about their future.

This is the first time I think UA is actually handling things the right way. They are giving employees plenty of notice to the changes that are coming and they are telling them you still have the option to work from home as a res agent. I don't know what the 430 employees effected by this will do but at least UA did not wait till the last minute and expect people to make life impacting decisions in a matter or weeks.

IPFreely

Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Not true. An app or a website can do this. And it can do it as well or better than most of the reservations agents you're likely to get at UA.

Reservations agents need to face facts. There is as much need for them today as there is for typewriter salesmen or VCR repair technicians.

Tomassjc

Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 44):
Reservations agents need to face facts. There is as much need for them today as there is for typewriter salesmen or VCR repair technicians.

Ah, but Res Agents are VCR repair technicians (for those of you who know what a VCR is in our industry) and have saved the day for many of us many times.  
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Of course this is a.net so some people were going in ready to defend UA before they even finished reading the title   Airlines are not people you don't have to defend everything they do, some things are purely to save money and they are willing to reduce the customer experience. Probably too many senior people who actually know somethingat these locations and can help customers, better to replace them with someone cheaper who isn't willing to bend the rules at all.

United's war against its customers continues. United continues to be gaining on its enemy.

MaverickM11

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:17 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 46):
Probably too many senior people who actually know somethingat these locations and can help customers, better to replace them with someone cheaper who isn't willing to bend the rules at all.

Please point to where it says anyone is going to be fired and/or replaced.

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 46):
United's war against its customers continues. United continues to be gaining on its enemy.

I think you mean a.net's war on intelligence continues. You're winning 
E pur si muove -Galileo

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 44):

The "sales" side of res has substantially diminished, for certain.

The "service" side has not, as there are still tens of thousands of people who call res - the first touchpoint for many customer transactions - for assistance with changes, IRROPS, questions, and even web support.

There is still a very real, ongoing need for res agents, and airlines continue to hire them as needed.

AS alone will be adding somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 positions in 2016, after having hired all throughout 2014 and 2015.

Quoting Tomassjc (Reply 45):
Res Agents are VCR repair technicians (for those of you who know what a VCR is in our industry) and have saved the day for many of us many times.

Yet another change to the world of the res agent is that of station support; ATO agents are no longer trained on ticket reissues, and when complex issues arise that require that level of knowledge, that's where the res agents come in.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Freshside3

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 48):
Yet another change to the world of the res agent is that of station support; ATO agents are no longer trained on ticket reissues, and when complex issues arise that require that level of knowledge, that's where the res agents come in.

In fact, when the cutover was made to SHARES, many legacy UA agents were not trained for complex ticketing transactions---only the basics---and often have to call the help desk.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos