Miami
Topic Author

Middle East Carriers Future Expansion To The US?

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 am

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what is your opinion and/or prediction on the future of Middle Eastern carriers in the US.

So far here is where these Middle Eastern carriers fly.

Emirates: JFK, LAX, DFW, IAD, IAH, SEA, BOS, MCO, SFO, ORD

Etihad: JFK, LAX, DFW, SFO, ORD, IAD

Qatar: JFK, LAX, ATL, BOS, DFW, MIA, IAH, IAD, ORD, PHL

Saudia: JFK, LAX, IAD

Royal Jordanian: JFK, DTW, ORD

Kuwait: JFK

Pakistan: JFK

EL AL: JFK, LAX, EWR, BOS

Where do you see those airlines expanding within the US?

Plus, do you see airlines like Oman Air, Gulf Air, Middle East Airlines, and Yemenia, starting flights to the US in the future?

Thank you.

-Miami   

[Edited 2015-09-06 22:43:26]
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

JetBlueCLT

RE: Middle East Carriers Future Expansion To The US?

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:16 am

I'll keep this short and simple.

For QR-CLT

EK-PHL FLL

[Edited 2015-09-06 23:21:45]
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates and Charlotte Hornets Fan

757usairways

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 am

EK: PHL, DTW, ATL, CLT, FLL
QR: CLT, SFO
EY: IAH
SV: ORD
RJ: LAX
KU: IAD
PK: LAX, IAD
LY: ORD, PHL

[Edited 2015-09-06 23:20:50]

[Edited 2015-09-06 23:21:08]

[Edited 2015-09-06 23:21:31]

HB-IWC

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:26 am

So why did Royal Jordanian make the cut and not Egyptair or Turkish Airlines?

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:30 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 3):

Well, if you think they should then why not?

Turkish: JFK, BOS, ORD, ATL, MIA, LAX, SFO, IAH, IAD

Egyptair: JFK

If mods can edit and add Turkish and Egyptair to the orginal post, I'd appreciate it.

[Edited 2015-09-06 23:35:34]
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

MEACEDAR

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:31 am

Quoting Miami (Thread starter):
Plus, do you see airlines like Oman Air, Gulf Air, Middle East Airlines, and Yemenia, starting flights to the US in the future?

I doubt ME or Yemenia will be here anytime soon for various reasons including political to be honest. I wish there was a BEY-JFK like in the 70s either by ME or one of the US airlines like DL. I don't even think they are legally able to fly to BEY and I am pretty sure the US has some kind of ban on ME flying here for political reasons. If they do ever get privileges, JFK and DTW are definitely something to look it regardless if it's ME or one the US airlines--even if it's a weekly flight or seasonal situation.

As far as Yemenia, given the war that's going on between them and Saudi, I doubt they are even thinking about expanding and plus, even if everything was in great condition, there is no need as they can funnel those passengers via DXB/AUH/DOH.

I think EK's next move is ATL if I am not mistaken (I read it somewhere earlier this week.) They're trying to compete with DL on that route. I think they've hit all major cities except for MIA. Everything else doesn't really make sense. You probably will see added flights to the destinations they already have if loads are impressive.

EY has a different business model than EK...they actually care about finances and are relatively conservative in that regard. I see them possibly expanding to BOS? Maybe MIA? I highly doubt it though.

QR is kind of in the middle of EK and EY in terms of business model. Because of the pissing fest between them and the US airlines (as well as EK and the US airlines), I don't see them expanding in the near future. I would like to see MCO but I am not counting on it.

SV doesn't care about traffic into Saudi but cater more towards their own citizens. There are a lot of tourists in Orlando that come from Saudi so I can see a MCO a couple of times a week or some kind of seasonal traffic. LAX was definitely a good move for them though. IAH might be a good fit too because of the entire business loads you will see from the oil industry.

LY's next destination ought to be MIA to be honest. I am surprised they have not done it yet. I'm also surprised AA has not tapped into that market either. MIA-TLV should be a hit.

You can forget about PK expanding....simply not enough traffic and they can't compete with the Big 3 in the Middle East. They can funnel passengers from Pakistan through DXB/AUH/DOH. Same goes with RJ and KU.

To sum it up:

ME or DL on BEY-JFK
QR- DOH-MCO
SV- RUH-JED-IAH RUH-JED-MCO
LY or AA- on TLV-MIA

sq_ek_freak

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 am

Quoting MEACEDAR (Reply 5):
EY has a different business model than EK...they actually care about finances and are relatively conservative in that regard. I see them possibly expanding to BOS? Maybe MIA? I highly doubt it though.

QR is kind of in the middle of EK and EY in terms of business model. Because of the pissing fest between them and the US airlines (as well as EK and the US airlines), I don't see them expanding in the near future. I would like to see MCO but I am not counting on it.

Erm...you've got this a bit backwards - of the ME3 it is only EK that is truly concerned about turning a profit especially since they are the only one of those three airlines not to be backed by their respective governments/sovereign wealth funds. They do get breaks at DXB ground handling and such, but they do not get the cash injections that QR and EY enjoy. EK brings $$$ to Dubai, not the other way around.

You are however right in that EY is indeed pursuing a different business model to that of EK in spreading their net wide re: airline partners and ownerships.

My completely personal guess is that from what I know QR is probably the biggest money drainer of the ME3 given how aggressive they are with expansion and with how they are pricing their overly premium product for their clientele which I suppose is all well and good given that they do have the $ to back them, vs EK/Dubai which does not. EY/Abu Dhabi is extremely wealthy as well but with James Hogan in charge they seem to be going down a different path.

As for the US:

EK - I see ATL as a hole in their network, and maybe PHL if they can maximize the QF/oneworld link up in DXB...don't even know if that's possible? Maybe DTW as well but given that most of the ME population there hail from the Levant that involves some pretty massive backtracking to go through DXB. Finally, EWR? Can they make both JFK and EWR work? If any of the ME3 were to do it, EK is best positioned to.

EY - MIA? Or maybe they go left field and do something like a DEN.

QR - They need to do SFO, don't understand how they haven't yet. Other than that they seem well covered.

RJ/MS/KU/SV et al are kind of immaterial to this discussion in my mind...they have strong O&D (besides KU) and beyond that they will always be limited to being bit players carrying bottom yielding VFR passengers beyond their respective hubs.
Keep Discovering

MAH4546

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 am

Quoting JetBlueCLT (Reply 1):
For QR-CLT

If CLT was gonna happen, QR would not be going to ATL.

Quoting PHL+FLL" class="quote" target="_blank">JetBlueCLT,reply=1EK-PHL FLL:

PHL absolutely.

EK at FLL is the wet dream of those who hate the thought of EK flying to MIA but accept it can't ignore South Florida.
a.

sq_ek_freak

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 am

Do MSP, AUS, LAS, DEN, SLC or PHX stand a chance to attract any of the ME3?

SAN wouldn't work because of runway issues right? I thought I heard somewhere that even the BA departure to LHR kind of pushes it a bit.
Keep Discovering

AirIndia

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:43 am

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 8):
Do MSP, AUS, LAS, DEN, SLC or PHX stand a chance to attract any of the ME3?

Of these LAS stands a chance if at all.

SAN wouldn't work because of runway issues right? I t

That plus it will dilute loads and yields from LAX.

do you see airlines like Oman Air, Gulf Air, Middle East Airlines, and Yemenia

Non-stop long haul for them would be akin to taking a cyanide pill; Swift suicide...

georgiabill

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

QR has already announced BOS from next March. EK ATL or DTW would certainly get DL'S attention. DTW has a large middle eastern population and connect DTW with EK'S extensive hub in DXB.

sq_ek_freak

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Good point re: SAN diluting LAX yields - do we know how many people originate in SAN for the EK LAX service? I assume SAN falls under the catchment population for EK at LAX.

Quoting AirIndia (Reply 9):
Non-stop long haul for them would be akin to taking a cyanide pill; Swift suicide...

Perhaps out of all of them Oman Air stands a chance to possibly start JFK, but they have little to no brand recognition in the US given how amazing their product is. In fact even in Europe I'm not sure how well known they are given that they do offer service to the main gateways on the continent. And actually given that they only have A330s I'm not sure they can even technically operate the flight in the first place. Maybe MEA to JFK too given that BEY is a strong O&D destination, but still doubtful.

Gulf Air are in no position to be starting up new long haul ops and Yemenia is just a no go given the situation in Yemen at the moment and even still without that hurdle it would have been a massively uphill battle for them anyway.
Keep Discovering

adamh8297

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Saudia: JFK, LAX, IAD

ATL or DTW may be a possibility if they get closer to DL
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

csavel

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:38 pm

The following quote from AirIndia sums it up, the rest is commentary.

Quoting AirIndia (Reply 9):
do you see airlines like Oman Air, Gulf Air, Middle East Airlines, and Yemenia

Gulfair actually *did* fly to New York, didn't work out so well for them, lasted maybe a year? but it was my first view of an A-340. Beautiful livery.

I am surprused that Kuwait hangs on, perhaps it is prestige, and cheap seats from New York to London.

Frankly, the ME3 are so powerful and can offer so much that there really is little need for the smaller players to come to the US.

RJ locks up Detroit b/c mostly vfr and I don't think the ME3 would waste planes for that market.

Given the oil industry, I am actually surprised that Saudia or Etihad don't fly there.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

jfk777

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 7):
EK at FLL is the wet dream of those who hate the thought of EK flying to MIA but accept it can't ignore South Florida.

Emirates flying to FLL is never going to happen, or until they extend runway 10L/28R 3,000 feet. Its only 9,000 feet long and a 77W with enough gas and payload all they way to Dubai from Hot Florida is not going to happen in 9,000 feet. Extending that runway has a few engineering obstacles like I -95 in the west side and the port on the east side.

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Pakistan: JFK

Pakistan is the Middle East?

Oman Air

They have such a J product. I wish they would come to the US, but it seems that their focus is else where for the next 5 years.

777way

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:05 pm

This topic has been discussed many times before.

And FYI Pakistan is NOT a ME country, its South Asian part of Indian sub-continent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_subcontinent

Its only listed in ME schedules of some European airlines along with Armenia, is the latter a ME country too?

[Edited 2015-09-07 08:22:41]

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Does anyone see Egyptair starting flights to IAD?

Quoting YouGeeElWhy (Reply 15):

Yes, The Greater Middle East.

Quoting csavel (Reply 13):
Given the oil industry, I am actually surprised that Saudia

Maybe with the SkyTeam presence, it could be a possibility.

Coronado990

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:33 pm

SAN wouldn't work because of runway issues right? I thought I heard somewhere that even the BA departure to LHR kind of pushes it a bit.
Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 11):
Good point re: SAN diluting LAX yields - do we know how many people originate in SAN for the EK LAX service? I assume SAN falls under the catchment population for EK at LAX.

It's true...LAX would just fall apart if it wasn't for San Diego.

Anyway, there is a longer runway in the area (complete with no obstacles) that has no curfews to deal with and serves a very unique and complex international metropolitan area of nearly 5 millon people. An airline like EK flying there could help the new Cross Border Express bridge between the USA and TIJ become a popular alternative to LAX if Middle Eastern airlines want to expand in a region of over 20 million people.
We're up.

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Turkish: I think there's a possibility for DFW. But what are the chances for EWR since they both have Star Alliance ties?

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 12):
ATL or DTW may be a possibility if they get closer to DL

I agree.

I think EK's next move is ATL if I am not mistaken (I read it somewhere earlier this week.) They're trying to compete with DL on that route. I think they've hit all major cities except for MIA. Everything else doesn't really make sense. You probably will see added flights to the destinations they already have if loads are impressive.

I'm honestly not holding my breath for MIA anymore.

Seems about right. Not sure about MIA but BOS seems to be a given. Especially with the roll they've been on.  
Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 6):
QR - They need to do SFO

Couldn't agree more. I was surprised when they didn't announce it with LAX, BOS, and ATL.

SV doesn't care about traffic into Saudi but cater more towards their own citizens. There are a lot of tourists in Orlando that come from Saudi so I can see a MCO a couple of times a week or some kind of seasonal traffic.

Would be nice to see them at MCO again.

GCT64

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Quoting csavel (Reply 13):

Gulfair actually *did* fly to New York, didn't work out so well for them, lasted maybe a year? but it was my first view of an A-340. Beautiful livery.

and before that with Tristars in co-operation with TWA:

TWA At LHR (by quickmover Apr 11 2015 in Civil Aviation)

"The GF flight was an arrangement whereby the flight originated in BAH on a GF L-1011 with GF crews. At LHR TW crews took over and operated the flight to JFK." (the GF Tristar operated the whole route BAH-LHR-JFK)
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

lychemsa

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:42 pm

LY used to fly to Miami continuing to Mexico City but stopped.

dolphinflyer

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 pm

QR: SJC-DOH (flow biz/VFR traffic between Silicon Valley and the Indian Subcontinent

Thomaas

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:10 pm

EK: ATL, DTW, LAS, MIA, PHL
EY: IAH
QR: SFO, BOS, CLT (ONLY if PHL improves)
SV: MCO
LY: ORD, MIA
TK: EWR, PHL, DFW, DTW, SEA

747megatop

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I can see at least one of the ME3 expanding into SJC & SAN sooner than later with a 787 (which means it has to be QR or EY).

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Quoting Thomaas (Reply 30):
BOS

Qatar already announced BOS  
Quoting lychemsa (Reply 28):

Hmm. I did not know that. Learn something new everyday.

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 31):
It begs the question, why did QR choose ATL

To get Mr. Anderson mad?  

727LOVER

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Quoting lychemsa (Reply 28):
Quoting Miami (Reply 33):

I am assuming you mean the MEX part....and I'm not even sure that is true.

I DO remember reading on here that LY's security would point their guns at photographers at the holes.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MAH4546

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:32 pm

El Al never once flew MIAMEX.
a.

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 35):

Well, now I'm confused. Oh well. Guess I knew that after all.

Speaking of LY: EL AL To Return To Miami And Chicago? (by Miami Aug 26 2015 in Civil Aviation)

Ytraveller

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm surprised DEN hasn't come up much, is it because of elevation? This is purely anecdotal, but I was watching the LH flight board the other day and saw many woman in hijabs. Is there a decent middle eastern population in Denver?

Quoting YouGeeElWhy (Reply 15):

Technically/geographically speaking it is. But I find myself connecting it more with the Middle East due to cultural ties like Islam.

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Quoting Ytraveller (Reply 37):
I'm surprised DEN hasn't come up much

I'm betting on EK for future service to DEN.

Is there a decent middle eastern population in Denver?

Check out these links:

http://zipatlas.com/us/co/denver/zip...son/percentage-arab-population.htm

http://zipatlas.com/us/co/zip-code-c...son/percentage-arab-population.htm

Not sure how accurate they are though.

RJAF

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:37 pm

RJ used to also do HOU, MIA and LAX in the 70s and 80s before the ME3 were born!
Chance favors the prepared mind

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Quoting RJAF (Reply 39):

I do recall RJ had plans to resume flights to LAX and MIA but 787 delays shelved the plans.

Royal Jordanian Plans LAX, MIA Relaunches (by mah4546 Nov 25 2013 in Civil Aviation)

777way

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Technically/geographically speaking it is.

You mean it isnt, not geographically nor culturally, we are not even like Afghans ans Iranians next door, the western provinces share some traits with them but thats a natural outcome, as the eastern provinces have in common with India.

N415XJ

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Middle East Airlines

As much as I'd love to see BEY-JFK or DTW (or even YYZ) on ME, I don't think they will because of their tight association with AF: ME flying direct to North America would cut into AF benefiting from the Lebanese diaspora across North America, which is not a small market as I understand it. I think I've shared this theory on a different thread here; if it's wrong I'd love for someone to jump in and correct me.

Technically/geographically speaking it is. But I find myself connecting it more with the Middle East due to cultural ties like Islam.

According to "World Atlas" Pakistan is indeed part of the 'Greater Middle East', but then again so is Kazakhstan. Even if Pakistan and Iraq/Syria/Jordan/etc are technically in the same drainage basin or whatever, they have next to no cultural ties other than general Islam (and neither Indonesia nor Brunei are considered part of the Middle East). So I agree with 777way... unless you're talking to a geologist, Pakistan is in no way, shape, or form part of the Middle East

747megatop

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 30):
I'm betting on EK for future service to DEN.

Absolutely agree. Surprising to see that DEN has missed all the action in terms of international expansions witnessed in the past decade from all carriers into the US. DEN is long overdue. I think EK will definitely make inroads into DEN sooner than later.

777way

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Quoting N415XJ (Reply 34):

Yes. and Britts coined this greater ME farce only 15 years ago, says wikipedia.

I didnt get your geology bit, I think most of Pakistan sits on the plate that has other South Asian countries, while a part of its west is on the one that has Iran and Afghanistan, the latter not being a ME country as well.

enilria

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 2):
QR: CLT,

I don't think QR is as in love with OW/AA as you imagine.

QR- DOH-MCO

I think this is quite feasible both as a code share with B6 perhaps and their duel with EK.

Quoting JetBlueCLT (Reply 1):
QR-CLT

I think after they did ATL and publicly warred with AA it moved down the list a few spots.

ME or DL on BEY-JFK

BEY is blocked by DHS. I don't see that changing.

Viscount724

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm

No, highly unlikely. Their connecting networks beyond their hubs are much too small to generate enough traffic.

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 3):
So why did Royal Jordanian make the cut and not Egyptair or Turkish Airlines?

In the airline industry, TK is normally considered a European carrier, not Middle East. Their IATA/ICAO traffic data etc. is always reported with Europe, not the ME.

N415XJ

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 36):

I didnt get your geology bit, I think most of Pakistan sits on the plate that has other South Asian countries, while a part of its west is on the one that has Iran and Afghanistan, the latter not being a ME country as well.

Never mind, I assumed that "Greater Middle East" was some sort of geographical, not political distinction without reading into it further.

Quoting 777way (Reply 36):

Yes. and Britts coined this greater ME farce only 15 years ago, says wikipedia.

Ah, those Brits. You could always count on them to deal with the Middle East with skill and foresight  

Viscount724

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 27):

El Al never once flew MIAMEX.

When LY briefly served MEX in the late 1970s, what was the intermediate stop? Can't find any schedules, only a reference to the unprofitable service ending sometime in 1979.

seat1a

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 11):

I've heard the same about Oman Air, too; great service and J product. Are they focused like SV where they're O&D focused and not much so on those going to Oman? Is Muscat a good connecting airport? Muscat looks like a very cool city, too. Any information is appreciated!

BaconButty

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:24 am

Quoting N415XJ (Reply 39):
Ah, those Brits. You could always count on them to deal with the Middle East with skill and foresight

It's hard drawing borders with an etch-a-sketch.
Down with that sort of thing!

2travel2know2

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 am

MS flew to LAX as a tag-on from JFK.
That routing now would be a disaster..
Wonder if MS (Egypt) has 5th freedom rights from U.K. to fly CAI-MAN-LAX, that way LAX gets back CAI flight and a bonus MAN non-stop.
At least MS being an Star Alliance airline may attract UA Mileage Plus passengers to fly MS LAX-MAN.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

L0VE2FLY

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:29 am

I expect RJ to return to LAX, there's a large Middle Eastern diaspora in SoCal, AMM is well located to serve them unlike the hubs of the ME3.

It does, BA's flight out of SAN is payload restricted.

Quoting Coronado990 (Reply 18):
It's true...LAX would just fall apart if it wasn't for San Diego.

LAX benefits a lot from the lack of int'l long haul flights into SAN, but the population of Los Angeles is much larger than San Diego, so it won't exactly fall apart.

Quoting Coronado990 (Reply 18):
Anyway, there is a longer runway in the area (complete with no obstacles) that has no curfews to deal with and serves a very unique and complex international metropolitan area of nearly 5 millon people. An airline like EK flying there could help the new Cross Border Express bridge between the USA and TIJ become a popular alternative to LAX if Middle Eastern airlines want to expand in a region of over 20 million people.

TIJ' runway is only 311' (~100 m.) longer than SAN' but the lack of obstacles is a big plus, if the ME3 or any other airline can market their flights as San Diego/Tijuana once the Cross Border Xpress opens and if TIJ is well equipped to handle them, such flights should be successful.

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 24):
I can see at least one of the ME3 expanding into SJC & SAN sooner than later with a 787 (which means it has to be QR or EY).

SJC maybe, SAN no way, no airliner can fly ULH nonstop out of SAN with a meaningful payload.

Coronado990

Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:29 am

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 44):
TIJ' runway is only 311' (~100 m.) longer than SAN' but the lack of obstacles is a big plus, i

Unfortunately, twins can't use the entire 9400' departing RWY 27 at SAN. Four-holers can use 8,700' but for twins it's around ~7600' due to obstacles based on engine out performance making TIJ about 2000' longer for twins.
We're up.

adamh8297

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 19):
Seems about right. Not sure about MIA but BOS seems to be a given. Especially with the roll they've been on.  

There's a lot of capacity with 2 daily DXB and 1 daily DOH in BOS. I don't see EY coming in the next year or two.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos