N505fx

BA 777 On Fire At Las Vegas - Part 1

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:16 am

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 141):
They deserve to be arrested, is what they deserve.

Not complying with crew instructions is a punishable by law...at least Federally.

jpetekyxmd80

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:19 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 150):

A tweet from Boeing

Quote:
Boeing is prepared to provide technical assistance to the NTSB following today's incident at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas.

Thanks for that
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

maxpower1954

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 57):
I question how soon the pilots requested assistance from the airport fire service.

Stunningly arrogant statement, even for A-net.

surfpunk

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 am

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 140):
Time = money and my work has to be done so I need my laptop. All I'm saying.

Does your time = someone else's life?

All I'm saying.

SuseJ772

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:32 am

Quoting A332DTW (Reply 82):
It's bad enough when it's a non-fire emergency, but when the plane is on fire... come on!! F your bag and get the hell out of there.

Usually I am in the crowd that says we all need to chill out when we see emergencies where people brought there bags with them if there is clearly no immediate threat. However, a fire I am with you. The 90-second rule was put in place for fire. There is a reason you and everyone else needs to get out in 90 seconds. And there is a reason why a normal deplane does not take 90 seconds and a large part of that is getting your bags. Fire = get the hell out immediately.

Quoting airtechy (Reply 111):
.....and now the thread will morph into a discussion of people taking their carry on bags with them. A discussion which we have after every plane evacuation.

This one is different. This one it should be discussed.

What about the morbidly obese passenger that takes way more time to move about or the handicapped guy in 22C who can barely walk but chose to endanger the public by flying? What about the idiot who automatically runs forward blocking passengers going rearward to the nearest exit? Just raising fair arguments here. Time = money and my work has to be done so I need my laptop. All I'm saying.

There are things you can't control and there are things you can control. Not getting your bag and helping your fellow man it something you can control and you should when there is a fire.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

SuseJ772

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:33 am

Quoting DfwRevolution (Reply 155):
ArmitageShanks is probably Jeffery Smisek and giddy that there is more exciting airline news than his coming arraignment.

You win the Internet tonight my friend.   
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

A332DTW

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:34 am

What about the morbidly obese passenger that takes way more time to move about or the handicapped guy in 22C who can barely walk but chose to endanger the public by flying? What about the idiot who automatically runs forward blocking passengers going rearward to the nearest exit? Just raising fair arguments here. Time = money and my work has to be done so I need my laptop. All I'm saying.

D L X

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:37 am

I would punch you in the face then throw you down the slide, and you'd thank me.

You have a long history of spreading this crap on any thread involving an evacuation. I'm certain you're not actually as dumb or self centered as you come off here, but just in case remember that if you're ever unfortunate enough to be I this situations, someone there will be like me. Punch, throw, thanks.

continental004

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:38 am

If I was in the same situation I would proudly retrieve my carry-on because expensive items are expensive.

BMcD
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:41 am

Are you serious? So handicapped people shouldn't be able to fly but you should be able to grab your stuff because you are #1, doesn't matter to your fellow passengers? Selfish much? I think you endanger the pubic more than the obese person or the handicapped person. Not attacking you personally, but it is the thinking that after me, you all are #1 is what causes people to die in emergencies. Since that isn't following the directions of air crews, shouldn't that fall under not following directions and subject that person to arrest/prosecution?

PS - I am a handicapped guy that flies. I am handicapped due to military service, I think I have earned the privilege to be able to fly to where I am going. Were you the one that told me "Oh great, here is one of THOSE types when I took my chair/service dog down early" last Oct from DEN to IAH?

[Edited 2015-09-08 20:43:54]
DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80/2/3, 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, L1011, CRJ2/7/900, A320, A321, A330, Saab 340

RickNRoll

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:42 am

Quoting maxpower1954 (Reply 153):
Stunningly arrogant statement, even for A-net.

From listening to the ATC audio, it sounds like the first thing pilots did was call Mayday and call for Fire Service. The ATC replies by confirming the Fire Service has been notified.

747megatop

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 am

Quoting 7BOEING7 (Reply 112):
Sometimes an uncontained engine failure in flight isn't such a bad thing. In most cases all you've lost is an engine and you're not stopped in the middle of a camp fire.

I was referring to the engine on fire. Uncontained failure by itself without the fire is ok. But with that fire! ...i think they are lucky it happened on the ground. Would that fire have been put out/smothered by the wind speed though if it happened just after takeoff (probably a dumb question but just curious)?

shanxz

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 am

It's amazing how quickly the news spreads on social media, including ATC recordings! It's also ironic that British Airways has not updated its Facebook or Twitter feeds at all since the incident!

Full blow-by-blow details of the incident here:
http://bit.ly/BAVegasFire
Airlines are in the service business, not transport. Brand matters...

AR385

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:48 am

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 161):
I most certainly do get it. I work out and play squash daily. Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous?

That is what I am saying, exactly. I am 1.87mts, and 100 kg of muscle. Played rugby for years. Back then I was lots more athletic. I COULD NOT GET INTO THE AISLE. It was physically impossible. Until I started being violent. How are you going to fare better? It´s a mass of people, desperate and hysteric coming at you to get to the exit. I was lucky.

Why do you care so much what I do?

I don´t give a flying dingo what you do. I am just trying to explain to you how that attitude of yours is going to, at the minimum, land you in the hospital.

[Edited 2015-09-08 20:54:30]

nikeherc

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:51 am

I most certainly do get it. I work out and play squash daily. Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous? Get real. Why do you care so much what I do?

Like, I would expect, most of those on this forum, I don't really care what you do. In fact, if the situation ever arises, I would encourage you to calmly remain in your window seat until all of the other passengers have evacuated. Then you should calmly collect all of your carry on items, carefully check the area around your seat, proceed to the door through which you boarded and wait for an air stair to be rolled to the door.
DC6 to 777 and most things in between

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:51 am

Quoting continental004 (Reply 160):
If I was in the same situation I would proudly retrieve my carry-on because expensive items are expensive.

Do you have any regard for the safety and well-being of others?

I most certainly do get it. I work out and play squash daily. Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous?

As much as you would like to think that you can, you might not be able to entirely grasp the severity of the situation, and not anticipate how rapidly the situation can change. Think of the sudden explosions that happened on AC797.

Why do you care so much what I do?

Because your behavior can affect others. Simple as that. Do you enjoy it when other people do you a disservice?
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

usflyguy

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 am

Quoting BMcD (Reply 102):
With the people bringing their roll away suitcases down on the evac, it made me think. I travel with a service dog/wheelchair, how would an evac work for that? Does the dog go down with me and the FA help me to the nearest door or are there different protocols in place for that?

Each airline has different procedures, but you definitely are not left to fend for yourself. If you need total assistance, you are more than likely the last one off with the flight attendants.

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 115):
If I am willing to put myself in harms way after you get your butt out what do you care!

a damn shame. So put the cabin crew and Captains life at risk since they must remain on board until all passengers are off.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

CXfirst

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 am

I am glad the evacuation seemed to go quite smoothly. Some injuries, but not beyond what is to be expected in a fire and evacuation via emergency slides.

why does me getting my carry on which weighs less than Bob McDonalds gut make any difference?

If it is in the overhead locker, it makes a huge difference. Things might have shifted around, and especially if it was a bit of an abrupt stop, then as soon as you open the locker, bags might fall out. Bags might open up spilling their contents along the aisle.

End of the day, if the plane had burned to a crisp, feel lucky you got out alive, pretty sure you wouldn't be back to business that quick that you absolutely needed that laptop. If the plane remains intact, like it did in this case, you will probably have your hand luggage and hold luggage with you before you even get on that replacement flight back to LGW.

Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 137):
Hey, if you're in a window seat and you want to stay seated until EVERY SINGLE PERSON is off the aircraft and then you want to get your bag, go nuts. But if you try to do this even 1 second before everyone is off, you are putting people at risk. Period.

Even then, you are further endangering the lives of the flight attendants, who might make a quick run down the aisle to check for passengers. You being there, will delay him/her getting off the plane.

Can barely believe the conversation about bring hand luggage is even being made!

-CXfirst

Whiteguy

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 57):
I question how soon the pilots requested assistance from the airport fire service.

I wouldn't be questioning anything this crew did!!!!

surfpunk

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 am

If you and your "expensive items" are in the way of my (and others') safe exit of a burning aircraft, your expensive items will become broken items, really fast.

e195

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:03 am

My 2cents
Fantastic work by the cabin crew, flight deck, fire fighters and all others involved.

Very selfish of those retriving bags etc.
I can understand why but there is no excuse to, especially when it's getting hotter and hotter.

I'm a type 1 diabetic so always need insulin.
When I fly I have a small medical pouch (actually an old BA club amenities bag) so small. My phone and iPad on me as well as my passport. Money, nope that's in my bag in the locker.

If I need to get out fast it's all to hand just to walk or slide off with.

E195
Nikon D90 & D50 Sigma 70-300mm, 50-500 mm Lens :) oh yea Baby!

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:03 am

Quoting CXfirst (Reply 170):
If it is in the overhead locker, it makes a huge difference. Things might have shifted around, and especially if it was a bit of an abrupt stop, then as soon as you open the locker, bags might fall out. Bags might open up spilling their contents along the aisle.

Excellent point. The last thing an evacuee needs is an obstacle course on the way to the emergency exit.

Some people may be too haughty to know or admit this, but this universe isn't just about you.
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.

Aaron747

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:08 am

Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous? Get real. Why do you care so much what I do?

You are out of line and without a clue, sir. Your abilities are irrelevant in the face of a time-sensitive emergency evacuation, which is organized chaos in the best case scenario. The rules for emergencies are written the way they are for a reason. Nevermind that the crew has a job to be done, in x amount of time. Shut up and do as you're told, that's all there is to it.

No job or belongings matter when seconds count, period. Nobody cares what you do until it gets in the way.

[Edited 2015-09-08 21:09:42]
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

N505fx

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:12 am

I most certainly do get it. I work out and play squash daily. Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous? Get real. Why do you care so much what I do?

Because people smarter than you, with more knowledge than you and more experience than you have developed a way for EVERYONE to have the best odds of surviving a disaster. But sure, put your selfish understanding of the world around you ahead of everyone else...or just stay on your squash court with your precious laptop...either way, I can guarantee you if you ignore crew commands and safety procedures when I am on an aircraft with you, you will have 6'5 of pissed off in shape American dealing with your squash playing butt...once I throw you out on the tarmac.

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 175):
No job or belongings matter when seconds count, period. Nobody cares what you do until it gets in the way.

Unfortunately, sociopathy can exist anywhere, including on airplanes during an emergency.

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:16 am

Quoting N505fx (Reply 176):
But sure, put your selfish understanding of the world around you ahead of everyone else...or just stay on your squash court with your precious laptop...

Selfish is an understatement. Sociopathy is more fitting, IMO.

Skydrol

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:17 am

Are you saying a young man with athletic abilities cannot easily evacuate with his belongings after all the other sheep is dangerous? Get real. Why do you care so much what I do?

Wallet and phone in your pocket... what else could be important to take with you, a bag of clothes?

LD4
∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

tozairport

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 am

This crew did an amazing job. Looking at the aftermath, they didn't open the wrong exits, got everyone out safe (in spite of the idiots and their luggage and laptops), and got everyone away from the aircraft so that the fire crews could do their business. Well done BA crew, well done.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Planeflyer

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:36 am

What are the penalties for not complying? I can only hope, onerous! Maybe not enough though?

The morbidly obese scenario is a tricky one. Not sure how I'd handle that.

I'm going to pay more attention to the exit options in the future.

Hats off to the crew and airport staff! ...and the passengers that complied!

qf789

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:43 am

If I was in the same situation I would proudly retrieve my carry-on because expensive items are expensive

Stuff your expensive items that's why we have travel insurance

Well why stop there, what about the elderly who have limited mobility and anyone who has an injury which has mobility issues. Its not a fair argument. Passengers come in all shapes and sizes so I suggest you just suck it up. In some countries what you have said is discrimination and you would be sued.

Of course they are not but if my business needs are being needlessly delayed due to the fact that some obese slob is blocking my way why does me getting my carry on which weighs less than Bob McDonalds gut make any difference?

Your so called business needs being delayed wouldn't be because of the obese person but why the aircraft is being evacuated in the first place. You have truly shown how selfish you are.

No you don't get it. As AR185 said if the captain says EVACUATE, EVACUATE you get off the aircraft as soon as you can. That doesn't include getting your laptop or any personal belongings. The first reaction most passengers would be in todays situation would be to get off the aircraft as soon as possible. Something else you have missed that carrying personal items while evacuating would cause more of a chance of a slide being punctured and rendered out of action.
Forum Moderator

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:45 am

Quoting Planeflyer (Reply 178):
The morbidly obese scenario is a tricky one. Not sure how I'd handle that.

Why?

The important thing in this case is to do one's part in mitigating risks. By relinquishing your personal belongings, you are mitigating the immediate risk or danger. One cannot instantly lose weight to mitigate the immediate risk.

Just do what you can to help, or at least not get in the way.

airtechy

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 am

I always wonder if the people who take off their shoes....and put on the neat airline socks in business class...as soon as they are seated would want to walk off a burning plane in their socks.  

Desh

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 am

Quoting nikeherc (Reply 164):
Like, I would expect, most of those on this forum, I don't really care what you do. In fact, if the situation ever arises, I would encourage you to calmly remain in your window seat until all of the other passengers have evacuated. Then you should calmly collect all of your carry on items, carefully check the area around your seat, proceed to the door through which you boarded and wait for an air stair to be rolled to the door.

thank you for your humor in reply to a twerpish notion below.

Quoting N505fx (Reply 173):

Apart from the fact that you are endagering the lifes of the crew - maybe you should think about using your squash playing self to help others get off the plane faster ? Or help people at the bottom of the slides get up and walk away ? many ways you could put yourself of good use ...
"History is merely a list of surprises. It can only prepare us to be surprised yet again." - Kurt Vonnegut

hoons90

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:03 am

Quoting desh (Reply 182):
maybe you should think about using your squash playing self to help others get off the plane faster ? Or help people at the bottom of the slides get up and walk away ?

One would need at least a shred of empathy in order to do so.

cpd

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 am

Quoting desh (Reply 182):
? many ways you could put yourself of good use ...

Like standing on the tarmac near a burning plane fighting with other passengers, as our 6'5 cranky American before intends to do... Just how safe exactly is that...

Sydscott

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:30 am

All I can say to the people who want to collect their bags from the overhead locker is try doing that when this is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hV5spB_aXo

Or maybe watch this and tell me how you're going to calmly do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Nm19O1iW0

Or this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyZFASOAe0&

axio

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:36 am

Quoting shanxz (Reply 162):
It's also ironic that British Airways has not updated its Facebook or Twitter feeds at all since the incident!

I guess it's been night-time in the UK since the accident - just 0630 BST now I think.
I'm guessing the people with the keys to the accounts reside in the UK.
Time for a new viewing deck at AKL!

copter808

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:44 am

Quoting trnswrld (Reply 26):
Lol really? It's like happening right now and you are asking people sitting on their computers if it's a write off?
Quoting A332DTW (Reply 82):
It's bad enough when it's a non-fire emergency, but when the plane is on fire... come on!! F your bag and get the hell out of there.
Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 96):
If someone in front of me tries grabbing a bag during an emergency evacuation, that person's going to end up with some serious non-crash injuries.
Quoting FlyCaledonian (Reply 101):
Those smart few? I realy hope you were being sarcastic. Given it's thirty years since the British Airtours Manchester disaster, when an uncontained engine failure and subsequent fire that penetrated the fuselage killed so many I can't believe the first thing people were thinking of was to get their carry-ons off.
Quoting airtechy (Reply 111):
....and now the thread will morph into a discussion of people taking their carry on bags with them. A discussion which we have after every plane evacuation.

I recently heard some comments about why passengers take bags during an evacuation--ArmitageShanks excepted. Passengers are conditioned to stand up, retrieve their bags, and stand in the aisle waiting for the door to open during a normal arrival. In cases of emergency people react as they are trained. Soooo, when the plane comes to a stop, they get up and grab their stuff. Not a justification for taking luggage, just an explanation. Then on the other hand, we have people who think like ArmitageShanks!

Quoting holzmann (Reply 136):
I saw the headline on CNN and could make out the company from the livery...and of course my gut reaction was, "The 787 is really done for now!"

787 bashing will come soon enough as a result of this.

Incredible!!! Then maybe since you are so important you should be flying on your own jet so the rest of us aren't endangered by your actions.

Of course they are not but if my business needs are being needlessly delayed due to the fact that some obese slob is blocking my way why does me getting my carry on which weighs less than Bob McDonalds gut make any difference?

PLEASE fly by corporate jet.

Quoting BMcD (Reply 162):
PS - I am a handicapped guy that flies. I am handicapped due to military service, I think I have earned the privilege to be able to fly to where I am going. Were you the one that told me "Oh great, here is one of THOSE types when I took my chair/service dog down early" last Oct from DEN to IAH?

Thank you for your service, Sir. You have not only earned the privilege to fly, but you deserve to be seated in First Class.

aeroflop

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 am

Quoting airtechy (Reply 181):
I always wonder if the people who take off their shoes....and put on the neat airline socks in business class...as soon as they are seated would want to walk off a burning plane in their socks.

Funny that you mention that. That thought is the only reason I keep my shoes on for take off and landing. As soon as we are safely climbing I put on those socks and same for landing.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

Quoting Sydscott (Reply 185):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyZFASOAe0&

This one should be the poster child for evacuating quickly, but I fear that some might look at it as another reason to grab their prized possessions.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

A332DTW

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:57 am

Quoting copter808 (Reply 187):
I recently heard some comments about why passengers take bags during an evacuation--ArmitageShanks excepted. Passengers are conditioned to stand up, retrieve their bags, and stand in the aisle waiting for the door to open during a normal arrival. In cases of emergency people react as they are trained. Soooo, when the plane comes to a stop, they get up and grab their stuff. Not a justification for taking luggage, just an explanation. Then on the other hand, we have people who think like ArmitageShanks!

While I generally agree that passengers have become conditioned in air travel to many behaviors, I think fight or flee response supersedes that when smoke and fire come into play. It's no longer a conditioned behavior, rather a response to an immediate threat. And unless you're a trained cabin crew, your response will be to flee. Some passengers might still grab their bag instinctively, but the majority of them I would say are just very materialistic. Think about how much society is materialistic today.

Aesma

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:05 am

Nice pictures, no serious injuries : much more success than 7 dead with no picture : Possible Mid-Air Between 738 And Medevac (by nitepilot79 Sep 7 2015 in Civil Aviation)
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

kruiseri

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:13 am

Quoting Sydscott (Reply 185):
All I can say to the people who want to collect their bags from the overhead locker is try doing that when this is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hV5spB_aXo

What kind of a moron decides to video an impending disaster for YouTube rather than take the necessary precations to stay alive ? Rather than bracing for impact, this guy decided to video what is happening outside...

N505fx

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:17 am

Quoting airtechy (Reply 181):

Thats why you should always wait until you are at 10k feet and hear the double ding...at least at that altitude you will have a chance to put them back on. Same reason I only travel in full shoes and usually leather...I don't want to be walking through a fire or wreckage with flip flops on.

coolian2

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:24 am

Quoting N505fx (Reply 193):
Thats why you should always wait until you are at 10k feet and hear the double ding...at least at that altitude you will have a chance to put them back on. Same reason I only travel in full shoes and usually leather...I don't want to be walking through a fire or wreckage with flip flops on.

I always fly In trainers. They come off at the altitude where if I need them that urgently I'm leaving the scene in a bag.

Ditto if it's a cold climate I'll retain my leather jacket until the same point.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900

ozglobal

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:26 am

Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 96):
Quoting aerobalance (Reply 73):
Interesting passenger descriptions. Also note pic of evac passengers with bags.

If someone in front of me tries grabbing a bag during an emergency evacuation, that person's going to end up with some serious non-crash injuries.

Absolutely, they are guilty of reckless endangerment, worse than DUI. If anyone is overcome by the smoke, they should be charged with manslaughter or 3rd degree murder. Hit them over the head and see if they come to their senses during the evacuation. If they emerge from the fire with their bags: 2 years prison. That should de-incentivize this type of life threatening selfishness...
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

quiet1

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 am

Time matters in an evac, especially with a fire. Every second. Notice in the time when the last person comes down the slide and the time of the explosion in this video. They didn't even have a 15 second margin of error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyZFASOAe0

And, as mentioned above, the risk of puncturing a slide with carry-on is more than alarming.

rugger

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:35 am

Wait! This is historic!

Are a.nutters now saying that you should follow the instructions of the F/A's during an evacuation? Like when they say "Come this way! Evacuate! Leave your bags behind!" you'll be expected to do as you are told? Previously most a.nutters would tell the F/A to go screw herself while they did what they pleased. And that was the group consensus! I guess change is possible!

BTW, any a.nutters on this flight? Usually there are.

aeroflop

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am

http://image.airlineratings.com/arti...76108714_3033120918736925359_n.jpg

Looking at the damage in the above photo, it will be a write off.

L410Turbolet

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:46 am

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 91):
While everyone else will be sleeping in their clothes tonight those smart few will be refreshed and maybe even able to get some work done seeing they have their laptops and chargers.

"Smart" people like you should be evacuated right on the tarmac, without the slide. After all, time is money and while others bother with slide you can be in your hotel already, rejoining the rat race.  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos