Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

questions
Topic Author

Suggestions for UA's New CEO Oscar Munoz's First 90 Days?

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:19 am

What would you advise United's new CEO, Oscar Munoz, to put in his First 90 Days Plan?

tozairport

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:24 am

Get the Flight Attendants and Mechanics a contract. That would be a good start.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

32andBelow

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:32 am

Make sure the airline meets all of its operational responsibilities, while establishing an agenda.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:36 am

Prepare your resignation letter because UA is too big a nut for him to crack.

TWA772LR

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:49 am

He can't do much for the rest of the year as he has just started. My advice for this quarter is just maintain profitability.

2016 is where it will get interesting.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

peanuts

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:50 am

Paint the planes.   

tozairport

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:51 am

Quoting peanuts (Reply 5):
Paint the planes.   

With the Tulip....   
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

AWACSooner

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:54 am

Take away Smisek's golden parachute!

ua900

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 am

1. Unite United
2. Revive the brand (doesn't have to be a tulip, just inject some live and character into the blandest brand in aviation)
3. Invest in First Class and GS
4. Invest in something better than the 739
5. Invest in more flat bed service within region 1

[Edited 2015-09-08 21:58:58]
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUA | IAH | LAX | LIM | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SAL | SCL | SFO | TXL

res77W

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:00 am

New Business First seat and actual premium economy?

afcjets

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:18 am

Get back into JFK and increase your presence at MIA.

thekorean

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:28 am

Quoting afcjets (Reply 11):

EWR was never the problem.

Miami

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:38 am

Merge with American and dominate the world (or at least the US )..!      

Quoting afcjets (Reply 11):

Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

copter808

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

Start by showing respect to the employees and remember that THEY are your most valuable asset.

calpsafltskeds

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:13 am

Don't waste money on repainting over 700 mainline and over 500 Express mostly freshly painted aircraft.

At some point do a refresh on the brand, but most of the aircraft now have fairly new paint jobs which can last for years. The ideal time to repaint the fleet is when the recently repainted sUA aircraft are due for a paint job.

Standardize the brand for international travel as soon as reasonably possible. If Intl F goes, take it out system wide - maybe it just stays on the 744 until gone. When there is a new BF seat, install on all Intl aircraft ASAP. It's weird to have major differences in BF seats between sCO and sUA wide bodies. Standardize IFE, WiFi and streaming content.

Continue up-gauging of 50 seaters to E175s, large RJs to 319/73G, up the ladder to 772A on domestic. Eliminate many 50 seaters.

I would love to see non-stops between non-hub large cities that UA serves based on competition and O&D. UA could make inroads to gain FF members by offering more non-stops to more large cities. Opportunities may be limited as many large cities are competitor hubs. Non legacy hub cities like MCO, SAN, MCI, STL, MSY, IND, CVG, PIT come to mind, understanding that WN and some legacies have non-hub services to these airport. If the additions do not put UA in the top position for O&D for the city, then most likely it's not a good idea.

Consider 1 or 2 aux tanks for future 739MAX aircraft for reliability on Transcons and Hawaiian flights. Understanding that full aux tanks reduce available payload, the idea should be analyzed.

Consider 738 service additions HNL-SAN/PDX/SEA to feed GUM aircraft - consider using those 3 aircraft to continue HNL-KOA/LIH/OGG single round trip to feed HNL mainline flights in HNL hub. This would be a low expense addition to increase UA's legacy dominance in Hawaii. Long term consider HNL to select island destinations such as PPG, PPT, RAR, NAN on 3-4 weekly frequencies - these may be able to be flown with 738/9MAX or 752 equipment - provide US connections at HNL.
OK, I'm waiting for the flaming to begin.

green12324

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am

I work on the ramp in O'Hare for United, and today was a good day for everyone despite the weather that moved through. I have only been with the company for a little over a month now, but everyone was excited that Jeff Smisek is finally gone.

Going forward, Oscar Munoz has a short window of opportunity earn back the loyalty of all those employees who Jeff's actions and attitude devalued. I believe that the poor corporate culture at United is a direct result of Jeff's attitude towards the people. There is very little accountability on behalf of management to serve employees, employees are arbitrarily shifted from work area to work area with no regard to personal preference, full time senior employees are forced out by any means necessary and replaced with cheap labor, and employees are overall made to feel like numbers. Manageme/nt is good at lip service, but when it comes to delivering on promises it is obvious that no one cares. Management doesn't care about customers either. Everyone you speak to dwells on how terrible the company has become since it was "acquired" by Continental.

If United is going to be a successful airline it needs to unite its employees. Oscar needs to make changes that represent a solid break from the Smisek era of United/Continental. We need to move forward from missing the good old days of United, and use these record profits to create something better than before. The Continental corporate identity needs to go. It is unbelievable to me that this terrible mash-up was anything more than a temporary letter head while a new, original identity was created. Jeff Smisek just didn't care about anything except eliminating competition, cutting costs, and collecting a paycheck. Oscar needs to take drastic action to reverse the steps backward the company took under Jeff.

This is an important point in the history of United, and I can only hope that Oscar will do what needs to be done. It may be unpopular for him to focus on employees instead of customers and profits, but the employees have been ignored for so long it is necessary. Customer loyalty is one of the most important metrics for an airline, and one of the best ways to retain customers is by exposing them to people who are happy and proud to work for United. Just look at Southwest.

Also, fix the Airbus 319/320 seating. It is hands down the most uncomfortable aircraft I have ever ridden in. I'd rather fly on an ERJ or CRJ.

[Edited 2015-09-08 23:47:18]
The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not
been reviewed or approved by my employer.

wxmeddler

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 am

New contracts for FA's and ground staff. Be the better company to work for, even if it means a short term drop in profits. It will make dividends as passengers come around to a new corporate culture.

Match seating to the economic climate; lavish first/business class, lower fares and cram economy without reducing level of quality of service (ie. they're still humans and can write bad reviews and tell friends!)

For gosh sakes, raise the on-time percentage; they are 8 points behind Delta and 4 points behind AA with the highest "excessive delay" and cancellation rate out of the big 3 US carriers.

Reduce dependence on ORD for domestic...    seriously though, ORD is fine for INTL flights (esp for polar routes), and midwestern regionals but for general domestic transfer hub, it's a madhouse that can easily get bogged down. I propose DEN or IAH as a suitable alternative.

[Edited 2015-09-09 00:01:42]

CALMSP

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:15 am

Quoting wxmeddler (Reply 20):

lavish first class? What economic climate is this? You take away the ME3, and first class is going bye felicia.

afcjets

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:16 am

Increase the number of legacy aircraft from one. At least bring back the tulip in both the battleship gray color and the horizon cheatlines with white fuselage too, and also bring in a retro Continental one. While the current CO one is associated with the best of times for CO, unfortunately it is too reminiscent of the worst of United which is now. Keep one though when it is time for new paint fleetwide and then come up with a new identity. IMO it is better to make some progress on fixing things before rebranding, otherwise it's just lipstick on a pig.

[Edited 2015-09-09 00:21:06]

Max Q

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:28 am

I agree it is time for a new livery.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

ordbosewr

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Quoting wxmeddler (Reply 16):
New contracts for FA's and ground staff. Be the better company to work for, even if it means a short term drop in profits. It will make dividends as passengers come around to a new corporate culture.

While all of this is great, I think that his #1 priority should be listening for at least a few weeks.
If they can negotiate contracts that are good terms for everyone, then great, but he needs to listen to understand what should be changed.
I asked a new executive entering my company (SVP-level) what his 90 plan was and his response was to listen. If you make decisions to quickly then you risk making very poor decisions. You need to first understand were the organization is then make decisions, nothing should be made knee-jerk.
There were decisions made previously, you need to understand them and why they did what they did. Maybe we all would not agree with them but they did for various reasons (financial or other).
As a Board member I am sure he was provided regular updates on the negotiations with labor, I am sure he has at least a summary of the status, if not key talking points on the major areas of disagreement.

crazytoaster

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 19):
I agree it is time for a new livery.

I'd like them to focus on employee relations and customer service first. Once / if they do that then create a new livery that would embody the new United (give it a couple years...)

They also need to come up with a clear strategy, right now they are just following whatever DL does. Would like to see some differentiation. As for the title question, first 90 days I think he already outlined what he was going to do in one of the releases. Fly around the network and interact with employees at all levels, sounds decent enough to me.
DEN homebase. Frequent traveler to IND and RNO.

IAHWorldflyer

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 pm

I agree with the listening part. But much of what he's going to hear internally is the sad state of management/labor relations. Contracts with the FA's and Mechanics do need to be a priority so that customers don't need to deal with ticked off employees.
Second, Smisek's outsourcing of ground staff at the outstations is good for the bottom line, but not for customer service. If you've ever had IRROPS at some small outstation, and you're a reader of this forum, chances are you know more about how to fix the problems than some of the forward facing staff members. There's just got to be better training for these people, so that you don't have "employees" who look like idiots to your valuable customers.
I fly UA much of time. Look at my screen name to see where I live. It's not always a choice. Mostly, they do a great job of getting me where I need to go at convenient times and on clean, new aircraft. But there's still a lack of empathetic service from many of the employees that I encounter. That needs to be fixed soon. Re-painting planes can wait a while.

enilria

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Quoting AWACSooner (Reply 7):
Take away Smisek's golden parachute!

I agree, BUT with that parachute comes the clause from the other thread that says both agree not to incriminate the other. If you took away Smisek's parachute then he could be a witness for the govt against UA. That's not something UA wants.

Max Q

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Cancel the A350 and order the 777-9, a real 747 replacement !
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

cxb744

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:42 pm

If anybody had bothered to dig a little around the internet you would find the answer.

He's planning to be out in the field meeting employees and listening to them.
To me that's a 180 degree turn.
Wall Street just lost its f$%k buddy. HURRAY!!!!
What is it? It's A 747-400, but that's not important right now.

SonomaFlyer

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:47 pm

As was mentioned earlier, the new CEO needs to go on a listening tour. Though I'm sure he has a certain perspective as a BoD member, being a (hopefully) hands-on CEO is a different ballgame.

I hope first and foremost, he addresses the disconnect between management and the line employee. I can't think of too many large companies that have such a gap in understanding each other and working together. The two outstanding contracts need to be resolved and the integration finally completed.

Re-branding can wait. They need to harmonize what they have and look at how competitive they are in C class. If they stack up their product to the current "gold standard" product Delta (and now AA with their new C class), they don't compare well. F class is going away anyway so I hope they focus instead on a revamped C class and introduce a true premium economy for International flights to distinguish themselves from AA and DL and favorably compare to their considerable foreign competition for TPAC and TATL passengers.

An upswing in the economy and low fuel prices have masked UA's under performance. They've squandered a superior network and bungled at a time when they could be exceeding DL in profits. However, that takes a focused and talented management team and the leadership at the top was lacking.

MaverickM11

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Quoting ua900 (Reply 8):
Quoting afcjets (Reply 10):

As always, a.net is clueless. A.net seriously wants UA to lose hundreds of millions of dollars.
I don't take responsibility at all

BC77008

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Move the headquarters back to Houston. Get a new livery but keep the globe as it's literally everywhere now. Make bid for Alaska Airlines and merge, if not then open SEA hub to compete with DL and AS. Close EWR out of disgrace and embarrassment and apologize to the community.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!

drerx7

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:06 pm

Quoting BC77008 (Reply 28):
Move the headquarters back to Houston. Get a new livery but keep the globe as it's literally everywhere now.

As much as I'd like that to happen. ..they aren't going to break that lease at Willis...financially it wouldn't make sense.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

airzim

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:19 pm

A new CEO is going to make no difference to United until the employees get their proverbial heads out of their collective behinds and work toward the future company.

Shed the legacy, shed the baggage, and shed the rose coloured past that never really existed.

But given United's history, I seriously doubt this will happen in the near future.

IrishAyes

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Read From Worst to First.

All of the logic still applies. And, UA doesn't have to deal with issues like a glut of competition, high fuel prices and lack of profitability.

Operationally and organizationally, however, UA has its work cut out for them. Only once they solve these issues can they start to win back top-tier customers.

Ronaldo747

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Guys, UA has other problems than the livery. It is not that bad to urgency repaint the whole fleet again. That would be ridiculous and dumb.

Quoting Max Q (Reply 24):
Cancel the A350 and order the 777-9, a real 747 replacement !

With existing big 772, 787 fleets and incoming 77W, the A350 order is nonsense. They should change them into A321neo.

hiflyer

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:41 pm

1 Do not delay removing senior mgt that are involved...quicker the better for the longer run.
2 Immediately sign with Amadeus for its computer system.
3 remove the deathstar logo on the tail...just a stylized U in gold will be easy/cheap as a decal
4 paint the bellies blue as wear requires.
5 Get rid of those freaking wings on the pilots hats (grin...pointy tips? )

and yes...dump the A350 order

[Edited 2015-09-09 07:43:50]

holzmann

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:45 pm

UA is going nowhere without motivated employees. Friendly ones. For real friendly. Not just marketing friendly.

I would do whatever it takes to achieve this first goal. I wouldn't paint planes. I would considering trimming the order books. No one cares what the livery looks like if the front-line personnel act (and look) like they hate what they are doing. UA FAs are the most UNfriendly I have ever encountered.

So I would put employees first.

Second: Look at the fleet. Position hubs and AC where people go now and where they want to go in the future. Use what you have. Maintain what you have. Use the low fuel prices to your advantage. Don't worry about buying all the new stuff. Yet. Make sure what you do have works.

Third: I would streamline my product with existing inventory and orders. Decide on a 2 or 3 class product and go with it company wide. I would also then streamline my brand. UA needs a comfortable, attractive "common look and feel" across the board, from check-in counters to livery to IFE platform to website and beyond. Put out a vision that ALL employees can unify behind.

Fourth: Don't mess with your FF program as Delta has done. Keep MileagePlus the way it is.

Once you are comfortably back in the black with the above, then start tweaking with money to spend: new planes, new livery, new uniforms, new meal service, etc.
DISCLAIMER: Airliners.net is an AIRBUS forum. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, if it has considered doing so in the past, should in no way consider supporting this website.

jayunited

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:54 pm

I think first and foremost before UA does anything else UA must deal with their employee issues and employee morale. If UA is ever going to rise from the dumps it starts with the greatest asset the company has its employees. He has to find a way to make employees care again, to not just come to work to collect a pay check but come to work with a smile and a positive attitude ready and willing to serve and help each and every customer.

Get the FA's a combined contract God know's this single issue kills UA every time any station or hub experiences IRROPS, we have the aircraft there to recover the operation after the event that caused the IRROPS has pass but we end up canceling a lot more flights than our competitors because we don't have the rights FA's in place to work the flight because either the sCO or sUA FA's have timed out. UA has allowed this issues to drag out for far to long it needs to be rectified ASAP because our customers are the ones paying the ultimate price when their flights are canceled.

UA needs to learn to listen to their customers and make the appropriate changes. I think there is a huge disconnect between the executives at WHQ and their customer base. Just from reading some of the crap that gets posted on Flying Together when I compare it with articles written and posted online (excluding a.netters) the number of negative articles far exceeded the number of positive and UA loves to relish in the positive but they seem to always disregard the negative or they come up with an excuse as to why this happened. If UA is going to improve UA must face the some hard truths and once of those truth is UA is one of the worst airlines in the U.S. The facts are out of the 4 legacy carriers UA ranks last or second to last in most if not every major category. Smisek would always ignore all of these statistics a company can not ignore facts and expect to improve.

UA desperately needs more narrow body mainline aircraft. We still have the smallest mainline narrow body fleet compared to both AA and DL. If Munoz is in agreement with getting rid of first class then he needs to get rid of economy plus on all international wide body aircraft and replace it with a true premium economy product when UA finally introduces the new business class product and make sure the new business class seat is ready for launch when the 77W is delivered. I still don't understand why the product was not ready for launch on the 788 or at the very least when the 789 joined the fleet. UA was years into this merger when both those aircraft were delivered and UA can not afford to launch yet another new fleet type with the same tired, old and dated business class seat. Get on top of this Munoz that product must be onboard when the first 77W is delivered to UA no more excuses no more mediocrity get it done in time for the delivery of the first 77W. Then roll the product out on all international wide body aircraft set a realistic goal and meet that goal it should take 5 years for the entire international wide body fleet to be retrofitted. The only fleet I probably would exclude would be the 744 fleet because we know that fleet is already being and will continue to be retired over the next few years.

777ord

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Simple....

Do the EXACT opposite of what Smisek did.

harim

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Quoting Green12324 (Reply 15):
Manageme/nt is good at lip service, but when it comes to delivering on promises it is obvious that no one cares.

Too much of that going around.....sadly!

SkyTeamTriStar

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Make an INVESTMENT in the employees'. Everybody wants to feel important and their time put-into the company, matters. (Just look at what DL has done…)

Happy employees' make happy customers. Steal the playbook from the guy at the top.

ldvaviation

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 27):
As always, a.net is clueless. A.net seriously wants UA to lose hundreds of millions of dollars.

Add three more items to your list...

Quoting BC77008 (Reply 28):
Make bid for Alaska Airlines and merge, if not then open SEA hub to compete with DL and AS. Close EWR out of disgrace and embarrassment and apologize to the community.

OzarkD9S

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:38 pm

One analyst has his own list. Some of which has been mentioned here already:

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/09/...-oscar-munoz-to-do-list-at-united/
Next up: STL DEN PSP DEN STL

afcjets

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Quoting afcjets (Reply 10):Get back into JFK and increase your presence at MIA.

Just so you know barring Hawaiian Air, Hawaii has historically been a loss leader for every airline including United. Do you think UA should retreat from there as well or they should have in the past? Could you imagine if AA had retreated from SFO and instead solely focused on SJC and OAK had they developed SJC into a meg-hub? Or if they abandoned IAH and consolidated at Hobby (even though it's not a hub)? Did you also know that one of AA's biggest money losers has for years if not decades has been JFK-LAX? Do you think AA should pull out of there too? IMO the world's second largest airline should have a presence at the premiere longhaul airport in the largest city in the country they are based in and also needs to have more than a few Express flights to their largest hub year round from an important market like MIA which has more airlines than any airport in the Western hemisphere. Perhaps you were including yourself when you said a.net is clueless, or we just disagree, which would have been a more respectful way to respond.

[Edited 2015-09-09 09:25:03]

a380787

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Quoting ua900 (Reply 8):

1. Unite United
2. Revive the brand (doesn't have to be a tulip, just inject some live and character into the blandest brand in aviation)
4. Invest in something better than the 739
5. Invest in more flat bed service within region 1

I agree #1 and 2 are major priorities. GS is getting a lot of preferential treatment already, including things like Benz tarmac transfer similar to what HON Circle gets at FRA/MUC (I rode it once in MUC during torrential rain it was awesome). GF isn't coming back even with the new management unless the numbers can really prove it.

Regarding #4, 739 itself isn't the problem, it's what hard product they install inside it. I don't need AVOD but WiFi, streaming, plus DirecTV would be sufficient.

As for #5, isn't UA already flying the most intra-region-1 flat beds out of all the carriers ? Transcon, Hawaii, and soon, some hub-to-hub.

greenair727

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Restore the CLE market/hub. Currently that city of 3.5M pax take DL or AA or any airline to avoid UA if they have to connect anyway. (And I don't blame them!)

ORD Boy 2

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:27 pm

CLE might need a ramp up (was just there a few weeks back and great staff) but a full hub restore?

727LOVER

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Quoting greenair727 (Reply 43):
Restore the CLE market/hub

If CLE was losing money, then WHY????  
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

greenair727

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:36 pm

CLE wasn't losing money. UA diverted connections to ORD and EWR, even IAD, when logical itineraries (such as DTW to PIT) made more sense to use CLE. CO had the hub for years and renewed its lease only a few years ago. If CLE was a money loser, then CO would not have re-upped.

green12324

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:40 pm

What are your recommendations?

In other news, I have been seeing a lot of people who think a re-branding isn't necessary. I agree that it should be put on the back burner until United is in a better place, but I do think it would be beneficial to re-brand the airline if Oscar Munoz is successful. The costs would be high, especially considering the fleet just got repainted, but United has the money right now. Put some aside for when the time has come.
The views expressed in this post are my own. They have not
been reviewed or approved by my employer.

drerx7

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:41 pm

Quoting greenair727 (Reply 46):
. If CLE was a money loser, then CO would not have re-upped.

It was a money loser for Continental too. Once ERJS economics fell out of favor. That was all she wrote. Continental was there because the other airports in the region with far superior economics were taken. Clevelandwould provide value to the system when you have IAD, EWR, and ORD surrounding it, and it has the last favorable o&d of them all
HOUSTON, TEXAS

DocLightning

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:45 pm

In the first 90 days he should:
*Settle ourstanding contracts.
*Get some serious employee feedback on what needs to be improved at UA to help them do their job.
*Get some serious customer feedback on what needs to be improved at UA.
*Gather his advisors and figure out ways to implement plans to unify the fleet and its product.
*Engage the service of a branding firm like Lippincott or Landor to begin studying what sort of brand refresh/makeover could be done.

A new visual identity is a project that, when fast-tracked, takes 12-18 months. He can't snap his fingers and "bring back the tulip." Part of a potential new brand might be first pitching it to employees. For example, they could have an "earn the golden globe" or "earn the tulip" campaign in which they set targets for various employee groups to meet as a condition of the new identity. But I promise you that "Rising Blue," as pretty as it was, is dead.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos