kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 17/15: The Final Quarter

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:38 am

Good morning folks and welcome to 17/15:

Just a little precis of the highlights from the last thread:
- Aran Island route: Govt to start process again.
- Indian PM visits Dublin
- Historic day for the New World: finally the US is linked to Cork!
- Virgin "Little Red" ends; aircraft return to DUB for repainting; EI-EZV to enter EI service.

So, what have we to look forward to this month:

- Hopefully an announcement about EI's t/a plans for next Summer
- Winter schedule coming in; EY replacing double daily service with one 777
- Cityjet new equipment order
- More progress on runway plans?
- More information on rail link to airport?

Anyway, as they say in our native tongue, "go mbeirimid anseo ag an am seo aris"; keep safe and happy flying!

Here's a link to the previous thread: Irish 16/15: Flying From Strength To Strength! (by kaitak Sep 7 2015 in Civil Aviation)

kaitak
Topic Author

RE: Irish 17/15: The Final Quarter

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 am

Looks like EI-LBR had a hydraulic issue at JFK last night; returned shortly after takeoff for SNN. Landing fast, but safely. All pax ok, deplaned normally, but "small fire" reported in MLG, due to high energy braking.

Will probably be out of action for a few days.

http://pix11.com/2015/09/28/aer-ling...after-reported-hydraulic-problems/

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:07 am

The Government is set to announce €27bn in funding for spending on capital projects from 2016 to 2021.

A rail link from Dublin city centre to Dublin Airport and on to Swords will form the centre piece of the transport plan.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0929/731010-capital-spending-politics/

AmricanShamrok

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 188):
I'm guessing that DUB-MIA would have significant cargo opportunities, the 757 probably wouldn't be the best choice. Even with an additional 757 in the fleet is there capacity to operate to MIA? I assume that the acquired 757 might operate the daytime JFK, again assuming that it comes back.

Plot twist: MIA will not be announced as EI's new east coast destination for next summer.* Therefore, my bet is on LAX and PHL (taking it over from AA) or DFW (not technically east coast, but still).

*source: somebody "in the know" who would not give any further details

bx737

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Quoting AmricanShamrok (Reply 3):

In that case, how about Fort Lauderdale for the East Coast destination. It has been rumoured, mind you so too has Philadelphia. We will continue to wait for the announcement that was originally rumoured to be made in the last week of September.

Clydenairways

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I

Plot twist: MIA will not be announced as EI's new east coast destination for next summer.* Therefore, my bet is on LAX and PHL (taking it over from AA) or DFW (not technically east coast, but still).

I think they will play it safe and go for LAX and PHL.

Meanwhile the likes of Icelandair continue to expand beyond the traditional markets.

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:01 pm

Revealed: The 19 minute journey from Dublin City to Airport on Metro

Passengers will be able to travel from Dublin City Centre to the airport in 19 minutes on the long-awaited Metro North, Independent.ie can exclusively reveal.

The Government’s €27bn Capital plan project will also see the DART expanded and major improvements to bus corridors in the Greater Dublin area.
Transport Minister Paschal Donohoe today said the metro will be operational from 2026.

“The revised lower cost new Metro North will be a 16.5km light rail line connecting St Stephen’s Green to Swords, via Dublin Airport. It is expected that construction of the project would commence in 2021 with a view to delivery by 2026/27,” he said.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-to-airport-on-metro-31567400.html

JAmie2k9

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Quote EI Rules:

"DL are notorious for equipment and schedule changes at the best of times.

On another note, had a fantastic flight with the much maligned AC Rouge today. Booked Premium Rouge to YYZ which was about €300 more than economy. Food & beverages plentiful and of good quality, crew were excellent and seat very acceptable for the length of flight. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them"

AC Rouge seem to do really well in Premium, not many seats go unsold. I have flown with them and they are not that bad either. Would be nice if they moved or even TS/EI moved some capacity away from YYZ.

Fantastic news about the Metro, just a shame its been announced 5 years before construction.

To be honest I think MIA has been dead in the water for a long time going by previous EI comments.

What do people think about them taking CLT off AA, the reason I say this is because EI have a better cost base and it could suit EI more than AA. For some reason I will be surprised if AA exit PHL but I could see them exiting JFK/CLT.

dstc47

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 6):
The revised lower cost new Metro North will be a 16.5km light rail line connecting St Stephen’s Green to Swords, via Dublin Airport. It is expected that construction of the project would commence in 2021 with a view to delivery by 2026/27

So only eleven years to wait then, subject to any unforeseen delay due to archaeology, ground conditions or any other causes.

Disturbing news from Toronto, where an airport to down town rail link opened recently to overwhelming lack of interest, the frequent service is mostly running near empty and is averaging only 2,500 riders each day. Of course they hope it will increase.
Ridership has been a controversial issue since the airport rail link started operating in June this year. Critics claim that at $27.50 for a one-way trip ($19 with a Card), the service is supposed to be too expensive to attract passengers, despite considerable local traffic congestion. Don't know what a current taxi from Pearson would cost but as it is a long way out, presumably far more.

EIDL

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Fares on MN wouldn't be that high!

Without DART Underground it fails to have any meaningful mainline rail connections - just the Maynooth line and a double change via the luas otherwise

BestWestern

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:27 pm

The metro north is a political football that must now be on its fifth announcement - more frequent than the trains on the line at this rate. T1 was built with a underground station - shows you how long ago this protect is in gestation.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Quoting EIDL (Reply 9):
Fares on MN wouldn't be that high!

I would guess around €6-8 or Im hoping   Maybe some combo tickets/day tickets. Well thats the way it should be anyway.

Clydenairways

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 6):
“The revised lower cost new Metro North will be a 16.5km light rail line connecting St Stephen’s Green to Swords, via Dublin Airport. It is expected that construction of the project would commence in 2021 with a view to delivery by 2026/27,” he said.

Another can kicking exercise, this announcement means nothing as they have pushed it beyond the the next two elections.

YXXMIKE

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Quoting dstc47 (Reply 8):
Ridership has been a controversial issue since the airport rail link started operating in June this year. Critics claim that at $27.50 for a one-way trip ($19 with a Card), the service is supposed to be too expensive to attract passengers, despite considerable local traffic congestion. Don't know what a current taxi from Pearson would cost but as it is a long way out, presumably far more.
Quoting OA260 (Reply 11):
I would guess around €6-8 or Im hoping Maybe some combo tickets/day tickets. Well thats the way it should be anyway.

I'll admit that I'm not an expert on fare structures for public transport but have worked in the industry and understand how prices come together and how the perception around each pricing band impacts a travelers purchasing habits. I can tell you right now that what Toronto did with their service is suicide...it's bound to fail and ensures that taxi journey's etc. are the norm until it changes.

Whomever put that pricing structure together forgot to think about how travelers think about onward ground connections completely (Is it reliable? Is it affordable? How does it compare to local taxi prices?) and how that mentality can change when a price is perceived to be "too expensive". If the MN hits the that 6-8 euro mark it'll do quite well as it's faster and more reliable than a bus, should offer fairly seamless connections within the city (depending how well they tie existing public transport infrastructure together on this one!) and most importantly will provide good value for money and reliability.

So only eleven years to wait then, subject to any unforeseen delay due to archaeology, ground conditions or any other causes.

Not completely unreasonable time frame for something that will rip up large parts of the city. This will require some serious public consultation and will be firmly in the public eye from start to finish. I believe it should be accelerated in an attempt to try and marry it up with the RWC 2023 bid but that kind of contradicts what I just said!!

Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 7):
On another note, had a fantastic flight with the much maligned AC Rouge today. Booked Premium Rouge to YYZ which was about €300 more than economy. Food & beverages plentiful and of good quality, crew were excellent and seat very acceptable for the length of flight. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them"

Thanks for the feedback, was thinking about flying with them out of Glasgow next summer in Premium so that's helpful! Is there IFE in Premium or is it bring your own there as well?

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Quoting YXXMIKE (Reply 13):
Not completely unreasonable time frame for something that will rip up large parts of the city.

True although Irish governments have been dragging their heels for the last decade and more so its just a shame that none of them had the balls to fast track it through when the Celtic boom ( or so they called it ) was on. Money was thrown away and wasted. We should have had this project years ago. I guess people are frustrated we will have to wait another long period before we see it in action.

teahan

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Quoting YXXMIKE (Reply 13):
Not completely unreasonable time frame for something that will rip up large parts of the city. This will require some serious public consultation and will be firmly in the public eye from start to finish. I believe it should be accelerated in an attempt to try and marry it up with the RWC 2023 bid but that kind of contradicts what I just said!!

A properly planned construction project shouldn't rip up much at all. Anyway, what is temporary disruption compared to decades of benefits...?
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

BrianDromey

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Maybe for one, but when 2 or more are involved it becomes a no-hoper. My parents and sister were in Toronto recently, from the Airport to their hotel was cheaper by Taxi than by rail and less hassle too. The YYZ train is an outrageous price and only makes sense for solo travellers on an expense account...who would get a taxi anyway!

Quoting OA260 (Reply 11):
I would guess around €6-8 or Im hoping   Maybe some combo tickets/day tickets. Well thats the way it should be anyway.

Probably closer to 10-12 Euro, 15-18 return, I'd say, remember it'll almost be 2030 by the time it opens! It should work with Leap / NFC / Inbuilt bio-chip or whatever technology we will be using by then to pay for things!

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm delighted to hear this news, as well as of course the large investment figure; that's a hell of a lot of money. I must have a look at the details. Is the new runway included in this, or is that regarded as a DAA issue alone?

As for EI and it's planned routes, I hope they don't go for PHL, because that would push AA out. The objective should be to build hubbing opportunities out of DUB; by all means, add an EI codeshare to PHL (and CLT), but I'd like to see them add a new route, and I think MIA would be an ideal one, given that it's a major AA hub for Latin America and our (legal!) business and commercial links with that part of the world need a strong boost.

If AA/EI won't do it, then maybe the govt should offer this as a possible fifth freedom route to another carrier (that in itself might push EI to commit itself!)

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 16):
Probably closer to 10-12 Euro, 15-18 return, I'd say, remember it'll almost be 2030 by the time it opens!

Haha true . Nearly as long as the next Lunar Eclipse. Who knows where we will be then and maybe the cost will be IR£12   

JAmie2k9

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 16):
Probably closer to 10-12i Euro, 15-18 return, I'd say, remember it'll almost be 2030 by the time it opens! It should work with Leap / NFC / Inbuilt bio-chip or whatever technology we will be using by then to pay for things!

Really, it's only 5.50 return to Taillight on the Luas. I think 8 euro return is realistic at most 10 euro

I also product that the company who run Luas will run this also.

[Edited 2015-09-29 11:03:16]

ClassicLover

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Disturbing news from Toronto, where an airport to down town rail link opened recently to overwhelming lack of interest, the frequent service is mostly running near empty and is averaging only 2,500 riders each day. Of course they hope it will increase.

Sydney had the same problem when they opened the airport heavy rail line in the 1990s. The fares were extortion to any of those stations. After many years the fares were reduced, the Government bought out the private partner and so on.

For Dublin it shouldn't cost more than what the Aircoach and Dublin Bus charge to the airport.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Miami

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 7):
To be honest I think MIA has been dead in the water for a long time going by previous EI comments.

But not too long ago, Aer Lingus has said they are considering MIA.

Quote:
Aer Lingus expanded its services to North America this summer and under IAG ownership is set to add two more transatlantic services next year.

The Dublin-Los Angeles route is likely to restart, while another new service will target the US east coast. Cities including Philadelphia and Miami are likely candidates for a new service.
Quote:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh said the airline is planning a number of new customer initiatives, and is also eyeing additional services to Orlando next year, and possibly a service to Miami.
Quote:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh said that Miami is one city that may be of interest to the airline.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

YXXMIKE

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 14):
True although Irish governments have been dragging their heels for the last decade and more so its just a shame that none of them had the balls to fast track it through when the Celtic boom ( or so they called it ) was on. Money was thrown away and wasted. We should have had this project years ago. I guess people are frustrated we will have to wait another long period before we see it in action.

I do remember when I was living in Dublin (05 - 07) and this was being talked about so I do get that it should have been online years ago! Politicians and high profile transport projects...they should be banned from talking about stuff they really don't understand the basics of!

Quoting teahan (Reply 15):
A properly planned construction project shouldn't rip up much at all. Anyway, what is temporary disruption compared to decades of benefits...?

Depends on which route they decide to go but building a metro is not an easy project. If they decide to go cut and cover then it can get quite messy and cause some serious challenges down whichever corridor is used. If it's tunneled then it costs more but tends to be quite a bit more expensive. So pick your poison on a project of this nature; either way it'll create jobs and will probably help the property prices on the north side of Dublin when it is completed and as you say; decades of benefits thereafter.

shamrock604

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 am

Metro North is not a dedicated Airport Rail Link - it's simply a commuter service that will pass through the airport.

As such, it is very unlikely to have a fare structure any different to Luas - in fact, it will probably be them who operate the system.

OA260

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 am

Quoting YXXMIKE (Reply 22):
Depends on which route they decide to go but building a metro is not an easy project.

It certainly will be interesting to see what they find along the way. I followed the building of the Athens Metro back in the 90's and everyday artefacts were dug up. Obviously a far superior and labour intensive project but despite a decade of building and roads closed it is a vital system in todays infrastructure. Just like the rail link to the airport it has also been key to tourism benefits too not to mention reduction in pollution and cars on the roads.

As Dublin grows and the airport too a rail link will be vital to cope with the congestion.

A map of the route :

stratocruiser

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 am

Quoting bx737 (Reply 4):

As EI is not yet a member of One World, why would AA just give up what is presumably a well-performing route to them? I could possibly see some arrangement being reached once/if EI rejoin One World, but not necessarily at this stage. Not sure if the market to PHL would support EI as an additional carrier but perhaps it might given the size of the city.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 18):
PHL, because that would push AA out. The objective should be to build hubbing opportunities out of DUB; by all means, add an EI codeshare to PHL (and CLT), but I'd like to see them add a new route, and I think MIA would be an ideal one, given that it's a major AA hub for Latin America and our (legal!) business and commercial links with th

I agree that code sharing on the existing AA DUB routes would be the way to go while utilising new capacity to add new routes and further develop the DUB hub. For this reason LAX (huge population in the metropolitan area) and MIA (big tourism potential in addition to the availability of many connections to the Caribbean, Central and South America with AA and other carriers) seem like the most viable next destinations. There are also a number of large metropolitan areas in the northeast US such as Cleveland and Pittsburg, to name just two, which used to have direct flights to London but no longer do so and which would seem to be ripe for development using 757s through a DUB hub offering connections to the UK and Europe. In addition these cities have a large Irish diaspora which should provide a reasonable amount of O & D traffic. EI really need to undertake a period of continued serious development of the DUB hub over the next few years to grow it to a size which will viably support a good network of convenient connecting flights to the UK and Europe.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:45 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 21):
But not too long ago, Aer Lingus has said they are considering MIA (...) "Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh said that Miami is one city that may be of interest to the airline."

Apparently, not anymore. Maybe YUL is a contender, to be served with a 757?

OA260

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:33 pm

In a first for an Irish airport, Ireland West Airport has launched a new innovative online TV Channel. 'Airport TV' will broadcast the latest airport news, live events as they happen & offer an insight into the day to day operations of a major International airport. Regular monthly features will include the travel experiences of passengers who use the airport, holiday reviews of our 21 International destinations, as well as a showcase of our local food/gift producers & tourism providers from across the West of Ireland. Airport TV can be viewed on the following channels:

irelandwestairport.com/airporttv
www.facebook.com/irelandwestknock
www.youtube.com/irelandwestknock

ClassicLover

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Quoting shamrock604 (Reply 23):
Metro North is not a dedicated Airport Rail Link - it's simply a commuter service that will pass through the airport.

As such, it is very unlikely to have a fare structure any different to Luas - in fact, it will probably be them who operate the system.

What I said before still applies - the Sydney Airport rail link was the same. A commuter line that went through the airport.

Anyone buying a ticket at the airport to go anywhere or to go from any station to one of the two airport stations were charged a stiff surcharge on their tickets.

Buying a ticket to a stop further on to circumvent the fare resulted in an invalid ticket and a fine.

Just because it's also a commuter line does not mean that the fares between certain stations can't be priced differently.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

OA260

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Quoting classiclover (Reply 28):
Just because it's also a commuter line does not mean that the fares between certain stations can't be priced differently.

Well you are correct in that regard. MAD has a ''Airport Supplement'' on the normal line. The only difference being that its the end of the line so easier to put in place where as the DUB one will go to Swords and further so how they would Police that is another matter. Not to say its impossible.

EIDL

Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Considering we deleted and banned airport supplements for taxies and don't have them on the 16 and the other normal buses, I'd be pretty certain we won't have one on MN.

OA260

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:48 pm

There is still no agreement on the extension of a contract to provide air services to the Aran Islands, it is understood.

The current deal expires at midnight.

Aer Arann has said in the absence of a revised agreement with the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, it would continue to offer a service as per normal schedules tomorrow.

The company says it will review the situation on a day-by-day basis.

A spokesman said it had decided to continue operating flights as a gesture of goodwill towards island residents.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0930/731522-aer-arann-aran-islands/

bx737

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:05 am

Interesting development:

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-enter...t-for-wet-lease-and-sale-of-blue1/

It appears from this that Cityjet will acquire CRJ900s, can these fly into LCY?

RRTrent

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:16 am

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the new EI website is now rolled out, and you can freeze fares for €5.00 EUR.

"Aer Lingus has unveiled a website upgrade that it says will "transform" the online booking process for passengers.

The new "smart website", designed by an in-house team in conjunction with external agencies, sees the airline get a jump on Ryanair - which is set to launch the latest upgrade of its own website and app in October

There is also a 'Pricelock' feature where customers can freeze quoted short-haul fares for 24 hours for €5 per flight, or reserve a transatlantic fare with a deposit."

http://www.independent.ie/life/trave...ze-fares-for-a-fiver-31570426.html

OA260

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:21 am

Quoting RRTrent (Reply 33):

Has price lock not been there for ages or was it just TATL?

RRTrent

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:51 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 34):
Has price lock not been there for ages or was it just TATL?

I knew of the TATL price lock (or something to that effect), but hadn't heard of it for short haul before.

JAmie2k9

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:36 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 34):

There for ages but for some reason I think at first it was route limited in Europe but then lifted.

wexfordflyer

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi folks,

Quick question for you all..

I have been keeping an eye on flights to NEw York for next March (hoping to head over for my 30th, for the right price!). Skyscanner and Kayak both had them today for €265/€270 - my jaw hit the ground, thought it was too good to be true and it was - any site I went to book on brought them up to over €400 once I went on the site. THe flights were combining BA/EI/VS in various combinations from DUB - JFK/EWR via LHR. SKyscanner is still showing them as €270 through eflights(dot)ie. Which allowed me through to pay, took the payment and THEN told me I need to call them to arrange to pay more as the price had gone up. Will have to call them tomorrow to get the payment refunded.

Anyway, my question is this, has anyone seen it happen like this before where flights appear to be at a certain price but then you can't actually get them for that price?

I know €400 is still V good for NY but I am unfortunately on a very tight budget so hoping to catch a sale to get a bit of a bargain, and I know 270 is unrealisitic, hence when I saw it I tried to pounce on it!

Thanks folks.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

EIDL

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Happens a lot when resellers dont use live prices

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:32 pm

For those who feel that live isn't fully lived without a visit to Cluj-Napoca, next year is your lucky year: it's one of twenty new routes being introduced by Blue Air in 2016. There will also be a new hub for the airline in Turin, so a possible new route there too?

BlueAir To Start +20 Routes Including TRN Base (by SCQ83 Oct 1 2015 in Civil Aviation)

wexfordflyer

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Quoting EIDL (Reply 38):

Thanks. I've seen that the odd time but was surprised that it was such a low price. Would it mean that it was at that price, even for a short time?
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

EIDL

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Quoting wexfordflyer (Reply 40):

Thanks. I've seen that the odd time but was surprised that it was such a low price. Would it mean that it was at that price, even for a short time?

Probably. It's low but not impossibly so.

shamrock350

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Cityjet launched their new Cork - London City flight today, I popped over for the day on the first LCY-ORK flight and returned this afternoon. There was very little fanfare at LCY, it was treated as just another flight but it appears there was plenty of celebration at Cork, and rightly so!

Loads weren't great as you'd expect, about 30 on the way out and 20 coming back but the cabin crew on both flights were superb and the standard very high. While we waited to be refuelled at LCY the male crew member chatted to passengers, offered window seats to those who wanted a view and even took our water bottles and refilled them for us! The welcome announcement was done in English with a bit of French thrown in and then done again in Irish, nice touch. During the flight the service is very similar to British Airways and Cityflyer, a small complimentary drink and snack but unlike my experiences BA they passed through the cabin not once, not twice but three times in 55 minutes offering top ups and extra snacks. The light load probably played a part in that but the overall quality of service felt streets ahead of Aer Lingus, British Airways and Flybe.

Arrived bang on time at Cork and welcomed with a water cannon salute. It was nice to see Cork a bit busier than I usually see it, been a long time since I've seen 4-5 tails lined up at the terminal!

The return was equally enjoyable, French and Irish cabin crew with same charm and friendly approach as before. Again they made three drink/snack rounds and regularly offered drink top ups and asked if we'd like to spread out across the cabin. London City is fine arriving, I was on the DLR within minutes but departing was a bit crowded, security was perfect but it was standing room only in the departure lounge! Cork a breeze as always.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p578/Kev_Andrew/IMG_5372_zpsuhdgsk2l.jpg

Delighted with this new route and I wish Cityjet and Cork Airport all the best with it!

Shamrock350

JAmie2k9

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Quoting wexfordflyer (Reply 37):

As your on a tight budget have you looked at DY ex LGW?

400 would be normal for March and make sure your return flights are not the week or so before 17 March as fares will be sky high.

Quoting shamrock350 (Reply 42):

Irish Times report's they are looking at South of France/Italy for a few routes next summer. Wouldn't expect LCY loads to pick up until winter schedule kicks in with the earlier flights.

wexfordflyer

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Quoting Jamie2k9 (Reply 43):

I haven't yet but I will have a look, thanks. I'm going the first week so far away enough from the 17th.

RRTrent

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:52 pm

City Jet have gone for the CRJ900 series aircraft and will operate on behalf of SAS. It makes sense and will probably ensure longer term survival of WX

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/n...l-of-up-to-16-.bombardiercom.html?

shamrock350

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Quoting RRTrent (Reply 45):
City Jet have gone for the CRJ900 series aircraft and will operate on behalf of SAS. It makes sense and will probably ensure longer term survival of WX

It makes sense for the SAS operation but the CRJ900 can't be their current fleet replacement, it's unable to operate into LCY. Could this help Bombardier swing CityJet towards the CSeries for their own fleet needs?

[Edited 2015-10-02 10:19:22]

OA260

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:59 pm

The first senior management change as a result of the IAG takeover will involve Aer Lingus chief financial officer Bernard Bot leaving, to be replaced by Rachael Izzard, who currently heads the finance section of IAG’s cargo operation. Bot, who joined the airline in July 2014, will leave at the end of October, we have learned.

Izzard is a long-time employee of British Airways. She joined the airline in 1996 and was appointed chief financial officer of IAG Cargo in 2013. She will report to Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh.

The IAG takeover of Aer Lingus recently completed, following months of negotiations between IAG chief executive Walsh and the key Aer Lingus shareholders, the Government and Ryanair. Close attention will now be paid to how Walsh puts in place new structures at his latest subsidiary and what degree of “flight control” will be exercised from London.
Bot has had a rewarding time in Ireland. He leaves after having become entitled to a significant payout as a result of the takeover. When he was recruited from TNT Express in the Netherlands, he was granted share options on 223,000 shares as part of his joining package. The takeover values these at more than €500,000. Not bad after little more than a year in the position.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/a...tures-after-iag-takeover-1.2373392

RRTrent

Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Quoting shamrock350 (Reply 46):
It makes sense for the SAS operation but the CRJ900 can't be their current fleet replacement, it's unable to operate into LCY.

Thats very true. Might Bombardier have offered a good deal/options on the C-series, or vice versa?

OA260

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 am

Aer Lingus flight forced to return to Dublin due to fumes

An Aer Lingus plane on a flight to Munich turned back this morning after a report of fumes in the cabin.

Flight EI 352, with 148 passenger on board, left Dublin Airport at about 7.20am but turned back and landed at Dublin shortly after 8am.

Emergency services were in attendance when the plane landed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1003/732133-aer-lingus-flight-turn-bacl/

Looks like it was EI-DVJ and then pax were put onto EI-DES .

[Edited 2015-10-03 04:21:24]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos