dubaiamman243
Topic Author

EK New Advertisement Feat. Jennifer Aniston

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Tomorrow 5OCT15, at 5pm UAE local time, Emirates​ will be launching its new advertisement featuring Jennifer Aniston​ worldwide

source: Emirates Airline Twitter account. www.twitter.com/emirates
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:

L0VE2FLY

RE: EK New Advertisement Feat. Jennifer Aniston

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:00 am

I thought celebs with flying phobia were not allowed to promote airlines!  

AirIndia

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:33 am

su184

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:04 am

I do get a feeling they are pointing to a specific airline with that uniform

IndianicWorld

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:52 am

I really like it. It's a well crafted ad IMHO.

OA260

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am

Got the link in a email from Skywards this morning. Not a bad advert.  

sq_ek_freak

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 pm

A bit disappointed to be honest, feel like its negative and would have preferred to have been done with a more positive tone with a bit more of a "upscale" sort of feel. Kind of like Etihad's campaigns. Aniston is as affable as ever in the spot though!
Keep Discovering

AA777223

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Quoting su184 (Reply 3):

Which one might that be? My attention to uniform design is less than accute.
A318/19/20/21, A300, A332/3, A343/6, A388, L1011, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, B722, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9, B743/4/4M, B752/3, B762/3/4, B772/E/W, B788/9, F-100, CRJ-200/700/900, ERJ-135/145/175/190, DH-8, ATR-72, DO-328, BAE-146

aa1818

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Quoting su184 (Reply 3):

Which one?
I don't recognize the US carrier referenced by the FA uniforms.

Cheers,
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

N14AZ

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Quoting AA777223 (Reply 7):
Which one might that be? My attention to uniform design is less than accute
Quoting AA1818 (Reply 8):
Which one?

Spontaneously, I thought about BA. Not that I know what kind of uniform BA uses, but the colours remind me of UK and I guess they are not competing with Aurigny Air Services....

AirPacific747

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Which one might that be? My attention to uniform design is less than accute.

To me, it looks like they are making fun of AA.

I would have preferred also a commercial where they take the high road instead of poking fun at the competition.

seahawk

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Delta, BA, LH, AF and AA all could be meant.

avi8

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 pm

I thought this was a great commercial. It has sense of humor and it depicts the difference between Emirates and the US3 without mocking or disrespecting anyone in specific.

Cool commercial,

avi8
avi8

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:36 pm

An Emirates economy passenger will be like "What bar? What shower?"
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:

bgm

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Which one?

Amerideltunited.  

The actors playing the US FAs were way too polite and friendly though...   
Less praying, more hand washing.

wingman

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:55 pm

I like it. Clearly the point is to peel premium US passengers away from their enslaving rewards programs and this attempts to drive the point home that they're not getting their money's worth. Tough pitch, but I don't mind the "attack" nature of it one bit, it's exceedingly rare to use a tactic like that in this class segment, and if anyone deserves a whack it's the US Int'l carriers.

edgaren

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Is it just me or is the bag of peanuts the flight attendant tries to hand to Jennifer Aniston a reminisce to the old Delta logo?

waly777

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:02 pm

I like the ad, should go viral and likely persuade some premium NA pax to try EK and perhaps get some loyal customers from that bunch.
The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold 2 opposed ideas in the mind concurrently, and still function

LSZH34

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:11 pm

A slap in the face for competing airlines. But EK managed once again to make me fly with other airlines that actually need my money. LH, LX, AF, BA can offer the same good flying experience. A shower is the last thing that I need and lie-flat beds in C or F is like having an iPhone nowadays as far as EU airlines are concerned. Don't know about the US3.

aa1818

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMEUutqArbo

Reminds me a bit of this ad from BA from years ago. Taking a jab at the US-based carriers.

I think this EK ad is great- a little silly, but we could all use a little more silliness in our lives.

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

AirPacific747

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Anyway it's easy to offer the level of service Etihad and Emirates offer when their employees don't have to pay taxes and when the ME3 get oil cheaper. Otherwise the service level would be similar to what we would find everywhere else.

SCQ83

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:07 pm

J. Aniston is a great choice. It reminds me of Friends', and what is more confortable than that sit-com from the 90s? Emirates link themselves with something every Westerner in their 30-40s feels very confortable with. It helps them move away from that "Arab" and foreign image that might still have for some customers in the US.

It is like a small movie that will make everyone laugh. Who hasn't been to the galley to ask something to an FA and been treated like they are doing you a favour? It is so stereotypical but so true. Jennifer Aniston flirting with a young Western male FA is extremely smart IMO. On one hand (after the galley experience) it feels like you are a "guest" in a bar. So a flight at EK is not (only) about the bed, but about experiences: shower, bar, lounge... On the other hand, a powerful Western woman flirting with a (server) man helps EK to debunk myths.

The ad is brilliant.

Rdh3e

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Quoting su184 (Reply 3):
Which one might that be?
Which one?
Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 10):
Quoting seahawk (Reply 11):
Delta, BA, LH, AF and AA all could be meant.
Quoting bgm (Reply 14):
Amerideltunited.

DL is the only US carrier that uses both Blue and Red in their logo. The FA's also have US accents so I would imagine it's aimed at Delta pretty explicitly.

LSZH34

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 21):

The hypocrisy of the west when it comes to airlines like EK, QR and EY is funny.

AirPacific747

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Quoting AirbusCanada (Reply 24):
I was about to debunk you immature comment. then again i do not want to start another ME3 vs US3 war. I will just ignore it for the shake of PEACE.

Is it immature to state the facts that the employees pay 0 tax in Qatar and the UAE? Which of course means EK, EY and QR of course can offer a lower salary to begin with and at the same time the employees have more take home money. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but of course it makes competing against airlines based in countries where employees have to pay taxes up to 50% much easier. Even you must be able to figure that out?

Why did you even post if you don't even bring anything new to the discussion?

L0VE2FLY

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Flying without a bar or a shower is a nightmare?!    Hitting a severe CAT while she's tipsy and naked in a slippery shower would be a much worse nightmare if you ask me!

Jen wants to fly for one more hour, that would never happen in real world even if she was on the largest and most luxurious private jet!

waly777

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 25):

They do not pay taxes because the country is a tax free environment. It's not just the airline's staff. Also they do offer equal or higher salaries vs western airlines.

Heck, the uae airlines spend more on staff, with decent housing allowances, free healthcare including dental for staff and immediate families, school fees...

Don't make ludicrous assumptions and try to present them as fact. Enjoy the ad and post your anti me3 bias on the next bash thread which is probably open somewhere on the forums.

I do wonder what the marketing depts reaction at the US3 carriers was, after seeing this. I do find it comical and lighthearted enough to not be offensive but potentially lure away loyal US3 flyers even if for just 1 flight....
The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold 2 opposed ideas in the mind concurrently, and still function

mfc

Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:10 pm

I really like the ad, I prefer this one over Etihad's with Nicole Kidman by far. I really enjoyed my few rides in J on the EK A380 and had the same thought: "if only this flight could take a little longer..."

Very good analysis!

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 26):
Jen wants to fly for one more hour, that would never happen in real world even if she was on the largest and most luxurious private jet!

I really enjoyed the extra 45 min flight time I had on my last MAD-DXB flight in J on the A380 due to a holding pattern. All of my family members who are not aviation geeks, or not as geek as me, felt the same. So I could imagine Jen enjoying her ride on the A380 
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:16 am

Quoting waly777 (Reply 27):
It's not just the airline's staff. Also they do offer equal or higher salaries vs western airlines.

Where did I say that it was only airline staff that enjoys taxfree income in the UAE and Qatar? So why are you mentioning it???

And no - often if you compare the wages before tax, you'll see that the ME carriers actually pay less if you look at the overall package, but they get away with it because there are no income taxes.

Quoting waly777 (Reply 27):
Don't make ludicrous assumptions and try to present them as fact. Enjoy the ad and post your anti me3 bias on the next bash thread which is probably open somewhere on the forums.

Where is the ludicruous assumption? Please post a reference to it. Now on the other hand, don't make ludicrous and false accusations about statements I didn't make.

Why do you think that I'm anti ME3? Another ludicrous and false accusation. I'm just stating the obvious.

Now go back to flying school and come back when you have real world experience in the industry.

bgm

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 am

Quoting L0VE2FLY (Reply 26):
Flying without a bar or a shower is a nightmare?!    Hitting a severe CAT while she's tipsy and naked in a slippery shower would be a much worse nightmare if you ask me!

So you're the person who would've just taken the hot towel and packet of nuts and scuttled back to your seat?  
Less praying, more hand washing.

DTWLAX

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:48 am

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 22):
DL is the only US carrier that uses both Blue and Red in their logo

So you do not see any blue and red in the AA logo?

AirIndia

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:06 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 28):
Why do you think that I'm anti ME3? Another ludicrous and false accusation. I'm just stating the obvious.

i guess the that was for this statement:

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 20):
when the ME3 get oil cheaper.

I dont see how this is an obvious, unless you can post a source that states the obvious.

often if you compare the wages before tax, you'll see that the ME carriers actually pay less if you look at the overall package, but they get away with it because there are no income taxes.

But cash in hand is higher for staff.... and that is more lucrative esp for junior staff.

J. Aniston is a great choice. It reminds me of Friends',

I agree with you. A Friends star cast has an immediate connect. Perhaps EK could fancy another campaign with the entire cast flying in on different EK flights and meeting up in Dubai for a reunion. That would be iconic.

raptor1090

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 am

Quoting waly777 (Reply 26):
They do not pay taxes because the country is a tax free environment. It's not just the airline's staff. Also they do offer equal or higher salaries vs western airlines.

Heck, the uae airlines spend more on staff, with decent housing allowances, free healthcare including dental for staff and immediate families, school fees...

I do wonder what the marketing depts reaction at the US3 carriers was, after seeing this. I do find it comical and lighthearted enough to not be offensive but potentially lure away loyal US3 flyers even if for just 1 flight....

Live in Dubai, and can confirm on the salaries aspect. Salaries in UAE in general are shit and EK can definitely get away with paying even half of what they do, but don't. They compensate very generously and no one is forcing them to maintain the level of compensation, but they do it anyway. The benefit of tax free goes to their employees and customers as much as it might benefit them.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 am

As a Y-flyer this ad does nothing to me, really.

And I'm fairly certain J/F flyers are much smarter to see beyond this ad.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

waly777

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:28 am

You specifically mention the me3 and employees not pay taxes like it was a negative aimed @ just their staff.

You further mention they get offered lower salaries and I know this is your assumption as I know for a fact this is a lie as I see my monthly salary slip. You really think there will as be as many westerners if the salary package was lower?

You further mention access to cheap oil for the me3....another misinformation with zero evidence.

Get your facts right....all your statements were simply assumptions.

It is fair to say you have an anti me3 bias when you turn a thread about an EK ad into a negative for the uae and qatar?

Also.....I do work in the industry and in the ME, sooooo
   that will be all.

Ps...any news on EK's bedroom concept for F class?

AirbusCanada

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 20):
Anyway it's easy to offer the level of service Etihad and Emirates offer when their employees don't have to pay taxes and when the ME3 get oil cheaper. Otherwise the service level would be similar to what we would find everywhere else.

According to your logic only reason ME3 can offer better product because they have a tax advantage compared to their US counter parts.

By your logic:
1. US airlines should be able to offer much better product than most European carrier because US income taxes are much more lower compared to EU.

2. Airlines operating out of high High tax region (Jetblue(JFK)/Virgin America(SFO)/AC(YYZ)) should have much lower quality of product compared US3.

NO need to debunk the cheaper oil cause it's just propaganda.

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Quoting AirIndia (Reply 31):
I dont see how this is an obvious, unless you can post a source that states the obvious.

Yes I have a source which is the terms and conditions package from Emirates. I don't think airliners.net accepts pdf files. Sorry.

Quoting waly777 (Reply 34):
You specifically mention the me3 and employees not pay taxes like it was a negative aimed @ just their staff.

Well duh. The thread is about EK which is part of the ME3. Why would it be negative aimed at their staff? Are you a little uptight?

Get your facts right....all your statements were simply assumptions.

Get your own facts right. I have my facts right on my computer directly from EK. Where are your 'facts' from? All I'm doing is comparing EK conditions with what I have in Europe right now. Before tax I make more money here than I would in EK.

Quoting AirIndia (Reply 31):
But cash in hand is higher for staff.... and that is more lucrative esp for junior staff.

Definitely. Good for them!

[Edited 2015-10-06 12:05:56]

delimit

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 10):

Those uniforms would be a step up for AA.

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Quoting AirbusCanada (Reply 35):
According to your logic only reason ME3 can offer better product because they have a tax advantage compared to their US counter parts.

By your logic:
1. US airlines should be able to offer much better product than most European carrier because US income taxes are much more lower compared to EU.

2. Airlines operating out of high High tax region (Jetblue(JFK)/Virgin America(SFO)/AC(YYZ)) should have much lower quality of product compared US3.

NO need to debunk the cheaper oil cause it's just propaganda.

1. Yes. They should be able to do that. Glad you finally understand.

2. Yes.

Propaganda why? I have nothing against the ME3 carriers, I've flown with EK a few times myself and had a good time. Even got a free upgrade.

Just stating the obvious.

Also.....I do work in the industry and in the ME, sooooo
   that will be all.

And I work in Europe and been considering EK, and been comparing what I have here to what I'd have there. Sooooo, that will be all  But now I know what your problem is. You're trying to defend your choice of going to the sandpit and you saw my comment as a personal attack. LOL sorry if I hurt your feelings.

flyenthu

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:10 pm

I like it a lot! But, I am a Y pax, so.......I'll stick with SQ's Y. What can I say?  

mugler

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 pm

someone from EY posted this on facebook   

N14AZ

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 38):
But now I know what your problem is. You're trying to defend your choice of going to the sandpit and you saw my comment as a personal attack. LOL sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Extremely unfriendly post of low quality (which will be hopefully deleted (including my reply)). Come on, deep inside you know your origninal post was simply wrong. That's why so many users have reacted to it.

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Quoting N14AZ (Reply 41):
Extremely unfriendly post of low quality (which will be hopefully deleted (including my reply)). Come on, deep inside you know your origninal post was simply wrong. That's why so many users have reacted to it.

No, my post was correct and I'd say it again.

It's easier to compete as an airline when your employees don't have to pay taxes, against airlines based in countries where employees pay up to 50% in taxes

You conveniently left out the childish posts from the other users. Now what was the point of your post? The majority of the users who responded have no idea what they're talking about. I'm in the industry - I can compare the numbers directly.

You're just another barking dog who decided to go with the flow without any facts. There's just one of the posters who claims he's working in the ME and supposedly knows something about the airlines.

Deep inside I know, that you know that your post was uncalled for.

[Edited 2015-10-06 13:24:23]

L0VE2FLY

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Quoting mfc (Reply 27):
I really enjoyed the extra 45 min flight time I had on my last MAD-DXB flight in J on the A380 due to a holding pattern. All of my family members who are not aviation geeks, or not as geek as me, felt the same. So I could imagine Jen enjoying her ride on the A380

Did you miss my first reply?! She's a nervous flyer, she'll probably be counting the seconds till her plane touches down.

Quoting bgm (Reply 29):
So you're the person who would've just taken the hot towel and packet of nuts and scuttled back to your seat?

Not exactly, but I rarely drink on the ground let alone in the air, and I certainly can endure the misery of not showering for 14 hours!  

mfc

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:31 pm

[quote=L0VE2FLY,reply=43]Did you miss my first reply?! She's a nervous flyer, she'll probably be counting the seconds till her plane touches down.[/

Yes, I missed it, sorry. I didn't know she has that problem. It seems that the bar on the A380 has been a good remedy for her phobia  
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

lightsaber

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 am

This thread has become a flame war.
Please try to be civil and take the high ground.
Archived.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos