Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

adamblang

RE: UA To Start SFO-AKL

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:53 am

United.com 2.0 for New Zealand: https://www.united.com/ual/en/nz

Sometimes you get the 1.0 site, sometimes you get the 2.0 site. It's the luck of the draw on which one the server wants to give you on any random visit.

[Edited 2015-10-08 20:55:32]

RyanairGuru

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:25 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 19):

A JV application is surely now all-but-inevitable. I have no idea what "history" you allude to, I'm not aware of any bad blood between UA and NZ, but the past is in the past and there is money to be made in the present. Corporations are a lot less emotional than posters on this site.

Quoting motorhussy (Reply 35):

I've flown United 3 times in the past 12 months from SYD to LAX/SFO, having shifted my business from QF, and I'm not looking back. The first time I was a very apprehensive little camper, I can assure you, having heard all of the horror stories, but they were over $1000 cheaper than QF and that was a saving I couldn't ignore. My heart was telling me to stay with QF, but I couldn't justify it. Well, I was blown away. The United of 2015 is very different even from the United of 2012, and certainly of a decade ago. Especially with the latest catering upgrade (the food is now really good IMHO) and the introduction of free alcohol, I think they have a solid product and one which I am very happy to fly.

Some will no doubt say that I am a bottom-of-the-barrel price conscious customer, but I dispute that. I am a value conscious customer, and there is a difference. I am more than willing to pay a premium for a premium product, which is why I stuck with QF for years. I believed, and still do, that they offer an unrivalled product in the Australia-USA market, and therefore felt that they offered a very compelling value proposition even though they are almost always the most expensive. I've now come to realise that UA are sufficiently decent that I no longer attach the same value to QF's product that I once did. Don't get me wrong, if they were the same price I'd choose QF every time, but I certainly won't buy away from United anymore.

Quoting zkncj (Reply 37):

Beer and wine are now complimentary. On my flights in July the grog was flying out of the galley, they were very liberal with the service of alcohol. More liberal than Qantas, which IMHO is saying something.

RyanairGuru

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 49):

Haterz gonna hate, I guess  

Look beyond the 1990s graphics, and the UA website has better functionality than just about any airline website I can name. It's not glamorous, but it is user friendly, much more so than NZ (or QF or VA for that matter).

Anyway I now get the new site probably 75% of the time and the old one will be retired very soon.

LAX772LR

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:40 am

Quoting modesto2 (Reply 11):
3 new long-hauls to 3 different continents.

SFO-TLV (Asia)
SFO-AKL (Australia/Oceania)
_____??

...what's the third one? Have they announced it yet?
I doubt it's Africa, so guessing Europe or S.Am?

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 33):
MIA-SYD?

They don't have anything remotely capable of opping such a flight. Not that there's a market for it anyway.

adamblang

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:44 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 53):
...what's the third one? Have they announced it yet?
I doubt it's Africa, so guessing Europe or S.Am?

SFO-XIY (Xi'an, China) from a two weeks back.

unityofsaints

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:49 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 43):
From an 6:55am arrival into AKL you should be able to connect to NZ7901 (operated by VA) which departs at 8am, gets you into SYD just after 9am.

I forgot completely about the time "gain", that actually works quite well! The outbound feels like a waste of half of a day though.

zkncj

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 am

Quoting unityofsaints (Reply 55):
I forgot completely about the time "gain", that actually works quite well! The outbound feels like a waste of half of a day though.

ex-AKL NZ probably provides the best connections for people starting there journey in Aussie.

AKL-LAX NZ04 1600 (Mon/Sat)
AKL-LAX NZ18 1720 (Sun)
AKL-LAX NZ06 1930 (Daily)
AKL-LAX NZ02 2255 (Daily)

AKL-SFO NZ14 1640 (Sat,Thu)
AKL-SFO NZ08 1945 (Daily)

AKL-IAH NZ28 1830 (Tue,Wem,Thu,Fri,Sun)

AKL-YVR NZ24 2005 (Daily)

Which does allow connections from CNS,MCY,BNE,OOL,SYD,MEL,ADL,PER where as the UA light would be limited to SYD/MEL/BNE.

NZ evening departure means you could take an afternoon flight from most east coast cities in Aussie and still connect straight away in AKL.

Example if you we're to fly SYD-LAX on the 15/12/15

UA840 1130 0630 772 14H

NZ118 1550 2100 772 > NZ02 2250 1310 77W 17H

So flying via Auckland is 3hours extra flying time, but you gain most of the day in SYD.

LAX772LR

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:28 am

Quoting DiscoverCSG (Reply 47):
A UA elite member with the ability to upgrade from Y to J on UA metal?

System-wides wouldn't work on a NZ operated codeshare?

Quoting adamblang (Reply 54):
SFO-XIY (Xi'an, China) from a two weeks back.

But that'd be 2 Asia + 1 Australia/Oceania.... he mentioned three routes on three different continents. Maybe something to S.Am?

[Edited 2015-10-08 22:31:19]

zkncj

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:33 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 57):
System-wides wouldn't work on a NZ operated codeshare?

Good luck getting an *A Upgrade on NZ, the NZs TransPac flights are very full with paying Passengers in J.

Bare in mind the NZ upgrade process works something like this.

Elite RU
Gold RU
Silver RU
Elite OneUp
Gold OneUp
Silver OneUp
Jade OneUp
*A Upgrades

B737900ER

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 am

Quoting PA110 (Reply 46):

Good Lord! Who in their right mind would suffer UA's abysmal service SFO-AKL when you can fly NZ instead

For the majority, and the majority fly Y, what's so bad about UA. Honestly, I would like to know, what makes UA so abysmal?

calpsafltskeds

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:21 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 43):
From an 6:55am arrival into AKL you should be able to connect to NZ7901 (operated by VA) which departs at 8am, gets you into SYD just after 9am.

Wouldn't you think flyers would chose the UA non-stop SFO-SYD with a 789 instead of taking a 789 via AKL?

Same for SFO-MEL take UA SFO-LAX-MEL instead of connecting in AKL.

zkncj

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 am

Quoting CALPSAFltSkeds (Reply 60):
Wouldn't you think flyers would chose the UA non-stop SFO-SYD with a 789 instead of taking a 789 via AKL?

Sometimes direct flights, sell out faster. So if you're booking late the cheapest option, is not always the fastest route.

S75752

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:51 am

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 40):

LAX is the much larger local demand market not only to AKL but entire South Pac.
Its also UAs historic gateway to S. Pac sans single SFO-SYD service.

LAX is also much more saturated, with massive frequencies from NZ and other connecting carriers, many whom offer very low prices. SFO is likely better suited for connections anyways, with shorter customs and checkin lines.

Quoting B737900ER (Reply 59):
For the majority, and the majority fly Y, what's so bad about UA. Honestly, I would like to know, what makes UA so abysmal?

Depends on Long Haul or Short Haul.

Long haul positives and negatives, not specific to this route:

+Power ports every seat
+AVOD Every seat (Except 747)
+WiFi available on almost all craft, including longhaul (Which is a great feature).
+9 Abreast 777 (for now)

-9 Abreast 787 (same as everyone)
-Very lacking meal service (Midflight snack replaced with buy-on-board for longer haul, unsure about changes to the pre-landing meal. Croissant is the second 'meal' for Europe)
-The 747

The small meal services are the biggest issue of those, especially on the 14-16 hour flights to Australia and otherwise.

If UA would get their midflight meal back in Y, keep the pre-arrival meal an actual meal (especially to Europe), and improve Buy-on-board options without making them a meal-replacement (they need to improve it domestically quite a bit as well), then they'd honestly be a pretty dang sweet Long Haul option, and with their WiFi and every seat Power, they'd really be my airline of choice. But empty stomachs on a plane are the worst.

As I say, empty bellies lead to empty satisfaction.

RyanairGuru

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 am

Quoting S75752 (Reply 62):

The second meal for USA-Australia is a hot meal in both directions

As a passenger I see the meal "enhancements" as a positive, the quality is much better than it was before. On the overnight LAX-SYD sector I didn't bother with the BOB offer, on the daylight SYD-LAX sector I did pay $10 but got a lot more food than the sandwich I got before.

S75752

Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 am

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 63):

The second meal for USA-Australia is a hot meal in both directions

It's good that they kept that the same then. I hope they kept the second hot meal for the rest of Transpacific too.

As a passenger I see the meal "enhancements" as a positive, the quality is much better than it was before.

I think the enhancements mentioned are good. just not the removal of the midflight snack completely in favor of BoB. A complimentary sandwich is better than nothing for free for sure. However, I think that having buy on board in addition to a complimentary midflight snack would be a very good call, as would having buy on board available for flights that don't have any midflight meal.

B737900ER

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:53 pm

Quoting S75752 (Reply 64):
I think the enhancements mentioned are good. just not the removal of the midflight snack completely in favor of BoB. A complimentary sandwich is better than nothing for free for sure.

I much prefer the BOB over the complimentary sandwich, and it seems most who have actually tried the service view it as an upgrade. When CO stopped their free meals at meal time there were lots of grumbles. However looking back you wonder 1. Why did I eat that cheap junk and 2. Why did they bother serving that cheap junk. That's how I view the mid flight snack now. Why bother serving something that's just compulsory when you can have the option of something of a higher quality.

S75752

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Quoting B737900ER (Reply 65):
I much prefer the BOB over the complimentary sandwich, and it seems most who have actually tried the service view it as an upgrade.

Do they actually offer more than the domeestic BoB offerings for interntional flights?

I think that a complimentary sandwich alongside BoB choices would definitely be ideal, rather than forcing BoB absolutely with no complimentary option. Especially so if they only have the unimpressive domestic offerings... Doubly so considering this is not an LCC fare in question.

Buy on board for them would make a good addition to what's complimentary, but definitely not a replacement...

aryonoco

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Flew United MEL-LAX earlier this year, and like RyanairGuru, I was also very impressed by the airline. Service was decent, the dreamliner was fun (was the first time I was logging it) and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I had previously flown to US mostly on QF, and I still like QF, but UA's prices are a lot cheaper, and really, the product was nearly as good. Glad to see all these Australiasian cities getting connections to the US.

As a Melburnian, what MEL badly needs is a direct flight to continental US to anywhere other than LAX. Right now SYD has DFW and SFO, and AKL also has SFO and soon IAH. I'd love to see AA perhaps starting MEL-DFW? Or if UA is so much stronger at SFO, is there a chance that they might move their MEL flight from LAX to SFO? I know O&D to LAX is much higher, but surely if you own a sector like MEL-SFO by yourself, and have a strong hub on the one end, that's better than competing with QF/AA in their home turf?

a380787

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Quoting aryonoco (Reply 67):

As a Melburnian, what MEL badly needs is a direct flight to continental US to anywhere other than LAX. Right now SYD has DFW and SFO, and AKL also has SFO and soon IAH. I'd love to see AA perhaps starting MEL-DFW? Or if UA is so much stronger at SFO, is there a chance that they might move their MEL flight from LAX to SFO? I know O&D to LAX is much higher, but surely if you own a sector like MEL-SFO by yourself, and have a strong hub on the one end, that's better than competing with QF/AA in their home turf?

MEL-DFW is a good 8992mi. If I were a betting man for a non-LAX exMEL flight, I'd say the odds are leaning SFO over DFW.

PA110

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:44 am

Quoting B737900ER (Reply 59):

I'm glad you mention Y, because I specifically wish to address UA's Y service. I've flown UA in Y class quite a bit lately on a mix of long and medium haul international routes.

1. Where offered, food service is completely vile.
2. If connecting domestically, there is an appalling lack of continuity of service. While IFE on the 787 fleet is comparable to international standards, it is not uniform across the UA product, ranging from bring your own device with barely functioning streaming service, to aircraft that provide streaming but no power ports, so you have no ability to charge your device before it dies or the movie ends, to a whole host of varying options depending on what aircraft type you end up on.
3. Crews vary dramatically between truly lovely (mostly HNL based) to some of the most bitchy queens I've ever encountered (IAH based). My last flight coming home from South America, one of the FAs started the flight with an attitude, and it only went downhill from there. The flight was very lightly booked and his behavior was completely uncalled for. His colleagues witnessed it and said nothing.

Sure, on any given flight, things can go swimmingly well, or horrendously bad. My experience traveling UA Y class has been mediocre at best, downright unforgivable at worst.

STT757

Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:15 pm

It's great to see post merger UA bringing back two routes from pre-bankruptcy UA, Santiago and Auckland. Also UA is tapping into pre-merger CO strengths with flights from TLV, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and the UK (outside of London) into IAD, ORD, SFO etc..

yeogeo

Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 71):
The whole undertone of your post is you being homophobic and anti gay. Got it.

Careful: you're assuming that PA110 is straight. Would you react the same if he/she were gay?
Does saying somebody's a "bitchy queen" make them anti-gay automatically?

Lets get back to the subject of aviation.

(the gay himself) yeo

United1

Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Quoting S75752 (Reply 66):

Quoting B737900ER (Reply 65):
I much prefer the BOB over the complimentary sandwich, and it seems most who have actually tried the service view it as an upgrade.

Do they actually offer more than the domeestic BoB offerings for interntional flights?

I think that a complimentary sandwich alongside BoB choices would definitely be ideal, rather than forcing BoB absolutely with no complimentary option. Especially so if they only have the unimpressive domestic offerings... Doubly so considering this is not an LCC fare in question.

Buy on board for them would make a good addition to what's complimentary, but definitely not a replacement...

UA actually upped the product a bit when they eliminated the midflight snack and replaced it with BoB on SFO/LAX-MEL/SYD. I flew LAX-SYD-SFO last month in Y+ and while Y on any airline is certainly not the ritz AVOD, WiFi and power ports all helped....

bottle of water at your seat
better/larger first meal
free wine/beer
midflight snack (or anytime if you ask) is BoB (it's the same as the domestic offerings from the snack shop)
better/larger breakfast

http://newsroom.united.com/2015-04-1...-Meals-Complimentary-Beer-and-Wine

S75752

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Quoting United1 (Reply 72):
UA actually upped the product a bit when they eliminated the midflight snack and replaced it with BoB on SFO/LAX-

I'm very curious to see a trip report from someone on the Y meal changes, if there is actually more quantity added to the first and second meals to make up for the removal of the midflight snack, or if it's just a slightly improved meal(s) with bits an pieces moved around but higher quality.

As for the buy on board, they could have at least gone with the Bistro On Board options instead of only the sad snackboxes.

Rdh3e

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Quoting S75752 (Reply 36):
and the unbelievable Buy on board replacing the midflight snack
Quoting S75752 (Reply 39):
I think they changed that with the latest meal update, which also removed the midflight snack.
Quoting S75752 (Reply 62):
If UA would get their midflight meal back in Y,
Quoting S75752 (Reply 64):
I think the enhancements mentioned are good. just not the removal of the midflight snack completely in favor of BoB.

Just reading this thread, it seems like you're very upset over the mid-flight snack. Is it truly that important? I've always been able to get something from the galley, and most people are sleeping at that point anyway.

United1

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 74):
I've always been able to get something from the galley, and most people are sleeping at that point anyway.

There is that point...I don't remember exactly when it was served but midflight westbound is about 0500 Pacific Time or 0100 in Sydney..I wasn't all that hungry. It is an odd flight that can really mess with ones clock so its nice to have something on offer but I'm not sure a large meal is all that critical especially when you are eating dinner at midnight....

B737900ER

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:27 am

Quoting United1 (Reply 75):
There is that point...I don't remember exactly when it was served but midflight westbound is about 0500 Pacific Time or 0100 in Sydney..I wasn't all that hungry. It is an odd flight that can really mess with ones clock so its nice to have something on offer but I'm not sure a large meal is all that critical especially when you are eating dinner at midnight....

Its the same flying to Europe and China. The mid flight snack is always served when most sleep. It was an incredible amount of waste.

justloveplanes

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:07 am

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 38):
I did want to share, however, a brilliant trip report that I just read re: UA's long-haul (trans-Pacific) J-class service on the 744. It is worth reading! Hopefully under its new management UA can become an outstanding carrier both in terms of hard and soft product.

I just had an excellent transpacific UA ex perience as well. A step up from a month ago, which was flat. Really good catering and service. Don't know about economy, but J will be fine.

Kiwinlondon

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:59 pm

I have just done a couple of flights with UA LHR-IAH and IAD-LHR in Y.

It was the first time I have flown them in nigh on 24 years. They weren't bad though and at half the price of VS I was happy.

Food portions were too small and no complimentary alcohol (not that I drink really anyway) were the downsides but overall a satisfactory experience.

I would fly them again without hesitation.

Kiwinlondon

tjh8402

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Quoting a380787 (Reply 6):
Not only that, but it was 2-fer whammy - virtually zero premium award seats, and 3-4-3 on NZ's 777

Not that this is good news for UA but this is perhaps the most exciting part for me. I'd love to go to NZ, but I would only ever consider it in a premium cabin, and that was pretty much an impossible award to score for anything resembling a decent price. I have 50k UA miles and something like 190k Chase UR points that can convert to UA miles, so this could now look like a real possibility.

Quoting PA110 (Reply 46):
Good Lord! Who in their right mind would suffer UA's abysmal service SFO-AKL when you can fly NZ instead?

As I mentioned above, anyone who has UA miles and wants to fly in a premium cabin. It's also good news for UA elites not just because of upgrades, but because of UA's spending requirements. UA requires you to spend a minimum amount on UA or UAX operated flights - $3k for silver, $6k for gold, $9k for platinum, and $12k for 1k. If you travelled to NZ frequently, it just got a lot easier to reach those spending marks. Dunno if you might also earn more award miles on UA as an elite. Their site doesn't make that clear and the UA flights are bookable yet so I can't do an earnings comparison. Also, since the Y seat size is essentially the same between a NZ 77W and a UA 787, the 787's comfort features will be welcome on a long haul flight. Supposedly despite the 9 abreast arrangement, several have reported on here that the 787's have become a favorite among UA flyers.

CALMSP

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Quoting Kiwinlondon (Reply 78):

free beer and wine.

NZ107

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:19 pm

As a passenger I see the meal "enhancements" as a positive, the quality is much better than it was before

Quality has barely changed on SYD-LAX. All they did was swap the decent sized "normal" lettuce salad with a quinoa or risotto based salad. A main I had in August on SYD-LAX was IDENTICAL to one I had in April 2014.

However the meal I got ex-MEL was excellent - one of the best Y mains I've had. It sounds like it comes down to the catering. But ex-SYD certainly hasn't changed. Still rather gross. And same goes with the ex-LAX meals. I had one very good main (beef bulgolgi) but I only ever saw it offered once.

Quoting S75752 (Reply 73):
I'm very curious to see a trip report from someone on the Y meal changes, if there is actually more quantity added to the first and second meals to make up for the removal of the midflight snack, or if it's just a slightly improved meal(s) with bits an pieces moved around but higher quality.

I don't have time to write trip reports anymore but I used to.

Old meal on SYD-LAX:

Lunch/dinner: Leafy salad, bun, main (usually one vegetarian option and one meat option) and a small dessert
Mid flight sandwich plus a small selection of items you can get from the galley.
Breakfast: Fruit or eggs, yoghurt, croissant

New meal on SYD-LAX:

Lunch/dinner: Maybe a pre-meal snack run with bruschetta bites. But the main lunch/dinner: quinoa based salad with a few leaves or a risotto type salad, bun and identical main as the old meal. LAX-SYD comes with extra cheese and crackers. Then as a separate run, ice cream for dessert.
Buy on board snacks plus free bruschetta bites.
Breakfast: Fruit or eggs, yoghurt, bun.

So overall, not much has changed. I was thinking they did a complete overhaul but it's much of a muchness. Quality of the food isn't any different ex SYD. As mentioned above, MEL has a really good caterer compared to SYD.

I've always been able to get something from the galley, and most people are sleeping at that point anyway.

It seems like those options have been cut by the buy on board.. When I was onboard last month, all they had were the bruschetta bite things. I just took a handful of them. UA has changed their flight timing since the introduction of LAX-MEL direct. The flights leave Australia much earlier and so that means more people are awake for longer into the flight. I think most would have to buy snacks to keep themselves satisfied until breakfast.

910A

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:06 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 70):
It's great to see post merger UA bringing back two routes from pre-bankruptcy UA, Santiago and Auckland.

SFO-AKL a pre bankruptcy route? I thought the last airline that flew this route non-stop was PanAm.

United1

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 am

Quoting 910A (Reply 82):

Quoting STT757 (Reply 70):
It's great to see post merger UA bringing back two routes from pre-bankruptcy UA, Santiago and Auckland.

SFO-AKL a pre bankruptcy route? I thought the last airline that flew this route non-stop was PanAm.

...would assume the poster was trying to say that its nice to see two pre BK cities coming back online. UA flew MIA-SCL and HNL/LAX-AKL vs the current IAH-SCL & SFO-AKL.

S75752

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Quoting justloveplanes (Reply 77):
Don't know about economy, but J will be fine.

J will always be great on any carrier (unless they're doing something very wrongly), but Economy is the real test of what devotion a carrier will put in to their product, whether or not they can get the basics right first. And surely enough, UA recently announced another J meal improvement that was unnecessary, while barely touching Economy selections.

Just reading this thread, it seems like you're very upset over the mid-flight snack. Is it truly that important? I've always been able to get something from the galley, and most people are sleeping at that point anyway.

I'm particularly displeased by the thought of UA taking away even more from Economy and replacing it solely with an item to purchase and getting praised for it. With the 787 coming in and all that the 787 contributes to Economy class, it's not like many will be sleeping at that point now anyways, so may at least have them fed well rather than told to shell out even more money to get a choice of only cold snackboxes some 5-8 hours after their last meal on a ticket that they did not pay an LCC price for. They could at least have a selection of things a bit more appealing and satisfying than the snack boxes, something that would at least indicate they're trying.

I'm still also rather skeptical of whether the meal changes actually added more food, or simply upped the quality a tad and moved things around a bit making all the change in presentation rather than substance, but I have yet to see any United Economy long haul trip reports from recent times that would shed light upon that.

When less and less in most regards (with an exception of more and more passengers within the available space) is largely how Economy class handled nowadays, I'm very skeptical of the praise that's being given.

UA moving in to these routes will make it harder and harder to find both award flights and paid fares on *A carriers with much better offerings.

[Edited 2015-10-18 08:11:12]

zkncj

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Quoting 910A (Reply 82):

NZ has been flying it since about 2003? they are currently up-to 10x weekly, with an daily 77W with the additional services an 772.

In 2003 it was an 3x weekly 744 service, which was apart of an deal with SFO to increase new routes post 2001. It was also NZ's first new route after there near bankrupt in September 2001.

RWA380

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:58 am

Quoting 910A (Reply 82):

Last time I flew UA SFO - AKL was with a stop in HNL on a 742. F class was very different back then, the roast beef was cut on board & the drinks were flowing like water, I thankfully got seat 1A & remember seeing the lights on the runway when we landed at HNL later in the evening, IIRC we left SFO dinner time or a bit later.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos