garnetpalmetto
Topic Author

Evacuation At FLL

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:16 pm

I'm currently standing on the tarmac at FLL. Looks like the E and F gates have all been evacuated. Anybody know how far reaching this is and what might be going on? There's an ambulance and a couple firetrucks on the scene.

Edit: We've been brought back closer to the terminal because it's started raining but we're still not being allowed back in.

[Edited 2015-10-10 12:30:22 by Garnetpalmetto]

Edit 2: After about an hour we've been allowed to return to the terminal. At my gate I see two firemen assisting an elderly man, but no word from anybody as to what happened.

[Edited 2015-10-10 12:49:51 by Garnetpalmetto]
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

bohica

RE: Evacuation At FLL

Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:33 pm

garnetpalmetto
Topic Author

RE: Evacuation At FLL

Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Quoting bohica (Reply 1):

Contractor cut a sprinkler line.

http://www.local10.com/news/fort-lau...68776

Thanks, bohica. Sounds like an all-around bad day for this contractor. Earlier in the day they also screwed up the water main to the same terminal so it was under a boil water advisory. None of the food service locations could serve anything water-based - Pei Wei was only offering the cold prepared meals in their cooler, Steak and Shake wasn't doing fountain drinks or milkshakes, and not sure about Jamba Juice. Combine that with an hour long evacuation and the delays that entails and I have to wonder if someone might be looking for a new contractor.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos