HPRamper

RE: AA Cancels MIA FRA, MIA VCP, Adds One JFK LHR,

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Quoting 777ord (Reply 99):
Why, not LAX-MNL? I see DOZENS of MNL pax from our station flying to LAX on every single flight.

I've heard that MNL is an extremely low-yielding market. As is TPE. Secondhand information, but they are both good-sized markets with very little service from U.S. carriers to show for it.

winginit

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 pm

Why, not LAX-MNL? I see DOZENS of MNL pax from our station flying to LAX on every single flight.

From a yield perspective this route is the bottom of the barrel, and that issue is compounded even further in the current pricing environment. It's tremendously difficult to extract a premium from passengers between the US and MNL as they're often willing to take whatever inconvenient connecting route is cheapest while booking far in advance.

777ord

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Quoting winginit (Reply 101):
From a yield perspective this route is the bottom of the barrel, and that issue is compounded even further in the current pricing environment. It's tremendously difficult to extract a premium from passengers between the US and MNL as they're often willing to take whatever inconvenient connecting route is cheapest while booking far in advance.

Very true.

this second route is interesting... who knows...

LAX DOES have LAX-MBJ in the system for the winter flex flying... And, they hve already mentioned they'll start LAX-HAV...

perhaps we're taking one of CX's daily HKG's? Same idea as what we did with QF/AA JV for SYD?

LipeGIG

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:16 am

Quoting SJOtoLIR (Reply 98):

AA MIA-FRA was dropped in 1997. The airline resumed their regular services from March 2015.
LH FRA-MIA deploys the 388 in such route, which is entirely a very good product.

If AA think about the 772 or the 787, could be a better idea.
It is just clear that the 763 is outdated to compete.

Quoting 777ord (Reply 94):

lol for real! I look on NRTP all the time and it's PACKED!!!! As much as a second daily HKG would be great to have. Sadly I don't think it's plausible...

Would be great to have a new route there. It amazes me the performance of this route. I did that two times this year, both packed !
I would say it is a better fit for the 77W !
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

SunsetLimited

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:47 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 103):
It is just clear that the 763 is outdated to compete.

I don't really think that's it. Some routes work, some don't. Pretty simple. Most people don't buy an airline ticket based on the aircraft type or the amenities offered. Price is king, at least on the U.S side. It's possible to have an enjoyable flight on an AA 763.
Spread hope like fire.

SJOtoLIR

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Quoting SunsetLimited (Reply 104):
I don't really think that's it. Some routes work, some don't. Pretty simple. Most people don't buy an airline ticket based on the aircraft type or the amenities offered. Price is king, at least on the U.S side. It's possible to have an enjoyable flight on an AA 763.

I found a lot of sense on this assertion.
Furthermore, in my view the market is well served on LH FRA-MIA 7x weekly with 388.
The demand of passengers between Miami and Germany hasn't grown lately based on the withdrawal of LH FRA-DUS in 2013.
LH MUC-MIA is only seasonal at this time.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

klwright69

Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Quoting winginit (Reply 101):

Yes, MNL is low yielding. I have friends that have traveled between the MNL and the USA by going on EY via AUH. Cebu Pacific has one way fares between Saudi Arabia and MNL for less than 200 dollars. This is relevant, it is a low fare swamp the Philippines.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos