AI121
Topic Author

AA Flight Attendant Bullies Lady - Video By Pax

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:08 am

FA on a power trip.

Video Posted By Passenger on Flight - AA408, Oct 11

As the passenger quoted on YouTube,

Quote:
After this girl didn't hear Tim (flight attendant in aisle) ask her to move to let someone by near the front of the plane, he raised his voice, which surprised and upset her. She apologized to him, took her seat in front of me, but then called another attendant over to say Tim had been rude to her. Tim saw this and had her thrown off the flight! Afterward about 20 of us grabbed the pilot at the gate to complain, this shear number shows Tim was way out of line and was just being an ass. USAir/American Flight 408, October 11, 2015. The girl was in seat 20F. Don't fly these airlines!!
dhRuv

bergkampsticket

RE: AA Flight Attendant Bullies Lady - Video By Pax

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:28 am

But there's no footage of what the FA allegedly did

globalflyer

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:30 am

Just curious. This was a flight PMUS ATL PHX PDX. A320on 11 October. What actually happened? If all of the passengers were "booing", why did they not all get up and leave? Every situation has two sides. Just curious to know the full story...
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!

D L X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 am

Quoting globalflyer (Reply 2):
If all of the passengers were "booing", why did they not all get up and leave?

Probably because they all had to be where the plane was going.

TonyBurr

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 am

These over powered FA's are becoming too frequent. If 20 pax's complained to the pilot there is NO doubt who was at fault. The FA should be fired immediately.

rta

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:34 am

Quoting globalflyer (Reply 2):
If all of the passengers were "booing", why did they not all get up and leave?

Because they needed to be somewhere by a certain time? Because they did not want to buy another last minute ticket to their destination? Because they did not want to receive a felony convicting for interfering with cabin crew?

globalflyer

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:39 am

I do not have an opinion on either side, I've seen the pros and cons on both. I am just curious as to what was said or done to throw a pax off of a flight?
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!

copter808

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:46 am

Ever notice how many videos seem to start at the most convenient time? And it's usually just AFTER the key event?

bergkampsticket

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:47 am

Quoting TonyBurr (Reply 4):

That's quite simplistic and the reason there is a justice system. Without seeing what has been done it's impossible to judge. For all we know the woman could have been in a group and those complaining her friends backing her up despite her being in the wrong. I'd hate to see someone lose their job for that. I'm not saying that's what's happened here, just that we shouldn't start a witch hunt without the facts.

airportugal310

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:49 am

Quoting copter808 (Reply 7):
Ever notice how many videos seem to start at the most convenient time? And it's usually just AFTER the key event?

Well unless the video person was some kind of psychic, how were they to know what was would happen post-event???
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

AI121
Topic Author

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:56 am

Quoting bergkampsticket (Reply 1):
Quoting copter808 (Reply 7):
Quoting bergkampsticket (Reply 8):

I agree with you guys that video is missing what FA have said/done earlier. Probably the passenger started filming when things got messy. But usually when that many bystanders agree on something objectively, there's obviously some merit to the complaint. Assuming the video poster is correct, nobody should be kicked off the flight for inconveniencing the FA. Their job is to serve passengers, not enforce their authority.

Video description says passengers complained to the Pilot so let's hope the airline investigates it and gets to hear story from both side on reliable sources.
dhRuv

Boeing778X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:56 am

And THAT is why you treat customers right! This is exactly what I've been saying.

AA would be wise to discipline and/or remove this flight attendant from service. Given by how many people concurred with the "worst airline ever" line, she probably cost the airline tens of thousands of dollars in future revenue.

I'm actively pursuing a flight attendant career, preferably with AA, and if I caught my co-worker doing that, she'd be in trouble before even being in hot water.

[Edited 2015-10-12 20:08:19]
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

winginit

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 am

Quoting Boeing778X (Reply 11):
Given by how many people concurred with the "screw this airline" line, she probably cost the airline tens of thousands of dollars in future revenue.

Just some quick clarity here, but if you watch the video and read the description it's the male flight attendant who initiated the process to remove the passenger from the flight. The woman in the video who is actually requesting the female passenger get off the flight is not a flight attendant.

BC77008

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:23 am

Given by how many people concurred with the "worst airline ever" line, she probably cost the airline tens of thousands of dollars in future revenue.

We don't even know if this actually happened or not. We are reading only one person's account of what took place. Everyone wants to be the little social media star and get 10,000 likes. And if it takes a wee bit of embellishment to get there, then so be it.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!

copter808

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:31 am

Quoting Airportugal310 (Reply 9):

Well unless the video person was some kind of psychic, how were they to know what was would happen post-event???

Correct, but the video is purporting to show what happened. It only shows PART of it. Similar to the video where the police shot the "unarmed" man with his hands up. The video "clearly" showed the offender with both hands in the air, although one hand was hidden by a tree or pole. Video from another angle showed the offender had a knife in his hand and refused to drop it.

Very few videos show the entire incident. Why do so many people insist on posting half truths, claiming to show the truth?

OB1504

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:39 am

I'm actively pursuing a flight attendant career, preferably with AA, and if I caught my co-worker doing that, she'd be in trouble before even being in hot water.

If/when you start working in airline customer service, you won't be so quick to judge without hearing both sides.

copter808

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 15):

If/when you start working in airline customer service, you won't be so quick to judge without hearing both sides.

Yes. He will see things from a different perspective and see (in reality) that it was handled properly, yet the one sided videos make it appear otherwise! He will learn a LOT about people!

A332DTW

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:49 am

While I will reserve my opinions on the matter until after both sides have been presented, I do find it interesting that passengers usually clap and cheer when someone is removed from an aircraft (and for good reason). The fact that passengers are unanimously upset at the removal of this lady is compelling.

Boeing778X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:13 am

Quoting BC77008 (Reply 13):
We don't even know if this actually happened or not. We are reading only one person's account of what took place. Everyone wants to be the little social media star and get 10,000 likes. And if it takes a wee bit of embellishment to get there, then so be it.

That's true, but on the other hand, what was said here was clearly heard.

Quoting winginit (Reply 12):
Just some quick clarity here, but if you watch the video and read the description it's the male flight attendant who initiated the process to remove the passenger from the flight.

Whoops. Sorry. HE probably cost the airline such and such.

I've been in customer service positions for various businesses for nearly 7 years. Doesn't sound like much time, but you learn a lot quickly. I got started earlier than most people my age.

One thing I've learned, and thank God it's been the easy way, is that you DO NOT upset the customer in any way. The customer is usually right, and even so, making sure the customer stays and leaves happy is paramount, especially for such a stressful position as a flight attendant. Customers are the lifeblood of businesses, and for an airline, losing them on account of one person having a bad day is serious. Not only has the company looked bad as a result, but those people are going to go home and tell other people what happened. What makes this worse is that a video of the incident has been posted. Already, there's like 10 comments saying they're never flying American. Assuming they would have been customers buying $500 tickets, that is, theoretically, $10K gone.

I'm just being 100% honest with what I think.

PlanesNTrains

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 am

I get the "don't judge too soon" angle, and I agree with it. However, just watching the video, listening to the tone and demeanor of the woman being ejected, listening to the people around the plane pretty much spit on American Airlines over it - I don't know, but it's hard to look at this and go "She probably did something really bad or otherwise worthy of being kicked off".

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

spacecadet

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 am

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten"

Hmmmm....
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Boeing778X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 am

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 20):
"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy prohibiting content designed to harass, bully or threaten"

Hmmmm....

Interesting twist    How was it any of those three, I ask?

777way

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:03 am

Plenty more sites to post it why only youtube?

ASFlyer

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:20 am

Quoting Boeing778X (Reply 18):
lready, there's like 10 comments saying they're never flying American. Assuming they would have been customers buying $500 tickets, that is, theoretically, $10K gone.

Good thing you're working on getting a job in Inflight and not accounting.

CARST

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 am

Quoting ASflyer (Reply 23):
Good thing you're working on getting a job in Inflight and not accounting.

If he is talking 500$ per leg (one-way-ticket) his math is right....

That is the point. First lets hear from both sides what happened. A youtube video starting after the main event took place is not a real evidence that the FA was on an ego trip.

AA would be wise to discipline and/or remove this flight attendant from service. Given by how many people concurred with the "worst airline ever" line, she probably cost the airline tens of thousands of dollars in future revenue.

See above. If the video traims the truth, than you are right and this FA should be fired and made to pay compensation to the airline. But if there is more to the story, we might have a totally different situation and the pax might end on the no-fly-list. Way to early to judge. And I guess we here on a.net won't ever find out...

cosyr

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 am

I do think sense and reason have sometimes taken a backseat to "safety" and crew having a bad day. I personally have been paranoid since the airline columnist was kicked off a flight for taking pictures for his trip report. The worst part about each of these situations, whoever is right or wrong, is a passenger's inability to have a brief conversation to defend themselves. It's either stand up now and watch your plane leave or be arrested.

ASFlyer

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:11 am

Quoting CARST (Reply 24):
If he is talking 500$ per leg (one-way-ticket) his math is right....

and if he meant two tickets per person he'd be right too but he didn't say either of those things. Anyway, my post was just meant to be tongue in cheek, not to be taken seriously.

Scorpio

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:39 pm

So, we now have another side to this story. According to several witnesses, the passenger was thrown off for calling the FA a 'fucking faggot':

http://rantsofasassystew.com/2015/10...omophobic-f-word-buh-byeeee-bitch/

33lspotter

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Quoting copter808 (Reply 16):
Yes. He will see things from a different perspective and see (in reality) that it was handled properly, yet the one sided videos make it appear otherwise! He will learn a LOT about people!

How can you be so sure that it was handled properly? You were the one saying that "very few videos show the entire incident," yet somehow you claim to know that it was handled properly. Sounds like bias to me.  

Quoting AI121 (Reply 10):
agree with you guys that video is missing what FA have said/done earlier. Probably the passenger started filming when things got messy. But usually when that many bystanders agree on something objectively, there's obviously some merit to the complaint. Assuming the video poster is correct, nobody should be kicked off the flight for inconveniencing the FA. Their job is to serve passengers, not enforce their authority.

Video description says passengers complained to the Pilot so let's hope the airline investigates it and gets to hear story from both side on reliable sources.

This. Look, I'm a full believer in that there are two sides to every story, but the fact that some people rush to blindly defend FAs in situations like these is crazy. While there are a lot of great FAs, there are some bad ones too - just like passengers! And when the majority of passengers objectively agree on a complaint, there's a good chance - not definite, but a good chance - that it's got some merit.

Ultimately, the facts have to come out, and that's when we'll make the real judgment. But to assume the passenger is at fault by default is ignorant.

bergkampsticket

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Here's a totally contradicting account of events. I'm not saying it's the truth, there's not proof either way, but let's not lynch people and claim something definitely happened one way or another before we know more than one side of the story http://rantsofasassystew.com/2015/10...omophobic-f-word-buh-byeeee-bitch/

33lspotter

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 27):
Quoting bergkampsticket (Reply 29):

If that is indeed the truth, then obviously that behavior is unacceptable. But given that that story - which, FWIW, is titled "Buh Byeeee, Bitch" from a site called "Rants of a Sassy Stew" - didn't cite any actual witnesses, quotes, or major news sources, and rather just made the claim that there were "witnesses" who said such a thing, I'm hesitant to believe it right away.

To be completely clear, I am not saying that the passenger or the flight attendant is at fault. My point was simply that - given that this is an aviation site - we seem to rush to defend airline employees (FAs/pilots/etc.) while vilifying passengers. Saying that "we should wait for the facts to come out," but then making claims that imply that it's definitely the passenger's fault, is going against exactly that.

winginit

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:58 pm

Quoting bergkampsticket (Reply 29):

Here's a totally contradicting account of events. I'm not saying it's the truth, there's not proof either way, but let's not lynch people and claim something definitely happened one way or another before we know more than one side of the story http://rantsofasassystew.com/2015/10...omophobic-f-word-buh-byeeee-bitch/

Interesting. Watch the people who were quick to call for the firing of the male FA get real quiet should this turn out to be accurate.

D L X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Quoting winginit (Reply 31):
Watch the people who were quick to call for the firing of the male FA get real quiet should this turn out to be accurate.

Don't hold your breath. We're not likely at all to hear any facts from anyone official on this story ever. It will be forgotten tomorrow.

With that said, if it's true that the events that caused this lady to get bounced happened at the front of the plane (as per Scorpio's link), it would explain why all the passengers near the back of the plane, and likely did not see the event, thought she was being bullied by the FA.

silentbob

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):
Don't hold your breath. We're not likely at all to hear any facts from anyone official on this story ever. It will be forgotten tomorrow.

Airlines have learned that it's smarter to not say anything, it just prolongs the media exposure.

b727fa

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:04 pm

The CA decided to remove the passenger.
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

bergkampsticket

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Quoting 33Lspotter (Reply 30):

On the contrary I find a lot of people are quick to attacking staff. Particularly when iduetrial disputes take place and staff feel they are being attacked as a consequence of decisions that weren't made by them. I'm not and never have been employed in aviation so am not trying to fight my own interests here as the linked website may be, I'd like to add.

flyboy80

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Customer's aren't always right, that I can assure you.

I see in restaurants, hotels, airplanes, retail stores etc people trying to take advantage of situations, and bend rules to their advantage.

I'm not saying theres a more at-fault group here in this scenario, as I didn't see the video, but just because a certain amount of people complained, doesn't mean their interpretation is correct.

If you asked the airplane if they felt the fare they paid for the flight was fair, or if they should be entitled to a partial refund, what do you think the response would be? Does that make it right? No.

[Edited 2015-10-13 08:40:32]

usflyguy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

That's true, but on the other hand, what was said here was clearly heard.
The customer is usually right, and even so, making sure the customer stays and leaves happy is paramount, especially for such a stressful position as a flight attendant.
Already, there's like 10 comments saying they're never flying American. Assuming they would have been customers buying $500 tickets, that is, theoretically, $10K gone.

They'll be right back on whichever airline has the cheapest tickets.

You have a lot to learn if you really are trying to become a flight attendant. Being a flight attendant does involve quite a bit of customer service skills, but it involves so much more than that. Also, don't go policing other crew members unless you are in management, it will come back to bite you in the ass... and hard. Crew members have things such as "no fly lists" and your job will become very hard when your name starts to circulate.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

jmdc861

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:53 pm

September 11th 2001 changed all the rules in terms of how flight attendants treat the passenger, sadly!

JMDC861

AI121
Topic Author

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Quoting 33Lspotter (Reply 30):
If that is indeed the truth, then obviously that behavior is unacceptable. But given that that story - which, FWIW, is titled "Buh Byeeee, Bitch" from a site called "Rants of a Sassy Stew" - didn't cite any actual witnesses, quotes, or major news sources, and rather just made the claim that there were "witnesses" who said such a thing, I'm hesitant to believe it right away.

To be completely clear, I am not saying that the passenger or the flight attendant is at fault. My point was simply that - given that this is an aviation site - we seem to rush to defend airline employees (FAs/pilots/etc.) while vilifying passengers. Saying that "we should wait for the facts to come out," but then making claims that imply that it's definitely the passenger's fault, is going against exactly that.

Exactly this! That article writer just sounds like hormonal social justice worker trying to get visits to their site.

I can't believe some people are taking FA's side blindly by saying video doesn't show what he did. One very good explanation to that is people don't usually keep their video recorders on 24/7. Passenger started filming when things got heated up. Second, given current state of fear mongering and TSA security theater people usually don't interfere in someone else's business while flying. But just considering how many passengers booed and complained, there has to be some merit to the complain.

There could be reason why FA acted like that and it is possible that the lady might have been at the fault. But where is AA's explanation to this story then? Instead I have seen them removing this video from their social media pages. A good response would have been fair analysis of both sides of story, not trying to remove video from social media.
dhRuv

DTWPurserBoy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Quoting globalflyer (Reply 6):
I do not have an opinion on either side, I've seen the pros and cons on both. I am just curious as to what was said or done to throw a pax off of a flight?

YouTube has removed the link so it is impossible to tell what happened. I never condone rudeness from a member of my crew and have actually forced them (under pain of a written report) to go back and apologize. There is never a justification for it. Most of us just shrug off the odd inappropriate comment as part of the job but every once in a while you run into a f/a who is just a jerk--both on and off the airplane.

To answer your question, it is relatively rare to have a passenger removed. It usually takes some sort of physical contact, cursing or willfully breaking what I call the "Three time rule." If I have politely asked you to comply with either a company or federal regulation three times and you refuse then I will ask the captain (if we are still on the ground, of course) what he/she would like to do in the situation. The captain is the only one with the authority to remove a passenger (or a crew member for that matter). Thankfully, such instances are rare. There are a lot more really nice people out there than bad ones.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

AI121
Topic Author

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Quoting DTWPurserBoy (Reply 40):
YouTube has removed the link so it is impossible to tell what happened.

Here's Mirror http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ff_1444714696
dhRuv

DTWPurserBoy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Quoting AI121 (Reply 41):
Here's Mirror http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ff_1444714696

I could not tell what happened except a lot of booing. It appeared that the female flight leader came back and relayed the captain's request that the passenger come forward. It does not necessarily mean she was removed from the flight. Since they were at the gate the agent is in charge of the airplane and in consultation with the captain would decide what to do. The agent is responsible for the plane until the door is closed. A lot of times all it takes is a quiet chat in the forward galley and everything gets smoothed out.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

D L X

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Quoting AI121 (Reply 39):
A good response would have been fair analysis of both sides of story, not trying to remove video from social media.

At the same time though, a "good response" that exonerates the airline trashes one of its customers. The airline may believe that it would be inappropriate to do that. Weighing their options, it may just be best to leave it alone.

You also don't (yet at least) hear about this passenger suing the airline, or coming forward in any way at all.

I can't believe some people are taking FA's side blindly by saying video doesn't show what he did.

Can't speak for others, but I'm not taking the FA's side. I'm just not condemning him yet either.

But just considering how many passengers booed and complained, there has to be some merit to the complain.

Alternatively, it's a long plane, and the passenger was seated in the back. If the problem occurred in the front (as suggested by Scorpio's link), the booing passengers simply might not have seen/heard it.

tonyban

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Quoting jmdc861 (Reply 38):
They'll be right back on whichever airline has the cheapest tickets.

But not AA. I've made it a point NOT to book on American even if it has the lowest fair. I've seen enough 'don't argue with me' attitude from the male flight attendants that I simply don't fly with them anymore.

Just my personal choice.

copter808

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:21 pm

I can't believe some people are taking FA's side blindly by saying video doesn't show what he did. One very good explanation to that is people don't usually keep their video recorders on 24/7. Passenger started filming when things got heated up. Second, given current state of fear mongering and TSA security theater people usually don't interfere in someone else's business while flying. But just considering how many passengers booed and complained, there has to be some merit to the complain.

The video does NOT show the entire incident, so there is no way to know what actually happened. When you get a bit more experience in life you may realize that just because a large group takes one particular side it does not necessarily make them right! That's what happens with civil disobedience.

When you gain a bit more experience in a particular field you may be more likely to understand the overall situation--what likely happened--from seeing only part of the incident. Amazing how our perceptions change with experience!

AA767400

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 pm

It's rare to take a passenger off a flight. And it would have to be a good reason.

I truly believe this women called him a homophobic slur. It's very common, and those that don't think it is, are living in an alternative PC universe. I've seen people turn on a dime, and play the victim so that they can gather support in their favor. Does she deserve to be taken off? Yes - because if she called an African American the N word, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Just because you're in the service industry, doesn't mean you have to accept abusive discrimination from the public. If you think they do, you've never been in that situation.

Quoting tonyban (Reply 44):
I've seen enough 'don't argue with me' attitude from the male flight attendants that I simply don't fly with them anymore.

Just males? Because I've seen plenty of nasty FAs, of all genders, at AA, DL, UA, VX, etc. It's not limited to one airline.
"The low fares airline."

OB1504

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:26 pm

I've been in customer service positions for various businesses for nearly 7 years. Doesn't sound like much time, but you learn a lot quickly. I got started earlier than most people my age.

So have I. I've worked exclusively airport positions since I was 16 (23 now) and it is never as simple as "do not upset the customer" and "the customer is always right".

Yesterday, for example, I had a passenger checking in to the Bahamas who had just arrived on a flight from Peru. The Bahamas requires visitors to have yellow fever vaccinations if arriving within 6 days of leaving or transiting Peru. The passenger didn't have the vaccination so I had to deny boarding despite the passenger's claims that they had been to the Bahamas before with no issue.

How do you suggest that I not upset the customer? Should I tell the passenger that they are right and don't need the vaccine so that they can be denied entry and deported upon arrival in the Bahamas and I can be fired?

Quoting usflyguy (Reply 37):
You have a lot to learn if you really are trying to become a flight attendant. Being a flight attendant does involve quite a bit of customer service skills, but it involves so much more than that. Also, don't go policing other crew members unless you are in management, it will come back to bite you in the ass... and hard. Crew members have things such as "no fly lists" and your job will become very hard when your name starts to circulate.

Airline customer service is not like any other customer service position, partly because of the myriad of regulations and policies FAs have to comply with and partly because it seems like people leave the calm and rational parts of their mind at home when traveling.

I don't even know if he could pass the interview with a mindset like that.

[Edited 2015-10-13 11:30:22]

slvrblt

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Good example of ''don't be so quick to judge.'' While there are plenty of FA's that could use a personality refresher, I tend to think that's not the case here.

There was something a lot more serious happening than a flight attendant power trip. The clue to that is in the FA website where the FA's version comes out. The part where they wrote, The crew contacted a CRO Agent, and FP was removed from the aircraft. . Since the FP was removed from the aircraft while still at the gate, that decision rests not with the crew, but with the agents and ground supervisors. A CRO manager (this is not an agent) must be contacted first, given the facts, before denying boarding.

Seems the ground staff and CRO must have concurred with the flight crew.
..everything works out in the end.

oc2dc

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 pm

You've got to hear both side... and from a legitimate source, not some slanted sassyFA nonsense.

Quoting TonyBurr (Reply 4):
If 20 pax's complained to the pilot there is NO doubt who was at fault. The FA should be fired immediately.

My friend's sister was kidnapped a few months ago. When she turned up alive and well people thought her kidnapping was a hoax. The local police themselves went on national television and called it a hoax. People immediately vilified her. However, It turned out she had been raped multiple times and she was the victim of some psycho who was practicing on how to kidnap people for ransom. The kidnapper was caught by the FBI and is now awaiting trial.... Moral of the story, you have to hear both sides of the story. The cops made their side known, but the victim didn't come out and tell her side until much later (she was obviously traumatized). . . Save your judgement, just because multiple people complained doesn't mean it is true.

Quoting flyboy80 (Reply 36):
Customer's aren't always right, that I can assure you.

I see in restaurants, hotels, airplanes, retail stores etc people trying to take advantage of situations, and bend rules to their advantage.

Amen! "The customer is always right" is the like the political correctness plague ruining American politics. . . Always treat the customer with respect and dignity, but draw the line where it needs to be drawn. There are so many people who make a point to take advantage of the "customer is always right" philosophy. Just check out the Justin Ross Lee on youtube and see how he always takes advantage of AA.

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 47):
Airline customer service is not like any other customer service position, partly because of the myriad of regulations and policies FAs have to comply with and partly because it seems like people leave the calm and rational parts of their mind at home when traveling.

The people flying don't know 1% of what it takes to run an airline. There are so many factors and reasons for regulations that the people couldn't even begin to understand. Example: explaining to a passenger why we are weight restricted at high and hot airports with certain aircraft. Sometimes one degree could make a difference between leaving on-time and being grounded until it cools down... It makes passengers go nuts.
I'm not complaining, I'm critiquing...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos