nostrum
Topic Author

AF Increases Havana To 12x In W15 And 9x S16

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Air France is today the leading airline between Europe and Cuba. Starting October 25th, AF will introduce an 11th weekly service on CDG-HAV with a 77W, and a 12th weekly starting December 22nd with a A343.

In late March the weekly frequencies will be down to 10x, and 9x in June 2016.

For W15 KLM AMS-HAV will remain 4x with an A332.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/08/24/af-hav-w15/
http://ftnnews.com/aviation/28680-ai...city-between-paris-and-havana.html

[Edited 2015-10-17 06:04:54]

lesfalls

RE: AF Increases Havana To 12x In W15 And 9x S16

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Do you think because of Air China starting service between YUL-HAV?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.

nostrum
Topic Author

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Quoting Lesfalls (Reply 1):

Doubt it. In the past years AF has been increasing HAV every winter and daily in summer.

Okie

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I believe I caught an article in the last few days that Cuba's tourism is up along the lines of 15% for 2015.
That has be before US starts moving non-tourists.  

The article was indicating that the Cuban economy is going to have to have a major influx of tourism to offset the financial losses from the oil cut backs from Venezuela.
I hope they do not turn Cuba into another Cancun/Yucatan Peninsula tourist trap.

Okie

stratocruiser

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:04 am

Air China????

gabrielchew

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:21 am

I'm fairly sure Air China from Beijing and Montreal and Air France from Paris are not going after the same market! Unless you think AF want to move some of their low yield Paris-Montreal pax onto flights via Cuba!
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

SCQ83

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:45 am

I will assume HAV is more popular for French tourists than for other nationalities (compared to resorts like Varadero).

I know I am generalising, but French people are still a bit more political and cultural-driven than other nationalities in Europe, so Havana seems a well mix between culture, political curiosity and sun.

Anecdotally I was flying UX MAD-ORY a few weeks ago and we had to wait for the passengers from HAV. There were at least 30 or 40 people (all of them French tourists) which seemed to come from all walks of life, from young backpackers to retired couples. Not really your all-included resort crowd.

Maybe French people are also travelling now to Cuba before La Habana Vieja is flooded with Kimberlys from Kansas with a Frappuccino in her left hand while she takes selfies with her iPhone in her right hand.  

goldorak

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 6):
I will assume HAV is more popular for French tourists than for other nationalities (compared to resorts like Varadero).

I know I am generalising, but French people are still a bit more political and cultural-driven than other nationalities in Europe, so Havana seems a well mix between culture, political curiosity and sun.

Anecdotally I was flying UX MAD-ORY a few weeks ago and we had to wait for the passengers from HAV. There were at least 30 or 40 people (all of them French tourists) which seemed to come from all walks of life, from young backpackers to retired couples. Not really your all-included resort crowd.

Maybe French people are also travelling now to Cuba before La Habana Vieja is flooded with Kimberlys from Kansas with a Frappuccino in her left hand while she takes selfies with her iPhone in her right hand.  

I'm not saying you are wrong but don't forget that many people (often a majority) on-board AF planes are not French but are connecting in CDG from anywhere. So hard to say who is on-board AF flights to HAV.

nicode

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:49 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 6):

Some destinations are more popular for a country than another.
Bali is also popular for French tourists as well as Seychelles.

Another example : lot of Germans are going to Spain : Palma de Majorque, Fuerteventura, Las Palmas... as well as Turkey (Antalya or Bodrum).
Those destinations are far less popular for French people.

bleudefrance

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Great news for both AF and Havana!

bleudefrance

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 6):

I totally agree with you  

The French middle class loves cultural-driven holidays so the fascinating old-styled Cuba is a paradise for them.

DolphinAir747

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 6):
to Cuba before La Habana Vieja is flooded with Kimberlys from Kansas with a Frappuccino in her left hand while she takes selfies with her iPhone in her right hand.  

The tourists will selfie sticks will be coming directly from PEK on CA

Varsity1

Re: RE: AF Increases Havana To 12x In W15 And 9x S16

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:30 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

Kimberlys from Kansas? More likely she will be from Kansas State University, solving this broke countries Zika debacle.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos