Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

propilot83
Topic Author

Boeing's Seattle Delivery Center

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:29 am

Boeing's Seattle Delivery Center is pretty fantastic, its like buying a new car and waiting at the new car delivery area at your local dealership. Pretty nice, check out the new video from Boeing link below.

http://www.boeing.com/features/2015/...seattle-delivery-center-10-15.page

hongkongflyer

RE: Boeing's Seattle Delivery Center

Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:13 am

because you are buying and waiting a super expensive machine in that delivery center lor

adamblang

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 am

A couple times a year, United'll have a small number of employees take delivery of a plane as part of various employee recognition programs. There's some pomp and circumstance hosted at the Museum of Flight, the delivery center, and a factory. Certainly feels like something special.

propilot83
Topic Author

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:25 pm

Yea its really nice, I've visited the Boeing Commercial Airplane Plant in May 2009, went on the guided tour, no cell phones and cameras allowed inside. It was really nice, the amount of open space was tremendous and almost too hard to comprehend. They were just assembling the final parts of a first new Boeing 747-8 Freighter back then. Korean Airlines was testing their new Boeing 777 series aircraft before taking it home for final customer delivery. I bought the small models of the Boeing 747-8i, 787 Dreamliner, 777-300ER, 737-900ER, and 767-400ER, from the Boeing Store over there, it cost me like over $150, but its lasted me forever thank God. I would go again if I could afford it and have time. Seattle is a nice beautiful city, with rain almost year around. I visited the Space Needle, and the Museum of Flight, saw the first Boeing 747 Everett City there from 1969. Pretty awesome place to sight see. Love aviation, very dear to my heart. Never gets old and boring.

n901wa

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Its a Very Nice Center. When I was there a little over a month ago, they were working on the second boarding area. The side that was done was in use all day. Its nice that the Boarding area is just down the hall from the Customer Offices. Here's a shot from the inside looking out, and a shot from outside while we were Taxing by for our Test Flight.

[Edited 2015-10-20 14:09:15]

Viscount724

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:05 am

Isn't the BFI delivery center only for the 737? Aren't all widebodies still delivered at PAE? What type of delivery facilities do they have there?

Airbus has delivery centers at Toulouse and Hamburg. This is the one at TLS.

http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/photogallery/big/800x600_1291158000_France_Toulouse_Delivery-centre_2.jpg

gunsontheroof

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 5):
Isn't the BFI delivery center only for the 737? Aren't all widebodies still delivered at PAE? What type of delivery facilities do they have there?

Yes. The BFI delivery center (which is just being completed) will only handle 737 deliveries. The widebody delivery center at PAE has been open for a number of years (since 2013, I think?) and has similar facilities (jet bridges, boarding lounges, meeting rooms, etc.). The BFI facility is surely going to stay very, very busy.

Photo Credit: Olivia Bueser
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

PW100

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Quoting gunsontheroof (Reply 6):
widebody delivery center at PAE

That is the first time, and only time ever, that that freighter will hook up to an aerobridge!

Must be a real culture shock for the airframe, after all the TLC at Paine Field, once it leaves that delivery centre all it sees is the harsh cargo world for the rest of its life . . .
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos