Summa767

Meals For Sale On BA Economy Long Haul

Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Early this year BA announced that customers on First, Club World and World Traveller Plus could choose their meal in advance on selected routes at no extra cost, and that by the year end all long haul routes would be elegible for this option.

I have just received an email in which BA is offering pre-paying for more discerning meals than the complimentary option when flying in World Traveller cabin (Economy).

They can be booked in advance so long as you have a reserved seat - for which a fee applies.
The cost for the meals is an additional £15 and £18 (approx US$23 to US$28)
Here is a selection: http://www.britishairways.com/assets.../world-traveller-pre-paid-menu.pdf

[Edited 2015-10-20 10:04:24]

SonomaFlyer

RE: Meals For Sale On BA Economy Long Haul

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 pm

I got my email this morning as well. I'll need to check out the reviews regarding the taste but love that we get additional options. The price is a bit steep to be honest so they'd better be quite a bit better than standard fare.

zrs70

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 pm

I fear that this will lead to a study that says the following:

"We have found that our purchased meal option is so popular that we will be discontinuing the complimentary meal option."
19 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2019

Rufusisgod

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Aer Lingus have a similar option running for quite some time now. Seems to work well.

N867DA

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 2):
"We have found that our purchased meal option is so popular that we will be discontinuing the complimentary meal option."

Here's how this will play out: everybody starts bringing durian and/or fish. Airline immediately starts providing free meals again.  
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

Ytraveller

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Sounds expensive. I've never had a problem with the complimentary meals on BA long haul. If I have a diet preference I just order a special meal for free.

It might make reserving a seat more appealing, but it does cost $40 per person to reserve a seat on a BA long haul flight.

musapapaya

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Its good that BA is trying something new. Lets hope it is a popular feature for their passengers. Only drawback is will it make the whole meal service even slower? Remember most people wants to sleep in the flight when all lights in the cabin are off.
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

shankly

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 pm

I deleted my e-mail

Having seen the decline in Club meals over the last 10 years, there is nothing that can be offered in WT that is worth £15-18.

Thanks BA, but given taste and smell sensory capabilities are naturally supressed at cabin altitude, and 12hrs is hardly at the edge of human endurance, I'll save up my £15 and eat like a Lord when I arrive in CPT.

As a shareholder however, excellent idea.
L1011 - P F M

vhtje

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:20 pm

I have stupidly deleted my email, but from memory the email I received did not mention any prices - in fact I am sure it said that meal selection was complimentary. It only made reference to passengers travelling in FIRST, Club World or World Traveller Plus. It did not mention the World Traveller cabin.

Are there two versions of the email being sent? One for those in premium cabins and one for those in World Traveller? Most of my long-haul flying is in Club World; but my next booked BA flight is in FIRST. I assume BA are looking at one's next booking to determine which version of the email to send?
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

EMB170

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:49 pm

IIRC KL has been offering a similar product in Y for some time now.
IND ORD ATL MCO PIT EWR BUF CVG DEN RNO JFK DTW BOS BDL BWI IAD RDU CLT MYR CHS TPA CID MSP STL MSY DFW IAH AUS SLC LAS

LondonCity

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 pm

BA now offering a choice of 6 of these upgraded meals.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...hanced-meal-for-economy-passengers

777-500er

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:17 pm

United Airlines offered it around 7-8 years ago out of SFO for long-haul flights. Project was silently discontinued. Biggest issue was that you could only order at time of booking and only through united.com That is a poor strategy to push a value added service and gives little flexibility for choosing for the end user.

akinsoul

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:31 pm

I tried the pre-paid meals two months ago on my flight to Seattle. We had the beef cheek for £18 and the poached cod for £15.

The crew knew we had special meals but tried to give us vegetarian meals....twice. I kept telling them that we had paid for "premium" meals but they had no clue what I was talking about (god bless the mixed fleet crew - clueless but their enthusiasm really made up for it). We eventually got our meals. All in all it was worth it. The poached cod was amazing. It was really tender and tasty - the potatoes were to die for. The beef cheek was tasty but...as expected, a bit dry and chewy. The mash it came with also looked a bit dubious. However, the big winner with that meal was the dessert. The chocolate ganache bar was absolutely beautiful!

Other plus points: our meals came out 45 minutes before everybody else's. We got proper cutlery and a nice cloth napkin. There was a proper glass on the tray but it wasn't used. I don't think they came round again with drinks after they served the meals. They did do a tea/ coffee run though and the flight attendant serving coffee was a bit perplexed when I handed her the cup "Ooh...these are from our Club Europe! Where did you get them from..."

See the meals in action: Video

"Gourmet Dining" - Beef cheek, prawn starter, chocolate ganache bar

"Healthy Choice" - Poached cod, spring rolls (apparently Thai...there was nothing Thai about them), yoghurt and honey mousse bar

Sometimes Boeing. Never boring.

cedarjet

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:36 pm

As a BA Executive Club gold card holder (CLANG!!!), and thus my seat reservations are free at the time of booking, I presume I can just pay the £15 or whatever it is for a posh meal?
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

fbgdavidson

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Quoting vhtje (Reply 8):
Are there two versions of the email being sent? One for those in premium cabins and one for those in World Traveller? Most of my long-haul flying is in Club World; but my next booked BA flight is in FIRST. I assume BA are looking at one's next booking to determine which version of the email to send?

Yes, mine was this. My next BA flights (and all the ones I've taken this year) are all First and Club Europe.

"Dear Mr Davidson,

As you will soon be travelling with us, we wanted to let you know that you can now pre-order your in-flight meal between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight departure to guarantee your choice once on board.

This service is available at no extra cost for many of our flights from London Heathrow, when you're travelling in First, Club World and World Traveller Plus. You can choose from a number of mouth-watering dishes, all made with fresh, seasonal ingredients and developed by our renowned chefs."
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

ckfred

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:49 pm

I flew World Traveler Plus this summer on BA, ORD-LHR-ORD. I thought the food was generally better than AA, back when AA served hot meals in domestic coach, as well as meals in domestic first.

Problem 1 was that on ORD-LHR, they ran out of the beef choice, by the time the crew got to the back of the cabin. On top of that, the crew was so busy looking for a beef entree for me that no one in our party got a dinner roll.

On LHR-ORD, we had pre-ordered out meal. So, we were served, along with the kosher/vegetarian meals. Again, the dinner roll service then came out, when the rest of the cabin got their meals.

But, here's what has me a bit curious.

We were on an 8:30pm departure out of ORD. Many people had either eaten before heading to the airport, or ate at ORD. My thinking is that, instead of small snack (bag of pretzels), full dinner, and boxed breakfast, a late evening departure could go light dinner and full breakfast.

By the same token, on a late afternoon departure westbound, instead of small snack, full dinner, and sandwich, BA could go afternoon tea and full dinner. That would save one cabin service, as well as line up meals better with the meal clock at both departure and arrival cities.

As for the concept of paying for an upgraded meal in Y, could this be something that U.S. carriers could explore on longer domestic flights? If you're on an 11am departure out of ORD for the West Coast, you might not want to buy a second breakfast at ORD, before boarding. Yet, while it's only 1pm or so when landing at SEA, SFO, or LAX, it's 3pm in Chicago. That's a long time to go without lunch.

It seems to me that offering a substantial meal for sale (presumably cold, because ovens have been removed from Y gallies), such as a large deli sandwich, a side (cole slaw), and a substantial dessert (a cake slice) has potential, especially if someone has a roller board and laptop case and doesn't want to deal with bringing aboard a take-out order from an airport restaurant.

RIX

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Quoting vhtje (Reply 8):
. I assume BA are looking at one's next booking to determine which version of the email to send?

- probably. I've no reservation with them at the moment, so my e-mail was of two parts, for economy and premium  .

Quoting 777-500er (Reply 11):
United Airlines offered it around 7-8 years ago out of SFO for long-haul flights.

Wasn't it time when UA stopped giving complimentary meals long haul economy and started offering only "lunch boxes" in business? It was total shame, I was flying with them IAD to LAX, and this "impovement" was introduced right "in between" of my trip, so I still got a proper meal on first leg and a miserable snack box on the way back (transcon was regular full scale business, not a domestic first). This didn't last long though. Otherwise, imagine LH flight booked in business cabin with one leg on UA codeshare... Meal time is coming...

thegoldenargosy

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:06 pm

I think US Airways had a premium meals for purchase in international Y

mysterzip

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 pm

It's a great alternative and I do see a benefit to "gourmet dining" (which is essentially a Club meal), but what happens when you don't get it due to a catering fault or an unexpected change of flights (due to cancellation, severe delay, etc)?

Or at that point, as a customer, should I just care about getting there?

britannia25

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:22 pm

KLM have been doing this for a while. I tried one and it was pretty good actually. However, I think the standard KLM food in economy is pretty decent anyway (and better than BA). The Purser asked me if I liked the a la carte meal and then went on to tell me that they don't see them that often. I was the only pax in Economy on the 772 that had ordered one. With this is mind, I doubt we will see them quietly doing away with the free meal in Economy (but you never know).

jreuschl

Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 pm

What does BA usually serve on US-GB flights for breakfast? The breakfast option upgrade might make more sense if all they give is a muffin or some other small item.

Viscount724

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:29 am

Quoting EMB170 (Reply 9):
IIRC KL has been offering a similar product in Y for some time now.

Yes for at least 2 or 3 years.

In my opinion, no airline food is worth paying for if a basic meal is free. Save your money and have a much better meal at your destination.

SUPER63DL

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:56 am

Mmmm, I'll take one of each!

cha747

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:49 am

Pan Am used to offer enhanced Y meals for free in the day (late 80's) from a "sort of secret" menu. I got the laugh of my life when I ordered a cheeseburger on BOM-FRA and the catering company in BOM put 3 pieces of local Amul cheese on a rock hard roll....cheese burger!
You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it - Pushing Tin

manny

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:33 am

Quoting jreuschl (Reply 20):
What does BA usually serve on US-GB flights for breakfast? The breakfast option upgrade might make more sense if all they give is a muffin or some other small item.

On the DEN-LHR flights you get a soggy muffin/sandwich. I usually ask them to not wake me up for that travesty of a breakfast. I just have the tes when i wake up. I do not mind spending the money at one of the decent breakfast place (i forget the name) in T5 though.

But on the BOM-LHR flight you get a breakfast that is very similar to this enhanced breakfast option. Tells you what competitive markets will do to the soft product.

TomFoolery

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:55 am

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 2):

UA floated the idea of discontinuing meal service on North America/US to Europe. There was quite a bit of outcry from the public, and this idea was scrapped.

Quoting RIX (Reply 16):
Wasn't it time when UA stopped giving complimentary meals long haul economy and started offering only "lunch boxes" in business? It was total shame, I was flying with them IAD to LAX, and this "impovement" was introduced right "in between" of my trip, so I still got a proper meal on first leg and a miserable snack box on the way back (transcon was regular full scale business, not a domestic first).

This was the first time I splurged on a J ticket to PDX from IAD, and I was very disappointed with the product. It reminded me of the school boxed lunches we got when we went on field trips. I went back to DL. I think this was around the time of the NW/DL merger.

I see that there are a bunch of carriers offering some measure of 'improved' meals on longer haul flights. It is a nice idea. Sometimes, I board a flight, after skipping breakfast, and find myself starving (beyond the capabilities of a normal meal). Having the option to purchase a more robust meal, or even additional items (sandwiches, etc.) would also be nice. I will say, although the photos above look nice, $25-$30 is going to be a tough price point for many economy minded passengers to find agreement with, especially with a complimentary option available.

Tom
Paper makes an airplane fly

LLA001

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 am

Sorry for the fine dining passengers but I was hoping to see options as pizza or hamburger with fries,

SKAirbus

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am

Any kind of special meal or requirement will always prevent you from getting an upgrade...
Base: BRU

Layman

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:32 pm

From the emails can one deduce that the offer is out of Heathrow only?

Looking at the prices - the mouth-watering meals comes with eye-watering prices. This is a pity as it is a good idea.
They should encourage pax to pre-order the complimentary meals as I am sure that that move will reduce waste. Knowledge of preferences will reduce the number of meals carried. If you provide choices as you do now, you will have spares, and the crew can only eat so much.

TomFoolery

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Quoting Layman (Reply 28):
They should encourage pax to pre-order the complimentary meals as I am sure that that move will reduce waste. Knowledge of preferences will reduce the number of meals carried. If you provide choices as you do now, you will have spares, and the crew can only eat so much.

That is going by the assumption that the material loaded into the meal tray has been positively identified  

In all seriousness, I guess they have a fair idea of what to expect, and when only one option is left, that is all they offer. If someone selects the barbecue brazed turkeybuzzard feet with smoked sweet potato and snow peas, and only gets spaghetti al funghi with glazed spinach sauce material, they will try to hold the airline accountable for completely ruining the entire tirp/honeymoon/marriage. If you have ever seen someone flip out over being moved across the aisle, even though they reserved the seat weeks before, you can only imagine what will happen with the wrong person doesn't get their desired meal.

Tom
Paper makes an airplane fly

OA412

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:36 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 21):
In my opinion, no airline food is worth paying for if a basic meal is free. Save your money and have a much better meal at your destination.

I'm not sure why anyone would spend that much money on an "improved" airline meal which, no matter how much better it is than the basic meal, isn't going to be as good as a dinner at a nice restaurant. Depending on your destination, $23-$28 can buy you quite a nice meal at a local restaurant.

Quoting manny (Reply 24):
Quoting jreuschl (Reply 20):

On the DEN-LHR flights you get a soggy muffin/sandwich. I usually ask them to not wake me up for that travesty of a breakfast. I just have the tes when i wake up. I do not mind spending the money at one of the decent breakfast place (i forget the name) in T5 though.

Apparently the longest U.S. flights (LAX, SFO, LAS, and PHX) now get a hot option for breakfast.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

RIX

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Quoting TomFoolery (Reply 25):
I went back to DL

- I, too, "consolidated" my domestic flights with DL after that lunchbox experience. Oh, and my luggage arrived with later flights on both legs! With that nice "Luggage priority" label...

ClassicLover

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Quoting rufusisgod (Reply 3):
Aer Lingus have a similar option running for quite some time now. Seems to work well.

Right here are the Aer Lingus ones you can purchase in Transatlantic Economy -

https://new.aerlingus.com/experience...s/dining/transatlantic-economy/#/0

On another thread, someone said that they do 25 or so pre-order meals on each flight.

Considering how much food actually costs, I'll be that adds a healthy bump to the ancillary revenue line in the accounts. I'd order it with no hesitation. It looks much nicer than the standard meals!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

PatrickZ80

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:51 pm

This is not a new concept at all. Over a year ago I was on a DY flight and upon booking I was offered the choice for three different meals (meat, fish and vegetarian) for € 30,- each or no meal at all for free. The meals did look tasty, but thirty euros for a meal! Expensive restaurants are cheaper than that, so I selected the option for no meal at all. For less than 10 euros I had a good meal at the airport prior to departure, and some sandwiches in my hand luggage. In the plane I noticed most people had done like me, only very few meals were handed out.

winginit

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Quoting LLA001 (Reply 26):
Sorry for the fine dining passengers but I was hoping to see options as pizza or hamburger with fries,

I'm not sure whether or not this comment was made in jest, but I very firmly was hoping to see something like this as well.

I travel roughly 200K miles annually, 40% of that in premium, and no more than a handful of times over the past few years (and this includes frequent flights on QR, CX, QF, BA, etc.) have I found an in-air meal in a premium cabin that was legitimately better than the average dish at a mid to lower-high tier restaurant on the ground. At the end of the day, once I've finished my often complex attempt at lobster ravioli or coffee crusted sea bass or some other concoction that's bound miss the high mark set by it's name, I look back and wish that I'd simply had even a mediocre burger, salad-as-a-meal, or basic pasta dish that's easy to present and near impossible to botch.

I suppose my curiosity is why what I assume is the mid 20th century notion of making air travel dining an experience superior to one on the ground has lasted this long, and why carriers feel the need to over complicate dining to the detriment of the experience by somehow thinking that an in-air dish can trump one on the ground given the impact flight has on senses, taste, etc. Seems the logistics alone do more harm than good both for the customer and the carrier.

[Edited 2015-10-21 10:10:44]

fbgdavidson

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:40 pm

I don't really see the logic there. If you're on a longhaul flight waiting 11hrs until you get to your destination, then probably another 2hrs until you get to a decent restaurant isn't something that's viable. It's a bit like saying, I can't believe you'd pay another $200 to buy extra legroom on a longhaul flight, just use that money to buy a better couch when you get home.

Quoting winginit (Reply 34):
I look back and wish that I'd simply had even a mediocre burger, salad-as-a-meal, or basic pasta dish that's easy to present and near impossible to botch.

That's the key with airline food, pick items that can be cooked really well in the air and not something over fancy just because. Some airlines do find ways to do more complicated things very well but for the most part a steak is going to end up pretty bad.

This past Sunday I flew AA F MCO-JFK and prebooked the sachetti pasta with vodka sauce instead of the blackened shrimp with jalapeno grits. Simple but very well executed. I've already pre-booked it for a flight in a few weeks time where I have the same options!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

jamesontheroad

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Quoting summa767 (Thread starter):
Here is a selection: http://www.britishairways.com/assets.../world-traveller-pre-paid-menu.pdf

Vegetarians of the world rejoice. Yet another chef thinks "goats cheese with marinated beetroot salad" is some kind of innovation 

Stitch

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Quoting fbgdavidson (Reply 35):
If you're on a longhaul flight waiting 11hrs until you get to your destination, then probably another 2hrs until you get to a decent restaurant isn't something that's viable.

There can be also issues with the time of day (or night) when you land. It is possible there are no fine dining establishments open when you arrive or, for that matter, any dining establishments open nearby.

If I need to spend 20 Euros on a cab to get to a fast food place open at 11pm or 5am to spend an additional 10 Euro on said fast food, I personally would prefer to spend the 30 Euro on the plane for the meal and get to bed when I land.  

On the flip side, kind of shows the profit margins of Premium Economy when the meal you're getting is only 30 Euro of the likely many, many hundreds of Euro in total fare difference compared to Economy.  

777way

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Quoting akinsoul (Reply 12):

Nice video and the meals look worth it and just like in BA official pics of them 99%, loved the snack box and its contents, especially the napkin.

manny

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 30):
Apparently the longest U.S. flights (LAX, SFO, LAS, and PHX) now get a hot option for breakfast.

Atleast on LAX, SFO markets they have competition from ME3 carriers. I wish EK, EY would start a DEN to UAE flight. Then we might stop seeing the bastard child treatment we get from BA and LH.

[Edited 2015-10-21 11:59:42]

FlyCaledonian

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Quoting akinsoul (Reply 12):
Other plus points: our meals came out 45 minutes before everybody else's.

Anything to stop someone having one of the premium meals in that case, then the complimentary one on top?
Let's Go British Caledonian!

dank

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Quoting manny (Reply 39):

Quoting OA412 (Reply 30):

Atleast on LAX, SFO markets they have competition from ME3 carriers. I wish EK, EY would start a DEN to UAE flight. Then we might stop seeing the bastard child treatment we get from BA and LH.

J has gotten enhanced services on the west coast flights as well. Breakfast has swapped bacon rolls for options including an English breakfast and tea on the return flight was replaced by fairly substantial "light" meals. It never made sense that JFK-LHR flights and LAX/SFO-LHR flights essentially got the same service considering the differences in stage lengths. On the premium meal front, I miss the braised short ribs on BA. This is something that does well cooked for long. Fillet, as appealing as it might be generally, never does well but is always an option.

Choosing meals early in J has been available for a little while, but only was flights from LHR.

Viscount724

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:40 am

Quoting fbgdavidson (Reply 35):

I don't really see the logic there. If you're on a longhaul flight waiting 11hrs until you get to your destination, then probably another 2hrs until you get to a decent restaurant isn't something that's viable. It's a bit like saying, I can't believe you'd pay another $200 to buy extra legroom on a longhaul flight, just use that money to buy a better couch when you get home.

I'm not saying you don't eat on an 11 hour flight. I'm suggesting you eat the standard Y class meal served on the flight which is enough to avoid starvation. Spending another $20 or $30 on what is just slightly better reheated airline food prepared a few hours before your flight makes no sense. Total waste of money in my opinion.

LLA001

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 am

Quoting winginit (Reply 34):
wish that I'd simply had even a mediocre burger, salad-as-a-meal, or basic pasta dish that's easy to present and near impossible to botch.

Exactly, simple food simple taste, no great expectation and everyone would be happy. For me personally, if I had a choice between two airliners, one serving regular airplane meals, the other serving fast food ( even McDonalds) I would prefer the latter one. Easier to eat and fully nourished.

One technical question, there are a lot of items in the menu, I am sure they have thought of it but do you think it will be comfortable at economy seat tray to have all those plates, especially middle seat ?

ckfred

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Quoting LLA001 (Reply 43):
Exactly, simple food simple taste, no great expectation and everyone would be happy. For me personally, if I had a choice between two airliners, one serving regular airplane meals, the other serving fast food ( even McDonalds) I would prefer the latter one. Easier to eat and fully nourished.

Back when AA, UA, and DL either had sack meals sitting in boxes on jet bridges or had some sort of boxed meal, either in a box or a plastic container that was supposed to look like a wicker basket, William F. Buckley, Jr. wrote a column about the sorry state of food in coach.

He had flown LGA-ORD for business and was appalled by the sorry excuse for a sandwich and the tiny, dry cookie.

He suggested that whichever airline could offer a good New York deli sandwich (but not as large as what you get at Carnegie or Katz's) and a cup of TCBY frozen yogurt would get the lion's share of traffic.

Now, back in the 80s and 90s, you could order a McDonald's Happy Meal for children flying on UA. And back in the 70s, Piedmont used to offer Krispy Kreme donuts on its shorter morning flights. I also think Great Plains Airlines, a short-lived carrier based in Oklahoma, also served Krispy Kreme for breakfast and Arby's for lunch and dinner.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos