EIDL

RE: Aer Lingus To BDL, LAX And EWR

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Quoting chrisnh (Reply 44):
Much is being made of the late-season start at BDL, but consider that the folks in Ireland love coming here to shop (Wrentham Outlets, et al). So while it might be the tail end of the summer-weather season, it's the start of the busy shopping season.

Dollar needs to collapse in value for that to really re-start.

airbazar

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Quoting EIDL (Reply 50):

It helps but not needed. Europeans have always enjoyed shopping trips to the U.S. because the prices here are so much cheaper. The good news is that the way things are right now in regards to currency exchange rate, demand is not so one sided.

TWA902fly

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Quoting Eagleboy (Reply 49):
t will have an impact, however the ET operation is a fuel/transit stop on ADD-DUB-LAX. They also operate 2 other fuel only stops at more or less the same time. Some mornings there can be 3x B787 in ET colours on the ramp at DUB (its usally a mix of B777 and B787)

The difference with ADD-LAX-DUB is that it stops in DUB in both directions, allowing people to fly LAX DUB LAX roundtrip, which people do. This is not the case with IAD and YYZ where the eastbound flights operate nonstop. So I think this new EI service will have some impact specifically on the ET LAX route.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

tom11

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:09 am

Quoting HVNandrew (Reply 42):
s that the old domestic terminal which closed a few years ago, or the IAB? I don't recall the IAB being that old. Also I think it's still in active use - DL must use it to clear customs for their CUN flights.

The IAB isn't going anywhere. DL uses it for CUN. It's Terminal B (The Murphy Terminal) that is being torn down.

MAH4546

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:28 am

Quoting EIDL (Reply 50):

Quoting chrisnh (Reply 44):
Much is being made of the late-season start at BDL, but consider that the folks in Ireland love coming here to shop (Wrentham Outlets, et al). So while it might be the tail end of the summer-weather season, it's the start of the busy shopping season.

Even with the weak euro right now, consumer goods are still a bargain in the States compared to Europe.
a.

Viscount724

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 am

Quoting TWA902fly (Reply 52):
The difference with ADD-LAX-DUB is that it stops in DUB in both directions, allowing people to fly LAX DUB LAX roundtrip, which people do. This is not the case with IAD and YYZ where the eastbound flights operate nonstop.

ET doesn't sell 5th freedom traffic on the sectors where they only operate in one direction. Wouldn't make sense as few passengers are flying only one way. They also didn't sell 5th freedom traffic when the fuel stops were at FCO, even when they stopped there in both directions.

jsnww81

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:08 am

Quoting clrd4t8koff (Reply 48):
So where's the announcement for Miami?

Clearly Aer Lingus didn't get the memo about the world's most unbelievably high-yielding destination. What on earth are they thinking?!?!

Then again, Aer Lingus doesn't even *have* an F product, and (lest we forget) one simply MUST have F for the ultra-discriminating denizens of South Florida.

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:10 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 1):
LAX and MIA are expected to be announced tomorrow as well.

lol the world revolves around Miami  

BestWestern

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:12 am

Miami will happen - just not this year.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

airbazar

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Quoting jsnww81 (Reply 56):

Clearly Aer Lingus didn't get the memo about the world's most unbelievably high-yielding destination. What on earth are they thinking?!?!

I get the sarcasm   but lets not forget that the recent IAG takeover of EI has certainly affected some of their plans. I still think it will happen but with OneWorld now fully in control of the Ireland and UK markets there is no need to hurry.

clrd4t8koff

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Quoting jsnww81 (Reply 56):

Then again, Aer Lingus doesn't even *have* an F product, and (lest we forget) one simply MUST have F for the ultra-discriminating denizens of South Florida.
Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 57):
lol the world revolves around Miami  

HA! I love it! So glad others picked up on my sarcasm.

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 58):
Miami will happen - just not this year.

Maybe, maybe not. I understand IAG will be a driving force behind potentially starting the route, but really what does DUB-MIA offer that LHR-MIA isn't already covering? There isn't a big Irish population in and around MIA, and MCO tends to be more of the preferred vacation market.

Miami

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Quoting clrd4t8koff (Reply 60):

Yawn....

Maybe, maybe not. I understand IAG will be a driving force behind potentially starting the route, but really what does DUB-MIA offer that LHR-MIA isn't already covering? There isn't a big Irish population in and around MIA, and MCO tends to be more of the preferred vacation market.

Pretty much has OneWorld written all over it.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

toxtethogrady

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:44 pm

No MIA, no DFW. There is no joy in Mudville...

727LOVER

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:19 pm

There isn't a big Irish population in and around MIA, and MCO tends to be more of the preferred vacation market.

Not everyone got that memo:
Why Does EI Fly To MCO Instead Of MIA? (by miaintl Aug 17 2015 in Civil Aviation)
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

clrd4t8koff

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 61):

Yawn....

Pretty much has OneWorld written all over it.

See below

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 63):
Not everyone got that memo:
Why Does EI Fly To MCO Instead Of MIA?

ivanpaneque

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:29 pm

Aer Lingus to another plane painted in livery of rugby EI-DEI Ex Virgin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3gZe4rm4ao

lesfalls

Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:02 am

What happened to the 3rd daily service to JFK or is that being used for their new EWR service?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.

shamrock350

Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:14 am

Quoting Lesfalls (Reply 66):
What happened to the 3rd daily service to JFK or is that being used for their new EWR service?

I believe it did quite well but it may have become a victim of aircraft availability. This summer Aer Lingus hired in a 767 for their SNN-BOS service which freed up the 757 for the 3rd daily JFK flight, unfortunately the 767 hire in proved very unpopular and seems unlikely to return.

A fourth 757 is arriving but that looks set to operate DUB-IAD daily, up from the current 4 weekly A332, the other 757 remains on DUB-YYZ and the remaining two stay at SNN meaning no room for the peak summer 3rd JFK flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos