Amiga500
Topic Author

Improve Air Transport....

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:40 pm

Topic title couldn't fit in all I wanted it to.

If you could change or improve one thing about the entire air transport experience, what would it be.

Few examples:

- Improved links to the airport
- Shortened check-in time
- Better facilities at check-in
- Shortened security time
- Improved gate facilities (seats/TVs etc)
- Improved boarding procedures
- Nicer aircraft environment
- More seat space
- More onboard luggage space
- Improved deboard times (inc. luggage collect)
- Lower costs for booking amendments
- Less baggage fees
- Missed flight doesn't equate to airline's chance to fleece you. For instance, the booking price on a later flight should have the existing ticket's purchase price deducted.

There are people from airports, airframers and airlines on this forum - they may even take heed of your suggestions, so don't be shy!! [and try to keep it realistic - no personal jacuzzi on the flight!]

longhauler

RE: Improve Air Transport....

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:10 pm

Your suggestions are all very well thought up. But ... you do realize that most of them can be found by buying a seat in a premium cabin.

Yes, it is expensive. But that is the big difference between now and say 40 years ago. Flying 40 years ago, the experience was very pleasant ... and about as expensive as flying in a premium cabin today. The unpleasant experience of today occurs in a cabin and at a fare level that never existed before.

If I were to make a suggestion, and it would cost the airlines nothing: Is to treat passengers with respect and dignity and to understand that not everyone is well versed with the process, and even intelligent very capable sometimes get "lost". Customer contact airline employees today see so many people ... I think sometimes they forget.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

Amiga500
Topic Author

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Quoting longhauler (Reply 1):
But ... you do realize that most of them can be found by buying a seat in a premium cabin.

Yes, well... if you've enough money you could buy a private jet.  

I'm more interested in what get's people pi$$ed off most*, so what would be best concentrated on by the airports/airframers/airlines.

*if there is even one single thing that stands out.

migair54

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Interesting topic,

In my opinion the worse part of flying nowadays is the on board experience, however I think it´s improving but the 10 abreast seating and the minimum seat pitch is terrible in some planes.
The personal tv are getting better, IFE is good, but still short legroom in economy, I would love to know what are the seat designers planing for the future and how can this be improved, in the last years some new seats have been introduced but instead of increasing the seat pitch we have seen the same pitch but more seat in the plane.

Your suggestions are all very well thought up. But ... you do realize that most of them can be found by buying a seat in a premium cabin.

It does, but not everybody can afford to pay that money, and airlines still need people flying in the planes.

The other problem most of us hate is the security, however it´s a necessary problem, and we have seen it during the years.

Recently I had a great experience with KLM and the self check in machines, I did all my wife and myself check in with bag tags and boarding passes in 3-4 mins and, it was great.

I also love the border in the UE with the self-machines, smooth and easy for UE passport holders.

Quoting Amiga500 (Thread starter):

Actually I think that one is going the opposite direction.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/583...size-allowance-new-worldwide-rules

RJNUT

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:02 pm

one of the intangibles that lay people don't understand much about, like improved ATC procedures,especially on East Coast would be my 1st priority

ArmitageShanks

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:04 pm

I would like to see lower fares.

Amiga500
Topic Author

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Quoting RJNUT (Reply 4):
one of the intangibles that lay people don't understand much about, like improved ATC procedures,especially on East Coast would be my 1st priority

What would the end effect of this be on the average passenger?

RJNUT

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Quoting Amiga500 (Reply 6):

fewer missed connections, far fewer cancellations. I am not completely versed in what steps need to be taken but there are technical upgrades in system and approach procedures and air space allocations ( some politically incorrect ) that could make significant improvements in schedule integrity.

Amiga500
Topic Author

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Quoting RJNUT (Reply 7):
improvements in schedule integrity.

So as far as the passenger is concerned, thats the problem you want addressed most.

Okedokey.

RJNUT

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Quoting Amiga500 (Reply 8):
So as far as the passenger is concerned, thats the problem you want addressed most.

not here to argue but it is HUGE, and an unseen benefit to travelers that would be immeasurable. I see you are in Ireland and may not be aware of the persistent air traffic bottlenecks that take place and disrupt air travel in the Eastern US with also a ripple effects across the entire country!
perhaps I chose wrong thread to discuss

thanks

pvjin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:47 pm

I would ban ME3 from western airspace together with Saudi Arabian. Then I would nationalize all old European carriers (KLM, BA, AF, Finnair , Lufthansa, Iberia etc) and allow them to destroy all competition. Free market is overrated, I would gladly give my more of my money to a strong state owned Finnair.

[Edited 2015-10-21 08:48:57]
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

AWACSooner

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Fire the TSA and bring in competent folks to run security in the United States.
Get rid of the bull**** rule where you have to re-clear security after clearing customs when connecting to flights in the US and UK and other countries. If you're worried about security at the origin, then prohibit airlines from flying there to your country.

diverted

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Quoting AWACSooner (Reply 11):

This.
The single biggest annoyance with flying is the TSA/CATSA in North America. Useless individuals making about double what they should, while not really doing anything at all. But they act like if it wasn't for them, airplanes would be falling out of the sky left right and centre. However, in every study I've seen, something like 70+% of "threats" make it through undetected. Great waste of dollars. Them and Air Marshall's, but that's another story. I mean, I guess if you're going to waste taxpayer dollars, might as well have it end up in local economies rather than offshore but come on...

RIX

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:28 pm

My favorite is, waiting for gate departure right after pushback (took 35 min with DL once) or for available gate after arrival (took 55 min with AA once; both in JFK). Same old

Quoting RJNUT (Reply 9):
persistent air traffic bottlenecks that take place and disrupt air travel in the Eastern US

Quoting pvjin (Reply 10):
Free market is overrated

Notth Korea is still there. Not sure though ME3 don't fly there, so even they may not be perfect. A tough one..

FriscoHeavy

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:40 pm

I would ban ME3 from western airspace together with Saudi Arabian. Then I would nationalize all old European carriers (KLM, BA, AF, Finnair , Lufthansa, Iberia etc) and allow them to destroy all competition. Free market is overrated, I would gladly give my more of my money to a strong state owned Finnair.

....surely you are joking.
Whatever

pvjin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Quoting RIX (Reply 13):
Notth Korea is still there. Not sure though ME3 don't fly there, so even they may not be perfect. A tough one..

Quoting The other guy, anet messed up this quotation as usual (Reply 13):
....surely you are joking.

North Korea is way too totalitarian for my taste. Something like Cuba in mid 1980's would be my ideal.

I'm dead serious. Higher ticket prices would also mean smaller amount of passengers, which in turn would result in less flights and lower carbon emissions. Anyone who cares about long term survival of humankind should support nationalization and destruction of free market.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

StrandedAtMKG

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Quoting diverted (Reply 12):
Useless individuals making about double what they should, while not really doing anything at all.

You misspelled "half of what they should." Wages for TSA screeners start at $11.30/hr, barely above minimum wage, and below a living wage in most places. If TSA screeners actually made decent money they'd attract more competent, intelligent people. Right now no one in high school or college says "I want to be a TSA screener when I grow up!" When you pay subsistence wages, you scrape employees from the bottom of the barrel.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, the single worst development in American domestic air travel in the last couple decades has been the outrageous baggage fees. It causes people to drag everything but the kitchen sink on the aircraft, making an already-tight sardine-can-like experience a hundred times worse. Airlines are still charging like it's 2001-2003 but making record profits, and everyone suffers for it. Drop the baggage fees down to $5-10 per bag and enforce already-existing rules on carry-ons. It would make a world of difference.

As long as I'm ranting, stop pretending that a half a can of soda is the difference between bankruptcy and record profits. Jeez.

FriscoHeavy

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 15):
I'm dead serious. Higher ticket prices would also mean smaller amount of passengers, which in turn would result in less flights and lower carbon emissions. Anyone who cares about long term survival of humankind should support nationalization and destruction of free market.

Well, do your part by not flying. Free Market is the best and only way to go. I'll fly in your place and emit as many "carbon emissions" as possible, along with driving my SUV.
Whatever

RIX

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Higher ticket prices would also mean smaller amount of passengers, which in turn would result in less flights and lower carbon emissions.

...and high prices on cars (7000 to 10000 and more roubles with average salary 190 a month) with huge waiting list to get one (several years if you are lucky) will resolve the carbon emissions issue on the ground.

Quoting The other guy, anet messed up this quotation as usual (Reply 13):

a.net must be nationalized.

pvjin

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Quoting FriscoHeavy (Reply 17):
Well, do your part by not flying. Free Market is the best and only way to go. I'll fly in your place and emit as many "carbon emissions" as possible, along with driving my SUV.

I'm glad to see you follow proper American conservative tradition of selfishness and not giving a damn about welfare of others. World needs more people like you who value and preserve their cultural traditions.

But please, get rid of that SUV. All SUV's are ugly and based on my experiences at least in Finland most SUV drivers tend to drive under the speed limit. Overtaking them is annoying as SUV's block more visibility than regular cars do.

Quoting RIX (Reply 18):
...and high prices on cars (7000 to 10000 and more roubles with average salary 190 a month) with huge waiting list to get one (several years if you are lucky) will resolve the carbon emissions issue on the ground.

Exactly. Stalin was a misunderstood environmentalist.

Quoting RIX (Reply 18):
a.net must be nationalized.

Indeed it should, the level of management would skyrocket.

Also, let's look at the bright side. A national airline doesn't need to care about things like profit, thus in a world of planned economies and nationalization we (the party elite) would be all flying in beautiful DC-10's and 747's rather than boring A330's and 777's.

[Edited 2015-10-21 12:24:22]

diverted

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Quoting StrandedAtMKG (Reply 16):
You misspelled "half of what they should." Wages for TSA screeners start at $11.30/hr, barely above minimum wage, and below a living wage in most places. If TSA screeners actually made decent money they'd attract more competent, intelligent people. Right now no one in high school or college says "I want to be a TSA screener when I grow up!" When you pay subsistence wages, you scrape employees from the bottom of the barrel.

I dindn't realize TSA paid that way. CATSA starts around $18.50CAD (I think minimum wage is around $10.50 right now for reference)

When airlines are paying ground staff $10.50, CATSA seems like a good gig for a 19/20 year old, which seems to be a good portion of them when I'm flying.

Either way, a huge waste of government resources

[Edited 2015-10-21 12:25:02]

FriscoHeavy

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:37 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 19):
not giving a damn about welfare of others. World needs more people like you who value and preserve their cultural traditions.

I give a big damn about the welfare of others. I help people out all the time and love doing it. I donate time, goods and money to help those in need. My SUV or anyone else's isn't going to destroy the Earth....get over your backwards thinking that the left has programmed you to believe. I certainly do value my culture and traditions. It's something I'm very proud of and as such, should not be ashamed. While I'm proud and value my culture, it doesn't mean others are any less important.
Whatever

bgm

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Quoting FriscoHeavy (Reply 21):
I give a big damn about the welfare of others. I help people out all the time and love doing it. I donate time, goods and money to help those in need. My SUV or anyone else's isn't going to destroy the Earth....get over your backwards thinking that the left has programmed you to believe. I certainly do value my culture and traditions. It's something I'm very proud of and as such, should not be ashamed. While I'm proud and value my culture, it doesn't mean others are any less important.

You're *proud* of actively polluting the earth more than you need to?   

I'll put that right up there with your comment about Jon Stewart being "unconstitutional". Maybe you've been inhaling the fumes from your gas-guzzling SUV?   
OK boomer.

AWACSooner

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Quoting StrandedAtMKG (Reply 16):

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, the single worst development in American domestic air travel in the last couple decades has been the outrageous baggage fees. It causes people to drag everything but the kitchen sink on the aircraft, making an already-tight sardine-can-like experience a hundred times worse. Airlines are still charging like it's 2001-2003 but making record profits, and everyone suffers for it. Drop the baggage fees down to $5-10 per bag and enforce already-existing rules on carry-ons. It would make a world of difference.

Yah...I forgot to mention this too...and starting by making carry-on fees illegal would be awesome!

Natflyer

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 5):

And therein lies the root...

mayor

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:16 am

Quoting migair54 (Reply 3):

Actually I think that one is going the opposite direction.

I believe most of the newer a/c and even those that are having the interiors furnished have more luggage space.

Quoting Amiga500 (Reply 6):

Fewer delays from the Mississippi River eastwards....fewer arrival delays at most airports in the east and, consequently, fewer delays througout the U.S. Also, fewer ATC ground delays because of traffic in the EAST.

When this is done, since there is virtually NO competition, what is the incentive for better interiors, new a/c, better meal service, etc.

Quoting FriscoHeavy (Reply 17):
I'll fly in your place and emit as many "carbon emissions" as possible,

Serving beans on the meal flights, now?  
Quoting bgm (Reply 22):

You're *proud* of actively polluting the earth more than you need to?

Who gets to decide what type of vehicle another needs or should drive? Without even knowing the member, you ASSUME that he doesn't need an SUV.  
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

pvjin

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:09 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 25):
When this is done, since there is virtually NO competition, what is the incentive for better interiors, new a/c, better meal service, etc.

I will gladly fly in a cargo hold of an IL-76 eating cabbage and drinking vodka. Modern comforts are overrated, air travel is supposed to be a way of going from point A to point B rather than a restaurant or a movie theater. If the airplane has passenger windows they'll offer enough entertainment.

mayor

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 26):

Quoting mayor (Reply 25):

I will gladly fly in a cargo hold of an IL-76 eating cabbage and drinking vodka. Modern comforts are overrated, air travel is supposed to be a way of going from point A to point B rather than a restaurant or a movie theater. If the airplane has passenger windows they'll offer enough entertainment.

Apparently, then, you're more sophisticated than the rest of us. I think you're in a very, very small minority of one that would enjoy flying as you want. I suppose you'd also like the following........on a ship, you'd just as soon ride in steerage......on a train, you'd just as soon ride in the cattle cars.......am I guessing this about right? You might want to discuss this with your fellow countrymen and see if their thoughts are the same as yours or would they rather have comfortable seats, etc. Considering your menu choice, I can imagine the atmosphere in the cabin on a long haul flight.

[Edited 2015-10-22 08:35:28]
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

alasizon

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:41 pm

From working in the industry every day, I have to say the biggest improvement that can be made is better customer service. Regardless of what fees and so on happen, the customer service has gone down the drain for "regular" customers and even lower level elites. One of the simplest things to start it off would be a happy, smiling gate/ticket counter agent. Most agents don't love their job, it just pays the bills and customers can be a pain, but there is so much more that could be done for people who aren't nasty. Tight connections, missed connections, weight restrictions, etc could all be vastly improved with a change in mindset. The answer should not be "I can't help you, go to Customer Service over there".
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

FriscoHeavy

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Quoting alasizon (Reply 28):
From working in the industry every day, I have to say the biggest improvement that can be made is better customer service. Regardless of what fees and so on happen, the customer service has gone down the drain for "regular" customers and even lower level elites. One of the simplest things to start it off would be a happy, smiling gate/ticket counter agent. Most agents don't love their job, it just pays the bills and customers can be a pain, but there is so much more that could be done for people who aren't nasty. Tight connections, missed connections, weight restrictions, etc could all be vastly improved with a change in mindset. The answer should not be "I can't help you, go to Customer Service over there".

Whatever

Prost

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 pm

In the years I've been working in the industry, the agents went from 2-3 boarding a plane to a single agent. So if there's an issue with a boarding pass, the whole process gets gummed up, and if the door isn't closed on time, the agent has to answer to the higher ups. I know in this world of self service check ins, boarding passes, etc. things should be easier for them, but they seldom are. This may make the agents harried and flustered, but sometimes a saying 'wow, your having to pull out all the stops to get this flight out' might actually make them feel appreciated and get a grin from them and reset their mood. We all like accolades every once in a while, but the agents have it tough. Revenue management at airlines have made it difficult for agents when they sell bare bones seats that only get assigned at boarding. Passengers try to get seated together at the lowest fare class, and if it's a full flight, that isn't always possible. All of a sudden, the agent is the bad guy.

Whenever friends of mine ask me if there are any horrible passenger stories, I tell them very few. 99.99% of the time the passengers are kind. I hope that the reverse is true, that 99.99% of the time passengers experience decent airline employees. Reading A.net I'd doubt my experience of customers or my hypothesis of airline employees. If we look for failures, we'll find them. If we look for success we can find that as well.

TWA772LR

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:23 pm

would be all flying in beautiful DC-10's and 747's rather than boring A330's and 777's.

The 777 and A330 haven't had any crashes attributed to the design of the aircraft itself, unlike those "beautiful" 747s and DC-10s. I've had sex with some beautiful ladies, that doesn't mean I wanna marry them!!!

Stalin was a misunderstood environmentalist.

Stalin was probably the most paranoid person of power in all of human history. Spoiler alert, he also hated flying, he was deathly afraid of it.

A lot of what you suggest, while very valid and we'll thought, aren't at the hands of the consumer. They are at the hands of the government and other regulators. I would suggest that airlines make all IFE, including wifi and DirecTV, free. Nickel and coming has to stop at some point, why not when the person is actually flying and utilizing the core of your product?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

diverted

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Quoting Prost (Reply 30):
In the years I've been working in the industry, the agents went from 2-3 boarding a plane to a single agent. So if there's an issue with a boarding pass, the whole process gets gummed up, and if the door isn't closed on time, the agent has to answer to the higher ups. I know in this world of self service check ins, boarding passes, etc. things should be easier for them, but they seldom are. This may make the agents harried and flustered, but sometimes a saying 'wow, your having to pull out all the stops to get this flight out' might actually make them feel appreciated and get a grin from them and reset their mood. We all like accolades every once in a while, but the agents have it tough. Revenue management at airlines have made it difficult for agents when they sell bare bones seats that only get assigned at boarding. Passengers try to get seated together at the lowest fare class, and if it's a full flight, that isn't always possible. All of a sudden, the agent is the bad guy.

Agree 100%. You may feel like the ticket agent should have their biggest smile on, and to an extent I agree with you. But when you're making barely above minimum wage, and the last 100 people you've dealt with have done nothing but tell you how awful the company you work for is, it's tough. I got my start as a gate/ticket agent. For the most part we would try and be cheerful, helpful etc. But it's very difficult to put on a big smile and be extra friendly when people belittle you and act like it's your fault that their flight was cancelled. No matter what you tell them, it doesn't matter. Though, every now and then you get someone who can empathize and comments about how tough it may be, or how you could use a beer or ten. Those people are the ones that keep you from pulling a scene from Clerks and "F you I'm out."

Same goes for any position where the employees have to interact with the pax. Do you think the FA wants to hear you moan about how your in seat usb isn't working? I don't at all want to sound like the grumpy airline employee who vies pax as an inconvenience, but employees are people too. I think that's lost on a good portion of the flying public.

Keep in mind, no matter how grumpy ground staff or cabin crew may seem, they're doing it because they like aviation/travel/airplanes etc. Not because they want a stable career with a good pension. Odds are that ticket agent is contracted out, making minimum wage, working awful hours, and dealing with way too much for one person.

Now, again, there's the few people who can understand the stress and rush, and make the day SO much better.

I once had two (very cute) girls come up in the line and offer to buy me and my colleague coffee. Of course we declined. About a half hour later, still processing the line, up come these two girls with coffees. Needless to say they got preferential treatment when it came to rebooking and seat assignments.

Quoting alasizon (Reply 28):
One of the simplest things to start it off would be a happy, smiling gate/ticket counter agent. Most agents don't love their job, it just pays the bills and customers can be a pain, but there is so much more that could be done for people who aren't nasty.

Give them a smile when you come up to the gate. Ask them how they're doing, and odds are they'll help you out more. Heck, tell a decent joke or say something witty, or even just empathize with their situation and there's a good chance you'll end up with an emergency exit, or even an upgrade.

ua900

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm

I'll go with *mutual* smiles and *mutual* human respect in the interaction between passengers and staff.

Staff, realize that passengers get nickeled and dimed by the airlines (their own fault for flying economy on the cheapest carriers) and are thus tired and beat up by the time they see their airline representatives. Understand that they nonetheless pay $30 a day for parking, taxis, hotels, rental cars at their destination, possibly a deluge of ancillary fees, etc etc etc.

Passengers, realize that transportation workers living conditions are likely worse than yours. They can get called in on a short notice, their salaries and benefits are constantly reviewed for ways to lower the bar further and further, they are constantly expected to handle ever larger volumes of issues, even going as far as sending out a single person to deal with a cancelled flight of 300 people.

you do realize that most of them can be found by buying a seat in a premium cabin.
Flying 40 years ago, the experience was very pleasant ... and about as expensive as flying in a premium cabin today. The unpleasant experience of today occurs in a cabin and at a fare level that never existed before.

Quoting Amiga500 (Reply 2):
Yes, well... if you've enough money you could buy a private jet.

Flying in the C cabin of a commercial airline is far away from buying a private jet in both budget and experience.

Quoting Amiga500 (Reply 2):
I'm more interested in what get's people pi$$ed off most*, so what would be best concentrated on by the airports/airframers/airlines.

Muckraking is always fun, right? In that case, we can go back to your original list which again is *mostly* avoidable, with the possible exception of having to sit next to someone who got upgraded for free on a domestic flight and will gloat about domestic F for the next 5 hours on Facebook or Twitter while taking two dozen selfies, half of them with me in the picture.

We'd be a lot closer to getting what we pay for if they were less top heavy.

Get rid of the bull**** rule where you have to re-clear security after clearing customs when connecting to flights in the US and UK and other countries.

Funny story, they actually still find stuff occasionally the first two sweeps at the country of origin missed. Not sure why some U.S. airports have pre-check for int'l transfers though and others (IAD!!!) don't.

If you're worried about security at the origin, then prohibit airlines from flying there to your country.

Far more frequent problem than pax is probably ground staff at the airport of origin potentially colluding with U.S. based ground staff smuggling stuff in the cargo hold. Good luck trying to convince UA/AA/DL to pull a route based on country of origin though.
2020: DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | IAH | LAX | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SFO | TXL

EIDL

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Cut the security theatre. We all know rather a lot of it is for show and fear, nothing else.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos