nitepilot79
Topic Author

Pooch/Beast In F On AA To Denver

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:17 am

This behemoth looks like he could eat someone! The dog flew in F. Maybe it's the only place in the plane it would legally fit. I just hope the "pup" take a dump on board...

http://twitter.com/madeleinedoux/status/658805245057757184

Article quote:

"This dog flew first class on an American Airlines flight to Denver Monday night, according to Twitter user @madeleinedoux.

The pooch was so popular that even the airline's staff had to snap a picture."

Okie

RE: Pooch/Beast In F On AA To Denver

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:29 am

Quoting nitepilot79 (Thread starter):
The pooch was so popular that even the airline's staff had to snap a picture."

That looked more like Jabba the Hutt

Okie

kraz911

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 am

Hello all,

Someone on there used ,"Jabba the Mutt".

First class? Did he use miles or Milkbones? Or they cut a deal for weight and balance?

Hank's choice was the Dog Channel for the flight, I bet.

I have a 165 lb rottie named Hanna. Can she go too???

777ord

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:01 am

omg.... that's hilarious!!!! I'd be calling CCRO for SURE!!!!

kraz911

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:16 am

Hello again,

Did someone get bumped out of first for Hank? Also as a "pax" in first, he was entitled to the first only rest room!!

I'll stop now...

777Jet

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:39 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 1):
That looked more like Jabba the Hutt

It looks like one of my co-workers, who we actually nickname 'Jabba the Hut' anyway  
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

Viscount724

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:45 am

Unless it's a service dog , which seems unlikely, don't animals carried in the cabin have to be in a kennel/container and remain there for the duration of the flight? I can't see that dog fitting into any kennel small enough to be carried in the cabin.

Many carriers have a weight limit for animals in the cabin of about 10 kg or 22 lbs, including the kennel. That dog weighs much more than that.

kraz911

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am

Hello all,

Flying to DEN, Hank joined the mile high club and in first class also, sort of...

alfa164

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 6):

Unless it's a service dog , which seems unlikely, don't animals carried in the cabin have to be in a kennel/container and remain there for the duration of the flight?

Don't you know... every pet is a "service animal" now. Or an "emotional support animal".

It seems passengers have all started asking their friendly doctor to write a note saying they need to take their "support" animal with them... everywhere... and avoid paying the pet fees (and following the rules for pets) wherever they go.

It's the best scam since the "Jesus Jetway"...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Ytraveller

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 am

Oh what a disgusting picture. Poor animal. That said, cows and pigs could only dream of that kind of treatment !

jetblueguy22

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 am

Oh sure, I play 20 questions with my 9 pound Dachshund who comfortably fits under the seat, but this lady can wheel this behemoth of a dog onboard no questions asked.
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

northwestEWR

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:06 am

Are you frickin' KIDDING ME? That thing is probably 200lbs and if it can't even walk, it's certainly not performing any legitimate service. Where are they putting that enormous cart? I sure as hell hope she paid for 2 F seats but I seriously doubt it.

Unless it's a service dog , which seems unlikely, don't animals carried in the cabin have to be in a kennel/container and remain there for the duration of the flight? I can't see that dog fitting into any kennel small enough to be carried in the cabin.

Many carriers have a weight limit for animals in the cabin of about 10 kg or 22 lbs, including the kennel. That dog weighs much more than that.

Yes they do and the kennel has to remain under the seat the entire trip.

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 8):
Don't you know... every pet is a "service animal" now. Or an "emotional support animal".

It seems passengers have all started asking their friendly doctor to write a note saying they need to take their "support" animal with them... everywhere... and avoid paying the pet fees (and following the rules for pets) wherever they go.

It's gotten absolutely ridiculous lately. I love my dog but seriously? Emotional support animal? What happened to this generation? Good god man.

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 10):
Oh sure, I play 20 questions with my 9 pound Dachshund who comfortably fits under the seat, but this lady can wheel this behemoth of a dog onboard no questions asked.

Exactly. Thank you Pat!
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

AA777223

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Quoting Ytraveller (Reply 9):

Oh what a disgusting picture. Poor animal.

I wouldn't call it disgusting. He is a special needs animal, and cannot walk well. If you did a shred of research, without making snap judgements, you would find the story of the animal, and what this woman has done to help him. I'm not saying that necessarily makes him suitable for the cabin, but it doesn't make the dog disgusting.

I have a 130 lb mastiff who is pretty much my fur-child. I have often wondered how, if I had to transport him, I would do it. I suspect it would involve a pet transport service, but if she paid for a first class ticket, the carrier agreed in advance, and she and he could fit in two seats, I don't see a problem. If you review AA's pet transport policies, they will not transport any snub nosed or mastiff breeds in the hold (believe me, I've checked; link below). Fortunately for me, UA is a bit more understanding. I suspect she cleared this with AA in advance and didn't just show up at the airport with him. Most dogs can handle the 3-5 hours of a domestic flight without a bathroom break. I cannot say the same for all humans.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/specialAssistance/pets.jsp Look under "Dog breed restrictions."

Quoting northwestEWR (Reply 11):
I sure as hell hope she paid for 2 F seats but I seriously doubt it.

People are saying they hope she bought two seats. He weighs 165 lbs. As a 26-35 year old American male, I bet you weigh at least 165. Do you have to buy two first class seats? There are plenty of fatties shoe horned into coach who weight three times that. Quite frankly, if she cleared it with AA first, I think she did the repsonsible thing by paying for a first class seat for him, where he would best fit. I admit, I wouldn't necessarily do this myself. However, if I called the airline saying, "Hey, I have this dog. I need to take him to X. How do you propose I do it?" and this is what they said, I find no fault here. He looks clean and mastiffs rarely bark. He was probably quieter than most of the passengers in the cabin.

[Edited 2015-10-28 06:18:48]
A318/19/20/21, A300, A332/3, A343/6, A388, L1011, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, B722, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9, B743/4/4M, B752/3, B762/3/4, B772/E/W, B788/9, F-100, CRJ-200/700/900, ERJ-135/145/175/190, DH-8, ATR-72, DO-328, BAE-146

sixtyseven

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:44 pm

I bet it depends on the aircraft for putting a monster of this size down stairs. We had a pax book YYZ-LAX with a big pup (Irish wolfhound). He could only bring him on the flight served by the 767. Of course flight was down guaged to a 321 so Wolfie couldn't go.

I asked why this was. Is it the size of the kennel and the bulk door on the bus? It wasn't weight and balance. Never thought it could have bought a seat for it. Anyways didn't get an answer. This particular beast is a big fella. Could you imagine the panting? The drooling during meal service? The snoring? Things ass is the size of a hippo lol.
Stand-by for new ATIS message......

bhill

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:58 pm

If it was my money and I wanted to spend it on my dog for a first class seat....myob. Besides, lately, canines seem much mor civil then humans while flying...
Carpe Pices

Stitch

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Quoting Ytraveller (Reply 9):
That said, cows and pigs could only dream of that kind of treatment !

Actually at least one pig flew First on, I believe, US Air.

It did not go well based on trip reports...

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Really, you have no idea whether there were 'no questions asked' or not.

Clearly, an arrangement was made with AA to allow the dog to fly. If I can pay an extra fare for my cello to fly in the seat next to me, I'm sure we can figure out a way to pay for an extra first class seat for my show dog. (And let's be honest -- it's probably a show dog. That coat is magnificent!)

Quoting bhill (Reply 14):
myob

AR385

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:19 pm

So...in case of an emergency evacuation how´s that animal, whatever its health issues are, going to get out? Is the owner going to impede the egress of others trying to get the poor dog and that contraption into the aisle?

If there is bad turbulence, how is it restrained? That´s going to be a dangerous missile hurtling through the cabin. I would also think that it is going to cause a lot of injuries if there is an accident a la Asiana B777 in SFO, the UA DC-10 in´89 etc.

I sympathize with the needs of the animal, but I do not think it is wise to have it fly inside the cabin. Or maybe there are restraints for such bulky service animals I am not aware of?

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 17):
So...in case of an emergency evacuation how´s that animal, whatever its health issues are, going to get out? Is the owner going to impede the egress of others trying to get the poor dog and that contraption into the aisle?

If there is bad turbulence, how is it restrained? That´s going to be a dangerous missile hurtling through the cabin. I would also think that it is going to cause a lot of injuries if there is an accident a la Asiana B777 in SFO, the UA DC-10 in´89 etc.

I sympathize with the needs of the animal, but I do not think it is wise to have it fly inside the cabin. Or maybe there are restraints for such bulky service animals I am not aware of?

Ask the same things of a cello, and what are your answers?

Sadly, they are likely the same for the pooch/beast.

As for turbulence and Asiana or Sioux City, I think your imagination is a little too vivid.

727LOVER

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

I sure as hell hope she paid for 2 F seats but I seriously doubt it.
Quoting AA777223 (Reply 12):
People are saying they hope she bought two seats. He weighs 165 lbs. As a 26-35 year old American male, I bet you weigh at least 165. Do you have to buy two first class seats? There are plenty of fatties shoe horned into coach who weight three times that.

I think he meant 2seats = 1 for the lady, 1 for the dog.

fatties

Yeah, THAT'S mature.  
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 16):
Quoting AR385 (Reply 17):

Hmmm. A new rub:

Quote:
Mashable has learned that the dog's name is Hank and he belongs to Kari Whitman, an interior designer who founded Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue in Beverly Hills, California. Hank is Whitman's support animal and, due to an illness, can only move with the aid of a cart, which explains his weight. We hope Hank enjoys many more relaxing flights in first class.
http://mashable.com/2015/10/27/fat-dog-first-class/#2WeQsP6mriqY

FACEPALM.

I think that if we are going to allow "support animals," then they have to at least fit within allowable guidelines. No, you can't bring your "Support Horse" on the plane. Or your "Support Hippopotamus." And I think I would include your "Support Disabled Mastiff-St. Bernard Mix."

But with that said, if the owner purchased two tickets, I have no problem with it any more than someone who purchases a second ticket for their cello.

OA412

Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 20):
No, you can't bring your "Support Horse" on the plane.

Actually...

Big grin

[Edited 2015-10-28 09:33:04]
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

777way

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm

She is rich, I dont think buying a second ticket is an issue for her, she could even hire a private jet if she wanted to splurge.

AA needs to respected for allowing this huge dog, some wouldnt even with the owner willing to pay the fare for it.

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 21):

FACEPALM.

alfa164

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Hank is Whitman's support animal

That's his story... and he is sticking to it.   

On the other hand, it looks like Hank might need a support animal (or person)... maybe it is the other way around...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

starrymarkb

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:11 pm

It's gotten absolutely ridiculous lately. I love my dog but seriously? Emotional support animal? What happened to this generation? Good god man.

In most cases it's less about "emotional support" and more taking advantage of a loophole, pay a dubious doctor a fee (possibly even online) to designate the pet as an emotional support animal and the airlines have to treat it as a service animal and more importantly the pet travels free (or in the cases of more awkward animals the pet gets to travel without going separately as freight)

sixtyseven

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):

Ask the same things of a cello, and what are your answers?

Sadly, they are likely the same for the pooch/beast.

As for turbulence and Asiana or Sioux City, I think your imagination is a little too vivid.

Perhaps his imagination is a bit too specifically wild, but the concern is real. Unless that animal is restrained appropriately he would not get on my airplane. The little ones fit under a seat in their carrier to avoid them becoming missiles just like a suitcase. If Hank the Tank isn't restrained properly he too could become a missile like an unbelted human. Turbulence, a rejected take off are things that come to my mind. A cello would be restrained with a cabin net.

Sometimes a wild imagination is needed to think of all the possibilities to protect people. Or else you'll be answering to lawyers, the most imaginative people of all when it comes to lawsuits.

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Quoting starrymarkb (Reply 25):
and more importantly the pet travels free (or in the cases of more awkward animals the pet gets to travel without going separately as freight)

Which is why if it's true that this dog flew in a paid first class seat, I don't have a problem with it.

Freshside3

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm

On the other hand, would there be a kennel big enough to put it in the hold? The dog is even bigger than the biggest kennel I've seen at airports.

Quoting 777way (Reply 22):
AA needs to respected for allowing this huge dog, some wouldnt even with the owner willing to pay the fare for it.

Yes, they do need some respect for this. AA and the customer both. The vast majority of "emotional support" animals are a bunch of con artists trying to weasel their pet in without having to pay fees, on a phony baloney "justification".

sixtyseven

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm

But with that said, if the owner purchased two tickets, I have no problem with it any more than someone who purchases a second ticket for their cello.

A cello isn't going to impede an evacuation as it would be left in its seat. This big sucker can't even move. I doubt it's owner who goes to such lengths to travel with it is just gonna leave ole hank to burn. You think people going into the overhead to retrieve stuff during an evacuation slow things down. Trying to coax this big bastard down the slides with a pocket full of milk bones certainly would.

Hank should be grounded. I'm a dog lover but there comes a time when common sense should see the day. No matter how much you paid for his seat. It's more nonsense in a nonsensical world.

777way

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Maybe he was given a seat where he wouldnt be hurled as a projectile onto others, bulkhead facing.

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Quoting sixtyseven (Reply 29):
A cello isn't going to impede an evacuation as it would be left in its seat. This big sucker can't even move. I doubt it's owner who goes to such lengths to travel with it is just gonna leave ole hank to burn. You think people going into the overhead to retrieve stuff during an evacuation slow things down. Trying to coax this big bastard down the slides with a pocket full of milk bones certainly would.

I agree it is a fair concern, and I think you make good points. But is it that much different from disabled or obese persons? Would you ground them? (Honest question. I think the argument can be made that the answer is yes.)

777way

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Why should fat and disabled be grounded, thats inhumane.

AR385

Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):

Turbulence? not really. You of course know how it can be so bad that it will hurt those that are unfastened by throwing them up against the ceiling, bulkheads, galleys etc. Particularly in danger are FAs. Now with this animal it is doubly worse because even if the Captain knows about turbulence in advance and has everybody seated, this dog will not be secured. It may be thrown around and hurt someone. And even if it does not, it could end up hurting itself.

While the odds of a scenario like UA 232 are against such an event, even if the dog flies everyday for the rest of its life, the fact remains that an FA from that flight (I am sorry I could not find her name) has made a career trying to get it into the FAA´s head that the current method of restraining infants by holding them during T/O and landing is flawed. They go flying, essentially. It really is painful to hear how she describes seeing them go flying during the crash sequence.

Keep in mind too that of the 3 fatalities in the Asiana crash, two were ejected from the aircraft due to not wearing their seatbelts. One, of course, ended up being run over by the firetruck. But the other died as a result of her injuries sustained by being ejcted. and the one ran over is safe to assume was already in pretty bad shape.

I understand it may have appeared that my imagination was a bit vivid, or that my post was kind of alarmist, but given that this dog is not a little Chihuahua, I think the above are things that need to be kept in mind when accepting animals of that size into the passenger cabin.

sixtyseven

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 31):
I agree it is a fair concern, and I think you make good points. But is it that much different from disabled or obese persons? Would you ground them? (Honest question. I think the argument can be made that the answer is yes.)

My concern would be how the animal would react in an emergency. There are procedures in place in dealing with disabled or special attention passengers. Not a massive immobile dog.

If that dog was boarded on my flight, without proper restraints, he would not travel. Which sucks because he's an awesome looking Pooch.

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 32):

Why should fat and disabled be grounded, thats inhumane.

Well, if it's fair game to say that a dog that needs assistance in the event of an emergency shouldn't be able to fly, why is it not fair game to consider a human that needs assistance in the event of an emergency, when the chances of imperiling others to save the human would be even greater?

Just a thought exercise. I do not have the answer.

Quoting sixtyseven (Reply 34):
There are procedures in place in dealing with disabled or special attention passengers.

I've actually always been curious about such procedures. Can you shed some light here?

Boeing717200

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 pm

I wouldn't call it disgusting. He is a special needs animal, and cannot walk well. If you did a shred of research, without making snap judgements, you would find the story of the animal, and what this woman has done to help him.

That's nice. My 100 lb dog is 13 now and can’t fly in the belly anymore because it’s too stressful. I'm sure American will accommodate him on the next trip in the cabin. He comforts my wife and kids and I don't have to worry that he'll die and that will calm me.   

FACEPALM.

I think that if we are going to allow "support animals," then they have to at least fit within allowable guidelines. No, you can't bring your "Support Horse" on the plane. Or your "Support Hippopotamus." And I think I would include your "Support Disabled Mastiff-St. Bernard Mix."

DOUBLE FACE PALM

Quoting sixtyseven (Reply 34):
My concern would be how the animal would react in an emergency.

I'd be worried about what he ate for breakfast and if it gives him gas.

[Edited 2015-10-28 12:26:40]
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

slvrblt

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Heh. So true; you beat me to it. So far this week, have seen two emotional support pigs. One was pretty big, although not nearly the size of this dog. And now, this. If he's a service animal as stated, he rides with his owner in whatever cabin the owner is ticketed, so she probably bought HERSELF a first class ticket because this dog is so huge.

And if you're a passenger next to one of these, don't complain, folks. It's YOU who will be put off the plane. No charge to rebook of course, but the pet/emotional needy person has more rights than you. Courtesy of the ADA laws.

Quoting starrymarkb (Reply 25):
In most cases it's less about "emotional support" and more taking advantage of a loophole, pay a dubious doctor a fee (possibly even online) to designate the pet as an emotional support animal and the airlines have to treat it as a service animal and more importantly the pet travels free (or in the cases of more awkward animals the pet gets to travel without going separately as freight)

Exactly. People who really NEED service animals are one thing; these emotional support cases are waaaaay out of control.
..everything works out in the end.

777way

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:02 pm

People have disabled relatves, I have seen the joy on their face when they got the opportunity to travel, like kids in a toy shop, shame on you to even suggest they shoudl be denied that just so some able bodied fucktard can get a chance at life in an emergency situation. Thank God teh world dosent think like soem of you, is this mindset the norm in American society?

Quoting D L X (Reply 35):

D L X

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 38):
shame on you to even suggest they shoudl be denied that just so some able bodied fucktard can get a chance at life in an emergency situation

Wow. You sir are really great at jumping to conclusions.

Shame? Hardly. An intelligent discussion considers both sides of an issue. You should join. Do you want to have an intelligent discussion, or do you want to lob insults?

slvrblt

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 38):
People have disabled relatves, I have seen the joy on their face when they got the opportunity to travel, like kids in a toy shop, shame on you to even suggest they shoudl be denied that just so some able bodied fucktard can get a chance at life in an emergency situation. Thank God teh world dosent think like soem of you, is this mindset the norm in American society?

I don't really think your statement above has the SLIGHTEST resemblance to what is being discussed about this giant dog. We're not talking about someone's relative. We're talking about people that push the envelope, vis-a-vis what should be REASONABLY expected and allowed. We're talking about people who go OUTSIDE of this envelope to the complete disregard of everyone else around them. The person who sat next to the large emotional support pig I mentioned didn't want to be next to this pig. Why should she? But she got off. Why should anyone have to put up with that and be forced to leave an aircraft just because of someone else? Why have a pig? Or a horse, or a monkey? We get all of those. Your location says you're from Pakistan; if you're of the Muslim faith, how would YOU feel about the pig sitting next to you and crowding your seating space? It's a commercial aircraft; it's SHARED space, just like overhead bins.

And 200lb dogs don't belong in the cabin. C'mon, people.

[Edited 2015-10-28 13:40:42]
..everything works out in the end.

jetwet1

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Not really pointing at you, more at everyone who posted similar concerns (justified IMHO ) there are changes in the laws coming down to separate service animals from support animals, hopefully this will stop the silliness and make life easier for genuine service animals and their owners.

pasu129

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Quoting OA412 (Reply 21):

You sir, are the winner!
Viva Las Vegas

IrishAyes

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm

when i used to work in implementations, i once heard that one of the south american airline customers wanted to add in an ESA request for a spider...

AA777223

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Quoting Boeing717200 (Reply 36):
That's nice. My 100 lb dog is 13 now and can’t fly in the belly anymore because it’s too stressful. I'm sure American will accommodate him on the next trip in the cabin. He comforts my wife and kids and I don't have to worry that he'll die and that will calm me.   

If you're willing to purchase a separate first class seat just for him, as was the premise of my original statement (which I'm sure you, like many A.netters do not bother to read before posting their hasty remarks), why the hell wouldn't they want to?! The odds of them filling the seat with a nonpaying or stickered upgrade are pretty high compared to a revenue pass...er, dog.

I understand people being pissed if she brought him on as an emotional support animal, and stuck him on the floor. But, if she purchased him his own seat, who cares?! He's just as likely to pass gas as a human is (we've all been on those flights); he weighs about the same as an average adult human male and he's probably going to be more polite to the FAs than half of the passengers on the plane. If she buys him his own seat and he is potty trained, AA would probably be better served by having more passengers like him. A bit of hyperbole, yes. However, the general premise, I stand by.

[Edited 2015-10-28 14:30:29]
A318/19/20/21, A300, A332/3, A343/6, A388, L1011, DC-9, DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, B722, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9, B743/4/4M, B752/3, B762/3/4, B772/E/W, B788/9, F-100, CRJ-200/700/900, ERJ-135/145/175/190, DH-8, ATR-72, DO-328, BAE-146

Pellegrine

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:25 pm

That's a beast for sure.

A lot of people simply do not want to have their animal out of their sight in the cargo hold, understandably in my opinion. Less stressful for the animal too I'd imagine.
oh boy, here we go!!!

Mir

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Quoting AA777223 (Reply 44):
I understand people being pissed if she brought him on as an emotional support animal, and stuck him on the floor. But, if she purchased him his own seat, who cares?!

It would be a problem is she hadn't bought an extra seat, as the dog is clearly too large to occupy the space in front of hers, even in first class. But if she paid for two seats, then there's no issue (assuming F was full).

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

GSPSPOT

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Quoting AA777223 (Reply 44):
he weighs about the same as an average adult human male and he's probably going to be more polite to the FAs than half of the passengers on the plane. If she buys him his own seat and he is potty trained, AA would probably be better served by having more passengers like him.

Agreed entirely!
Great Lakes, great life.

N1120A

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:36 pm

She bought him a ticket.

That's nice. My 100 lb dog is 13 now and can’t fly in the belly anymore because it’s too stressful. I'm sure American will accommodate him on the next trip in the cabin.

If you buy him a ticket, they will.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Viscount724

Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 48):

She bought him a ticket.

That's nice. My 100 lb dog is 13 now and can’t fly in the belly anymore because it’s too stressful. I'm sure American will accommodate him on the next trip in the cabin.

If you buy him a ticket, they will.

There's nothing in the AA website about purchasing a seat for an animal. Only refers to pets in the cabin (in a kennel/container) and service animals/emotional support animals.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos