Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Alias1024
Topic Author

ABQ "Losing Altitude"

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:11 pm

This morning's Albuquerque Journal ran a story about this being the 7th straight year of declining enplanements at ABQ. It discussed the various reasons ABQ, like many mid-sized airports, is stuck in this trend. Also discussed were the still solid financial picture for the Sunport and the wish list for new destinations (SJC, BOS, AUS, DTW, and Mexican beach destinations).

http://www.abqjournal.com/672673/biz/losing.html

Thoughts?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

dfwjim1

RE: ABQ "Losing Altitude"

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Albuquerque will continue to have a hard time increasing passenger counts and adding new airlines as the Albuquerque area
does not have a vibrant business community nor is it a huge leisure destination. I can't recall the last time I have had someone
tell me that they were going to Albuquerque for business and/or vacation.

I have been to Albuquerque a number of times by air, train and car and I personally liked the area but it does have its drawbacks
(isolated location, high crime rate, lives in the shadow of DFW, DEN and PHX...etc).

hz747300

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:38 pm

Albuquerque is most famous for a cartoon bunny receiving bad directions. I've driven through it several times, stayed a few times, but always the destination of my trip was Santa Fe or Taos, not Albuquerque, and I was driving to & from AZ. The latter destination being quite an amazing ski destination.

I agree, outside of the military and the university, I do not know what else Albuquerque is known for. I think it can hope that with the increase use of regional jets it may be able to add some destinations, but there is not many reasons to add mainline service.
Keep on truckin'...

frmrCapCadet

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 pm

I think one of my best ever road trips was to ABQ, renting a car hence to Santa Fe, Taos, Carlsbad Caverns, and up the Rio Grande back to ABQ.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

XT6Wagon

Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 am

Makes sense. WN was using it for the "hub" west of texas since they couldn't use DAL. DEN stole a whole ton of traffic, and now DAL *CAN* be a transfer point, so even more traffic has to move off.

ABQ simply had unreasonable level of service based on actual O&D, and its now correcting.

IndianicWorld

Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:41 am

Quoting XT6Wagon (Reply 4):
ABQ simply had unreasonable level of service based on actual O&D, and its now correcting.

Tend to agree.

Its the case with many markets really. As soon as an airline decides to re-focus their network there will always be some downsides , especially if the market can not sustain that level of O&D traffic required.

Alias1024
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:11 am

Quoting XT6Wagon (Reply 4):

Makes sense. WN was using it for the "hub" west of texas since they couldn't use DAL. DEN stole a whole ton of traffic, and now DAL *CAN* be a transfer point, so even more traffic has to move off.

Very true. Both the ending of Wright and the explosive growth of DEN really reduced the incentive to use ABQ as a prominent connecting location in WNs network. Given the headwinds ABQ has seen the last 15 years between WNs network changes, industry wide changes in capacity discipline, and the tepid economic growth of the metro area, I think the airport has done a great job to hold up as well as they have while maintaining a great facility.

The comparison with AUS at the end of the article seemed silly. AUS is a much larger metro area and is growing as fast as anywhere in America.

I was happy to see the Sunport's top three on their wish list (SJC, AUS, BOS) matched what I think are the most logical destinations to pursue. DTW very much surprised me. I'd have thought a few other domestic cities would rank in front of DTW.

FLIHGH

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 am

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 1):

I have a family member who went to Albuquerque quite often from IAD (gov work) but UA dropped that nonstop. He went IAD-JFK-ABQ on B6 before they started sending him other places.

KELPkid

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:48 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 2):

I agree, outside of the military and the university, I do not know what else Albuquerque is known for.

An inflated sense of self worth?    Seriously, having lived in Las Cruces for 8 years, you start getting infuriated by the news outlets up in Albuquerque acting like Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos are the only places that anything of note ever happens in in the entire state   Being a student at New Mexico State (and now an alum), I got to know people from all over the great state of NM, and there is a lot more to the place than ABQ and SAF, trust me  
Celebrating the birth of KELPkidJR on August 5, 2009 :-)

Boeing778X

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:39 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Thread starter):
This morning's Albuquerque Journal ran a story about this being the 7th straight year of declining enplanements at ABQ. It discussed the various reasons ABQ, like many mid-sized airports, is stuck in this trend. Also discussed were the still solid financial picture for the Sunport and the wish list for new destinations (SJC, BOS, AUS, DTW, and Mexican beach destinations).

New Mexico Airlines finally failed, so our In-House carrier is gone (replaced by Boutique.)

We lost a huge portion of our traffic shortly after the Wright Amendment expired, in which WN's presence decreased.

I could see WN picking up SJC and AUS, and DL, DTW, but BOS is a long shot.

As for Mexican "Beach Destinations", I can only say wishful thinking. Aeromexico Connect did Albuquerque-Chihuahua (hardly beach) for a short time, but pulled out quickly, so I'm not sure if it's viable, even on a seasonal bases. It'd be nice if Aeromexico, Interjet or Volaris decided to come here, but only if they saw a business case.

And then, of course, there's are need for infrastructure.

AA gave us a new option. CLT seasonal.

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 1):
Albuquerque will continue to have a hard time increasing passenger counts and adding new airlines as the Albuquerque area
does not have a vibrant business community nor is it a huge leisure destination. I can't recall the last time I have had someone
tell me that they were going to Albuquerque for business and/or vacation.

As an Albuquerquean, all I can say is I don't blame you.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

jfklganyc

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:53 am

Anyone know how B6 is doing?

I could see that as an airline that ABQ should tap with all sorts of incentives.

Obviously, BOS is too thin and far off.

But wouldn't it be something, if B6, with its lacking western US presence and ABQ, with its declining airline service, could make something work?

Like:

LGB 2x Daily
AUS 2x Daily

That would give B6 a not to big 5 flight a day operation and plug some holes in the ABQ wish list.

It would also allow pax to connect to the NE and Europe through JFK, Florida via AUS and the west coast B6 network thru LGB.

hz747300

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:35 am

Quoting KELPkid (Reply 8):
Seriously, having lived in Las Cruces for 8 years

Nice place. My wife is in love with the pecan farms there and is dying to buy one.

For that area though, it's even worse, your outlet is ELP which is also stagnant.

I think anything regarding new service to ABQ by one airline will likely lead to reduced service by another airline. My wife and I flew from ABQ to LAS on WN after a short trip to Santa Fe (Sorry KELP) and the airport was relatively empty mid-afternoon. We originally booked UA ABQ-DEN-LAS (for miles) but UA changed it on me and routed us ABQ-SFO-LAS, so I switched to WN. When looking at travel options, it became obvious that ABQ just does not have many, and this was a few years ago. It's a cool airport architecture wise in the Adobe style, but I think it'll struggle to get new service.
Keep on truckin'...

n9801f

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:38 pm

An inflated sense of self worth? Seriously, having lived in Las Cruces for 8 years, you start getting infuriated by the news outlets up in Albuquerque acting like Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos are the only places that anything of note ever happens in in the entire state

(Laughter)

Well for years, Las Cruces was one of the smaller cities in NM.

That's obviously changed hugely because LRU is now the size ABQ was a few decades ago.

I guess there is some lag before perceptions catch up with reality.

I thought the most important city in Southern NM was Hatch, where the great chile comes from...

winginit

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 2):
Albuquerque is most famous for a cartoon bunny receiving bad directions.

You sir, need an introduction to the show Breaking Bad

TUSDawg23

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:00 pm

ABQ in my mind is actually a pretty decent tourist spot. You've got a lot to do if you're willing to drive a few hours to explore. I would argue that ABQ has a pretty sizable variety of destinations for its size, but don't expect there to be much growth. The poor education system there probably turns off a lot of folks who would want to relocate for work and it's relatively isolated geographically for a medium size city in the lower 48. I'm surprised the ULCC's will not even start service there. LAS and DFW are markets that come to mind that NK could start tomorrow in and do ok.

1337Delta764

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Quoting jfklganyc (Reply 10):
I could see that as an airline that ABQ should tap with all sorts of incentives.

ABQ actually has a two year incentive program for new entrant airlines, which B6 was receiving until this year. The incentives for B6 expired this past April, and B6 decided to renew its lease for another year without any incentives. While load factors seem to be only marginal based on what I have seen, apparently B6 is giving ABQ another chance for one more year without any incentives. We should find out by next April if B6 decides to stay or not.

ODwyerPW

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:44 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 11):
Quoting KELPkid (Reply 8):Seriously, having lived in Las Cruces for 8 years
Nice place. My wife is in love with the pecan farms there and is dying to buy one.

Best part of Las Cruces is close proximity to Hatch and it's chilies! I like Las Cruces.
(Yes, I love SantaFe, Taos, Truth or Consequences, Cloudcroft, Mescalero, Ruidoso, and Tucumcari too.
Roswell was a waste.. and I've not gotten up to Farmington and the Four Corners yet. However, I traveled quite a bit of NM.)

Albequerque has the hot air balloon festival. The eastern suburbs have a nice varied topography.
I've run into snow more than a half dozen times there as well.

Back to aviation. I seemed SouthWest would route me through Albequerque on a number of my flights from Albany NY to Tucson AZ. So, I had a few occasions to land at that airport. However, I was just being routed, no O&D traffic.
I haven't selected a route (ALB to TUS) for many years that had any stop in ABQ.
learning never stops.

PlanesNTrains

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Quoting n9801f (Reply 12):
I thought the most important city in Southern NM was Hatch, where the great chile comes from...

I need to find someone there to send me some of those chiles. After visting NM last year I made some navajo tacos at home and loved the green chile sauce.

Quoting ODwyerPW (Reply 16):
I've not gotten up to Farmington and the Four Corners yet. However, I traveled quite a bit of NM.

I did the Santa Fe-Albuquerque-Gallup corridor last year. I love the mountains to the north - beautiful area - though the weather mostly sucked when I was there in September. Borderline flash flooding, and had to pull off to the side of the freeway multiple times one day in a horrendous hailstorm.

I think this quote sums up the ABQ situation a lot: “As goes your economy, so goes your air service,” Jiron said. “They’re like parallel lines.”

ABQ is just not a large economic engine relative to some other destinations. Hopefully their service has been right-sized by now so that they can gradually begin to grow.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

rgreenftm

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Quoting winginit (Reply 13):

I came here expecting to find a Breaking Bad reference, and you didn't disappoint.

I thought NM and/or ABQ were working hard to try to appeal to Hollywood, which is part of the reason Breaking Bad took place in ABQ. Again, I thought I'd read an article a year or more ago, that they had been some success in their efforts. Sorry its been too long to try to find article.

Alias1024
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:12 pm

With AS growing in SJC, I wonder if they would give a look at SJC-ABQ on an E175.

WN seems the best to me for AUS, but they know how many people they connect through DAL and HOU and if they thought it made sense they would have done it by now.

I think B6 makes the most sense for BOS, but with JFK seeming marginal I doubt they'd want an even longer A320 transcon from ABQ. Unless someone like AA wants to try an A319, the best hope might be that B6 purchases the CSeries and gives ABQ-BOS a shot with the smaller aircraft.

Quoting rgreenftm (Reply 18):
I thought NM and/or ABQ were working hard to try to appeal to Hollywood, which is part of the reason Breaking Bad took place in ABQ. Again, I thought I'd read an article a year or more ago, that they had been some success in their efforts. Sorry its been too long to try to find article.

The state has been offering film incentives for several years. The first television series that were filmed were In Plain Sight and Breaking Bad. Then Longmire used Northern New Mexico to portray Wyoming. Current shows include BB sequel Better Call Saul and The Night Shift (portraying San Antonio) in ABQ, and Manhattan (about the atomic bomb program) fittingly in northern NM. Films are quite numerous with the Independence Day sequel recently filming in ABQ.

A couple months ago a local business consultant and venture capitalist mentioned to me that prices have come down on Pecan orchards in that area. Something about falling demand from China. Now might be a good time to look.

hz747300

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Never watched it! Didnt' realise the show was based in ABQ. Being from rural AZ I'm quite familiar with the concept. I have a friend who's always trying to introduce me to the latest trendy pill when I'm home.

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 19):
Now might be a good time to look.

Interesting, might give it a glance when home at Christmas time.

Just compared TUS and ABQ service on wikipedia. They are very similar with the noted exception of B6 to JFK. Tucson lost both its United/Continental service to EWR and its B6 service to JFK some time ago.

However, both are more or less one hop from anywhere in the world given the flights to LAX, ATL, SFO, DFW and ORD. So domestically, regarding say, Boston, what would drive the demand for a direct flight versus one-hopping it?
Keep on truckin'...

steex

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 pm

With AS growing in SJC, I wonder if they would give a look at SJC-ABQ on an E175.

I personally think WN is more likely for SJC, but if AS were to do it, I'm almost certain it would be a Q400. There is currently no AS E75 service to SJC or ABQ, and AS has settled on Q400 service from SJC to all of BOI, EUG, RNO, and SLC. Given that the E75 is a relatively scarce resource in the AS fleet largely flying longer routes, I don't think they're likely to funnel it to a route like SJC-ABQ.

Eightball

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:46 pm

I came here expecting to find a Breaking Bad reference, and you didn't disappoint.

I also came to this thread expecting a Breaking Bad reference!  It's one of the best TV series that I've watched, complete with a well-written series finale.
Follow your dream.

Byrdluvs747

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:57 am

Seriously, having lived in Las Cruces for 8 years
For that area though, it's even worse, your outlet is ELP which is also stagnant.

As a resident of PHX, and LRU, it pains me to have Las Cruces stuck using ELP. I cant stand that wasteland.   

Hopefully as the city grows (and it is growing), one day we can garner enough traffic to develop a co-terminal situation like LAXONT, or ORDMDW. A LRU-PHX on AA would be the first route I would like to see. By that point, LRU-ABQ should be possible on 4B.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

Brewfangrb

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:56 am

My instinct was that ABQ has the traffic and service that's about right for its size.

Looking at the data, it has right about the same number of operations in 2014 as ONT and JAX and about 3500 fewer than MKE.

I like the MKE comparison. Yes, MKE has an MSA ~ 2 times that of ABQ but ABQ is not competing with oh, the 2nd largest (by ops)/3rd largest (by pax) airport 90 miles away.

ABQ had 900 more ops than ONT but 300,000 more enplanements. It had 1200 more ops than JAX but 250,000 FEWER enplanements. (So relative to JAX, ABQ is "overserved"--more ops w/ fewer pax). So really, they don't have much to complain about. (And JAX is more or less about in the middle between ABQ and MKE, based on its MSA).

bjorn14

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Does ABQ even have FIS for the Mexican beaches? I could see Sat. only to PVR/SJD/CUN.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Alias1024
Topic Author

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 24):

Without knowing the average size of aircraft, operations alone won't tell if a market is over served. That said, ABQ seems to have more traffic than many other cities its size, probably due to its relative isolation. The next closest airport with a decent amount of service is ELP, which is a three and a half hour drive. DEN and PHX are the nearest hubs and they're both 7+ hours drive from ABQ.

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 25):

Does ABQ even have FIS for the Mexican beaches? I could see Sat. only to PVR/SJD/CUN.

Yes. It is located west of baggage claim. Passengers would deplane using stairs into the FIS, then the aircraft is towed to the gate for departure. F9 tried PVR several years ago, but the timing was horrible as it was right when oil spiked to over $140 a barrel so it didn't last.

nomadd22

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:36 pm

The Sandia tram is something to experience. Other than that, I agree it's the areas around Albuquerque that make the trip worthwhile. The discarded boulders from the Malpais lave flow road project furnished my back yard in Hobbs. The Mescalero reservation is a beautiful ride on a bike in the fall.
Anon

georgiabill

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:56 pm

I would like to add that Chama NM is a must go for any steam locomotive enthusiasts. ABQ has a very interesting and tasty food scene in my opinion.

knope2001

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:52 am

Although ABQ seems to have fewer connections than they did a few years ago (which may or may not be true) the local traffic as reported in the quarterly DoT stats shows significant declines. This means fewer people starting or ending their trips at ABQ than in recent years. This is Q1 2007 versus Q1 2015 daily passengers (both ways combined). These are the top 25 O+D markets from 2007.

907 ….. 691 ….. -24% ….. Phoenix
747 ….. 684 ……. -8% ….. LA Basin
532 ….. 510 ……. -4% ….. Dallas
522 ….. 411 ….. -21% ….. Denver
521 ….. 434 ….. -17% ….. Las Vegas
489 ….. 462 ……. -5% ….. SF Bay Area
478 ….. 434 ……. -9% ….. DC Metro
318 ….. 297 ……. -7% ….. Houston
281 ….. 336 ……. 20% ….. New York Metro
264 ….. 222 ….. -16% ….. San Diego
247 ….. 212 ….. -14% ….. Chicago
199 ….. 244 ….... 23% ….. Seattle
179 ….. 152 ….. -15% ….. Orlando
173 ….. 144 ….. -17% ….. Portland
169 ….. 160 ……. -5% ….. Salt Lake
156 ……. 24 ….. -85% ….. Tucson
152 ….. 118 ….. -22% ….. Austin
149 ….. 136 ….... -8% ….. Boston Metro
146 ….. 104 ….. -29% ….. San Antonio
139 ….. 110 ….. -21% ….. Miami Metro
121 ….. 106 ….. -13% ….. Kansas City
113 ……. 91 ….. -20% ….. Minneapolis
112 ……. 58 ….. -48% ….. Philadelphia
111 ….. 131 ……. 18% ….. Atlanta
108 ……. 77 ….. -29% ….. Sacramento

These really fit the pattern of ABQ's decreasing passenger counts. There's definitely some sign of traffic following capacity -- note that New York (B6) and Seattle (AS) are rare growth spots, and given what DL has done with Atlanta overall it wouldn't surprise me if ABQ has seen more capacity to ATL.

I also pulled some quick operational stats from August 2015 (most recent month) for ABQ vesus JAX, MKE and ONT as other has referenced.

ABQ
2391 departures
275007 seats
220715 passengers
115 average seats/departure
92 average pax/departure
80.3% onboard average load

JAX
2669 departures
282493 seats
237530 passengers
106 average seats/departure
89 average pax/departure
84.1% onboard average load

MKE
3214 departures
349154 seats
292427 passengers
109 average seats/departure
91 average pax/departure
83.8% onboard average load

ONT
1792 departures
215490 seats
177983 passengers
120 average seats/departure
99 average pax/departure
82.6% onboard average load

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am

Compared to the other major airports in the mountain time zone den, phx, slc it doesn't seem to have had much growth in a part of the country that has exploded in population

Brewfangrb

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:07 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 26):
Without knowing the average size of aircraft, operations alone won't tell if a market is over served. That said, ABQ seems to have more traffic than many other cities its size, probably due to its relative isolation.

True about aircraft size--it's the one piece I couldn't locate without much more work. But Knope2001 added a lot of good data. It has the largest avg seats per flight other than ONT and the lowest load. The seat availability makes sense given its location. My guess is yields are pretty good because of that and it explains the level of offered service--and allows airlines to tolerate lower loads.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with MKE's numbers. Given competition with ORD and MDW (and to some extent, good service at MSN means it can't pull from the MSN area as well), that's good traffic, IMO. (I know a lot of people in my area still go to MKE...which I find weird because in my experience, it's really not THAT much cheaper to fly from MKE instead of GRB).

dc10lover

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:14 am

When you add too many flights to too many destinations, it tends to thin out demand way too much.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

Boeing778X

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 am

Go to Rebel Donut and get a "Crystal Meth" special! That's the cherry on top  

Seriously, we also have nice spotting sites too! It's a shame not many A.net photographers give it a shot!  
I think B6 makes the most sense for BOS, but with JFK seeming marginal I doubt they'd want an even longer A320 transcon from ABQ.

Nor would I believe it's worth any effort.
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931

Alias1024
Topic Author

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Quoting knope2001 (Reply 29):

Thanks for the great information. It really adds a lot to the story.

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 30):

Compared to the other major airports in the mountain time zone den, phx, slc it doesn't seem to have had much growth in a part of the country that has exploded in population

Albuquerque has suffered from a very slow recovery to the recession due to the reliance the economy had on federal government jobs. Sandia National Laboratory, a whole slew of contractors to the lab, the largest Department of Energy office outside DC, Air Force Research Lab, and a whole bunch of smaller government entities on the Air Force base are a huge driver of the local economy. The economy isn't as diversified as DEN, PHX, or SLC. While Washington DC had been stuck in budget gridlock and tightening the belt, it's been greatly impacting ABQ.

B757capt

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:44 pm

ABQ didn't win when the wright amendment was monitified. In fact it looks like ABQ was one of the cities hurt the most now that the flying at DAL has increased.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

Boeing717200

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:38 pm

I recall there being a discussion a while back where people were claiming DAL opening wouldn't impact ABQ which was being used as a stop point. There's nothing better than receiving almost instantaneous proof of outcome.

[Edited 2015-11-15 06:40:56]

[Edited 2015-11-15 06:42:07]
240 years and the top two candidates are named Dumb and Dumber. Stay classy!

B757capt

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Quoting Boeing717200 (Reply 36):

Exactly. The airplanes had to come from somewhere. Also ABQ, like other Texas towns was a high connection point.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

mikelive

Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Quoting nomadd22 (Reply 27):
The Sandia tram is something to experience.

My only trip to ABQ resulted in a trip on that tram. It was one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. The view from up top was magical, even if it was a bit cold.

The view of that mountain from the air and the ground is worth the airfare. Pretty fun ride!

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip there. The food was pretty darn good too.

-- Mikey

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos