JoeCanuck

RE: Iran Air To Buy Airbus Planes Next Week?

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Sanctions on aircraft will be among the first lifted, but Iran has a lot more deals going on with France than aircraft. Renault and Peugeot have produced cars in Iran forever, (until recent sanctions), and Total is looking to sign oil and gas contracts, and Schlumberger has been a major player in Iran forever.

I think Iran will eventually order a lot of aircraft from both makers but will be driving some tough bargains since France and the US went pretty hard at Iran, and said some pretty nasty insults during the nuke negotiations.

Iran also has every aircraft it needs on the used market so while they will want lots of new iron, they are more than capable of excelling with good, used aircraft, so they won't be so desperate to buy that they will get hosed.

I mean, they still have 40 F-14's flying...35 years after they got their last support from the US. No 10 year old western airliner is going to be much of a problem.
What the...?

MD80Nut

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 pm

The A330 ceo or neo makes a lot of sense for them since Teheran is so centrally located in relation to Asia, Europe and Africa. And they could pick up some A340s cheap for anything longer as an interim solution. And of course, A319/320/321 for commonality. Like most airlines in the world, they don't need A380s or 748is. Unfortunately.

Frankly, I don't think they will buy any Boeing aircraft anytime soon. But I what do I know?

Cheers, Ralph
Fly Douglas Jets DC-8 / DC-9 / DC-10 / MD80 / MD11 / MD90 / 717

A342

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Quoting Chaostheory (Reply 46):
If you think that's impressive, you should have a look at the A310s performance. They could lift at least 151t out of a max 157.9t from there most days.

With that small wing? More impressive yet! Even if the A313 can be upgraded to a MTOW of 164t.
Do you have similar real-world numbers for other aircraft?

How much could A332 and A313 lift when the temperature reaches 40°C?
Exceptions confirm the rule.

solarflyer22

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 50):
France than aircraft. Renault and Peugeot have produced cars in Iran forever, (until recent sanctions), and Total is looking to sign oil and gas contracts, and Schlumberger has been a major player in Iran forever.

That's correct. France actually has positioned themselves really well. I think they give kickbacks to officials too (speculating).

Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 34):
Are there other countries that could train them to standard, someone in the East?

Sure China, Japan, South Korea.

Quoting superjeff (Reply 35):
Isn't a significant portion of the Airbus jets' parts content American originated?

Yeah, its not avoidable. Its for show anyway.

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 38):
international terminal bridge at Tijuana opened recently... could IKA-TIJ be an option?

I don't see why not. I thought Cuba too one day. Iran has good relations with Cuba but not even commerce for a daily flight.

Quoting Qantas744er (Reply 39):
Does the Iranian CAA even have any ETOPS certified operators under its register?

I seriously doubt it. The A300s they fly don't go anywhere its required. 747 and A340 do their long hauls.

Quoting irelayer (Reply 43):
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have ANY of the sanctions even been lifted yet?

No. But implementation started in Oct. They can sign MoU's only at this point.

BaconButty

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 48):
77Es are available

I read (on CAPA I think) that one of the challenges for IR and W5 would be integrating many types into their fleet in a short timeframe, something more acute for IR. I guess they'll both need to integrate the 737NG into their fleets rather than restrict themselves to the A320 market, and also a modern RJ at some point in the near future to replace all the Avro's and F100's.

Mind you, IR has no modern long haul jets that they could add to (assuming they wouldn't want to be picking up 744's), and whether operating A300's helps much with integrating A330/A340's I don't know. W5 obviously have an A340 fleet to build on. It's going to be an interesting one to watch, and how used aircraft acquisitions dovetail with the new.
Down with that sort of thing!

RayChuang

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:41 pm

I think Iran Air will need to buy a plane that can handle "hot and high" operations out of IKA. As such, that means an order for A320neo and A321neo versions. Remember, Iran is quite a large country and their airlines really do need to modernize in a big way with a lot of new single-aisle jets.

They may be interested in the A330-800neo or A330-900neo for expanded flights to Europe, too.

Chaostheory

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Quoting A342 (Reply 52):
With that small wing? More impressive yet! Even if the A313 can be upgraded to a MTOW of 164t.
Do you have similar real-world numbers for other aircraft?

From Sanaa, we could get 74t out on CFM56-27k A320s (+15 day). Our Yemeni friends managed 73t with 26.5k V2500s. I don't have any experience with sharklet aircraft but it wouldn't surprise me if you could lift MTOW with them from SAH.

Quoting A342 (Reply 52):
How much could A332 and A313 lift when the temperature reaches 40°C?

With the GE and PW engines on the A330, the performance drops away very quickly with higher temps. I can't get you more precise figures at the moment though.

aryonoco
Topic Author

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:31 am

Quoting Qantas744er (Reply 39):
Does the Iranian CAA even have any ETOPS certified operators under its register?

I would assume this is going to be a new territory for them

No, Iran currently has no ETOPS certified airlines, so yes this will be absolutely new territory for their CAA.

Fortunately for them, A340s are easy to come by and IR can get its hands on cheap oil. That should provide them with sufficient time to build up experience with the modern world of aviation.

As such, the whole A330 doing IKA-LAX is very much a hypothetical, but an interesting thought exercise!  
Quoting mham001 (Reply 28):
Have the sanctions actually been lifted to allow this yet?

Not yet, however the deal has been ratified by all sides, including Iranian Parliament and the US Congress. The Iranians are now removing their extra centrifuges and disassembling the Arak heavy water reactor to comply with the terms of the deal. They say they can finish their work by December. At which point, the IAEA will go in and certify that they have complied with the terms of the deal, and that will be called "Implementation Day" at which point the sanctions will be lifted/frozen.

I personally think they might not finish all the work by the end of the year, but definitely it will be achieved in the first half of 2016, probably Q1 2016.

Quoting BaconButty (Reply 47):
So if any "sale" happens, it'll be an MOU at most I would have thought.

Yes absolutely. Anything signed next week will be a MOU at this point.

I thought those would be gradually phased out but not immediately?

Civil aviation sanctions will be lifted/frozen on "Implementation Day", refer to above.

I don't think they will buy new right off the bat.

They will be buying new and used, both. I can assure you that Presidents Hollande and Rouhani will not be signing a MOU for used aircraft.

The prestige factor is very important for Iran. There are parliamentary elections coming up in Iran, and the moderates faction of President Rouhani is trying to win by showing the benefits of the nuclear deal to their people. This will be the first time Iran can buy new aircraft pretty much since the 1979 revolution. It matters to Iranians.

I don't even rule out an A380 order just for the prestige factor.

Quoting Chaostheory (Reply 44):
The elevation at IKA isn't an issue for an A330. I never had any issues in an A321 and the SIDS to the West (PARIT?) aren't as restrictive.

Very informative, and good to know. Thank you for providing this information.

Quoting astuteman (Reply 42):
I would have thought an A338 wouldn't have any trouble at all on IKA-LAX. It has the legs of an A343

It's an interesting aircraft isn't it. The A300 has certainly come a long way!  
Quoting RayChuang (Reply 55):
They may be interested in the A330-800neo or A330-900neo for expanded flights to Europe, too.

The current A330-300 will be more than sufficient to cover all of Europe, they don't need NEO for that. Heck even the A321 can cover all of Europe from IKA.

[Edited 2015-11-11 16:34:13]

ek241yyz

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:35 am

Quoting aryonoco (Reply 7):
However flights to YYZ would make a lot of sense, and there is a considerable Iranian expat community now in Toronto. With that in mind, IKA-YYZ in short of 5400nm, should be doable on a A330.

Mahan Air wants to fly to YYZ with the A346 starting next year. I repeat. Wants to.
Iran Air needs a little more than an A330 to fly here ..
Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:19 am

Quoting ek241yyz (Reply 58):
Mahan Air wants to fly to YYZ with the A346 starting next year. I repeat. Wants to.
Iran Air needs a little more than an A330 to fly here ..

Maybe both flying A346.

Aesma

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 am

Rouhani was interesting to watch on French TV, he didn't answer any question straight, a real politician. When asked if he would buy Airbus aircraft next week, he said that there are plenty of manufacturers, that Iran currently uses Boeing and Airbus, and finally (I'm shortening the answer) that yes he'll probably go with Airbus.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

JetBuddy

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:49 am

I think we'll se orders for pretty much everything Airbus has to offer. I imagine the Iranian leaders have made many circles in the Airbus glossy catalog. And I think some people in this thread will be surprised at the amount of airplanes ordered. A large part of the order will be for widebodies, and I think that we'll see a lot of used A340s as an interim solution.

The Tehran - Mashhad market alone is several thousand pax daily. Iran is the home of about 80 million people, and it is the 18th largest economy in the world. It's very comparable to Turkey in both of these aspects, except Iran has larger distances but less tourism. The Iranian aviation market is really huge, and their entire aircraft inventory is going to be replaced.

SR380

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:51 am

Any chance that those 10-12 A380 Airbus is bragging about at Dubaï will go to Iran Air?

bobdino

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:26 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have ANY of the sanctions even been lifted yet?

No.

Quote:
In fact, is the agreement reached earlier this year even in force yet?

Yes, the agreement is in force, as of July. The plan is for the IAEA to make a declaration on the state of Iran's nuclear program about six months from the signing of the deal in July. This will trigger the Implementation Date, on which sanctions will automatically be relaxed in a pre-agreed fashion.

Quote:
Additionally, the sanctions that prevented Iran from buying Western made planes were US sanctions specifying that they couldn't buy aircraft with more than 10% US made parts (which is everything but Russian and Chinese planes with Russian and Chinese engines and avionics). I thought those would be gradually phased out but not immediately?

No, civil aviation is specifically called out as being relaxed immediately, for both US and EU parts. Other areas might be different; I'm not sure about that.

It is quite a confusing deal, and reports like these last month might have muddied the waters further:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-day-conditional-sanctions-waivers

Here is a really good overview of the deal (the Ukraine-specific angles aren't too distracting):
http://www.mondaq.com/x/426390/Expor...portunities+For+Ukrainian+Business

And now I realise that aryonoco already addressed much of this above. Oh well.

[Edited 2015-11-11 23:35:07]

anfromme

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 am

Quoting SR380 (Reply 62):
Any chance that those 10-12 A380 Airbus is bragging about at Dubaï will go to Iran Air?

Already discussed in the corresponding thread here:
Airbus In Talk For 30 A380s For 2 Airlines (by titus95 Nov 9 2015 in Civil Aviation)

Short version:
Many people don't think the A380 makes much sense for IR.
Also, Brégier said that the two airlines Leahy mentioned are not from the Persian Gulf region, which would rule out IR (alongside SV, EK, QR, EY and KU).

aryonoco
Topic Author

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:02 am

Quoting bobdino (Reply 63):
And now I realise that aryonoco already addressed much of this above. Oh well.

Never hurts to have one's position backed up by a fellow forum member  

YXXMIKE

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:28 am

Are there chances for any of the fringe manufacturers are going to see some orders? Embraer/Bombardier/Mitsubishi/Suhkoi could they see a piece of the action when the sanctions are lifted?

Also, what does something like this to do the current valuation of used aircraft; does it create an immediate jump in pricing because there is now a large and by all accounts very hungry market that's just opened up?

[Edited 2015-11-12 03:29:05]

[Edited 2015-11-12 03:29:16]

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:35 am

Quoting YXXMIKE (Reply 66):
Are there chances for any of the fringe manufacturers are going to see some orders? Embraer/Bombardier/Mitsubishi/Suhkoi could they see a piece of the action when the sanctions are lifted?

Yesterday I heard in the news that Bombardier had already sent their people to Iran. One man commented it by saying Suhkoi had the lead on that market.

Link to a blog about Iran's bonanza:

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/11/...0/who-will-win-when-iran-opens-up/

KarelXWB

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:37 am

Quoting SpaceshipDC10 (Reply 67):
One man commented it by saying Suhkoi had the lead on that market.

Up to 100 SSJ100 jets.

http://www.journal-aviation.com/actu...rrait-vendre-100-superjet-a-l-iran
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

YXXMIKE

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Quoting SpaceshipDC10 (Reply 67):
Link to a blog about Iran's bonanza:

Thanks - interesting reading but that last paragraph really hits the nail on the head for me. Crumbling airport infrastructure is also going to be a big deal for Iran. Generally speaking; all of their infrastructure needs upgrading so it's going to be an interesting time for the country. Newer and safer aircraft will certainly go a long way for them.

Does anybody have any insight on how a deal with Airbus might look? Would it likely include aircraft, large quantities of spare parts, simulator & training or would they just look to ink a deal on aircraft and pilot training initially?

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 68):
Up to 100 SSJ100 jets.

Thanks.

Quoting YXXMIKE (Reply 69):
Generally speaking; all of their infrastructure needs upgrading so it's going to be an interesting time for the country. Newer and safer aircraft will certainly go a long way for them.

Indeed, so for those enjoying old jets, they better move fast before it's too late.

RayChuang

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:22 pm

Quoting aryonoco (Reply 57):
The current A330-300 will be more than sufficient to cover all of Europe, they don't need NEO for that. Heck even the A321 can cover all of Europe from IKA.

I'd almost agree, but the combination of the altitude (1,007 meters) and high summer temperatures at IKA means airplanes taking off from that airport need "hot and high" certification. That's why I think Iran Air will push to get the A320neo/A321neo or at least A320 Family planes with uprated engines. It's akin to taking off from LAS or PHX at the height of summer.

PATristar

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 pm

I think they go with A380 just to tease their Saudi and ME3 rivals.

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:34 pm

With all these upcoming orders to renew and develop their fleet, do you think IR will transform their current livery or even adopt a new one?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Daniel Lukies

Richard28

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Quoting PATristar (Reply 72):
I think they go with A380 just to tease their Saudi and ME3 rivals.

indeed, and lets not forget the Skymark A380 frames still looking for an owner and possibly additional Transaero slots opening up... who knows.... if the price is right?

Alfons

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Quoting bobdino (Reply 63):
Quote:Additionally, the sanctions that prevented Iran from buying Western made planes were US sanctions specifying that they couldn't buy aircraft with more than 10% US made parts (which is everything but Russian and Chinese planes with Russian and Chinese engines and avionics). I thought those would be gradually phased out but not immediately?

No, civil aviation is specifically called out as being relaxed immediately, for both US and EU parts. Other areas might be different; I'm not sure about that.

"Civil aviation", is it here about the flying & business part only, or does it cover also all the rights of importing all the sophisticated hardware Iran gets when transferring state-of-the-art airliners onto Iran soil (including very sophisticated spare parts) ? Is this clear to all of us thread writers here what's going to be?

I see Iran buying some aircrafts from manufacturers from as many different countries as possible for political reasons and ball game. If some of the aircrafts will be transferred and used for a service in 3-4 years once they got built, is something only g'd knows.

Francois Holland cancelled the French state dinner after Iran asked no wine at all to be served (for anyone). So Holland came forward with the idea of a state-sized brunch with no wine, which Iran desapproved as it seemed them not special enough. So Holland probably told himself "oh, so go to ****", and cancelled any state-sized food session with Rohani. I'm asking myself, how well it will go with Iran's contractual obligations....

Alfons

airbusfanyyz

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:14 pm

I would love to see IR planes at YYZ.
No doubt there's a huge expat Iranian community here, but not sure how many fly back on a regular basis.

anfromme

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Quoting Alfons (Reply 75):
I see Iran buying some aircrafts from manufacturers from as many different countries as possible for political reasons and ball game.

Yup - hedge their bets.

Francois Holland cancelled the French state dinner after Iran asked no wine at all to be served (for anyone). So Holland came forward with the idea of a state-sized brunch with no wine, which Iran desapproved as it seemed them not special enough. So Holland probably told himself "oh, so go to ****", and cancelled any state-sized food session with Rohani. I'm asking myself, how well it will go with Iran's contractual obligations....

I heard about that as well. I think I'm with Hollande here.
Some people in my family don't drink alcohol and everybody has a few things they don't eat for whatever reason. Of course we won't serve teetotalers alcohol, nor raisins to somebody who's known to not eat them. But the non-drinkers don't get to veto everybody else's drinks, just like everybody else can't tell the non-drinkers to at least have one sip of wine before digging into their plate.
That would of course also work the other way round. If Hollande was to visit Iran I wouldn't expect any wine on the table.

Anyway - funny how such silly things still get in the way in 2015, and I'm curious as well what that's going to do to the prospect of Iran buying French/European things. Not that much, I would expect, unless the trip is cancelled outright.

aryonoco
Topic Author

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:01 pm

and cancelled any state-sized food session with Rohani.

Alcohol wasn't the only problem. Apparently the Iranians also insisted on Halal meat, which the French couldn't guarantee. Anyway they might still have coffee together apparently.

The last time an Iranian president went to France, President Khatami in 1999, wine again was a stumbling block and lead to cancellation of state dinner. The Italians however were more than happy to have a state dinner with no wine. Oh well.

Anyway, state dinner or not, such formalities don't have much to do with the contracts that are going to be signed. It's not like Hollande and Rouhani are going to negotiate the details of the contracts themselves, the details are hashed out at lower levels, they just go there to sign. They can do that with or without state dinners.

Quoting airbusfanyyz (Reply 76):
but not sure how many fly back on a regular basis

They travel back a lot. The Iranian community in Canada mostly left Iran in the last 15-20 years, many of them still have family back in Iran and have strong ties with the country. Most are not politically involved and so have no fear of going back to Iran.

This is contrast with for example the Iranian community in California, most of whom left the country before or just after the 1979 revolution, many of whom were high level people in the Shah's regime who fear going back to Iran under the current regime, and in general don't have as strong ties with the country as more recent migrants.

Still, the number of Iranian expats in southern California is huge, so if flights between Iran and US were to be established again, I have no doubt that not only would IR commence IKA-LAX, but one of the US carriers might as well.

Birdwatching

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Quoting SpaceshipDC10 (Reply 73):
With all these upcoming orders to renew and develop their fleet, do you think IR will transform their current livery or even adopt a new one?

Not necessary! Iran Air's livery is very modern. In a similar way how Lufthansa's new livery was updated about 25 years ago and looks very modern to this day. No change to IR's livery is necessary, it doesn't look dated in any way.

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

bobdino

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:27 pm

"Civil aviation", is it here about the flying & business part only, or does it cover also all the rights of importing all the sophisticated hardware Iran gets when transferring state-of-the-art airliners onto Iran soil (including very sophisticated spare parts) ? Is this clear to all of us thread writers here what's going to be?

Quoting the overview article I linked: "allow for the sale of commercial passenger aircraft and related parts and services to Iran". There more detailed language in the article, including quotes from the treaty.

Quoting aryonoco (Reply 78):
Alcohol wasn't the only problem. Apparently the Iranians also insisted on Halal meat, which the French couldn't guarantee. Anyway they might still have coffee together apparently.

Between 5 and 10% of the French population is Muslim. It's way easier to get halal meat in France than it is in Australia, for example.

I don't know if the French objection is based on religious reasons (France has the strongest separation-of-church-and-state laws I know of), or ideological (if you're in our country, you do it our way).

solarflyer22

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:04 pm

, which Iran desapproved as it seemed them not special enough. So Holland probably told himself "oh, so go to ****"

They're just throwing a stick in their eye. Iran is the inventor of grape based wine going back to millenia. My hometown (Urmia) is the exact spot where wild (white) grapes grow and were first fermented by humans. Its hardly offensive. French Shiraz (aka Syrah) wine was a marketing ploy to take advantage of our wine (i.e. from Shiraz, Iran).

You may recall the French closed an entire beach from the public so the Saudi Monarchs could sunbath in Marseilles lest they see topless French girls (the horror!) Seems quite a double standard here imo.

Quoting SpaceshipDC10 (Reply 73):

I do. They do their own liveries and they are loosening up Visa requirements for tourism so I suspect IR will have some new marketing. They've just advertised their first tourism guide association just this month.

SpaceshipDC10

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 79):
No change to IR's livery is necessary, it doesn't look dated in any way.

Never thought so either.

Quoting Birdwatching (Reply 79):
In a similar way how Lufthansa's new livery was updated about 25 years ago and looks very modern to this day.

Tend to agree with you on that. In fact I even enjoy it more since they have dropped the grey on the belly and engine cowlings. Should they keep the latter all white or with the Homa on them? What about wingtip fences?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Selman - AirlinersGallery

bobdino

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 81):
You may recall the French closed an entire beach from the public so the Saudi Monarchs could sunbath in Marseilles lest they see topless French girls (the horror!) Seems quite a double standard here imo.

We're getting somewhat off-topic here, but that was extremely controversial and finally ok'd solely on security grounds. because the beach was directly below the fancy villa. It was at Vallauris (much nearer Nice than Marseilles), and the decision was made by the local authorities, not the French state. The US equivalent would be Florida's government making a decision that the White House disagreed with.

Aesma

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:49 pm

I've seen some Anglo-Saxon media report that Hollande is a "boozehead" over that story, but that's really ridiculous.

The reason is both moral : do as the Romans do and all that, and political, the rise of the far right making any "concession" to Islam a bad idea. Not that most French would agree to concessions for other religions, but it wouldn't get reported. That piece of news wasn't really reported in France either, to be honest, and state dinners are not a big deal here.

I doubt that will mean anything for Airbus orders.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

aryonoco
Topic Author

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Can I ask everyone to get off the subject of the cancelled state dinner and halal meat and all please? It's not aviation related. Thanks.

JoeCanuck

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 am

On the surface, it might look like France holds all of the cards over the US but most of the negotiations were led by the US. France took its time getting on board and Hollande was much nastier to iran than Obama was.

Congress, mainly the Republicans., made lots of noise but the white house was much more polite in public than Paris.

French ministers also very publicly said that Saudi business is much more important than Iranian.

Sanctions against commercial airlines come off at the same time for everybody and it would be silly to think that boeing isn't negotiating heavily with Iran.

After surviving decades of sanctions, Iran isn't about to get hosed by anyone, so whatever they get will be at a good price and under their terms.
What the...?

solarflyer22

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 am

Quoting Aesma (Reply 86):
The reason is both moral : do as the Romans do and all that, and political, the rise of the far right making any "concession" to Islam a bad idea
Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 88):

I'll bite my tongue at Aryonoco's request but yes its all BS (if you know the details behind things). I do think Airbus will get a big order and I don't think the US parts will be an issue either. Under the deal, so long as Iran is compliant the US can't sanction aviation parts. So that's 15 years basically. Having said that, you might see odd things like stockpiling of parts and/or even engines potentially. I think they might look at China's COMAC too.

JoeCanuck

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:08 am

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 87):
I'll bite my tongue

I don't think your tongue is halal.
What the...?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos