Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

boeing737max

RE: The Core Truths Of A-Net

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:16 pm

United Expressflies the EWR-LHR route nonstop in a CRJ.

PEK777

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:24 pm

If I would have made this thread it would be immediately deleted and a two week ban would result.

par13del

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Suggest the MODS put the flame up on this thread and make it sticky, I be loving it, so to join in....

1. WN is closing its operations at DAL and moving in the dead of night to DFW
2. The extra width of the A320 over the 737 can be seen from outside and felt inside
3. Airbus planes by design cannot go 10 abreast, its an impossibility I tell you.....
4. Additional sales of the A380 are just around the corner that is approaching in the next 10001 9999 9998 9997
5. BA is going all economy
6. WN is now a legacy because they are no longer an oil company hedging their bets
7. FBW will eventually be used by Boeing under license from Airbus
8. The third law of Airbus a/c no longer conflicts with the first law as it was replaced by alternate law
9. The 747 reigns supreme
10. MIA is to the rest of the world what MIA is to the rest of the world
11. Airlines actually choose the superior a/c
12. Airbus will cease giving away a/c
13. Boeing will commence taking orders from non-premium carriers
15. FR is the most hated carrier in the EU and no one in their right mind flies on them

and finally, the 757 is Go*** I mean FISH

Miami

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 1):
MIA is the god airport of the world and every airline needs to be there
Quoting winginit (Reply 14):
JNB-MIA, HKG-MIA, NRT-MIA, TPE-MIA, and SYD-MIA will be announced no later than tomorrow.
Quoting jsnww81 (Reply 42):
1.) Miami. The demand for premium service there is simply unlike anything the world has ever seen. Also it has 600 PDEW to everywhere in the world, including Edmonton which is why that will be a perfect scissors hub to connect Miami to Asia, unless American starts MIA-NRT which is launching "any day now" since 2004.

2.) Miami. You're a complete fool if you think it doesn't deserve a second mention. It's definitely not just a city where the 1% of every South American nation likes to hide its money. To suggest that is simply an insult. Walk down Collins Boulevard in Miami Beach and you'll literally be tripping over the premium demand oozing from every doorway! Also, 600 PDEW to everywhere and now it's also time to argue about how large the metro area is!

3.) FLL is for trash yields and scum who don't dress nicely enough to use MIA. Except that it's part of the metro Miami area (which is DEFINITELY larger than Boston's metro area!) so it is also oozing with premium demand. Just not as much of it! But still a lot!

4.) International service to MCO was just started because Aer Lingus and Emirates and Icelandair didn't have planes with the right level of luxury for Miami. But they will start Miami soon.
Quoting Pbb152 (Reply 64):

Miami.......do I really need to say anything more? I've heard the Mars Rover refuses to return to Earth unless it gets to land at MIA because it found a bunch of PDEW on its journey.
Quoting northwestEWR (Reply 121):
--Emirates is coming to MIA

--Miami is the greatest thing to ever happen to the world and WILL have service to everywhere on everyone
Quoting LGAviation (Reply 159):
- MIA-SYD, MIA-AKL and MIA-CPT are definitely happening because who cares it's Miami and it makes perfect sense for Australians to leave Surfers Paradise, cross the beautiful Pacific and the beaches for California and then have a beach vacation in Southern FL and forgive me for not mentioning the incredible business ties between these places
Quoting MD80Nut (Reply 181):
Miami is the god airport of the world and every airline should be there and they should fly every single type they fly there regardless of demand at least twice daily.
Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 186):
- Another long-haul European carrier serving MIA? I wonder what those Europeans see in Miami... I have never been there, I would rather go to Myrtle Beach, much nicer and people talk to you in English... we are in America heck.

How original.      
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

DiscoverCSG

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Quoting boeing737max (Reply 200):
United Expressflies the EWR-LHR route nonstop in a CRJ.

Wait... I thought they'd at least stop in KEF for some fish.

Classa64

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Air Canada painted there planes the color of toothpaste to remind us to brush our teeth...
"Freedom is the miles i'm rolling on"

BN727227Ultra

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Can't believe I forgot this...

XXX is all raring to go with STL TATL, just waiting for state and city revenue guarantees, 788 is the optimal aircraft for this mission.

zkojq

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm

- Richard Anderson is literally god.

- Pax choose their tickets by price, price and only price.....except when they choose it based on the airline's profitability (I mean everyone knows that passengers prefer Delta over Virgin America because Delta offers superior ROI + higher margins + frequent dividends). Airport/schedule/airline/equipment have literally no impact on their purchasing decision.

- Airbus is only around to satisfy the egos of EU governments.

- Milan Malpensa has literally no future because everyone prefers Linate since its so much closer to the city.

- Literally all of Emirates' routes are loss making. Emirates actually fly only a few passengers and the whole operation is just a big accounting conspiracy by the UAE government.

- When my local airline orders Airbuses not Boeings, the appropriate course of action is to write to my senator and get them to open into an investigation the affair, because Airbus must have bribed the airline's ceo for them to have ordered such crappy planes.

- Airbus never does any innovation ever, they just copy Boeing.

- It is literally impossible to make any money with Airbus A340s/A380s. All airlines who claim to are state subsidised and reporting phoney numbers.

- Airbus's fly-by-wire and flight-envelope-protections are literally the worst thing since cancer and are the biggest killer in aviation.

- Pax hate the comfortable seats, nice meals and new aircraft of the ME3.

- The 767-400ER is literally the greatest thing in all of aviation (that's why there's so many of them around, right?). Anyone who voices a contrary opinion will be hearing from my lawyer. Oh and so will airliners.net

- Delta buys used planes which makes them really, really innovative. Noone's ever tried that before.

Quoting AngMoh (Reply 53):
Once you fly a 77W, it is profitable regardless of route, operations or anything else

- The 77W is god's gift to airline economics; you could fly them EWR-JFK and rake in billions in profits. Oh and passengers love that 3-4-3 configuration in economy.

Quoting Pbb152 (Reply 64):
A.net member United Airline will not start a thread this month asking if UA will design a first class suite for their A350's.

Depends on whether or not UA plans to return to its former glory!  
Quoting zeke (Reply 92):

A Boeing pilot does not need to have experience flying an Airbus to be an expert, they are an expert, just ask them. If you wait 5 seconds they will tell you anyway.

Quoting CrimsonNL (Reply 153):
The 767-400 is a highly successful type despite only 37 sales and saved Boeing from losing all of it's American customers to Airbus

[Edited 2015-11-21 12:02:14]
First to fly the 787-9

tlecam

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Haha...i've been laughing for an hour reading this.

My favorite themes; some have been posted but repeating them validates that we see similar patterns.

1. Everyone on A.NET is a CFA and is masterful in evaluating airline financial statements.
2. Which ever metric best helps me make my point is also the single best metric - especially "GAAP Net Income ex-specials"
3. Doug Parker is turning AA from a 5 star airline into a LCC.
4. All good/bad at United is either the credit/fault of the Continental executive team or the legacy UA surrly flight attendants
5. Delta is God's gift to airlines and the traveling public. It can do no wrong.
6. Delta is the devil incarnate, not a single thing they do deserves any credit and always should be criticized.
7. UAL hates LAX and is rapidly pulling out.
8. Delta will fail in SEA because SEA loves local companies and no single Alaska frequent flyer will ever consider flying Delta
9. Seatback entertainment is clearly superior to wifi entertainment and everyone uses it
10. No one uses seatback entertainment anymore because everyone has tablets
11. The following hubs will close: CLT, PHX, SLC. IAD
12. AA does not need PHL and JFK
13. The entire traveling public pays very close attention to the plane they fly and the hard product / amenities. No one will choose to fly an older plane (what about the relative humidity!).
14. The Delta refinery is stupid and will never make money
15. The Delta refinery is brilliant and has only improved profit and margin
16. Unions are the anti-christ and are fully to blame for poor financials. They are also no longer needed as corporations are kind, thoughtful beings that would never screw over a worker to save a buck.
17. Unions are always completely rational and have never taken an unreasonable stance.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

AAlaxfan

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Quoting Coronado990 (Reply 190):
it is only a easy "2 hr drive" for San Diego residents to the mighty LAX airport and there is no reason to even have our own airport.

MKE will never get direct flights from / to ____ because people LOVE that drive down to ORD.
Grumpy. Not a dwarf, not an attitude. It's a lifestyle.

1g

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Good thread.

We hold this truth to be self evident that using your phone on the plane until the last bar is gone is totally fine.

My texting really expedites as the plane is gaining altitude  

But no phone calls please, those are just annoying.

nema

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Within the next 5 years Ryanair will become a dedicated business class airline.
There isnt really a dark side to the moon, as a matter of fact its all dark!

par13del

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Late additions:

16. Chpt.11 was invented by the US Government to bail out airlines and more importantly, get around the WTO
17. Program Accounting is GOD
18. 2016 is the year when Europe will finally finally have no worker actions (think strikes)
19. No airport has arrived until it has service from the ME3
20. TSA rocks while making everyone safe and flying enjoyable

SCQ83

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Quoting tlecam (Reply 208):
12. AA does not need PHL and JFK

BOS getting all those new Asian services is a bubble. PHL has at least the same amount of local demand to Asia than BOS. If it was not because EWR being so close to Philadelphia and everybody driving there to catch a flight, PHL would have at least the same amount of Asian services than BOS.

cal764

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:06 pm

The U.S. sh*tcan's the TIJ footbridge-terminal project and Mexico starts an all-out war
1. Fly to Win 2. Fund Future 3. Reliability 4. Work Together CO: Work Hard, Fly Right...

jetblue1965

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 213):

EWR-PHL is 80mi straight line and probably around 2 hour of road driving. If you take SEPTA+NJT it's easily 2.5 hours if not more.

The leakage is hardly material other than the most price conscious cohort.

And don't forget that AA PHL is larger than UA EWR, so there's plenty of feed to support such a service if they actually have the desire to launch.

coronado

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Delta is an operational nightmare that lies to the government every month. If they only cancel 13 flights in one month it must mean that every single one of their other flights were at least 2 days late.
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

SCQ83

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 215):

My reply was intended to be ironic...  

[Edited 2015-11-21 12:16:35]

coronado

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:16 pm

MSP - KEF on DL !

ergo everybody in Minnesota has friends and relatives in Iceland (or maybe Minnesotan's need more fish since they don't have enough lakes)
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

USAIRWAYS321

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Economy class passengers are nothing more than free-loading nuisances who have been getting far more than they deserve for decades, and it's about time the airlines start sticking it to them.

nikeherc

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Actually, the best looking airplane ever built was the DC-8-63.
DC6 to 777 and most things in between

SFOA380

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Mood lighting is the absolute only thing that differentiates VX.

Revelation

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:25 pm

The ideal FA candidate for a US legacy carrier is a blue haired elderly lady whose veins in her legs are as blue as her hair. The US legacies actively recruit at retirement homes.

Airbus has adopted the use of GPS guided lasers to realize the perfect alignment of carpet fibers to satisfy the maniacal whims of the QR CEO.

CX pays senior pilots to come on to a.net and correct the posts of flight simming armchair CEOs.

The only way for US LCCs and legacies to increase profits is to fit less comfortable chairs and charge for everything they can, including toilet paper.

The best way to solve Boston's traffic issues is to close BOS and rely on MHT, PVD and ORH for the area's aviation needs.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

SCQ83

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:31 pm

I've heard BA is starting service to (put MSY / STL / MEM / BNA / CLE). (Put MSY / STL / MEM / BNA / CLE) is booming, look at those new developments downtown. BA is nuts to start AUS or SJC before (put MSY / STL / MEM / BNA / CLE)

Why no ME3 or TK has started DTW yet? They are missing a huge opportunity with the Arab-Levant population there.

LHRResident91

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:34 pm

The 757 looks identical to the TU-204 and they both perform the same. Trust me this is true!!!!

maartent

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Quoting LGAviation (Reply 196):
Quoting CrimsonNL (Reply 195):
Also it's high time for BA to expand their 318 ops out of LCY. IAD and ORD can surely be profitable.

Martijn

Except that BA1 itself most certainly needs to go supersonic again

Now I noticed that nobody mentioned the Concorde yet....

kordcj

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 pm

MKE needs more service as it is an untapped/underserved market
ORD needs A380 gates tomorrow so that BA, EK, LH, KE and UA's always impending future order will have a place to put them
LHR will never have that 3rd runway
The US legacies should give up 50% of their gates/slots at their major city hubs so that WN can start new service to MDW/DAL and BWI. This will bring good competition.
UA dragged down CO
CO was the world's best airline until they merged with UA
PHX will be dehubbed soon by AA
LAX is 100% O/D
Americans are crazy for wanting frequency vs double daily A380s on ORD-LGA
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

flyfree727

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:37 pm

The most common passenger "type" is the "know it all' who knows nothing.

Pajamas and bare feet are really the most fashionable way to travel.

Fa's REALLY DO care when you pout for the entire flight because you didn't get that dried out piece of chicken you dreamed of.

Everyone on A.net is really qualified to be an airline CEO.

and my favorite: A.net is really NOT a forum for airline enthusiasts, yet a place for bitter, airline "wannabees" to come and pretend they work for an airline.

thanks for the laughs.

AA ORD

CalTex

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:38 pm

The A380 is dead in the water because nobody wants it, but the 747-8 still has a chance.

WPIAeroGuy

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:45 pm

The (Boeing/Airbus/BBD/Mitsubishi/Embraer) (MoM/Neo/Max/797/A360/Cseries/MRJ/ERJ2) is (undersized/oversized) and (too heavy/not enough cargo/too wide/too many engines/should have 165 instead of 172 pax) for (LAX/JFK/DXB/SYD/GRR/CHO) to (BOS/NRT/LHR/BUR/BTV) and will therefore be a flaming money pit for all airlines and should not be built.

^every new aircraft design discussion thread
-WPIAeroGuy

RJ321

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 223):

Why no ME3 or TK has started DTW yet? They are missing a huge opportunity with the Arab-Levant population there.

RJ Flies to Detroit via YUL.

warden145

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:47 pm

I love this thread!

Quoting ah414211 (Reply 192):
SFO is the best and most efficient international airport in the entire world

Corollary to that: SFO is a second-rate airport serving a third-rate city, and everyone should pull out of SFO and concentrate on LAX. Everyone in the Bay Area can take HSR to catch their flights out of LAX 
Quoting par13del (Reply 202):
9. The 747 reigns supreme

Yeah, but that one's actually true   
Quoting MrBuzzcut (Reply 83):
Tech/Ops rule: If a question was asked any time ever since the founding of a.net, starting a thread asking the same question will bring ridicule, no matter whether the thread has been closed for years or not.

Not to mention people screaming for the moderators to lock the thread and ban the thread-starter, followed by a tar-and-feather session   
ETOPS = Engine Turns Off, Passengers Swim

WesternDC6B

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Every single passenger in the USA is scrounging for the very lowest price they can find, comfort or convenience takes the hind-most.

Every non-US carrier provides superior service and catering to every US carrier.
“Pedantic” defined: spelling “pedantic” “pædantic”.

bradmovie

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Don't forget the merger between Airbus and Boeing, finally they will pool all their creative juices to create the world's Y3LR Neo FBW MaxX CRP BWB -- with virtual windows, shark/et/winglets and , of course, the zorro mask around the cockpit!

Gosh, I'll sure miss the A v. B here...

adamh8297

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:56 pm

Preclearance is a waste of money
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

DolphinAir747

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:57 pm

MCO is a dump that no one wants to go to given its proximity to Heaven (MIA), except for crazy Disney fans which is why they have the code MCO for Mickey Mouse.

BR's Hello Kitty service is bleeding money because it's a stupid idea and the fact that so many Asians love Hello Kitty makes no difference.

Only taxi time from the city center to the airport determines convenience, because only the plebs take public transportation.

DL wants to bring the Spirit of St. Louis back into commercial service because it's in better shape than their MDs.

People only want day flights transcon and redeyes TATL, no exception. Domestic redeyes violate the Geneva Convention. If bankers had taken more redeyes JFK LHR instead of wasting time watching movies on day flights, there would have been no financial crisis.

PEK777

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Any post by NWArooster must incude a   

EricAY05

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Flights between JFK/LAX and LHR/JFK must depart every 30min, because the people using them are so important that they just absolutely have to arrive home 30min earlier whenever they can, because their time is soooooooo valuable. Frequency is the only thing that matters!

RyanairGuru

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:32 pm

237 posts, yet no mention of the greatest truism of them all...

No aircraft should be allowed to apply for certification, let alone fly, until it has undergone rigorous LIQUID EXCREMENT testing.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

par13del

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 pm

So on to engines:

1. BA has never and will never use GE engines
2. The French on the other hand will never use RR
3. The RR triple spool is the most economical engine around
4. The GE-90-115 has too many shut downs that it affects ETOPS standards
5. Polar flights must be flown by a/c with 4 engines
6. The hair dryers on the A340 have finally been replaced by real engines
7. The A320 props were feathered thus allowing the Hudson landing
8. Concorde never super cruised, burners all the way baby
9. The GTF has rendered all other engines obsolete, GE is trying a LEAP of faith
10. Engines are to be tested with non-frozen birds, frozen can create discrepancies in the data gathered.

Not an engine guy so must rely on my A.Net experts.

DolphinAir747

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:58 pm

ONT, BUR, LGB, and OAK will get intercontinental 77W and A380 service any one of these days.

WesternDC6B

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Quoting par13del (Reply 239):
10. Engines are to be tested with non-frozen birds, frozen can create discrepancies in the data gathered.

Defrosting them is the order of the day for windshield tests as well.
“Pedantic” defined: spelling “pedantic” “pædantic”.

lesfalls

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Hillary rules the airlines of the U.S.
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.

pipeafcr

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Neeleman for president
Felipe Carrillo

717atOGG

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 152):

Long live AS!!!
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9

row44seatk

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Quoting jsnww81 (Reply 42):
2.) Miami. You're a complete fool if you think it doesn't deserve a second mention. It's definitely not just a city where the 1% of every South American nation likes to hide its money. To suggest that is simply an insult. Walk down Collins Boulevard in Miami Beach and you'll literally be tripping over the premium demand oozing from every doorway! Also, 600 PDEW to everywhere and now it's also time to argue about how large the metro area is!

Since this is strictly a "Fact Based" thread we need to make sure the facts are correct:
IT'S NOT Collins Boulevard IT'S Collins Avenue.

And yes Mildred ALL AIRLINES have no clue how to run an airline.
As long as the galley has Woodford Reserve I'm a happy camper.

tlecam

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Lol

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 213):

BOS getting all those new Asian services is a bubble. PHL has at least the same amount of local demand to Asia than BOS. If it was not because EWR being so close to Philadelphia and everybody driving there to catch a flight, PHL would have at least the same amount of Asian services than BOS.

Also, the US carriers never gave BOS any attention and one of them should have made it a hub.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

rising

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Quoting ODwyerPW (Reply 136):

Gordon is omniscient, omnipotent, and really the only one on earth that can run anything. Women love him and men want to be him..... he is humanity's only hope.
If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true.

airfrnt

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:04 am

DEN and PHX should be shutdown, because DFW is the one true airport.
The A380 will do just fine, as long as Airbus makes it bigger and more expensve.
American carriers should be avoided at all cost.
F9 will be bought by B6 or WN.
But not before it goes bankrupt.

shankly

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 am

New Malaysian Airlines A380 route............KUL-VCV
L1011 - P F M

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos