Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flybynight
Topic Author

SEA Next International Airline

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:30 pm

It's always fun to speculate.

SEA, from what I read, is the fastest growing airport in the U.S.

Personally I'd love to see more international growth (even if the international terminal is currently lacking).

1 - SAS.... I would L O V E to see them back....or if not...
2 - Norwegian. How handy to pop over to Everett while in town to make sure those 787's are running well  
3 - JAL - Seems there could be a good business opportunity with all the high-tech industry in Seattle
4 - Qantas - I'm not sure if another West Coast flight is needed, but it would be an interesting addition
5 - Air New Zealand - ditto
6 - Aeroflot - I believe they used to fly to SEA (or was that Anchorage!?!?)
7 - TAM - More direct flying to South America
8 - Avianca - ditto
9 - LAN - ditto
10 - AeroMexico - I am surprised they don't fly to Seattle already
11 - Singapore
Heia Norge!

adamh8297

RE: SEA Next International Airline

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Quoting flybynight (Thread starter):

You may have missed the most likely candidate: Cathay Pacific.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

jfk777

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Personally I'd love to see more international growth (even if the international terminal is currently lacking).

2 - Norwegian. How handy to pop over to Everett while in town to make sure those 787's are running well  
3 - JAL - Seems there could be a good business opportunity with all the high-tech industry in Seattle
4 - Qantas - I'm not sure if another West Coast flight is needed, but it would be an interesting addition
8 - Avianca - ditto
9 - LAN - ditto
11 - Singapore

Copa is most likely Latin Airline, don't know if those 737-800 can make it from Panama. AM should be in Seattle. Why would Avianca fly to SEA.

UAEflyer

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:40 pm

EY & QR may have SEA on their radar, as those two always copy EK strategy whom already fly twice daily.
Maybe a new chines carrier too and VS.

BoeingGuy

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 pm

8 - Avianca - ditto
9 - LAN - ditto
11 - Singapore

SAS, JAL, Aeroflot and AeroMexico have all flown to SEA in the past.

LH in SEA probably precludes an SAS return for now.

Not sure if there is much market to Moscow for Aeroflot. DL can handle with AMS and CDG connections, as can LH and BA. (Does FI fly to Moscow too?)

I could see DL being the more likely to fly SEA-MEX than AM, given DL's buildup. However, it's interesting to note that AS never saw fit to start SEA-MEX if there were a market for it.

Of your list, I could see JL returning to SEA with a daily SEA-NRT flight. Now that JL and AA have the joint venture, SEA is a glowing omission from their NRT routes. This has been speculated in the past that JL would start SEA-NRT, although it hasn't happened yet.

If LAN couldn't make SFO work, how would we expect SEA-LIM work? Heck, LAX-SCL isn't even daily, I don't believe.

QF would be interesting. They've been on and off with SFO (which was their original destination long before LAX), and also have dropped YVR. Thus, it makes me think they'd have trouble supporting SEA.

NZ even less likely than QF, especially since UA isn't exact going gangbusters in SEA anymore. At least QF would have their AS partnership.

My guess for next international airline in SEA: JL, CX, Y4 in that order.

EDIT: Actually I think CI will be the next international airline to start SEA. They'll resume SEA-TPE.

[Edited 2015-11-25 11:22:07]

flybynight
Topic Author

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Is AM in SEA? Maybe I've just never noticed them.
Avianca could expand a pretty large South American population on the West Coast. Just a thought.

Cathay, for sure, would be a good choice. Good catch. In fact there are probably a few more Asian airlines that come to mind.
Heia Norge!

winGl3t

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 2):
Copa is most likely Latin Airline, don't know if those 737-800 can make it from Panama. AM should be in Seattle. Why would Avianca fly to SEA.

Copa should launch SEA as soon as their MAX start to arrive

Miami

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 1):
You may have missed the most likely candidate: Cathay Pacific.

Yes, but they didn't mention Seattle in their plans:

Cathay Pacific Considering New Routes (by Miami Sep 28 2015 in Civil Aviation)
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

flybynight
Topic Author

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 4):
Y4 in that order.

Thanks for a logical explanation of my suggestions. I was curious, though, why Y4? It would be interesting to see SEA served by an African airliner directly. But is there a market?

As for SK, I have never gotten over them leaving. It seems to me that multiple Star Alliance partners should be able to fly to SEA. I still believe Copenhagen is one of the best airports to connect through. Of course Star Alliance is rather weak in Seattle since UA has pretty much folded and let DL take control (along with AS of course)
Heia Norge!

dabpit

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:02 pm

For TAM that would be a long flight if they did GRU to SEA. The route would be around 5883nm.

Copa is most likely Latin Airline, don't know if those 737-800 can make it from Panama.

Currently their longest route is PTY to MVD at around 2941nm. Going PTY to SEA may be a stretch if even possible with the 800. Maybe the 700 could do it? The distance from PTY to SEA is around 3166nm. It has been rumored at CM that SEA might be added.
Carpe Diem

frmrCapCadet

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:04 pm

With the introduction of EK service to Seattle a passenger can usually do a moderately convenient 1Stop anywhere in the world. A major gap is probably Spain / Italy / Greece / Turkey
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

727LOVER

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm

What non-US airlines serve SEA currently? I am very surprised JAL is not among them.

Is ANYONE currently doing SEA-HKG?

A lot of that has to do with the AS/DL battle.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...o-airlines-is-fueling-huge-growth/

Quoting Miami (Reply 7):
Yes, but they didn't mention Seattle in their plans:

Well.............. Cathay Pacific To Seattle? (by Miami Mar 6 2015 in Civil Aviation)

Some disagreement here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ew-route-speculation-cathay-4.html
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

wedgetail737

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 pm

I'm surprised no one has thought about the Chinese airlines like China Southern or China Eastern. I think China Eastern once served SEA with MD-11's back in the early 1990's.

I could also see Volaris on the SEA-Mexico route.

BoeingGuy

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 11):
What non-US airlines serve SEA currently? I am very surprised JAL is not among them.

DL does SEA-HKG with an A332

Let's see if I can list them all by memory: BA, FI, LH, NH, HU, KE, EK, AC, DE, BR.

Actually let me change something from my previous posting. CI is the most likely international carrier to start service to SEA. They also have been here before.

[Edited 2015-11-25 11:21:01]

BoeingGuy

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Quoting flybynight (Reply 8):
Y4 in that order.

Thanks for a logical explanation of my suggestions. I was curious, though, why Y4? It would be interesting to see SEA served by an African airliner directly. But is there a market?

Isn't Y4 Volaris? That's what I meant.

Quoting flybynight (Reply 5):
Is AM in SEA? Maybe I've just never noticed them.

AM did SEA-MEX for a few years with a 73G, then dropped the route.

2travel2know2

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Copa is most likely Latin Airline, don't know if those 737-800 can make it from Panama.
Quoting winGl3t (Reply 6):
Copa should launch SEA as soon as their MAX start to arrive

SEA is on CM radar, however, there's this issue with B737 MAX range.
CM launched PTY-SFO weight-restricted, so perhaps the moment CM gets it's first MAX then weight-restricted PTY-SEA may start.
If AV was a bit more daring regarding its expansion out of SAL, it could easily launch SAL-SEA, but there are other destinations in western U.S:A. out of SAL which might offer better loads than SEA: LAS and PHX perhaps.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

Miami

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Well.............. Cathay Pacific To Seattle? (by Miami Mar 6 2015 in Civil Aviation)

That photo they posted on Instagram could mean something or it doesn't mean anything at all. It's a bit older than the other thread I started, so who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised to see CX at SEA. But I am surprised they didn't mention it in the cities they were considering.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

EddieDude

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:31 pm

They flew MEX-SEA nonstop for a while and dropped it. Perhaps now that SEA has the status of DL hub and DL is deepening its equity relationship with AM we might see AM returning once the 738MAX aircraft start to arrive.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

HPRamper

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 14):
Isn't Y4 Volaris? That's what I meant.

I'm also consistently fooled by certain airline codes that apparently most people on here know, but that I often depend on the A.net tooltip for. I'm surprised there isn't more effort to eradicate these errors.

as739x

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Well out of range of the 738. SFO is already pushing it!

They did SVO-SEA-SFO-SEA-SVO. I don't know if we will see any Aeroflot growth with thing the way they are politically and financially in Russia
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

BigGSFO

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:57 pm

I can see SEA-DUB on EI happening, especially if AS code shares and starts to focus Europe flights away from DL/Sky.

ridgid727

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm

Has Norwegian taken a look at Seattle?

DavidByrne

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:06 pm

NZ even less likely than QF, especially since UA isn't exact going gangbusters in SEA anymore. At least QF would have their AS partnership.

NZ is shortly commencing services to IAH (starting in December). Beyond that, ports such as DEN, ORD and LAS have been mentioned by the airline as being on the list for ongoing study, but SEA has never been mentioned to my knowledge.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

ER757

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 12):
I think China Eastern once served SEA with MD-11's back in the early 1990's.

Yes they did - they had freighter service even more recently than that and they'd be on my short list to return.

Don't think CI will re-start SEA passenger service anytime soon (they'll keep the freighter coming here though). BR has TPE well covered.

Others that used to come to SEA but are unlikely to return IMO are SU, TG, JL.

QR or EY are possible but probably a lot less likely now that EK has a 2nd daily flight.

ndhair37

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:08 pm

I think the use of the B788 or B789 from DY on an LGW - SEA would be quite wonderful.

Some airlines I would expect to drop in, as SkyTeam members, are the likes of AM / MU / CZ. Equally, it would be nice to get VS to fly there but the route must be thin with 1 or 2 daily BA and DL already have a B763.

I can't imagine QR or EY would have an awful lot of business there but EY has Codeshare with AC and therefore that opens up connections to YVR. I can imagine it being a bit thin, mind; unless the other end of the spectrum and the Jet Airways routes and connections to India will be seen as another reason to open up the route.

I can't think of much else... Alaska's codeshares with CX, KL and LA might make a route to the "Hub" a bit more appropriate but I wouldn't hold my breath.

BA

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Previous posts here have mentioned that TK is looking at adding SEA.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Viscount724

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Another possibility - WestJet to YVR and/or YYC.

BoeingGuy

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 26):
Another possibility - WestJet to YVR and/or YYC.

Actually I'm surprised that WS hasn't started SEA.

Quoting ER757 (Reply 23):
Don't think CI will re-start SEA passenger service anytime soon (they'll keep the freighter coming here though). BR has TPE well covered.

Except that CI said they are planning to restart SEA when they get their A350s, in a recent article.

Another airline I miss at SEA is AF. Regardless of negative comments about them by some people, their old SEA-CDG flight was a great ride. I will admit though, while no fan of DL's tactics sometimes, I recently did SEA-CDG on DL in coach and it was also excellent service and product.

DeltaB717

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:03 am

QF would be interesting. They've been on and off with SFO (which was their original destination long before LAX), and also have dropped YVR. Thus, it makes me think they'd have trouble supporting SEA.

QF at YVR is seasonal, not dropped. I see no reason for QF to look at SEA, unless they can get something from AS there that they can't get from AS at LAX and SFO, and YVR when it's running. I'd rather see QF push YVR up to year-round than add SEA.

IF, big if, SEA-Australia were to happen, it would only really make sense for DL (maybe VA through their DL partnership, but methinks DL has the better-suited equipment).

DL is, though I recognise your question might have been aimed at non-USA carriers.

ER757

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:04 am

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 27):
Except that CI said they are planning to restart SEA when they get their A350s, in a recent article.

hadn't seen that - looking forward to seeing the A350 in SEA   

Another airline I miss at SEA is AF.

Same here, was sorry when DL took the route, we see enough DL A330's and 767's already.

wedgetail737

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:06 am

Quoting DeltaB717 (Reply 28):
QF at YVR is seasonal, not dropped. I see no reason for QF to look at SEA, unless they can get something from AS there that they can't get from AS at LAX and SFO, and YVR when it's running. I'd rather see QF push YVR up to year-round than add SEA.

A thousand years ago when QF was looking at the 787, one of the cities on their shortlist was SEA. Plans have changed
many times at QF. I think there is still a chance. I think there's more of a chance of QF than CI's return, even with the A350.

I think CX is the closest shot for SEA when they get their A350's.

I would love to see summer service from Norwegian and Edelweiss...like Condor.

All this wishful thinking, where are they going to park??? SEA has very little gate space left.

RWA380

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:59 am

Quoting as739x (Reply 19):
They did SVO-SEA-SFO-SEA-SVO. I don't know if we will see any Aeroflot growth with thing the way they are politically and financially in Russia

SU also served the Russian far east via ANC to SEA. IIRC, Vladisvotok-Magadan/Khaborovsk-Ancorage-Seattle.

Actually I'm surprised that WS hasn't started SEA

I am also, I'd like to see them enter both the SEA & PDX markets. It seems logical for regional expansion.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

BoeingGuy

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:39 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 31):

SU also served the Russian far east via ANC to SEA. IIRC, Vladisvotok-Magadan/Khaborovsk-Ancorage-Seattle.

AS did that route. I'm not aware SU did it. Did they, and what type of equipment?

wedgetail737

Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 31):
Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 32):
AS did that route. I'm not aware SU did it. Did they, and what type of equipment?

Yes at the height of the Russian Far East service, SU flew SEA-Moscow using the IL-96. I believe SU used both IL-62M and Tu-154mK aircraft
to the Far East via ANC. Lastly, Mavial Magadan used Tu-154's to SEA as well.

RWA380

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:43 am

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 33):
I believe SU used both IL-62M and Tu-154mK aircraft
to the Far East via ANC. Lastly, Mavial Magadan used Tu-154's to SEA as well.

Indeed I can remember thinking that SU TU-154 was a long way from home when I saw it at SEA-TAC. I totally forgot about the last carrier, I am glad you remembered that.

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 32):

Yup AS pioneered it, if I'm not mistaken. By the time SU flew it, AS was done with the Russian Far east.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

F9Animal

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:33 am

Has QF ever considered flying to SEA? Or, have they ever? I bet SEA would be a great International destination for QF.
I Am A Different Animal!!

EddieDude

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 35):
Has QF ever considered flying to SEA?

According to Wedgetail (reply 30) yes. They have.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

LSZH34

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Any chance that LX starts SEA? Would love to see them expand on longhaul.

wedgetail737

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 34):
Yup AS pioneered it, if I'm not mistaken. By the time SU flew it, AS was done with the Russian Far east.

Alaska is actually much more capable now, equipment-wise, to fly to the Russian Far East. Nowadays, the only airline
that serves the US from Russia's Far East is Yakutia (seasonally), ANC-Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky 1X weekly?

I'm holding out hope that Yakutia will eventually extend service to SEA, since they advertise the service down here.

[Edited 2015-11-27 09:41:06]

BoeingGuy

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 38):
Alaska is actually much more capable now, equipment-wise, to fly to the Russian Far East. Nowadays, the only airline
that serves the US from Russia's Far East is Yakutia (seasonally), ANC-Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky 1X weekly?

The MD-80 wasn't very well suited to that long haul route. The 738 would be a far better choice, or 73G if AS were going to keep them. I've asked before on A.net if AS intends to resume Russia, and the answer from insiders is always "no".

LAXdude1023

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:21 pm

8 - Avianca - ditto
9 - LAN - ditto
11 - Singapore

SAS - Dont see why they would. Now that SFO and LAX are on their map, I dont see SEA coming back.
Norweigan - Not a bad thought. I would wonder which gateway they would choose.
JAL - SEA is quite sizable but quite saturated. I dont see another carrier coming in, but I dont think its out of the question.
Qantas - Why would they? If any carrier flew SEA-SYD, it would be DL.
Air New Zealand - See Qantas
Aeroflot - They arent exactly buring up the profits. Dont think they are in expansion mode.
TAM - Never in our lifetime
Avianca - Only slightly better chance than TAM
LAN - As unlikely as TAM
Aeromexico - Not a bad idea. SEA-MEX could use a daily flight
Singapore - See Aeroflot.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

PlanesNTrains

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Quoting BoeingGuy (Reply 39):
I've asked before on A.net if AS intends to resume Russia, and the answer from insiders is always "no".

I would think there's bigger fish to fry, and a lot of that sort of creativity is probably lost from today's Alaska Airlines.

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 40):

Perhaps summer seasonal from a few gateways, totaling a single daily flight amongst them.

JAL - SEA is quite sizable but quite saturated.

Ya, but I'd love to see them return.

Aeroflot

I'd love to see one of their IL-96's flying "lost" looking down the Green River valley like I did back when they flew here previously. The sound was very different than anything else and they were seemingly lower and further west a fair bit from all other traffic into SEA.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

adamh8297

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Better question is out of the 4 main DY gateways which one or two would they not choose?

My guess would be 3 weekly LGW, 2 weekly OSL, and 2 weekly CPH. DY likes to try an stimulate OSL traffic.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

ER757

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 41):
I'd love to see one of their IL-96's flying "lost" looking down the Green River valley like I did back when they flew here previously. The sound was very different than anything else and they were seemingly lower and further west a fair bit from all other traffic into SEA.

Didn't they almost land on 1st Ave South or Pac Highway by mistake once? I seem to recall they were lined up when ATC advised them they weren't on track for KSEA but one of the surface streets near the airport

Devilfish

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Something from left field -- PR...if given the route authority. Should they ever get A338s (good 1:1 A343 replacement IMO), PR could even do MNL-SEA-YYZ with those (provided Airbus payload/range charts are reliable).   
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

factsonly

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Not sure if there is much market to Moscow for Aeroflot. DL can handle with AMS and CDG connections, as can LH and BA.

(Does FI fly to Moscow too?)

FI codeshares to SVO with SU over AMS, ARN, FRA, OSL:

- dep. SEA 15:30 - arr. KEF 06:45 FI 680 B757 Icelandair
- dep. KEF 07.40 - arr. AMS 11:40 FI 500 B757 Icelandair
- dep. AMS 13.00 - arr. SVO 18.15 FI 7234 A321 Aeroflot

- dep. SVO 10.25 - arr. AMS 12:00 FI 7231 Airbus A321 Aeroflot
- dep. AMS 13:20 - arr. KEF 15.30 FI 501 B757 Icelandair
- dep. KEF 16:55 - arr. SEA 16:40 FI 681 B757 Icelandair

wedgetail737

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Quoting Devilfish (Reply 44):
Something from left field -- PR...if given the route authority. Should they ever get A338s (good 1:1 A343 replacement IMO), PR could even do MNL-SEA-YYZ with those (provided Airbus payload/range charts are reliable).

There were some interesting wishes from the airlines including...

PR - MNL-SAN-SEA-MNL using the 777-300ER, but I think they have eyes on larger markets.

KE & HU - Once a upon a time, they thought about extending their service to MEX. That would have been interesting.

When QF was eyeballing the 787, QF mentioned SEA as a great 787 market...but that was years ago!

I think China Southern would do well on the SEA-Guangzhou route with a 787.

Qantas - Why would they? If any carrier flew SEA-SYD, it would be DL.
Air New Zealand - See Qantas

I think the likelihood of QF flying to SEA is great than NZ, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Quoting Devilfish (Reply 44):
PR could even do MNL-SEA-YYZ with those (provided Airbus payload/range charts are reliable).

TG did that years ago. I think they stationed an A310 for the SEA-YYZ route briefly.

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 42):
My guess would be 3 weekly LGW, 2 weekly OSL, and 2 weekly CPH. DY likes to try an stimulate OSL traffic.

DY would give FI a run for their money and pretty much reduce the change of SK coming back to zero.

zkncj

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:55 pm

NZ is more likely than Qantas at this stage, NZ is in an pretty decent expansion mode with EZE,IAH starting in December. Along with they have public stated they are looking for another two North American routes. They have running YVR,SFO for the last 10 years pretty well, we're Qantas has done a coupe of touch an goes!

Currently Qantas doesn't have the aircraft to start new North American routes, its an choice of the A388 or the 744ER. When Air New Zealand, has the 77E,77W or 789 to choose from.

RWA380

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 46):
TG did that years ago. I think they stationed an A310 for the SEA-YYZ route briefly.

Indeed you are correct. SEA was the first city in the US TG flew to. In the time they flew to SEA they tried tags to DFW, LAX & YYZ. The route started with a 742 stopping at NRT, then the 743's & TPE became the stop point. During the time they were flying the 743 to SEA, TG decided that is was less expensive to fly the 743 to SEA & then operated the twin 310 to YYZ. When the M11 came along, the 310 was dropped & that is when I was able to take the tag on a fresh off the line M11 in J, what a great flight that was, TG charged just over $200 + tax r/t & I put many passengers on it over the years.

ER757

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:52 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 48):
Indeed you are correct. SEA was the first city in the US TG flew to. In the time they flew to SEA they tried tags to DFW, LAX & YYZ. The route started with a 742 stopping at NRT, then the 743's & TPE became the stop point. During the time they were flying the 743 to SEA, TG decided that is was less expensive to fly the 743 to SEA & then operated the twin 310 to YYZ. When the M11 came along, the 310 was dropped & that is when I was able to take the tag on a fresh off the line M11 in J, what a great flight that was, TG charged just over $200 + tax r/t & I put many passengers on it over the years.

TG flew the DC-10 to SEA for a time as well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos