Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl

RE: Turkish Aviation December 2015

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Over time I would expect more airlines to reduce or exit Istanbul services.

This is quite natural and seen across industry at home carrier hubs.

In Europe, BA, Air France and Lufthansa all have seen marketshare increases at their home bases.

For instance FRA - LH market share has grown from about 60 to almost 70% in the last decade. At LHR BA has grown from barely 40 to almost exactly 50's% in market share since turn of the century. Same story at CDG AF has grown to over 50% today, at AMS is almost 60% in favor of KLM.

In the US its similar with many hub airports seeing growing concentration of the home airline - ATL, EWR, DTW, IAH etc. which creates an inertia which becomes growingly difficult to compete against.

Airlines play to their strengths which tends to mean to focus on their primary hub cities

[Edited 2015-12-19 08:58:33]

ankaraflyjet

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 99):

Yes BA is retiring 767 but now decided to utilize 787 instead to various European routes and unfortunately IST is not one of them....

Likewise LX is going to utilize 777 in peak periods to some European destinations and again IST not included, so TK will continue to have dominance in IST naturally in the years to come...

May be these airlines should look at secondary markets in Turkey if they like to generate new business. The capacity restrictions at IST makes domestic to international transfers very time consuming and difficult and unless you travel with Star Alliance you need to lift your luggage manually too...So either TK puts a curbside luggage drop at International terminal to solve this or fying BA from LHR to ESB via IST, you lift your luggage close to a kilometer on your own, not practical at all...Likewise on the return leg....

The following routes would be viable;

LX to reinstate ZRH ESB and the new Bombardier they have in the fleet would be good to sustain loads during low yield months in the winter and A320 could do the summer season;
AF could reinstate CDG ESB and a morning departure from ESB could be good to make North American connections. ADB also needs similar service;
KL should reinstate AMS-ESB on the days AF is not making CDG-ESB to have daily partner airline traffic;

These will be good to start with and BA should look at LHR-ESB-IKA-ESB-LHR that would make sense to have BA return to Iran with a 787 or 321 to start with may be....

ankaraflyjet

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 100):

Thank you for the comments and yes it makes sense but hopefully we will see BA, LH etc. utilize larger a/c to IST eventually as the size and potential of IST as a global network destination deserves more than two daily A320's.........Given the capacity restrictions at IST the only solution seems to be utilization of larger a/c than putting new flights I guess

mercure1

Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 101):
Yes BA is retiring 767 but now decided to utilize 787 instead to various European routes

What route is that? Can you share the details.
I am not aware of any European 787 service. All the BA 787s are configure with longhaul cabins.

BA has stated its 767 Europe replacement is the A320 family.

Likewise LX is going to utilize 777 in peak periods to some European destinations and again IST not included

The initial few announced European flights are for crew training to build experience with the model. Long term the 77W is Swiss premier longhaul aircraft.

LAXintl

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:07 am

Yes BA is retiring 767 but now decided to utilize 787 instead to various European routes
Likewise LX is going to utilize 777 in peak periods to some European destinations

I dont believe that is the plan at all for either airline. Both the BA 787 and LX 77W are meant and configured for longhaul.

May be these airlines should look at secondary markets in Turkey if they like to generate new business. The capacity restrictions at IST makes domestic to international transfers very time consuming and difficult and unless you travel with Star Alliance you need to lift your luggage manually too...So either TK puts a curbside luggage drop at International terminal to solve this or fying BA from LHR to ESB via IST, you lift your luggage close to a kilometer on your own, not practical at all...Likewise on the return leg....

I think we have been through this 100 times, but Turkish secondary markets are fraction of the demand, and lower revenue yield compared to Istanbul.

As far as connections, BA has been over the years trying to interest someone like Atlas to become a joint interline ticking and mileage partner, but this simply adds too much complexity to the Atlas business model for very small volume gain in traffic. They briefly tried to implement joint ticket and ability for Atlasjet to check-in BA passengers in Turkish domestic markets, but it was really not very beneficial.

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 102):
hopefully we will see BA, LH etc. utilize larger a/c to IST eventually as the size and potential of IST as a global network destination deserves more than two daily A320's.........

If one believes that AF, BA and LH are losing money to Turkey these days, the last thing they would likely do is to place larger aircraft on the routes. That would simply increase loss as they would need to reduce fares to fill them.

Assuming these airlines are interested in keeping IST in their network while they lose money, then they would likely operate the minimal number of flights to keep some network connectivity and using the smallest airframe possible to minimize financial damage.

I am not saying AF, BA and LH lose money at IST, but I dont think things are going as well as once a upon a time for them in Turkey.

[Edited 2015-12-19 21:10:34]

ALAfly

Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:59 am

There is a new color sheme of TX A321:

Airbus A321 -231 3283 TC-JRG Turkish Airlines at IST 18dec15 in special “Turkey – Discover the potential” cs
Source: Skyliner-aviation.de

Any photos to see of the bird?

Yakamoz

Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:46 am

Quoting ALAfly (Reply 105):

See reply 95 by TK787 or this link;
http://kokpit.aero/thy-discover-the-potantial

ALAfly

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:05 am

Quoting Yakamoz (Reply 106):

Thank you, sorry missed that!!

bahadir

Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:11 pm

My shameless plug about my trip on AtlasGlobal on their IST-LTN route.. The article is in Turkish, but I will put together a trip report when I get a chance..

http://kokpit.aero/londra-atlasglobal-ucus

LAXintl

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:33 pm

TK was selected as one of 2015 best airline marketing initiatives.

http://simpliflying.com/2015/15-best...e-marketing-initiatives-from-2015/

Quoting bahadir (Reply 108):
My shameless plug about my trip on AtlasGlobal on their IST-LTN route.. The article is in Turkish, but I will put together a trip report when I get a chance..

Thanks Baha. Be good for an English version so you can share the experiences with more people.

Unfortunately, I remain so confused as to what Atlas continues to do or more importantly what it wants to be.
Ever since they entered schedule service now more than a decade ago they have made so many strategic course changes leaving behind such a confused market place. Sadly they zig-zag all over the place with routes and product concepts.

ankaraflyjet

Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 104):

Thanks for the feedback...but as you knwo IST ESB is under TK's monopoly and is unlikely to change, that is a game changer for ESB if one could change that....The prices on IST ESB are also quite high unless you do red eye flights...

The way ESB reached 12 million pax (as of end of Dec 15) now and I cannot say that ESB still should be considered a domestic airport only. It is evident that there is a sizable demand for international service.

Sorry I raise the topic over and over but unless the site is strictly on IST let's change the heading here to Istanbul Aviation and we voice out secondary market issues elsewhere...As long as the problem is there I will continue to voice out.....

I think the airport is under-served and we need a direct service to London, Paris, Zurich, Rome, Amsterdam and Brussels immediately.

stylo777

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 110):
Thanks for the feedback...but as you knwo IST ESB is under TK's monopoly and is unlikely to change, that is a game changer for ESB if one could change that....The prices on IST ESB are also quite high unless you do red eye flights...

well, I do agree with the monopoly; however, the prices aren't any higher than e.g. ADB, BJV, TZX or any other place. What I do see in TK's ESB strategy is an aggressive pricing in order to suit the usual IST-ESB diplomatic traffic and their members on one side and pushing Pegasus out of the Istanbul - Ankara (and onwards) market on the other hand. Over the course of almost six months I did IST-ESB-IST atleast twice a month on a daytrip basis. Nearly 70-80% of the flights were on full widebody aircraft.
Normally in such cases, a "normal" airline would increase the prices since there is so much demand, but as I said before, the prices are low and aggresive so there is another strategic decision laying behind.

mercure1

Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:39 pm

What is Atlas - LCC or full service carrier? I see they have premium cabin onboard, but yet I have seen them operate charters in France.

Also what happened to their large domestic ops? I recall seeing CRJ-700s at Istanbul.

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 110):
Sorry I raise the topic over and over but unless the site is strictly on IST let's change the heading here to Istanbul Aviation and we voice out secondary market issues elsewhere...

I would love more service particularly medium/longhaul service from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest cities in France (MRS, LYS, TLS), but its very unlikely to happen when you have a similar situation such as Istanbul with a city which generates near 50% of the economic activity of a nation.

All roads in France lead to Paris, similar how Istanbul rules over the economic and airline picture of Turkey.

Actually with 3rd airport it seems to me there will be an even heavier focus on Istanbul as todays artificial constraints like slots and facility limits will be lifted so TK and others can grow their activities even further.

LAXintl

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:06 am

Quoting stylo777 (Reply 111):
well, I do agree with the monopoly; however, the prices aren't any higher than e.g. ADB, BJV, TZX or any other place.

Air fares in Turkey are some of the cheapest in the world. IATA a year or so ago had a ranking and Turkey was near the top for most affordable. (I think we posted details when released).
Yes IST-ESB might be monopoly for TK, but there is still strong competition from SAW.
Personally I also dont expect the monopoly to remain with the new airport.

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 112):
What is Atlas - LCC or full service carrier? I see they have premium cabin onboard, but yet I have seen them operate charters in France.

It depends on who the management team is this year.

They started as subsidiary of a German-Turkish tour operator and flew exclusively for them with Airbus and 757 equipment. Then with a partial break up of that ownership they got idea of becoming a full service airline. Pursued different concepts including large focus on domestic ops. Then successive management changes they looked to more LCC ops, back to charters, ACMI operator including with fleet of A330s, investing in other countries (Iraq & Ukraine), to todays somewhat confused hybrid ops. Even in Istanbul it can be confusing with some destinations from IST others at SAW. At one time they even almost signed contract to lease 2 ex Virgin A340s for NYC and BKK service!

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 112):
Also what happened to their large domestic ops? I recall seeing CRJ-700s at Istanbul.

They tried both the CRJ700 and 900 for periods between 2005 and 2010. This was when were growing their domestic ops and even used the aircraft to nearby markets like Greek islands. Concept obviously failed.

mercure1

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Thank you for info. Seems Atlas is indeed confused with their business model. Wonder how they manage to remain in business?

TK105

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Quoting stylo777 (Reply 111):

Ok, let me do a search for you!

As ESB-IST is more than half business traffic (i.e. people buy tickets mostly during last 48 hours), I did a price investigation for 23rd of Dec, Wednesday. I planned a trip for a businessman morning flight to IST and same day evening flight to ESB. For a comparison, I also searched flighrs between ESB-SAW for Pegasus and TK (I ignored Anadolujet). I only listed the cheapest price.

TK ESB-IST
06:30 TK2189 227.TL
07:00 TK2113 289.TL
09:10 TK2123 289.TL

TK ESB-SAW
07:30 TK2961 94.TL
08:30 TK2963 65.TL
09:15 TK2965 65.TL

PGS ESB-SAW
06:30 55.TL
07:55 65.TL
08:45 55.TL
09:25 55.TL

TK IST-ESB
18:00 TK2170 464.TL
19:00 TK2174 289.TL
19:55 TK2178 394.TL
21:00 TK2182 289. TL

TK SAW-ESB
19:00 TK2980 289.TL
20:40 TK2982 65.TL

PGS SAW-ESB
18:40 65.TL
19:40 65.TL
20:50 65.TL

So is it really cheap to fly on TK IST-ESB monopoly segment? I leave it up to you!

ankaraflyjet

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:16 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 115):

Much appreciated, thanks a lot...

Now our friends will say the selected day is an exceptional day , there is X-mas traffic from Europe etc.

Too bad we can not convince aviation fans here set aside the decision makers...ouch !!!

HB-IWC

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:41 am

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 116):
Much appreciated, thanks a lot...

Now our friends will say the selected day is an exceptional day , there is X-mas traffic from Europe etc.

Too bad we can not convince aviation fans here set aside the decision makers...ouch !!!

I think the point that people in here were trying to make was that these flights, in comparison to other similar flights, would not be considered very expensive. I would suggest that you compare with similar same day roundtrips LHR MAN on BA, ZRH GVA on LX or FRA TXL on LH for actual mid week business days and you would probably find out that TK is not more expensive, if at all.

Furthermore, I find the implied notion that route and network planners at BA, KL, AF and the like must be idiots for not restarting Ankara flights silly at best. Yet by rehashing these same issues here month after month, that is exactly what you seem to suggest. I am pretty convinced that the day any of these airlines sees a way of profitably deploying its resources on an Ankara route, they will not wait to do so. The data they are looking at likely tell them differently.

ALAfly

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:19 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 117):

I totally agree with you. Especially in the first part of your post. I will fly from ZRH to ALA on the 28th. Sure checked pith Pegasus and Turkish, yes TK is areound 3-400$ more but must say I prefer take TK for all the trip. And alo like thise B739 they have)) Also prefer IST then SAW! Ground staff in SAW has very bad english knowledge and FA's on Pegasus too. A shame and needs to be improved.

ahmetdouas

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:50 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 115):

They price it that IST is very expensive to cater to the transit people! Basically they want the Istanbul-Ankara only traffic to be from SAW hence they offer such ridiculously cheap fares compared to flying from IST

Yakamoz

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:55 am

Turkish Airlines to continue 6 weekly flights to Manila in summer 2016.

Source: airlineroute.net

TK105

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 117):
Quoting ALAfly (Reply 118):
Quoting ahmetdouas (Reply 119):

Looks like we have more international TK fans than in Turkey.  

Here is the world top 10 busiest routes. Actually Istanbul-Ankara is missing here. As ex-ministry of transport declared on TV, there are 18K airline passengers between Istanbul-Ankara daily, making around 5M passengers annually (as a minimum). I think Istanbul-Ankara have to be in this list:

http://kolayresim.com/uploads/90/2141/bajkm2vnvbjqxhws.jpeg

However one thing is odd when you look at the above list: There are always multiple companies serving on these routes....

Ankara-Istanbul city pair is probably the only pair which there is monopoly with such a high potential. As a TK fan, I also try to use their services as much as possible. But when you look at the prices, there is a serious gap and all I say is, this has to be based on a fair competition.

mercure1

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Quoting TK105 (Reply 121):
Ankara-Istanbul city pair is probably the only pair which there is monopoly

How can Ankara-Istanbul city pair be monopoly when you have Pegasus, Anadolujet offering high frequency service in addition to THY?

ankaraflyjet

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 pm

I think this forum should be renamed to Istanbul Aviation and another topic should be started for the rest of Turkey...most countries do that here on Airliners.net

Turkish market is large enough to do this and we can have more positive dialogue....

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Quoting ankaraflyjet (Reply 123):
I think this forum should be renamed to Istanbul Aviation and another topic should be started for the rest of Turkey...

I disagree  
These threads are not only about Istanbul or TK. It might seem like it at times since they are the biggest players and it is only natural to lean toward more discussion about the bigger players in any situation.
I will continue to open these threads under "Turkish Aviation" just like I have been doing it for the last 10 years. You can all discuss all things related to Turkish Aviation under these threads except personal attacks and political stuff. I have seen none of these so far. If I did, I will ask moderators to delete those messages. Keep the conversation going, there is no harm people disagreeing with others opinions. This is where we all come to share ideas and learn from each other.

I have no problems of seeing the same discussions about "Lack of International Service at ESB" or "Monopoly of TK on IST-ESB routes". It is all good, everyone has a right to agree/disagree or take part/not take part in these discussions.
Different opinions are always good. We can't expect everyone to share the same views, that would be very boring. That will also defeat the idea of visiting this forum.

Anyone can start a thread on any topic. I have seen many other threads on Turkish Aviation, started by many others over the years. That is great ! The more the merrier  
But, I highly recommend everyone to keep posting under "Turkish Aviation", all things related to Turkish Aviation. These threads are stronger with all the sub threads under one roof.
All ideas/rumors/news are welcome, we can't expect everyone to agree on everything  Keep the dialogue open with different views, the opposite becomes just another "monologue".

Thanks you all for participating.

LAXintl

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:39 pm

there are 18K airline passengers between Istanbul-Ankara daily, making around 5M passengers annually

Your numbers are not correct.

My records show IST-ESB 2014 O&D as 1.37mil - or about 3765/day.

Average fare paid was USD $76.

Your 18,000/day count would mean there are 90 daily flights with a 200 seat aircraft with 100% load factors. There are not 90 daily flights between combined SAW+IST to ESB using 200 seat aircraft.

[Edited 2015-12-22 10:41:16]

Yakamoz

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Is there a list from where except IST TK is flying nonstop to which foreign destinations? Should I try to make one?

[Edited 2015-12-22 11:59:50]

TurkishSky

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 124):

TK105

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 125):

I revisited the interview with ex-minister (go to 24:30):

http://www.cnnturk.com/tv-cnn-turk/p...10-ocak-2015-cumartesi-lutfi-elvan

It has been almost a year. I forgot some, but what he said was this (I think I mentioned this here on A.net back then):

- 100K daily passangers between Istanbul-Ankara
- 16K to 17K is by plane and fast train

As I have never used, I have no idea about fast train passanger figures. But I do not expect it to be significant yet, as track ends at Pendik when train arrives to Istanbul, it is quite outside of city center.

TK time table says that there are 23+23 IST-ESB flights and 16+16 SAW-ESB flights during W16. In the meantime, Pegasus also flies 13+13 SAW-ESB flights. So in total we have 104 daily flights both ways during winter which probably increases further during summer.

Also note that we are not only talking about O&D. This figure includes onward connections of ESB passangers to the rest of the world on TK and PGS.

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Looks like TC-LJD TK's latest 77W to be delivered in 2015 is on its way to IST:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/THY6900

ankaraflyjet

Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:46 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 125):

Eurocontrol data as follows;

Note that SAW ESB not included in this, for IST ESB only;

10 Busiest airport pairs in Europe;
the First number is total movements in both direction in 2014, the second number growth compared to 2013

Istanbul-Ataturk Izmir-Adnan Menderes 21,737 2.9%
Oslo-Gardermoen Trondheim-Vaernes 18,893 5.9%
Madrid-Barajas Barcelona-El Prat 18,482 -8.4%
Oslo-Gardermoen Bergen-Flesland 17,497 0.9%
Paris-Orly Toulouse-Blagnac 17,524 -5.4%
Istanbul-Ataturk Antalya 17,394 2.5%
Oslo-Gardermoen Stavanger-Sola 16,530 2.5%
Rome-Fiumicino Milano-Linate 16,493 -8.8%
Istanbul-Ataturk Ankara-Esenboga 16,344 3.5%
Munich Berlin-Tegel 14,641 5.7%

As many members indicated here I also do not expect to give up on IST ESB monopoly but may be EU accession will eventually oblige Turkey to deregulate this, we will see in a few years.

I think opening up of ESB has a lot to do with the TK monopoly as most of the pax flow to international destinations are through IST not SAW but SAW is expanding rapidly so that is interesting to see.

The third IST airport is a game-changer for IST and Turkey and is good, If TK could somehow make an int to domestic transfer easier that would be great. This is not solely a problem for ESB but for the entire country. Of course the largest domestic feed to IST is from ESB, ADB, AYT so has a bigger impact for connecting pax.

The older application of exiting customs at the first port of departure and bypassing passport control at IST would be good that will also ease congestion at IST. At least to major routes if this can be provided that would be great....

LAXintl

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:45 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 128):
As I have never used, I have no idea about fast train passanger figures. But I do not expect it to be significant yet, as track ends at Pendik when train arrives to Istanbul, it is quite outside of city center.

Per Turkish Statistical Institute is was 5,086,000 in 2014. 4,207,000 in 2013, 3,350,000 in 2012.

http://www.turkstat.gov.tr/

I'd expect train travel to grow and compete strongly with air travel for inter city travel as we've seen in other European nations like France, Spain, Germany etc.

Eventually service between ESB and IST for example will be primarily for benefit of transit connections. Similar to IB BCN-MAD shuttle market where 70% of pax flown connect beyond at MAD these days. The local O&D shifted either to LCCs or rail.

ALAfly

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:56 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 129):

Thanks for the info. As TK has the 77W in service, how quick now will it be on it's first sheduled flight?

TK105

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:44 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 131):
Per Turkish Statistical Institute is was 5,086,000 in 2014. 4,207,000 in 2013, 3,350,000 in 2012.

Yes, TCDD provides the following info:

TCDD-YHT.jpg

As High Speed Train line (HSTL) between Eskisehir and Istanbul-Pendik only established in 2014 and assuming that all traffic increase for 2014-2013 only comes from Istanbul HSTL and all travels between Istanbul-Ankara, it is still less than 800K passengers annually. So we can assume 1K to 2K passengers between Istanbul-Ankara on HSTL each day.

Interestingly Izban (Izmir Municipal Suburban Railway System) carries more passenger than overall Istanbul TCDD Suburban Network including Marmaray Bosphorus Railline. I know that Istanbul Network is under construction but what Izmir Municipality achieved is also remarkable.

But we have another conclusion from above table: Railway Transportation is simple miserable in Turkey and government should place it on top priority.

OA260

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:51 am

Does anyone know the extent of the damage to the three aircraft at SAW?

An overnight explosion at an airport in Istanbul killed one person and damaged three planes hundreds of meters apart, Turkish media said, triggering a security alert as authorities sought to determine if a bomb was responsible.

The blast at Sabiha Gokcen, the city's second airport and located on its Asian side, occurred shortly after 2:00 a.m. (midnight GMT), local budget carrier Pegasus said, fatally wounding a cleaner on one of its planes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tu...irport-blast-idUSKBN0U60DS20151223

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Quoting ALAfly (Reply 132):
Thanks for the info. As TK has the 77W in service, how quick now will it be on it's first sheduled flight?

Usually a week or so, after customs and paperwork, sometimes even faster. IIRC, one plane went into service in 3 days.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 134):
Does anyone know the extent of the damage to the three aircraft at SAW?

You can see the damage here. Pretty crazy stuff , in Turkish but you can see how 3 different areas on the tarmac were hit. Dept. of Ministry says up to 5 airplanes damaged.
http://kokpit.aero/sabiha-gokcen-ucaklardaki-hasar

SCQ83

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Not very reassuring.... whether it is a terrorist attack or another false flag.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 136):
Not very reassuring.... whether it is a terrorist attack or another false flag.

Very serious indeed,
If you look at the map, #3 circle that is close to gate 201, which is right next to the VIP terminal. This is where the presidential 319 was parked last time I was at SAW.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 129):
Looks like TC-LJD TK's latest 77W to be delivered in 2015 is on its way to IST:

23rd 77W for TK (300th frame in the fleet) is in IST:
http://www.airporthaber.com/thy-habe...u-ucagi-ataturk-havalimaninda.html

Yakamoz

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 138):

No, it's not the 300th frame in the fleet. The 300th is coming in January and is a Boeing B777 too. Registration: TC-LJE.

Airporthaber do a hype on that 300th. End year forecast by TK see 299 frames. In my opinion, this is wrong too because Anadolujet has no B737-700s yet. So TK has just 3 B737-700s but they show 4. That would mean end year fleet is 298.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Quoting Yakamoz (Reply 139):

Thanks. It is really hard to know how many frames TK has on a given month  
It would be nice that the 300th will be a 77W with a special livery, like they did with the 100th.

ALAfly

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 am

According to Boeings Orders & Deliveries page TK has still 10 737 on order.

Will they be standard Winglets or fitted with the new Split Winglets? And they are -800, -900 or mixed?

Thanks.

LLA001

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:20 am

still did not understand what happened at SAW but a Mahan Air had an incident this morning at Ataturk Airport

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/iran-ucag...ninda-korkuluklara-carpti-40031205

According to the news, it could not stop while parking and hit the concrete barrier and also a bus right next to the barrier

Yakamoz

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:45 am

TK launch Istanbul-Hanoi flights 5 weekly with A330-300 eff 27JUN16. There is a tag to Ho Chi Minh City.

Quoting ALAfly (Reply 141):
TK has 20 B737-800 without winglets on order, delivery next year.
In addition, there are 75 B737-8MAX on order (delivery 2018-2021) and 10 B737-9MAX (delivery 2019-2020).

According to my fleet entry-exit analysis, it could be that TK convert 12 own B738 into B738W and give them next year to Anadolujet.
That's why chief of Anadolujet spokes about 42 frames in total next year.

[Edited 2015-12-24 01:58:18]

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Quoting LLA001 (Reply 142):
it could not stop while parking and hit the concrete barrier

I saw some pics, why were the emergency slides not deployed?

ankaraflyjet

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Looks like the following Air Control Tower won the bid and will be built in new IST Airport....
I really liked it......
New Airport Control Tower to be built in new IST Airport

LAXintl

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Here from another angle.

Joint Italian-US design. Supposed to be tulip inspired

=

MD11Engineer

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 144):
Quoting LLA001 (Reply 142):
it could not stop while parking and hit the concrete barrier

I saw some pics, why were the emergency slides not deployed?

Why should they? There was no immediate danger to the passengers and crew (fire etc.) and using the slides would have caused a lot more injuries.

Jan

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 147):
Why should they? There was no immediate danger to the passengers and crew (fire etc.) and using the slides would have caused a lot more injuries.

I guess, you are right.
My thought was, since the plane came to a stop an angle it would be hard to deplane pax using stairs, therefore might be easier to just slide down. I wonder if they somewhat leveled the plane first or somehow used another tool ??

behramjee

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:04 pm

I do not like the way in which the new HAN route structure is being handled as it confuses the general public. I would have standardized it to be as follows:

Option 1 - 5 weekly IST-SGN-HAN-IST

OR

Option 2 - 3 weekly IST-HAN-IST + 4 weekly IST-SGN-IST...in this manner TK can market the fact that it offers daily flights to/from Vietnam to Europe

OR

Option 3 - 4 weekly IST-HKT-HAN A333...EU-HKT demand is growing rapidly as is evident with EK/QR/EY/AY/SK increasing capacity over there. In order to not be left behind, TK should seriously consider HKT for launch effective IATA W16 season and push to get 5th freedom rights on HKT-HAN.

I also see TPE-IST being increased from daily to 10 weekly B77Ws from July 2016! Is there something special happening to the Taiwanese economy to first warrant EK daily 615 seater A380 and now TK increasing capacity by +40%?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos