Below is the updated list comparing to the 17th edition:
The archives contain Parts 1 - 17
Airlines currently active in Nigeria (including new, and suspended carriers):
Aero Contractors - http://www.flyaero.com
Air Peace - new carrier http://www.flyairpeace.com
Allied Air Cargo - http://www.alliedaircargo.com
Arik Air - http://www.arikair.com (Largest commercial airline in Nigeria)
Associated Airlines - http://www.flyassociated.com (Seems to have been suspended )
Azman Air - new carrier http://www.airazman.com
Dana Air - http://www.flydanaair.com (Resumed operations)
First Nation Airways - http://www.flyfirstnation.com (Fully active)
IRS Airlines - http://www.flyirsairlines.com (Suspended operations)
Kabo Air - http://www.kaboair.com (Seems to be suspended)
Medview Airlines - new carrier http:///www.medviewairline.com
Overland Airways - http://www.overland.aero (Active as usual)
1) Passenger traffic for inbound and outbound destinations in Nigeria has risen to 21 million in 2014, exceeding the record of the previous year by over 20 %.
2) Air Peace - launched with great fanfare and took delivery of a large fleet considering it is a new entrant, and flies several routes in Nigeria including a Lagos-Abuja-Kebbi flight probably subsidized by the Kebbi government.
3) Azman Air - new carrier specializing in flights to North / North East Nigeria and Lagos-Abuja
4) Medview Airlines - new carrier, now operating international flights from Lagos to Accra and London Gatwick
5) First Nation - reliable and punctual airline, albeit stagnant with a single operated route (Lagos-Abuja)
6) Overland Airways - probably the most stable airline, operating for over a decade already. Steadily grown its ATR42/ATR72 fleet yet the scheduled flight offerings are limited to a few thin routes in Nigeria. Charter flights are a major part of the business it seems.
Below are some photographs of Nigeria's newest carriers and aircraft additions (Arik Air - CRJ-1000).
Looking forward to great discussion on Africa's giant and largely untapped aviation market that is Nigeria!
|Azman Air 737-300|
|Medview Airlines 737|
|Arik Air CRJ-1000|
[Edited 2015-12-02 00:33:51]