Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BestWestern

RE: New Malaysian Airline Sharia-Style

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 am

This thread has totally descended into islamophobia and bigotry.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

Brewfangrb

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 am

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 21):
Why does a prayer bother's you so much?

Hey, if someone thinks they need the blessing or help of an imaginary, invisible being, go nuts. I'm sure Christian pilots do it here. But keep it off the PA--thereby respecting everyone's beliefs.

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 25):
claiming climate change threatens our very survival

Glad I'll be dead soon. When your grandchildren are trying to figure out how to live in a much hotter, more volatile climate causing disruptions in where food can be grown and the type that can be grown, my cremains will laugh at them "I don't see the big deal--I mean, your grandfather said it was simply a change to the status quo, so stop whining".

Quoting benjjk (Reply 45):
Boycotting airlines because the pilots pray, what has A.Net sunk to?

Because they pray over the PA or play a recorded prayer over the PA. If I wanted public prayer, I'd go to church, thanks.

Quoting liftsifter (Reply 47):
It's sad that we cannot respect that others have different religious beliefs anymore.. Lord have mercy...

Choosing not to fly an airline that forces one to listen to a prayer is disrespecting their beliefs? How?

Quoting FSDan (Reply 129):
but if by abstaining from pork and alcohol temporarily I can show respect to my Muslim brothers and sisters, why not do that? There are plenty of other tasty foods and drinks in the world!

Wait a minute. It's THEIR beliefs and THEIR choice on what to eat. Why do I have to modify my behavior simply for them to believe I "respect" them. If they're good people, they will respect my beliefs and my choice to eat whatever I want. If they choose not to serve the item, I can deal with it or not fly them.

AsoRock

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am

Quoting dc9northwest (Reply 2):

Ah, welcome to my no-fly list.

I wouldn't feel safe being piloted by someone who doesn't believe he's fully in control.

That's incredibly naive. What you seem to be missing is that according to practicing muslims or any other pilots of different faiths, performing a prayer before take off isn't some form of "God Please Save us" ritual where professional conduct and good airman-ship are suddenly compromised. It is more of a peaceful prayer asking God to facilitate the journey and make it as smooth as possible. I'm not religious at all, yet I don't see how this is so offensive to you.

Please do not be so narrow minded and western-centric in your thinking. The world does not revolve around western atheist thought, there are billions and billions of deeply devout religious people around the world, just as much Christians as Muslims and other religions.

As people have said above, if this new airline does not appeal to you, then you should avoid it and many other airlines including the ME3. Too bad since some of them offer the greatest service and value for money out there.

pvjin

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:57 am

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 150):
This thread has totally descended into islamophobia and bigotry.

Phobia is an irrational fear, is fear of Islam irrational? If we look back through the history and read Islam's holy book I don't think it is. Same can be said about fear of Christianity and Judaism of course.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

BestWestern

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am

Quoting pvjin (Reply 153):
is fear of Islam irrational?

Yes, it is.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

mariner

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 am

Quoting oxymorph (Reply 146):
Nah, but it should offend your sensibilities and morality...if for no other reason than its deplorable treatment of women.

You look after your morality, mate, leave me to look after mine.

Even as a non-believer, someone saying a prayer, in public or in private, does not offend me.

Quoting brewfangrb (Reply 151):
Why do I have to modify my behavior simply for them to believe I "respect" them.

You don't have to modify your behaviour or beliefs in any way. This is about a very small airline flying domestically in Malaysia on a couple of routes that other carriers serve.

If you don't like the way they run their airline - don't fly 'em.

mariner
aeternum nauta

aviationaware

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 154):
Yes, it is.

Dude, don't discredit yourself. Thanks.

Quoting justbala (Reply 53):
Urban Malaysia is as happening and open (if not more) as most urban metros in the world. Just had a fren transiting via KL and he was surprised to find short skirts and tights in abundance.
Quoting BestWestern (Reply 61):
They aren't. Speak to normal people and not poorly phrased surveys that lead to an answer they are looking for.

Clearly you don't know Malaysia as well as you think, or you would know that ultra conservative Islam is gaining more and more traction there every year at an alarming pace. Any other country in the region should brace for impact.

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 137):
The very idea of a sharia compliant airline is as offensive as some group launching - aryan complaint airline OR blacks airline OR hindu airline OR christian airline OR blacks airline and then saying....

Amen. I don't know what it is about liberal people that makes them feel compelled to defend the most extremist right wing ideology on the planet since the demise of nazism.
Being a jew myself I was extremely appalled when I heard about cases of El Al giving in to ultra orthodox jews demanding that women seated next to them be seated elsewhere. I avoid flying El Al at all cost, and that's just judaism, which for all its intolerance on the fringes is peaceful throughout. Now we are talking islamic, and frankly if you think Islam is a peaceful religion you must be completely delusional. Many people practicing it are peaceful, but the religion itself clearly is not.

Ideology, whether you call it religion or not, has no space in the public domain. Period.

Quoting mariner (Reply 155):
Even as a non-believer, someone saying a prayer, in public or in private, does not offend me.

Not even if the prayer is on the reading of a religious founder that's a historical figure that moved from being a peaceful guy like Jesus to becoming one of the worst slaughterers in human history, whose deeds are still fuelling abhorrent acts every day?

[Edited 2015-12-22 04:48:06]

AirbusA6

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 108):
Quoting AirbusA6 (Reply 85):
with Westerners, Chinese, Hindus and moderate Muslims not their market.

Aww what a loss, with the right price all of those you mention will be flying with them, including aetheist Malays, yes those types exist in Malaysia as well, perhaps more openly then in some other muslim countries. BTW the airline owners seem to be Hindus.

With Malaysian and Air Asia operating more or less hourly flights on that route, and Air Asia unlikely to be undercut in price, clearly the main people attracted to the new carrier WILL be people attracted by the religious aspect, and maybe prepared to pay slightly more.

Let's face it, you've got a start up with 2 elderly 734s competing against Air Asia with its vast fleet of modern A320s, they've GOT to have a unique selling point, otherwise why would anyone choose them on such a short route?
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

intermodal64

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:20 pm

I have a vague memory that back in the 1970's Continental used to place little prayer cards on meal trays.

FSDan

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Quoting FSDan (Reply 129):but if by abstaining from pork and alcohol temporarily I can show respect to my Muslim brothers and sisters, why not do that? There are plenty of other tasty foods and drinks in the world!

Wait a minute. It's THEIR beliefs and THEIR choice on what to eat. Why do I have to modify my behavior simply for them to believe I "respect" them. If they're good people, they will respect my beliefs and my choice to eat whatever I want. If they choose not to serve the item, I can deal with it or not fly them.

I'm not saying you have to do anything. I'm saying that in most cases I don't mind modifying my own behavior if it increases general goodwill in a given situation. There are certainly limits to what I would do to avoid offending others. Mostly, I made that comment to push back on a statement that was clearly meant to be inflammatory.

Quoting pvjin (Reply 153):
Phobia is an irrational fear, is fear of Islam irrational?

Yes and no. On the one hand, the vast majority of Muslims in the world are peaceful, and it is definitely irrational to fear someone because they wear certain clothing or because they say a prayer before takeoff. On the other hand, in today's world it seems to me that you can find many more people who are willing to use Islam to justify violence than you can find in other major world religions. Just look at the tens of thousands of people from all over the world who were willing to go to Syria to fight for Daesh. So I'd say that you can't generalize the behavior of extremists to the rest of the followers of Islam - that leads to irrational fear of peaceful people. But at the same time you can't completely discount the fact that modern Islam does appear to have a "Jihad problem" that needs to be dealt with.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

747megatop

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Quoting TheFlyingDisk (Reply 142):
As for El Al:

Quote:
Then there is the Sabbath.

As is the case with the rest of its planes, El Al cannot fly its expensive new Boeing jetliners from Friday evening to Saturday night, or on eight other sundown-to-sundown Jewish holidays. The Sabbath restriction was imposed in 1982 when the rightist government of Menachem Begin wrested control of the ailing company from its union. The company was restructured as the designated national carrier, with a pared-down work force and a guaranteed monopoly on international air freight and scheduled passenger flights.

Keeping its fleet grounded on the Sabbath costs the company some $36 million yearly in potential net earnings, according to a study conducted for El Al three years ago by the Boston Consulting Group. That is a make-or-break figure for a company that posted losses of $83 million in 1996 and $4 million in 1997, before turning a profit in 1998 that was estimated at $25 million.

''The Sabbath is more than 24 hours,'' Mr. Ciechanover said in an interview at the company's utilitarian headquarters at Ben Gurion airport. ''Take our flights to New York. We fly overnight Thursday, land early Friday morning and stay there on the ground until late Saturday night. That is 20 percent of our workweek.

''This is a Jewish state,'' he continued, ''and it is understandably important to many people that the designated national carrier be respectful of the Sabbath. But the cost is very high.'' http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/05/bu....html

Sheesh; is that the the best justification/explanation one can come up with? EL AL does yadda yadda & folks don't complain so it is ok to do the same thing!!! EL AL doing something doesn't make it right.

aviationaware

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Frankly El Al is not the perfect comparison. This seems to be hard to grasp for non-jewish people (I frequently encounter a lack of awareness for this phenomenon), but being jewish for many of us is not so much about the religion as it is about a common identity more along the line of a second nationality. This is the baggage we have carried to Israel from Europe after the war. The feeling itself comes from what happened to us in the more recent history, yet what unites us is a common religion so naturally it has made it into everyday life much more than it should have.

Members of other religious heritage can't possibly relate to that, if only because Christians and Muslims are way too many and lack the one defining experience (shoa) to feel this kind of close-knit identity.

mcogator

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Quoting aviationaware (Reply 156):
Being a jew myself I was extremely appalled when I heard about cases of El Al giving in to ultra orthodox jews demanding that women seated next to them be seated elsewhere. I avoid flying El Al at all cost, and that's just judaism, which for all its intolerance on the fringes is peaceful throughout. Now we are talking islamic, and frankly if you think Islam is a peaceful religion you must be completely delusional. Many people practicing it are peaceful, but the religion itself clearly is not.

Unfortunately FBI terrorist statistics from 1980-2005 show that Jewish Extremists committed more terrorist attacks on American soil than Muslim extremists.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...2002-2005/terror02_05#terror_05sum

Or how about Europe?

Quote:
In fact, in the last five years, less than 2 percent of all terrorist attacks in the E.U. have been “religiously motivated.”
In 2013, there were 152 terrorist attacks in the EU. Two of them were “religiously motivated.” In 2012, there were 219 terrorist attacks in EU countries, six of them were “religiously motivated.”
In 2011, not one of the 174 terrorist attacks in EU countries in 2011 were “affiliated or inspired” by terrorist organizations. 2010, 249 terrorist attacks, three of them were considered by Europol to be “Islamist.” In 2009, of 294 terrorist attacks, only one was related to Islamist militancy – though Europol added the caveat, “Islamist terrorists still aim to cause mass casualties.”
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/...3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

mariner

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Not even if the prayer is on the reading of a religious founder that's a historical figure that moved from being a peaceful guy like Jesus to becoming one of the worst slaughterers in human history, whose deeds are still fuelling abhorrent acts every day?

When I was seventeen a Catholic priest told me that I am a sinner damned to hell.

I parted company with God and the church at that moment and I have no positive views of any religion. I am as appalled by extremism, in any religion or doctrine, as anyone, but I have lived and worked all my life among people who do believe, Muslims, Jews, even some Christians, and I owe my life - literally - to a semi-literate black Muslim in Africa, who persuaded some young soldiers not to shoot me.

My life is too full of paradoxes to lay down absolutes.

I come here to talk abut airlines and how we got to this point in a thread about a tin-pot, start-up in Malaysia boggles my mind.

mariner

[Edited 2015-12-22 10:36:10]
aeternum nauta

aviationaware

Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Quoting mcogator (Reply 162):
Unfortunately FBI terrorist statistics from 1980-2005 show that Jewish Extremists committed more terrorist attacks on American soil than Muslim extremists.

It may exceed your mental ability, but the world does not end at the American border.

FSDan

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Out of interest, what constitutes a "terror attack" for the purposes of that graph? I'm surprised "latino" such a major component...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

TheRedBaron

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Quoting FSDan (Reply 165):
I'm surprised "latino" such a major component...

According to Donald Trump Latinos should be banned from the land of the so called "free". We are the Baddies followed of course by the Muslims…

I agree that any religion that makes you do things against others or try to push an agenda of any kind towards other is a recipe for disaster and history has proved that…. most probably that Airline will fly half empty and go under in less than 36 months… good grief !!

TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

jfk787nyc

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Quoting mcogator (Reply 140):

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 139):
It is about racism (and now, let's not make it about racismophobia). I would like to see how most muslim countries would allow a Buddhist compliant airline OR Christian Compliant Airline OR Hindu compliant airline.

Why not a Jewish compliant airline used as comparison? LY is a kosher airline that doesn't fly on the sabath or Jewish holidays and it has flown, but not currently, to a number of Muslim countries. Why do people not complain about LY since it practically follows Judaism? Hence, Islamophobia.

This is absolutely NOT TRUE AT ALL ---- Number 1 there are a huge amount of Arab Muslims flying on EL AL planes.
Israeli Arab citizens do have Israeli passports and do travel on EL AL as regular citizens of Israel.

EL AL flies to various (MUSLIM) cities and allows citizens of every signal Muslim country in the world to fly with them,
EL AL is not a (JEWISH) airline as their pilots are not ORTHODOX Citizens - They do not pray nor are they forced to eat Kosher food, The general population of Israel is NOT KOSHER!

EL AL Cargo Asian base is based in the City of Almaty, Kazakhstan, They travel to Uzbekisten, Azerbijan, Morroco, Egypt, Jordan almost daily. Israeli people are not scared to travel to any ARAB or Muslim city they just need to travel their with a different passport, On the contrary to what most people think, The Israeli Arab population has a hugely profitable situation with the fact that they travel to the arab world freely and conduct back and fourth business selling Israeli products to the middle east.

jfk787nyc

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 137):
The very idea of a sharia compliant airline is as offensive as some group launching - aryan complaint airline OR blacks airline OR hindu airline OR christian airline OR blacks airline and then saying....

Amen. I don't know what it is about liberal people that makes them feel compelled to defend the most extremist right wing ideology on the planet since the demise of nazism.

Ideology, whether you call it religion or not, has no space in the public domain. Period.

I never fly EL AL myself, But women have no problem being moved to a better seat if seated next to a religious person,
EL AL Policy is to ask the women to move but she gets swapped with a Orthodox person from a seat further up on the airplane. Women are not considered second class citizens in the Jewish religion, The reason why an orthodox person does not want to sit next to another women is because he is (TAKEN).

jfk787nyc

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 pm

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...2002-2005/terror02_05#terror_05sum

Or how about Europe?

Quote:
In fact, in the last five years, less than 2 percent of all terrorist attacks in the E.U. have been “religiously motivated.”
In 2013, there were 152 terrorist attacks in the EU. Two of them were “religiously motivated.” In 2012, there were 219 terrorist attacks in EU countries, six of them were “religiously motivated.”
In 2011, not one of the 174 terrorist attacks in EU countries in 2011 were “affiliated or inspired” by terrorist organizations. 2010, 249 terrorist attacks, three of them were considered by Europol to be “Islamist.” In 2009, of 294 terrorist attacks, only one was related to Islamist militancy – though Europol added the caveat, “Islamist terrorists still aim to cause mass casualties.”
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/...3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/

Do you see that this statistic was conducted in 2005 and goes back to 1980 ---- 25 YEARS? Did you even read the paperwork, It indicates 6% of terrorism conducted in the USA was committed by Communists, 42% was committed by Latino Terrorism?????

Jewish (TERRORISM) for some sort of RELIGIOUS reasoning to kill innocent civilians.

It states in the paper you provided that the largest and most common terrorists from 2000-2002 were two organizations called the EARTH LIBERATION FRONT and ANIMAL LIBERATION FRONT, they both committed over 35 acts of (TERROR) in the span of two years and KILLED ZERO PEOPLE.

Go count up on your statistics from the FBI site how many people were killed in 25 years by JEWISH TERRORISTS the answer would equal to less then 15 PEOPLE in 25 YEARS.

mcogator

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:12 am

Quoting aviationaware (Reply 164):
It may exceed your mental ability, but the world does not end at the American border.

Did you really just insult me on that point considering that half of my post consisted of stats from Europe?

Quoting FSDan (Reply 165):
Out of interest, what constitutes a "terror attack" for the purposes of that graph? I'm surprised "latino" such a major component...

From the FBI link:

Quote:
The FBI further describes terrorism as either domestic or international, depending on the origin, base, and objectives of the terrorist organization. For the purpose of this report, the FBI will use the following definitions:

Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.
International terrorism involves violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any state, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or any state. These acts appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of a government by assassination or kidnapping. International terrorist acts occur outside the United States or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to coerce or intimidate, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.

Apparently looks like most took place in Puerto Rico.

Quoting jfk787nyc (Reply 167):
This is absolutely NOT TRUE AT ALL ---- Number 1 there are a huge amount of Arab Muslims flying on EL AL planes.
Israeli Arab citizens do have Israeli passports and do travel on EL AL as regular citizens of Israel.

What is not true? This topic is about a "Sharia style" airline in Malaysia because they keep halal. Non-Muslims are not barred from flying them and non-Muslims can work for them. What is so wrong in saying El Al is a "Jewish style" airline? Post #12 said that he/she was tempted to book a flight on them and eat a bacon sandwich. What would be the reaction if he said that for an LY flight because they keep kosher?

Quoting jfk787nyc (Reply 169):
Do you see that this statistic was conducted in 2005 and goes back to 1980

The first sentence in my post stated those exact dates...

Quoting jfk787nyc (Reply 169):

Go count up on your statistics from the FBI site how many people were killed in 25 years by JEWISH TERRORISTS the answer would equal to less then 15 PEOPLE in 25 YEARS.

Well if you take away 9.11 and OKC, only 33 people died from terrorism in the US in those 25 years. And just a correction, that is only counting deaths in the US by Jewish Terrorism in those years.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

747megatop

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:43 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 163):
how we got to this point in a thread about a tin-pot, start-up in Malaysia boggles my mind.

Now that's a simple one. It is a.net  . Funny that you asked.

777way

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:45 am

Quoting jfk787nyc (Reply 168):
Women are not considered second class citizens in the Jewish religion

Same goes for islam and Chrsitianity.

EL AL flies to various (MUSLIM) cities

None at present, and in the past it was to Amman, Cairo, Tehran, Istanbul, Antalya and Tashkent.

EL AL is not a (JEWISH) airline as their pilots are not ORTHODOX Citizens - They do not pray nor are they forced to eat Kosher food, The general population of Israel is NOT KOSHER!

EL AL Cargo Asian base is based in the City of Almaty, Kazakhstan, They travel to Uzbekisten, Azerbijan, Morroco, Egypt, Jordan almost daily.

Last I followed them two years ago, they were only serving Liege and New York, I think their Asian hub was Hong Kong, as for the former Soviet muslim republics, they are almost non-muslim in nature.

BTW they stopped Pakistan IP's from accessing their website it seems, I can still visit other Israeli sites with .il adresses. Interesting I might have been the only person from the country visiting their website, to check cargo schedule regularly, might have made them paranoid.

The Israeli Arab population has a hugely profitable situation with the fact that they travel to the arab world freely and conduct back and fourth business selling Israeli products to the middle east.

Sounds like you are cooking up tales.

Israeli people are not scared to travel to any ARAB or Muslim city they just need to travel their with a different passport,

Yes hypocricy on Arabs part if the passports read born in Israel, as they send back people with Israeli stamps on their passports at times.

Quoting TheRedBaron (Reply 166):
most probably that Airline will fly half empty and go under in less than 36 months… good grief !!

Malsyisa is majority Muslim incase you didnt know, and for the right price they can have a fan base from all religions.

Anything represting Israel is Jewish, all its Jewish faith identifying people are Jews Kosher or non-Kosher, are pork and booze favouring Muslims not Islamic?

What a lie, muslims are not even supposed to harm trees in a war, the ones who were killed went to war with him not the othe way around.

Clearly you don't know Malaysia as well as you think, or you would know that ultra conservative Islam is gaining more and more traction there every year at an alarming pace. Any other country in the region should brace for impact.

Clearly you are spearding misinformation, thats why people think of it like Afghanistan, as poster said his friend thought it would be that kind of place, I mean Malaysia and Afghanistan, its your types who create such images in others minds. I wouldnt be surprsied if your types just aim to malign anything Islamic even a liberal place like Malaysia, who's your next target Central Asian republics?

Being a jew myself

Ugh, there you go now it all makes sense/

Hey, if someone thinks they need the blessing or help of an imaginary, invisible being, go nuts. I'm sure Christian pilots do it here. But keep it off the PA--thereby respecting everyone's beliefs.

Dosent work that way in Islam, glad religious stuff causes offense to you.

If they're good people, they will respect my beliefs and my choice to eat whatever I want. If they choose not to serve the item, I can deal with it or not fly them.

If you were to visit a religious muslims home they would just not be serving you booze, pork, secular prepped food, and will not pray infront of you, Observant women will not sit around male visitors even if its a married couple visiting, the women will sit elsewhere, be they muslim.

They will say God's name out loud at meal time if in the habit of doing so, usually people just say it very softly or in their hearts only, but specific group prayers arent offered like grace etc. they wont have Quran running on audio or religious shows on TV because thats not done when guests are around.

You as an atheist and also imposing your views on them, hatefully.

[Edited 2015-12-22 19:19:15]

777Jet

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:53 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 163):
I am as appalled by extremism, in any religion or doctrine, as anyone, but I have lived and worked all my life among people who do believe, Muslims, Jews, even some Christians, and I owe my life - literally - to a semi-literate black Muslim in Africa, who persuaded some young soldiers not to shoot me.

Whilst there are good and bad people following all religions, some religions are known for contributing towards social problems and violence more so than others.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

747megatop

Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:07 am

Quoting mcogator (Reply 170):
What is so wrong in saying El Al is a "Jewish style" airline?

Let me make another attempt at saying what is wrong about that with a counter question - What is wrong with a "trump style latinos need not board" airline OR what is wrong with a Aryan White style airline OR what is wrong with a brown Hindu stye airline OR what is wrong with a Black Style airline ? After all promoters of each of these groups can say "we don't really impose everything on anyone & all are welcome"; then why brand it in such a way in the first place? By branding an airline in association with a particular religion or race the promoters are inherently sending out a racist message IMHO. Goes back to the apartheid era south africa that advertised "whites only" cars on trains or whites only toilets in gas stations - http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...th-africa-during-apartheid-2013-12 . The only difference here is that they are saying "others also welcome by the way and we don't really impose on others".

aviationaware

Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:08 am

Did you really just insult me on that point considering that half of my post consisted of stats from Europe?

Sorry man, it's just hard to take someone seriously that obviously lacks the fundamental understanding that most islamic terrorism is directed towards other muslims in islamic countries. Isolated numbers from America or Europe have zero meaning in that respect, that's just a fact.

Post #12 said that he/she was tempted to book a flight on them and eat a bacon sandwich. What would be the reaction if he said that for an LY flight because they keep kosher?

Most jews don't give a damn about that ridiculous medieval pork ban and will even eat a bacon sandwich in temple without further ado. Muslims are much more anal about that in my experience, yet most of them probably won't even be able to tell you the historic rationale behind the pork ban; and those that can won't admit that it's not relevant anymore.

Quoting 777way (Reply 172):
Same goes for islam

Funny they are treated that way in those countries, then.

What a lie, muslims are not even supposed to harm trees in a war, the ones who were killed went to war with him not the othe way around.

I am not discussing historical facts with you. Islam is about emulating Mohammed, Mohammed is a historical figure with a proven track record of being a pedophile slaughterer. Even if you prefer reading the books in the light of the peaceful Mohammed before he succumbed to psychosis, that does not erase the man he became.

I wouldnt be surprsied if your types just aim to malign anything Islamic even a liberal place like Malaysia,

Liberal islam is an oxymoron, there are liberal muslims, but certainly no liberal islam.

mariner

Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:42 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 171):
Now that's a simple one. It is a.net  . Funny that you asked.

I didn't ask. It was a statement, not a question.

Even on the wilder shores of a.net, this thread is out there.

mariner
aeternum nauta

777way

Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:47 am

Quoting aviationaware (Reply 175):

Funny they are treated that way in those countries, then.

Thats coz its backward traditional un-Islamic culture and attitudes they chose to hang onto or revive, do youreally think all started following Islam with love suddenly, bet not, many must have continued with their backward traditional attitudes while being muslim in name.

Liberal islam is an oxymoron, there are liberal muslims, but certainly no liberal islam.

No one said Islam is liberal, I said Malaysia is a liberal Muslim country, liberal Islamic country, not liberal Islam.

Mohammed is a historical figure with a proven track record of being a pedophile slaughterer. Even if you prefer reading the books in the light of the peaceful Mohammed before he succumbed to psychosis, that does not erase the man he became.

Well then we must be infidels, no one is marrying minors, which was the norm in those times as was having dozens of wives and sex with captured slaves.

And who wrote those books? whats the source of infrmation, how come we muslims arent getting this info and everyone on TV is talking love and peace and looking so at peace, telling us to do good, to forgive, to care, to respect.

lightsaber

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:04 am

Moderators are unable to keep up with the delete suggestions in this thread.
Archiving.
Winter is coming.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos