Wishing you all Safe Travels, Happy Landings, Health and Happiness throughout 2016.
I hoped to have more time to do a recap of 2015, but very busy with the holidays and have an early flight tomorrow morning, I hope you understand.
Photo © Sam Pollitt
I will start with "Yakamoz"'s post from the last thread:
- Onur Air took delivery of 2 A332. Registration TC-OCG and TC-OCH. Onur took also A320 TC-FBJ of Freebird. New registration TC-ODB.
- Atlasjet took delivery of TC-AGU A320, ex Metrojet aircraft.
- Borajet with new Embraer 195 TC-YAU. But one exit too: TC-YAK went as PH-IAM.
- Pegasus new bird TC-CPZ B738. Next follows soon.
- Old B737-700 of Anadolujet, TC-SAO, went to Gol Linhas Aereas as PR-GEJ. Another one TC-SAP is in redelivery.
Turkish Airlines ends this year with plus 38 aircraft, next year 43 follows. According to TK entry-exit file, next year 12 B738 go to Anadolujet.
-Continuing with the fleet numbers; this was the official statement exactly a year ago from TK: "TK's 2015 goals:
214 single aisle, 68 wide body, 11 Cargo for a total of 293 aircraft at the end of 2015. Also 25.9M domestic, 36M int. pax for a total of 63M pax in 2015." I guess TK did pretty good. A few more planes than planned, few less pax but not by a huge margin.
-Snow is affecting air travel in Istanbul. This guys says, they have been stuck inside a plane for 3 hours at SAW:
More pics of IST:
Also they are reporting that TK handed out 1250 hotel vouchers and fed 5000 pax so far where ove 200 of its flights cancelled.
Please continue with your news/photos/pictures/rumors/ideas/experiences and good old sense of humor.
Please, please refrain from personal attacks and political mumbo jumbo.
Thanks for all your input over the years.
Just for giggles, check out our thread from January 2007, WoW!!!
Turkish Aviation January 2007 (by TK787 Jan 16 2007 in Civil Aviation)