Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ua900

RE: ORD Terminal 5 Operations

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:48 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 99):
UA has an FIS in Terminal C.

That's true but unlike ORD B/C for example LH doesn't fly out of EWR C gates, so B becomes a quasi int'l terminal for all the *A carriers save for UA.
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUA | IAH | LAX | LIM | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SAL | SCL | SFO | TXL

ORD Boy 2

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Interesting to see this pop up this morning on Crain's (subscription may be needed)
Article title - City floats $1 billion plan for final new runway at O'Hare..
I would think FIS and gates have to be discussed.
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...tm_campaign=ccb-morning10-20160108

compensateme

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 97):
No point to continue a mature adult debate with someone who uses this nonstop.

Except you're not having a mature adult debate. You made several assumptions without any factual basis and when I casted doubt on them, you started playing verbal jousting and attacking.

You claimed that only a "small portion" of consumers transfer between T1 & T2, maintained that UAX is a "small subset" and "limited" at ORD and insisted that the "vast majority" of passengers stayed within T1. I responded by pointing out that UAX - having operated about half of UA's physical seats at ORD this decade - is hardly a small subset and stated that there was a "fairly larger number" of passengers making the transfer, a "higher percentage" than what you believe. You responded by playing a verbal jousting game -- insisting that the % of seats operated by UAX is closer to 45% and demanding I prove that more than half of UA passengers transferred from T1 & T2.

I made no such claim. I merely pointed out that your original assertion that only a "small portion" is false -- given that about half the seats this decade have been operated by UAX, and the local market disproportionately flies mainline equipment & UAX flights within T1 (since UA historically keeps local market heavy destinations with T1), it's statistically improbable. Yet you continued a verbal jousting game.

You then insisted the transfer was no big deal because the vast majority of UA's passengers are road warriors, which again is a false statement. While the majority of revenues are from road warriors, the majority of passengers are not. AA just stated that nearly 90% of its passengers flew on it just once in the year. While the spread is going to be different at a UA hub in ORD, I can guarantee you that the majority of its passengers are not road warriors.

I'm sorry that you're such a fanboy of UA that you can't get past its shortcomings. UA is my former employer and I was very proud with what we achieved there, but I long recognized that the T2 mess (again, it wasn't until recent that UA cleaned up the terminal) was turning passengers away. And for the record, I knew what the % was during the time period I worked there (and I doubt it's changed significantly) but a) it's proprietary and b) even if I shared it, you would still attack it. Hence why I walked you through a logical argument, which you couldn't handle.
We don’t care what your next flight is.

Cubsrule

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Quoting ua900 (Reply 98):
Check out the AA area once you're past UAX while you're at it, and B/C will seem modern and spacious by comparison

AA is sort of the inverse of UA. G is nicer than Terminal 2, but B/C are nicer than H/K.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

compensateme

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Quoting ORD Boy 2 (Reply 101):

Why? There's no reason to believe at this point either AA or UA would be interested in absorbing the cost of adding a FIS in their respective terminals, which would cost hundreds of millions to build and millions annually to operate.

jfk777

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Quoting compensateme (Reply 104):
Why? There's no reason to believe at this point either AA or UA would be interested in absorbing the cost of adding a FIS in their respective terminals, which would cost hundreds of millions to build and millions annually to operate.

At some point it will happen. That is like saying AA should have never done the A-D thing in Miami or Terminal E in DFW or UA should have not done Terminal C FIS at Newark.

jcwr56

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Quoting compensateme (Reply 104):

Quoting ORD Boy 2 (Reply 101):

And might not even be staffed to begin with by CBP, Immigration or Agriculture. Sure there's always a possibility they could invest, but what's the ROI timeline.

compensateme

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 105):

At some point it will happen. That is like saying AA should have never done the A-D thing in Miami or Terminal E in DFW or UA should have not done Terminal C FIS at Newark.

No, it's not.

-- ORD will not be a large growth center internationally for AA or UA going forward;
-- Pre-Clearance is expanding globally;
-- The logistics of building a FIS for AA and/or UA will likely push the cost beyond 1B.

I can't perceive either UA or AA willing to absorb the cost.

AmricanShamrok

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Quoting ua900 (Reply 98):
AmricanShamrok, great job with ORD, could you do TBIT next?

Thanks. Unfortunately I am not familiar with LAX; I've never been there but am a (relatively) frequent visitor to ORD which helps me fill in blanks with info I can't get online.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos