Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

marosbts
Topic Author

RE: MyAustrian To Become Austrian Again

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Finally, the pictures are in. OE-LDG left Bratislava yesterday and the "my" has been missing on it. Looks much better.

Images

OE-LDG - without my
http://slovakaviation.sk/photos/civi...austrian-airlines-a319-oe-ldg-3590

for comparison - previously painted A319 OE-LDE with my
http://slovakaviation.sk/photos/civi...austrian-airlines-a319-oe-lde-3587

LTU932

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Looks much better. I am sceptical about the "Servus" on the belly though.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

marosbts
Topic Author

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm

The Servus was originally written in white on red background on the belly. But on recent planes it is just reg font on the white belly. Not sure which I liked more, but it seems that the livery is work in progress. Perhaps they straighten the red-white-red on the tail and we will finally have a nice livery

LGAviation

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 51):
Looks much better. I am sceptical about the "Servus" on the belly though.

Yesterday I still saw their myAustrian signs at HAM and was reminded of the issue. I like their planes and logos without the my way better, but that Servus down there absolutely does not belong on a plane
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

bluesky73

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 pm

It's but still looks bland but totally agree better with the absence of my. It needs a belly or half curve belly that is not red (in my opinion). I would like to see an IndiGo'esque dark grey or LH grey curved belly, to break that white up, too Swiss.

I think overall this has been a very poor and quite badly managed rebrand, the one bonus, someone is listening and smelt some of the coffee but does seem a waste of money unless all these aircraft were due repaint?

Also isn't the black two headed eagle (Adler) a emblem of Austria or is it just Vienna?

A332DTW

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Nicely cleaned up. Well done!

Aeroflot777

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 51):
I am sceptical about the "Servus" on the belly though.
Quoting LGAviation (Reply 53):
but that Servus down there absolutely does not belong on a plane

Why? I think it's an awesome part of the new livery. Makes it very Austrian.

I say "Servus" plenty of times a day locally. Went to Germany a few weeks ago to visit a friend and was on auto-pilot greeting people with that phrase and got some looks naturally. I think it's a great touch that spices up the livery with a local tidbit.

LTU932

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 56):

I say "Servus" plenty of times a day locally. Went to Germany a few weeks ago to visit a friend and was on auto-pilot greeting people with that phrase and got some looks naturally. I think it's a great touch that spices up the livery with a local tidbit.

I have no problems with that either, and even as Northern German I do say "Servus" on rare occasions. I'm just not sure if that's something that belongs on the belly of an aircraft.  
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Aeroflot777

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 57):
I'm just not sure if that's something that belongs on the belly of an aircraft.  

Right, but why not?

LGAviation

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 57):

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 56):

I have no problems with that either, and even as Northern German I do say "Servus" on rare occasions. I'm just not sure if that's something that belongs on the belly of an aircraft.  

Commuting between Frankfurt and Hamburg, I get to notice the Servus-Moin divide on so many occasions, but I simply think that it neither looks in any way appealing nor that the message is understood. Anyways, aside from some aviation geeks and spotters who know anyways, who is a belly-livery made for?
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos