Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Megatop747-412

RE: New Zealand Aviation Thread Part 170

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 44):

Quoting gasman (Reply 43):
Well I think it's an very clever idea.

So do I - but it is all speculation until it is announced.

Add me to it too, which seemed like a very good idea. But yes until it is announced this is still purely speculation.

When we were living in Wellington we were one of those travellers who would do WLG-SIN, more often than not transiting through AKL but occasionally via CHC. For years we've been longing for a direct WLG-SIN service, and we've heard many times that Wellington Airport has been courting SIA, especially when it was announced years ago that/when SIA first ordered the Boeing 787 Dreamliners (before they made the decision to use the 787-8 and 787-9 for Scoot). I'm still excited by the fact that SIA is looking at doing a direct flight to SIN from WLG, albeit via CBR, althoguh we've moved up North...

And why would WLG-CBR-SIN on SQ all the way be any different from say, WLG-AKL-SIN or WLG-SYD/BNE/MEL-SIN using different airlines...? Well, the difference, to me, is that you get to fly on a widebody jet all the way to SIN, and that sure beats having to sit in a narrowboby plane (i.e. A320 or B737) for the Trans Tasman section. WLG-AKL on an A320 ot 737 is bearable, but I find Trans Tasman on an A320 or B737 very uncomfortable. We've just recently did AKL-MEL-SIN, outbound on JQ - A320 AKL-MEL and 787-8 MEL-AKL, return via QF SIN-MEL on an A330 and MEL-AKL on JetConnect's B738. Both the Trans Tasman flight was bordering on torture for us.

Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts...

Zkpilot

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Quoting NZ107 (Reply 36):
I'd do it once for the short field takeoff from WLG

I've been on a QF A330 doing a TOGA power rated takeoff out of SYD-PER with a light load onboard (and light fuel load seeing it was only to PER)... Shot up like a rocket! Did it from the jumpseat on the flight deck too.  
WLG wouldn't need that setting but will still be a high power setting with a light fuel load.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

wstakl

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:42 am

Quoting gasman (Reply 43):
and AKL is a cumbersome place to make a domestic to international transfer.

Yeah.....I mean following that clearly marked green line is super difficult.

Zkpilot

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 am

In other news Air NZ hit a record share price today of $3.02 valuing it at $3.38B
Oil prices are now predicted to fall a further 16% this year so since fuel typically makes up around 1/4 of airline costs you could expect a further 4% gain in the share price from that alone (in theory).
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

Kiwirob

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 am

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 53):
In other news Air NZ hit a record share price today of $3.02 valuing it at $3.38B

I keep on kicking myself for not buying shares when they were .22 cents after the Ansett collapse.

SelandiaBaru

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:37 am

Quoting WSTAKL (Reply 52):

Yeah.....I mean following that clearly marked green line is super difficult.

Actually in wind and rain with luggage it can be. I've found the bus sometimes unreliable.

It' all very tinpot.

Motorhussy

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:08 am

Quoting SelandiaBaru (Reply 55):
Actually in wind and rain with luggage it can be. I've found the bus sometimes unreliable

Especially when compared to an international transfer under the same roof as you get in CHC… and WLG.
come visit the south pacific

PA515

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 am

ZK-MCA went CHC-BNE-TSV today. No doubt the same crew will return with ZK-MVO tomorrow.

Regarding the domestic security review due to be completed in the first quarter of 2016.

If the security screening threshold of aircraft seating 90 seats or more is lowered, then IVC which doesn't presently have security screening for 50 seat Q300's and 68 seat ATR's, would get it anyway removing an advantage of Q300 / ATR use over the 320.

Using a 320 to IVC would mean IVC pax not needing to travel to ZQN or DUD for cheaper fares to AKL, so pax numbers ex IVC should increase. At least one extra 320 would be required.

PA515

keen2fly

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:58 am

Quoting motorhussy (Reply 56):
Especially when compared to an international transfer under the same roof as you get in CHC… and WLG.

Just because walking to the international terminal (in good weather) or catching the bus isn't exactly difficult, it is a hassle, especially considering it is our largest and most interconnected airport. Some sort of light rail link between the two terminals would be a good idea, but then I remember the masterplan is just around the corner so there's not long to wait before they will be under one roof after all  

aerokiwi

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 54):
I keep on kicking myself for not buying shares when they were .22 cents after the Ansett collapse.

17.5 cents, I think was the lowest. But there have been share splits and reissuing since then. Overall, still a terrible sector to invest in.

Quoting SelandiaBaru (Reply 55):
It' all very tinpot.
Quoting keen2fly (Reply 58):
Just because walking to the international terminal (in good weather) or catching the bus isn't exactly difficult, it is a hassle,

Well hrmmm. A free inter-terminal bus. A ten minute (admittedly outdoor) walk. Or go via CHC or MEL for same roof. Even Sydney and Brisbane are pretty straightforward - both Virgin and Qantas offer a relatively hassle free bus transfer in SYD and BNE has a $5 train connection, which is the most absurd, really.

So no, AKL isn't ideal and they should have combined the terminals by now. But really, it's not unbearably difficult.

We do get a little precious sometimes and seem to forget that a lot of kiwis live in very very small cities that barely warrant city status in most countries, but already are fairly well connected to our immediate neighborhood. It does soeta reinforce the small-city syndrome a little.

SelandiaBaru

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:48 pm

Quoting aerokiwi (Reply 59):
We do get a little precious sometimes and seem to forget that a lot of kiwis live in very very small cities that barely warrant city status in most countries, but already are fairly well connected to our immediate neighborhood. It does soeta reinforce the small-city syndrome a little.

Well connected to our immediate neighbourhood?

AKL is the major gateway of a city of 1.5 million serving on many routes a 4.5 million base. TBH I sometimes quite enjoy the walk between the terminals, when I have plenty of time and not too much luggage - and it's not raining. I find the bus laughable at times because on many occasions it doesn't seem to follow anything resembling a regular 15 minute schedule.

I come from small-city NZ but haven't lived in NZ for 8 years (but I'm a regular visitor), not sure I get the point.

keen2fly

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:18 pm

seem to forget that a lot of kiwis live in very very small cities that barely warrant city status in most countries

I assure you I haven't forgotten, I spend most of my time in Palmerston North... The point I'm making is that our main air transport hub is severely behind on what it could be, and basically suffers from the same problems that Auckland itself suffers, albeit on a much smaller scale. Auckland, and Auckland airport could and should lead by example, but they won't and don't, is the reality of it.

Gasman

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Quoting keen2fly (Reply 61):
I assure you I haven't forgotten, I spend most of my time in Palmerston North... The point I'm making is that our main air transport hub is severely behind on what it could be, and basically suffers from the same problems that Auckland itself suffers, albeit on a much smaller scale. Auckland, and Auckland airport could and should lead by example, but they won't and don't, is the reality of it.

Which was the point of me mentioning Auckland's inadequacies as a domestic-international transfer hub. Most International airports manage the process much more seamlessly (SYD I think would be a notable exception). And in the context of a WLG passenger aiming for SIN - starting on SQ out of WLG with a brief stop in CBR would be far preferable to flying NZ to AKL then doing the whole domestic to international transfer. For reasons of timing, as well as hassle.

aerokiwi

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Quoting SelandiaBaru (Reply 60):
Well connected to our immediate neighbourhood?

Yeah. Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, seasonals to the Pacific Islands. Better than Canberra, a larger (catchment area) and wealthier city.

Quoting SelandiaBaru (Reply 60):
I come from small-city NZ but haven't lived in NZ for 8 years (but I'm a regular visitor), not sure I get the point.

The point is that for a city the size and location of Wellington, international services from WLG aren't actually that bad, enabled by an excellent domestic network.

Quoting keen2fly (Reply 61):
Auckland, and Auckland airport could and should lead by example, but they won't and don't, is the reality of it.

Oh I agree AIAL are behind the ball and it's less than ideal. Maybe an SQ service to WLG will give them a kick in the bum to finally integrate the domestic and international terminals. But outdoor connections aren't that uncommon - LAX, SYD, BNE, PER. Actually I find BNE the most obnoxious because of the lack of alternative option between their terminals over the trian - what is it, a 2km walk on a ratty footpath? And I always found the terminal transfer bus at AKL pretty good.

Another point - CBR will have some pretty bare bones facilities for transiting pax. If the stopover is of any length, it's not going to be the most, erm, stimulating environment. I learnt this the hard way when JQ operated its DRW scissor hub - without a large scale international operaiton these facilities are very basic. Bring a book. And a snack.

QF175

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 am

Quoting aerokiwi (Reply 63):
But outdoor connections aren't that uncommon - LAX, SYD, BNE, PER. Actually I find BNE the most obnoxious because of the lack of alternative option between their terminals over the trian - what is it, a 2km walk on a ratty footpath? And I always found the terminal transfer bus at AKL pretty good.

Brisbane Airport actually offers a complimentary bus service between the International and Domestic terminals. The service runs every 10 minutes and also travels to the Skygate shopping and hotel precinct. So in terms of terminal transfers it isn't just restricted to the train, taxi and walking.

aerokiwi

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:31 am

Quoting QF175 (Reply 64):
Brisbane Airport actually offers a complimentary bus service between the International and Domestic terminals. The service runs every 10 minutes and also travels to the Skygate shopping and hotel precinct. So in terms of terminal transfers it isn't just restricted to the train, taxi and walking.

Oh boom, I didn't know this. Thanks. I last transferred there about 3 years ago. Is this something introduced in the meantime or has it always been there and I've been too much of a dolt to notice it?

HLZCPH

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:43 am

I see NZ289 to Shanghai headed out this morning rather than the usual time (midnight-ish) and is scheduled to do so again tomorrow. Why the time change?

QF108

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 am

QF28 VH-OJU made a stop in Christchurch today Im guessing due to storms in Sydney. Got a pleasant shock to see it inbound to runway 02
Blessed are the Cheesemakers !

taieridrome

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:58 am

Re QF28. Just noticed this on Flightradar, now on its way to SYD. Has possibly encountered substantial head winds over the Southern Ocean and more to come hence a fuel top up in CHC. Was only on the ground for a half hour or so.

ZKOJH

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:47 am

"Rivalry grows for Air NZ's flights across Tasman"

Air New Zealand faces increased competition on hotly contested transtasman routes as cheap fuel costs encourage airlines
to add capacity and new routes, and dust off older, less efficient planes, helping to drive down fares.

AirAsia is to start flying from Auckland to Kuala Lumpur via Australia's Gold Coast from March 22.
Its introductory $99 fare between Auckland and the Gold Coast has sold out for March 22 and is selling fast on other days
they're available, the AirAsia website shows.

The cheapest Air New Zealand flight on that route for March 22 is currently $242, according to the Webjet website.

The transtasman market is the most competitive for Air New Zealand, and rivalry is increasing,
with reports its Star Alliance partner Singapore Airlines is to begin direct flights between Canberra and Wellington and
indications it is unlikely to code-share with the national carrier on that leg.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ticle.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11573701
Air New Zealand ~ dreams of flying

zkncj

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:58 am

Quoting ZKOJH (Reply 69):
The cheapest Air New Zealand flight on that route for March 22 is currently $242, according to the Webjet website.

Classic NZ Herald, using Webjet to search fares. Wouldn't they be smart enough to at-least try the airline website?

Don't think Air Asia will have to much of an impact, don't think there here for the long term. They are only doing the route to try save OOL-KUL, it was doing well they wouldn't need to extend it to AKL.

SelandiaBaru

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:12 am

The point is that for a city the size and location of Wellington, international services from WLG aren't actually that bad, enabled by an excellent domestic network.

Oh for sure. WLG is a great airport, I really hope this SQ service come to fruition. But I think it's a bit of longshot having a such a relatively small population base in a relatively small country.

aerorobnz

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:05 am

Quoting HLZCPH (Reply 66):

I see NZ289 to Shanghai headed out this morning rather than the usual time (midnight-ish) and is scheduled to do so again tomorrow. Why the time change?

NZH is still AOG in NAN since 12th. Thus a knock on effect to the 787 fleet. Retimed to await the first inbound 787 arrival
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

mariner

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Quoting ZKOJH (Reply 69):
Air New Zealand faces increased competition on hotly contested transtasman routes as cheap fuel costs encourage airlines
to add capacity and new routes, and dust off older, less efficient planes, helping to drive down fares.

It's a one-eyed view of the competition. Isn't the arrival of AirAsiaX going to affect Jetstar and Virgin Australia as well?

mariner
aeternum nauta

zkncj

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 73):
It's a one-eyed view of the competition. Isn't the arrival of AirAsiaX going to affect Jetstar and Virgin Australia as well?

Agreed - and will probably effect the 'Jetstar' type more than the 'Air New Zealand', if anything its an gift to NZ as they don't have to worry about carry the low-yeild type.

kiwiandrew

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Being lazy here, but we all know how rubbish the search function is on this site.....for the 787s due to arrive in the second half of this calendar year, does anyone know the approximate months they are expected ?

Gasman

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:36 pm

Quoting zkncj (Reply 74):
Agreed - and will probably effect the 'Jetstar' type more than the 'Air New Zealand', if anything its an gift to NZ as they don't have to worry about carry the low-yeild type.

I'm not sure NZ ever saw the low yield type as some sort of cross they had to bear. They have specifically marketed themselves and downgraded their product to target it.

mariner

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Quoting gasman (Reply 76):
I'm not sure NZ ever saw the low yield type as some sort of cross they had to bear.

I hope not.

People sneer at that market but some of the most profitable airlines in the world - in terms of margins - thrive on that sector.

mariner
aeternum nauta

HLZCPH

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 72):

Quoting HLZCPH (Reply 66):

NZH is still AOG in NAN since 12th. Thus a knock on effect to the 787 fleet. Retimed to await the first inbound 787 arrival

Cheers, thanks Rob.

georgiabill

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm

I know JNB is on NZ'S fans radar for service by NZ. Could the 77W operate AKL- JNB non stop without a huge payload penalty? If so, should NZ consider topping off their 77W fleet while Boeing is trying to fill production slots prior to launch of their 778 and 779 airliners?
Just a thought if JNB might have a payload penalty on AKL-JNB-AKL should NZ consider a AKL-CPT-JNB-CPT-AKL routing for the 77W?

Your thoughts?

zkncj

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Quoting georgiabill (Reply 79):
Just a thought if JNB might have a payload penalty on AKL-JNB-AKL should NZ consider a AKL-CPT-JNB-CPT-AKL routing for the 77W?

NZ's 77W only take 332 passengers, which can change an little bit depending on SkyCouch Configurations sold. Where as there are lines like EK/AF/AC that can have around 430-450 seats on there 77Ws.

Has been long rumoured that NZ was looking for an extra 2x 77W in the near future.

sunrisevalley

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 75):
.....for the 787s due to arrive in the second half of this calendar year, does anyone know the approximate months they are expected ?

I believe July, September and November

Jetstar315

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm

In reply to Kiwiandrew, the current delivery dates are:

ZK-NZI Line no. 456 15July 16
ZK-NZJ Line no. 468 16 August 16
ZK-NZK Line no. 490 21 October 16
ZK-NZL due October 17
and the last 2 in Late 2017 and late 2018.
Registrations have not been announced for these 2 but I suspect NZ-NZM and ZK-NZN as these are still vacant on the NZ Register.

sunrisevalley

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 72):
NZH is still AOG in NAN since 12th.

do you know the reason ? Apparently it turned back during the climb out from NAN.

DeltaB717

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Quoting QF108 (Reply 67):
QF28 VH-OJU made a stop in Christchurch today Im guessing due to storms in Sydney. Got a pleasant shock to see it inbound to runway 02
Quoting taieridrome (Reply 68):
Re QF28. Just noticed this on Flightradar, now on its way to SYD. Has possibly encountered substantial head winds over the Southern Ocean and more to come hence a fuel top up in CHC. Was only on the ground for a half hour or so.

SYD had a thunderstorm pass through yesterday afternoon with a lot of aircraft holding and a small number of diversions (FedEx MD11 to BNE, UPS MD11 the same I believe and a MEL-SYD QF flight diverted to CBR). QF64 flew a holding pattern over the Southern Highlands for a good half hour as well.

kiwiandrew

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Quoting sunrisevalley (Reply 81):
I believe July, September and November
Quoting Jetstar315 (Reply 82):
In reply to Kiwiandrew, the current delivery dates are:

ZK-NZI Line no. 456 15July 16
ZK-NZJ Line no. 468 16 August 16
ZK-NZK Line no. 490 21 October 16
ZK-NZL due October 17
and the last 2 in Late 2017 and late 2018.
Registrations have not been announced for these 2 but I suspect NZ-NZM and ZK-NZN as these are still vacant on the NZ Register.

Thanks gents. It will be interesting to see the schedules towards the end of the year.

aklrno

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:43 pm

But outdoor connections aren't that uncommon - LAX, SYD, BNE, PER

It rarely rains at LAX, not so rare in Auckland. Also the outdoor uncovered walks are fairly short. Maybe 5 minutes from WN to UA is about the longest I've had.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 am

Security screeners may strike over proposed reduction in total remuneration.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation.../airport-security-staff-may-strike

Quote:
Airport security staff are considering a nationwide strike after being told they are losing an allowance worth $2100 a year.

Interesting article. I know many here will likely complain that they don't get such an allowance so these people should just harden up. I think it's a valid thing to fight over especially if it means you have to own and maintain a car that you primarily use for work purposes. Especially in places like Wellington where you can live without a car. And if you're annoyed at this perhaps you should think about unionising and fighting for the same benefits.

[Edited 2016-01-14 17:19:28]

aerorobnz

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:20 am

Quoting sunrisevalley (Reply 83):
do you know the reason ? Apparently it turned back during the climb out from NAN.

Yes, it was flap related. Not sure if actual defect with flap or sensor/indication related
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

NZ1
Head Moderator

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:23 am

Quoting aerorobnz (Reply 88):

Quoting sunrisevalley (Reply 83):

Yes, it was flap related. Not sure if actual defect with flap or sensor/indication related

It was a leading edge slat sensor defect.

NZ1
--
NZ1
Head Forum Moderator

sunrisevalley

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Quoting NZ1 (Reply 89):
It was a leading edge slat sensor defect.

I can't see on Flightaware or Flightradar24 that -NZH has moved from NAN. Presumably there is a delay in getting/fitting the part. Coming up four days...

Kiwirob

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Quoting ZaphodHarkonnen (Reply 87):
Security screeners may strike over proposed reduction in total remuneration.

Let them walk and hire a company like Securitas to do the job. I think the staff are being a bit precious, travel allowances are a thing of the past.

747m8te

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Quoting aerokiwi (Reply 65):
Oh boom, I didn't know this. Thanks. I last transferred there about 3 years ago. Is this something introduced in the meantime or has it always been there and I've been too much of a dolt to notice it?

The bus has always been there, but previously you had to pay (unless you were connecting onto/from and Qantas or Virgin flight). However about 18 months ago they dropped the charge and is now a free service connecting the terminals...as it should be! LOL

It runs every 10min and stops at both the Qantas and Virgin sides of the domestic terminal, at international, it drops off pax on level four departures, and picks up pax on level two arrivals to go to domestic.

So no, AKL isn't ideal and they should have combined the terminals by now. But really, it's not unbearably difficult.

I have never found the transit difficult either. I never bother with the bus in AKL, it isn't as reliable or doesn't seem to follow a schedule when I have been there lol. I actually don't mind the walk, you follow the line, it is a bit random but easy enough to do and doesn't take long (as long as the weather is good), so I have never found transiting in AKL a hassle (I also don't have a problem transiting in SYD....people make a bigger deal out of both of these cities then it is). The problem for me is the domestic AKL terminal itself, you have this nice modern international terminal...then you get to domestic which is a major disappointment, over the years it has had renovations and add-ons but it is just an awkward mess, cramped and overcrowded at times....a bit like DRW or how MEL feels as a complex....they just need to start again! AKL has the space, would be nice to see them add domestic piers to the international terminal...rather than just continuing spending money to renovate the old domestic.
Flown on:
DHC8Q200,DHC8Q300,DHC8Q400, EMB145,E170,E175,E190, A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A380, MD80, B712,B733,B734,B737,B738,B743,B744,B744ER,B762,B763,B77W

SelandiaBaru

Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Quoting 747m8te (Reply 92):
The problem for me is the domestic AKL terminal itself, you have this nice modern international terminal...then you get to domestic which is a major disappointment, over the years it has had renovations and add-ons but it is just an awkward mess, cramped and overcrowded at times

Agreed, domestic is a shambles, but while parts of international are more modern I would level much of the same criticisms against it. Arriving or departing from Gate 16 and 17 is weird. At least there is nice view though.

zkncj

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Quoting 747m8te (Reply 92):
The problem for me is the domestic AKL terminal itself, you have this nice modern international terminal...then you get to domestic which is a major disappointment, over the years it has had renovations and add-ons but it is just an awkward mess, cramped and overcrowded at times....a bit

As an Auckland based frequent flyer, I find the Domestic Terminal fine. Theres not many airports you can go from your A320 to you car within a couple minutes after the door opening.

As an frequent flyer it has everything you need for an quick domestic trips, it even has two Air New Zealand Lounges which are fine for an quick 30minute stop at the airport.

Wellington Domestic is the worst setup, as the Lounge is before security screening. As the airport still has the temporary setup from September 2001. At least AKL has improved on its screening points over the past couple of years.

zkncj

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Anyone know why there was an VA 738 at Domestic in AKL this morning?

aerorobnz

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:00 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 95):
Anyone know why there was an VA 738 at Domestic in AKL this morning?

It diverted from ZQN last night, It had to depart from domestic due customs requirements

zkncj

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:28 am

Looks like there was an QF 332 on AKL-SYD this afternoon as QF6052, extra flight?

aerorobnz

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:22 am

Quoting zkncj (Reply 97):

LA801/800 xxld so they chartered a 332

ZKOJH

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:27 am

NZ - Changes starting to show for Winter 2016/17 already;

"Perth Operational Aircraft Adjustment from Sep 2016"

Air New Zealand starting mid-September 2016 is revising planned operational aircraft for Auckland – Perth route,
as all 10 weekly flights will be exclusively operated by Boeing 787-9 aircraft.

The 3 weekly NZ177/178 service will operate from 15SEP16, after short hiatus between 02MAY16 and 14SEP16.

http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/15/nz-per-sep16/

NS16 Los Angeles Operations as of 15JAN16

Air New Zealand in Northern summer 2016 season is revising planned operation on Auckland – Los Angeles route,
operating up to 14 weekly flights with Boeing 777-300ER service,

the airline operated 17 weekly flights in Northern summer 2015, however the 3 weekly frequency is being moved to
Houston, with a total of 5 weekly flights .

http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/15/nz-lax-s16/
Air New Zealand ~ dreams of flying

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos