Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FATFlyer

RE: G4 Planning "big" Announcement Tomorrow, 1/12

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 50):
Is Baltimore considered a leisure/vacation destination?

More like DC is the vacation destination with families showing their kids the Nation's Capital. BWI gives Allegiant the airport it thinks works best for its operation to serve Washington.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

RJNUT

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:17 pm

[

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 49):
Like Southwest?

Kayak.com displays Allegiant flights and base fares. When you select the flight, Kayak sends you to allegiant.com for booking. But Southwest flights do not show in Kayak at all.

I did not know they show on Kayak. com. but SW is in the SAbre and Apollo/AMadeus GDS and at least visible even though preference is to book on their website. my pint is CVG-BWI does not drive enough package(if any) business to create enough Kayak searches. the interest is these new type flights garner interest from more than just the family vacation travelers! some business people may want that nonstop and it is not visible thru their corporate travel portal, that's the point I am trying to make. The airline that seems to have mastered this is Sunwing(Canada). You can book packages galore on their website but if interested in their flight only you can book thru normal channels

Deltran757

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Quoting joeljack (Reply 44):

With more 319s and 320s coming aboard. I also expect more SAN routes to be announced in the coming months or year. Hopefully they can start flying international. But hey, what they are doing now, i can hold off on that announcement for now. I wish OAK can get some additional love also.
To see the world... One plane at a time

SANFan

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:06 pm

El Paso to SAN supposedly was previously operated by WN. Flightglobal says WN ended it in 2013

Yes, WN served the market for years (decades?) but only once daily for the last few years before the route was cut in the fall of 2013. There is definitely traffic between the 2 cities (51 PDEW in 2Q15) but I would guess a lot of it is military and other government/business travel so I'm just not sure twice weekly will work. I had hoped that AS would start the route using a small jet on a daily basis...

Stockton to SAN will be interesting. Allegiant has tried SCK to both LGB and PSP but dropped them after a short time. Hopefully SAN will be the Southern California destination that works from SCK

Agreed. This is another route that I pictured AS/QX serving successfully sooner or later; much like their SAN-STS route that has done quite well. Unfortunately, I again feel that 2x weekly service on large G4 a/c might fail, like Allegiant's short-lived SAN-MRY route of a few years ago. (That AS/QX has subsequently made a success using daily Q400 equipment.)

But, as I said before, I'm very happy to see G4 giving SAN another try. It does seem that our city should be a popular destination for the carrier but it sure hasn't seemed to work out that way.

bb

AAtakeMeAway

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Quoting SANFan (Reply 54):
Yes, WN served the market for years (decades?)

Started in the early 90's.

ERJ170

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:43 pm

What? So no RDU routes? No MSY or SAV or JAX? Good grief.. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Aiming High and going far..

CIDFlyer

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 42):
Destin-Fort Walton Beach

We were thinking about this not all that long ago on another thread, with the same idea of Midwest-Panhandle routes. If these two routes are successful, I could see a few more in 2017.

Also of note: G4 is using VPS for their Florida panhandle airport, not ECP or PNS.

excited to see G4 exapnding to the panhandle. Hoping these flights are successful and we can see some more expansion. I love this part of Florida. VPS is pretty centrally located too to serve Pensacola/Panama City as well

FATFlyer

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:33 am

Quoting CIDFlyer (Reply 56):

excited to see G4 exapnding to the panhandle. Hoping these flights are successful and we can see some more expansion. I love this part of Florida. VPS is pretty centrally located too to serve Pensacola/Panama City as well

Allegiant announced today (only 1 week after the initial announcement) that due to strong bookings, CVG-VPS will increase from the original 2X per week to 3X per week during the summer months.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/mone...lights-florida-panhandle/79138712/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

CIDFlyer

Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:47 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 57):
Allegiant announced today (only 1 week after the initial announcement) that due to strong bookings, CVG-VPS will increase from the original 2X per week to 3X per week during the summer months.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/mone...lights-florida-panhandle/79138712/

definitely bodes well for VPS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos