Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bhmdiversion
Topic Author

Republic Shutting Down DEN?

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:49 am

I read an article about this but couldn't find a thread on it...

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...ting-down-at-dia-158-jobs-cut.html

If this is the case, could they be repositioning everything east of the Mississippi for UA or concentrating where Delta/AA have their flights?

Mods - please delete if thread exists.

flightsimer

RE: Republic Shutting Down DEN?

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:57 am

Denver was only a Q400 base for Republic. The last Q400 is being retired April 1st I believe it is. The E175's replacing the Q's will be based on the east coast except for the few that I believe were assigned to Skywest by United due to Republic's previous staffing issues. Those could be DEN based, but I'm not sure.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

Rdh3e

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:33 am

Quoting flightsimer (Reply 1):
The E175's replacing the Q's will be based on the east coast except for the few that I believe were assigned to Skywest by United due to Republic's previous staffing issues.

I think you're thinking of the second tranche of E75's. SkyWest will have slightly more than Republic overall. 58 for OO vs 55 for RP.

Skywest got 40 initially:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-e175-regional-jets-208275311.html

Then got 18 more later:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...for-united-airlines-300141861.html

durangomac

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:00 pm

YX's DEN base was going away the second they announced they were getting rid of hte Q400's they just know when the last YX employee is going to be in DEN now. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some transfer to the S5 side of the house in DEN.

bhmdiversion
Topic Author

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Gotcha. I knew the Q was going away...m article made it they were pulling completely out.

flyDTW1992

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Quoting durangomac (Reply 3):
YX's DEN base was going away the second they announced they were getting rid of hte Q400's they just know when the last YX employee is going to be in DEN now. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some transfer to the S5 side of the house in DEN.

I'm under the impression that as soon as the staffing is stabilized they'll be pushing toward a single certificate anyway.
Now you're flying smart

floridaflyboy

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Quoting flyDTW1992 (Reply 5):
I'm under the impression that as soon as the staffing is stabilized they'll be pushing toward a single certificate anyway.

Their most recent earnings calls have all said they're pushing quickly toward that already. Sounds like it may be more short-term than we think.
Good goes around!

DiamondFlyer

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:23 pm

No reason not to, especially once they are a 170/175 only operator, which is going to be sooner than later, IMO.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

durangomac

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:26 pm

I've hear something similar, I wonder if they are actually waiting to get the Q400's off the YX certificate and maybe even the EMB-145 off the S5 certifcate so they are just dealing with one type instead of three (E-Jet, Q400 & EMB-145). Yes I know they are slightly different but I suspect they get typed for one then run differences trainings like a lot of the CRJ operators do.

flyDTW1992

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Quoting floridaflyboy (Reply 6):
Their most recent earnings calls have all said they're pushing quickly toward that already. Sounds like it may be more short-term than we think.
Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 7):
No reason not to, especially once they are a 170/175 only operator, which is going to be sooner than later, IMO.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me. I interned there and worked on the initial S5+RP certificate merger, shortly before the staffing issues really started to catch up with them. At that point there was already groundwork being laid to get to one certificate.
Now you're flying smart

flightsimer

Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:56 am

Single certificate should happen by the end of the year.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos