Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

SRMD11
Topic Author

Video: Plane Graveyard In The Middle Of Bangkok...

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Hello All

Some time ago, there was this thread:

Bangkok Plane Graveyard (by heysfo Sep 19 2015 in Civil Aviation)

In the meantime, I visited this place again... and I made Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcqAy7M-Kg

Enoy it...

TC957

RE: Video: Plane Graveyard In The Middle Of Bangkok...

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:33 pm

I think the Thai authorities should get in there and clean the place up and crush those wrecks. Apart from the dangers of kids playing around there it hardly enhances a positive image of Bangkok.

bennett123

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Perhaps they should organise tours  

Ty134A

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:06 pm

somebody took all the safety cards!!!

by the way, which birds are these??? i've spotted some orient thai, and there is (i assume) chinese written on the handles of the B747!
flown on: TU3,TU5,T20,IL8,IL6,ILW,IL9,I14,YK4,YK2,AN2,AN4,A26,A28,A38,A40,A81,SU9,L4T,L11,D1C,M11,M80,M87,
AB4,AB6,318,313,342,343,345,346,712,703,722,732,735,741,742,743,74L,744,752,753,763,772,77W,J31,F50,F70,100,ATP,
142,143,AR8,AR1,SF3,S20,D38,MIH...

TC957

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:12 pm

I believe they are all ex-Orient Thai, or their One-Two-Go subsidary. Writing is probably Japanese since the 747's were ex-JL

pvjin

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Quoting TC957 (Reply 2):
I think the Thai authorities should get in there and clean the place up and crush those wrecks. Apart from the dangers of kids playing around there it hardly enhances a positive image of Bangkok.

What dangers? I can't see much of a danger kids playing around these wrecks could cause to anybody. And if you ask me aircraft wrecks laying around is a good thing as opposed to typical boring looking sterile commercial landscape.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

TC957

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Quoting pvjin (Reply 6):
I can't see much of a danger

Plenty of jagged metal to hurt oneself on, not to mention falling down off airframes or through weak metal structures rotting in the humid heat of Bangkok.

WIederling

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Quoting TC957 (Reply 7):

You take all the fun out of it.
But it is true:
Parents today would get apoplectic if their kids were doing things we did in our time.
No helicopter parents in my jouth. And we had a much better eye for risks than the kids today.
Murphy is an optimist

christao17

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Interesting - I was out there four years ago and made a video, too!
More than a dozen years flying in and around Asia...

SRMD11
Topic Author

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Quoting christao17 (Reply 9):
Interesting - I was out there four years ago and made a video, too!

Wow - Thanks for posting!

Quoting TC957 (Reply 7):
I can't see much of a danger

Well, belive me... There are risk's. Not only rotten plane pieces. There are Needles and syringes from drug use, laying around. And you never know who you will meet suddenly. I mentioned it in my Video...

But if you like to visit this place, ask for permit on the fence - don't go there alone! Also go there only during daytime! The people who are in charge watching the aera are nice. Give them some Baht's... But also accept if they force you to leave!

F9Animal

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:07 am

Quoting SRMD11 (Thread starter):
Hello All

Some time ago, there was this thread:

Bangkok Plane Graveyard (by heysfo Sep 19 2015 in Civil Aviation)

In the meantime, I visited this place again... and I made Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcqAy7M-Kg

Enoy it...

Wait a bloody second!!! Did you make this video? Freaking beautiful! Seriously, excellent editing! The footage is so crisp, and I really felt like I was standing in there.

That is bloody talent! I think you need to visit some other bone yards, and produce some additional videos like this. This is an aviation nerd video for sure! LOL!

Is it really that dangerous? It looks really cool, and I am surprised there are so many parts left. If something like that were here in the US, people would have stolen all the parts and sold them.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. I am adding you to my You Tube account. Sorry to use the word bloody so much... But... That is bloody awesome work you did.
I Am A Different Animal!!

SRMD11
Topic Author

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:14 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 11):

I'm happy that you like my video. Thanks for you comments. Yes, I created the Clip last November. I visited this place in the past several times and know some nice people there. They are very poor and happy if you leave them some money. Dangerous - well it wasn't in the past. But in last November, it was different... You can meet suddenly "dark beings" at the plot. I did and was forced to leave... It seems, to become a syndicate spot! Also plenty of drug syringes, needles are laying around. Sick Dogs - not sure if they are friendly... And at least, snakes hunting rats - particular in the part of the area which border ends at the Klong (small water canal). Be aware and watch your step if you are there - The situation wasn't that risky before. Please note that this is my own, subjective judgement. I hope, someone will clean it up and the place will become attractive again like it was before.

In Thailand, you can find on other places huge planes somewhere where you never expect it. Once if I will have the time, I will make a collection of it and let you know...

neutrino

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Quoting SRMD11 (Reply 9):
(posted Mon Sep 21 2015 03:17:38, Bangkok Plane Graveyard thread)
Hello All... I'm very familiar with the place. For those of you who want to go there: Please respect the poor people there and leave them some money. You can bring them fresh food, rice... maybe better because cash will be often changed into Alcohol or Drugs.

I'll bring a stack of chocolate bars on my next trip to BKK this coming April.  
I'm super familiar with Krungthep and will be taking public bus no. 8 there and back.
Thanks for bringing up the subject as I have forgotten that it was on my "to visit" list.
I think the last time I talked about it was maybe some years back; with Superfly.
Now, where is he? Haven't "seen" him on here for quite a while.
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos