doulasc
Topic Author

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 am

Just read a link on JetBlue's Page on facebook that leads to an article in the Tallahassee Democrat
on bringing JetBlue to Tallahassee Florida.It mentions there is a airline service gab between Jacksonville
and New Orleans(doesn't Southwest have a flight from JAX-MSY), The article mentioned a route from FLL-TLH
on an E-190.BTW there has been talks of passenger rail service being restored across the florida panhandle which
could keep the gap open.Do you think JetBlue has a chance at Tallahassee.

usflyguy

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:10 am

Quoting doulasc (Thread starter):
doesn't Southwest have a flight from JAX-MSY)

I think that ended when oil was about $150/barrel or whatever it was.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

SunsetLimited

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:23 am

(doesn't Southwest have a flight from JAX-MSY),

It never came back after Katrina. G4 is going to be flying the route as of April.

there has been talks of passenger rail service being restored across the florida panhandle which
could keep the gap open.

There's an Amtrak test train departing NOLA on the 18th bound for JAX. Chances are high service will be resumed within the next few years.

Do you think JetBlue has a chance at Tallahassee.

I personally don't think so.
Spread hope like fire.

RL757PVD

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:41 am

You'll see B6 at ECP and PNS first and even that is a long ways off, even PNS is probably more than 5 years out.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

Miami

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:25 am

FSU pledges $1 million to land JetBlue - http://www.tallahassee.com/story/mon...ampaign-jet-blue-service/80175476/

Go Noles!
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

MesaFlyGuy

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:28 am

Can we change the thread title? At least put a question mark so it doesn't seem to suggest an actual announcement.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

thekorean

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:40 am

Quoting SunsetLimited (Reply 2):

Will that be the resumption of Sunset from LA to Orlando?

They should probably actually extend that to Miami imo

doulasc
Topic Author

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:58 am

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 5):

sorry there is no way for me to go back and edit it.

[Edited 2016-02-13 21:00:46]

jetbluefan1

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:15 pm

I actually think 2x FLL-TLH on an E190 has a good chance of succeeding, given a few factors - namely the ability to stimulate demand with direct and reasonably priced air service, South Florida's popularity with panhandle residents, the panhandle's large college population (many of whom are from South Florida), and the ability to connect in FLL to NYC/BOS/etc.

SunsetLimited

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Quoting thekorean (Reply 6):
Will that be the resumption of Sunset from LA to Orlando?

The top option being discussed is extending the City of NO to Orlando, which would provide a one-seat (or room) ride from Chicago to Florida.
Spread hope like fire.

MIflyer12

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Quoting jetbluefan1 (Reply 8):
I actually think 2x FLL-TLH on an E190 has a good chance of succeeding, given a few factors - namely the ability to stimulate demand with direct and reasonably priced air service, South Florida's popularity with panhandle residents, the panhandle's large college population (many of whom are from South Florida), and the ability to connect in FLL to NYC/BOS/etc.

Why would people in the Panhandle want to fly ~400 miles south to connect and fly to NYC or BOS? ATL 7x or CLT 4x would seem well positioned to handle all northbound connection flow.

jfklganyc

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:44 pm

They can make 1 daily 190 to JFK work too.

JFK 1x
FLL 2x

If they do it. That is a big if

JBAirwaysFan

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:19 pm

The next two possible Florida destinations for B6 are either MLB or PNS. Considering the fact that DL sustained NYC service at MLB for a while (actually longer than DAB [except EWR but we won't get into that] who now has B6) I think it might work with a daily E190. PNS is the other one. JetBlue won't land in TLH a second earlier than those other two.
In Loving Memory of Casey Edward Falconer; May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

clrd4t8koff

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 12):
The next two possible Florida destinations for B6 are either MLB or PNS. Considering the fact that DL sustained NYC service at MLB for a while (actually longer than DAB [except EWR but we won't get into that] who now has B6) I think it might work with a daily E190. PNS is the other one. JetBlue won't land in TLH a second earlier than those other two

I wouldn't be so sure. Money talks and if FSU is willing to put up an initial $1 million to jetBlue you very well could see them start 2x E190 TLH-FLL. Just ask ECP what the money St. Joe Corp put up did for them and attracting WN.

FLL is really the only market that would work initially. Delta ran CRJs between TLH-JFK for a while mid-2000's, but I think an E190 would be too much until they could build up their presence.

MLB is too close to DAB & MCO, both of which now have B6 service to JFK, and too close to FLL to do MLB-FLL. So I think that rules out MLB. PNS could happen, but similar to TLH I don't know if it could support an E190 to JFK. Maybe FLL, though even TLH has more non-stop service to S. Florida than PNS does. I think of the three cities TLH would happen first if they campaign hard enough and show B6 the money.

32andBelow

JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Quoting SunsetLimited (Reply 2):
There's an Amtrak test train departing NOLA on the 18th bound for JAX.

This is a thing? Checking to see if like the tracks are good?

enilria

RE: JetBlue To Tallahassee?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:45 pm

BOS/JFK won't happen. Market is too small. FLL is conceivable because JAXFLL has gone well, but JAX could support service to other places and TLH will have a harder time with that.

I'd say unlikely in the near term.

Polot

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Quoting MIflyer12 (Reply 10):
Why would people in the Panhandle want to fly ~400 miles south to connect and fly to NYC or BOS? ATL 7x or CLT 4x would seem well positioned to handle all northbound connection flow.

TLH is very expensive. Many would gladly go south to connect if it meant cheap fares. Already there is a fair amount of people who drive to JAX and other airports to fly LCCs (none of which serve TLH).

flyby519

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 12):
next two possible Florida destinations for B6 are either MLB or PNS. Considering the fact that DL sustained NYC service at MLB for a while (actually longer than DAB [except EWR but we won't get into that] who now has B6) I think it might work with a daily E190. PNS is the other one. JetBlue won't land in TLH a second earlier than those other two.

I agree with the other poster who said MLB would be tough with the proximity to MCO/DAB, but PNS is an interesting one. Would there be any demand for traffic from Mobile, AL with the new Airbus Plant to fly PNS-JFK/BOS on B6?

Aeroflot001

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I wanted to do a daytrip to TLH this past Friday. MIA-TLH in the morning and TLH-MIA in the evening but the flights returning in the evening were booked solid with quite a few non-revs standing by. So it seems like the demand is there for south Florida and TLH.

penguins

Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Quoting Aeroflot001 (Reply 18):
I wanted to do a daytrip to TLH this past Friday. MIA-TLH in the morning and TLH-MIA in the evening but the flights returning in the evening were booked solid with quite a few non-revs standing by. So it seems like the demand is there for south Florida and TLH.

What type of plane was the service?

southsky

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:52 am

Quoting flyby519 (Reply 17):
Would there be any demand for traffic from Mobile, AL with the new Airbus Plant to fly PNS-JFK/BOS on B6?

I doubt much would come from MOB... most (if not all) business traffic will go out of MOB instead of PNS.

clrd4t8koff

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:30 am

Quoting Aeroflot001 (Reply 18):

MIA-TLH-MIA is only served by AA (Eagle). Currently is 3x daily (2x E75, 1X E145). B6 to FLL 2x would be a popular alternative.

[Edited 2016-02-14 19:31:52]

Coal

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:43 am

Quoting clrd4t8koff (Reply 21):
MIA-TLH-MIA is only served by AA (Eagle). Currently is 3x daily (2x E75, 1X E145). B6 to FLL 2x would be a popular alternative.

DL used to fly FLL - TLH and way back when so did FL. When FL pulled out of TLH, DL jacked up the prices to ATL and FLL, both big destinations for FSU students.

It would be great to see B6 at TLH and I think FLL would be the logical choice.

If I remember correctly, DL also had JFK - TLH service for a while back around 10 years ago.
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

skymiler

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:20 pm

As someone who has lived in TLH for 30+ years and files regularly, the chances of B6 seems very remote to me. Remember Air South, and the city underwriting Air Tran? We saw how well that worked! The JFK - TLH experiment was a disaster -- I vividly remember the mayor telling me how great it would be, and why was I not on the bandwagon? Of course it did not last long and a ride in a CRJ to JFK would be horrible.

TLH can command high fares as there are people willing to pay them. As the capital of FL, especially during the session, the lawyers and lobbyists are here in droves, many on 1 day in and outs, paying whatever, and thus the airlines will charge what they can get. The airport management has been a revolving door -- there was hoopla about how it is now an "International" airport, and the locals immediately thought that there would now be international passenger service -- non stop to Paris. Yeah, right.

One of main reasons for high fares is general lack of year-round demand, as the county and city commissions are very against economic and industrial development. They managed to run a couple of good companies out of town with huge impediments of permitting and zoning. Our company was about to leave town for such reasons -- we had already broken ground in another county , and only by intervention of the Chamber of Commerce and a rumoured complex land swap deal of some sort -- I do not know the details -- did we get hauled back in.

Piedmont used to have a fabulous intrastate service on F28's in the mid to late 80's, but when they were swallowed up it all went away.

Apart from students and politicians (during part of the year) there may not be a lot of FLL traffic -- but we shall see. Personally, I would be surprised.

In the meantime, if I feel the fare is too high I drive to GNV (especially now that DL has 2 class Regionals and B717's on that route) or ECP. I vote with my wallet, but if not everybody does maybe we will get B6 ..

I have heard as a RUMOUR that TLH is one of the airlines' most profitable stations, and I have NO reason to doubt it ..
I love to fly, and it shows!

richierich

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:15 pm

I could see TLH getting B6 service to FLL but certainly not to JFK or BOS. The biggest detractor to TLH is that JAX is a two hour drive on I-10, although B6 certainly loves government and state capitals versus true leisure markets such as PNS.
None shall pass!!!!

Polot

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Just to note Tallahassee is just trying to get FLL. I think even they realize that there is zero chance B6 would fly there from BOS or JFK.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos