ikramerica

RE: Emirates Sponsor Los Angeles Dodgers

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Stadium naming rights may be better in the USA. But we don't put sponsors on jerseys here for the most part.

Today QR beat EK 2-0 in the round of 16 in the Emirates. At least that's what the picture of the Arsenal game looked like. That same imagery doesn't equate here. The closest you get is the college bowl game being renamed as a company. The O.co bowl or fuddruckers bowl or whatever.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

hz747300

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:13 am

AIA sponsors a Premier League Football team, but has no presence outside of Asia. They know enough to know that people are watching.

For EK, I think it's the same. They know enough to know that the LA Dodgers are watched, if nothing else, in the second largest market in the US. Also, it keeps their name in the minds of the consumers who watch, but more attend games, and likely could afford that trip to somewhere via DXB.
Keep on truckin'...

starrymarkb

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:24 am

There are quite a few odd official Airlines. Manchester United's official Airline is Aeroflot, Garuda Indonesia are the official airline of another team (I'm guessing they are allowed in the EU again)

English Football is big in Asia, hence some teams now have shirt logos in (IIRC) Chinese

Outside North America are there any big baseball markets? I know Japan is one.

thekorean

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:24 am

Quoting starrymarkb (Reply 52):

Korea, Japan, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Taiwan, Dutch territories in the Caribbeans.

b747400erf

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 49):

Sports sponsorship (incl celebs/players) are probably one of the worlds most effective means of marketing.

I specifically asked for citations and you provided none. You can make claims all you want but that doesn't make it true.

The fact is so many businesses spend millions putting their name on stadiums and they go bankrupt a couple years later.

some success stories. Read more here: https://www.google.com/search?q=companies+names+on+stadiums+bankruptcy

Also comparing a commercial that has Messi to sponsoring the Dodgers for global publicity is hilarious. That is what I was responding to. There are always overpaid useless marketing people that repeat the lies about advertising successes it is their strategy for justifying their salaries

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos