Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764

RE: B6 And PHX

Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Quoting IMissPiedmont (Reply 46):

I'm afraid that Willy is really a bitch to get to for most people. My brother just bought a house in the area and when I went to visit, I took the drive down Queen Creek road. Not at all a nice drive.

If you look at poverty statistics for Queen Creek, the poverty level within the town is well below the state and national average. Only the small downtown area of Queen Creek (Ellsworth/Ocotillo) is somewhat run down.

chrisair

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 am

Quoting 1337Delta764 (Reply 50):
If you look at poverty statistics for Queen Creek, the poverty level within the town is well below the state and national average. Only the small downtown area of Queen Creek (Ellsworth/Ocotillo) is somewhat run down.

Per capita income in Queen Creek: $21,500

Per capita income in Mesa: $19,601

Gilbert: $31,436

Chandler: $23,904

9.2% of population of Queen Creek is below the poverty line. Mesa: 8.9%. Chandler: 6.6%

I know you're enamored with the far East Valley, but the fact is, I doubt you'll see any increased commercial service to IWA outside of G4. That airport is in the middle of nowhere. If Spirit and Frontier couldn't make it work, jetBlue won't take the chance. I have to go out that way (the 60/Signal Butte) once a year for a week. It's a brutal trip to my place in Central Phoenix. I can only imagine how annoyed a first time visitor would be if they flew BOS-IWA and had to get to the Phoenician.

Byrdluvs747

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:48 am

Quoting Osubuckeyes (Reply 42):
Bisbee seems to be somewhat of a tourist town,

Bisbee is so remote and unless something has changed in the last 6 months, it is only accessible via a car. I have an aunt who lives there and while it has some touristy things to see, its not a destination by itself. Maybe one would tag it onto a visit to Sierra Vista.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

IMissPiedmont

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 52):

A visit to Sierra Vista? Having lived in southern Arizona for the better part of 50 years I can only assume you have never been there. The only reason I can think to visit that town is if you know someone unlucky enough to be based at Ft. Huachuca.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

93Sierra

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:24 am

There is a lot of money in the east valley, Intel, orbital, Boeing.... And Gilbert has a higher avg income than Snottsdale

910A

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:14 am

Quoting chrisair (Reply 51):
Gilbert: $31,436

Median Income for a Gilbert Household is over $80,000.
Mesa is $49,000
Chandler $71,500
Scottsdale $72,200

Gilbert has the highest median income in the country, making it the top city for "wallet wellness," according to a national financial-responsibility ranking of 150 U.S. cities.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ed-no-1-us-median-income/75067456/

Household income is a more accurate, than per capita income for obvious reasons, which is why businesses use household income.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos