|Quoting TXspotter (Thread starter):|
FlightRadar24 notified me of Singapore 777-300ER MSN 9V-SWP landing at VCV today. This would be the first 777-300ER slated to be retired / scrapped. SIA has been known to retire their B777 types early to garner the most resale value possible.
|Quoting DocLightning (Reply 2):|
You know VCV does a lot of things other than scrapping, right? I can't imagine even SQ scrapping an 8yo 77W.
|Quoting TXspotter (Reply 4):|
1. SIA is also known to be one who is willing to be near the first to scrap a fleet type. See MSN 28511,28512,28518. A few years earlier than the current 77E's.
2. Wouldn't we have heard about someone picking up a 77W?
3. Low seat count in this A/C
4. Emirates has stated they plan to retire some 77W's this year.
|Quoting IslandRob (Reply 13):|
|Quoting DocLightning (Reply 8):|
1) Fair enough, but usually more than 8 years after purchasing.
2) Not if it's being sent there for maintenance
3) Seats can be reconfigured.
4) EK will probably scrap birds built in 2003-2004, not 2008.
|Quoting Lentini2001 (Reply 22):|
I didnt know EK had 77Ws that old, I thought their oldest ER was A6-EBA which is 11 years old?
|Quoting TXspotter (Reply 15):|
I think this was a FR24 error and this plane will be kept at SIA. However the first 77W for scrap will definitely be done in 2016
blacksoviet wrote:The oldest 77W at Air France is 12 years old and it is still running strong.
tjh8402 wrote:,Wasn't BA looking for used 77Ws along with the used A380s? Maybe this is the deal DL has been waiting to make...
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos