Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl
Topic Author

Flight Attendant Leaves 60lbs Cocaine Behind @ LAX

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Odd story.

A flight attendant who was pulled aside by TSA officers for a random screening suddenly bolted from the screening location, running with her bags toward an escalator. After a short distance she jettisoned the luggage and her shoes, exiting the terminal.

Inspection of the luggage uncovered 60lbs of cocaine.

FA was headed to NYC on DL.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...dant-Cocaine-at-LAX-372963971.html

=

No surprise the DEA is now looking for her. A true end of career and liberty move.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ua900

RE: Flight Attendant Leaves 60lbs Cocaine Behind @ LAX

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Probably happens more than people realize. Any word on where she came in from, was the purely a domestic trip? That's one high flying F/A, from First Class to the bus in less than 60 seconds. Sad end to a career, though in her case it's probably good that her career ended sooner rather than later.
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUA | IAH | LAX | LIM | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SAL | SCL | SFO | TXL

diverdave

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Quoting ua900 (Reply 1):
Probably happens more than people realize. Any word on where she came in from, was the purely a domestic trip? That's one high flying F/A, from First Class to the bus in less than 60 seconds. Sad end to a career, though in her case it's probably good that her career ended sooner rather than later.

She's going to be in far more serious trouble with whomever owned the 60 pounds of coke.

David

psa1011

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:17 pm

That must have been a hefty carry-on bag...

DL_Mech

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Strange, one article says terminal five and another says terminal four.
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

Newark727

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:26 pm

That's a lot of cocaine.  Wow!

LAXtoATL

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Flight Attendants should be screened before all flights.
All airport / airline employees entering a secure area should be screened.
Exceptions just leave security gaps (intentional and accidental) and the ability to exploit for criminal reasons.

ua900

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Quoting psa1011 (Reply 3):
That must have been a hefty carry-on bag...

Well, crew members frequently carry 2-3 bags attached to each other. So it's probably closer to 20 lbs each, but still. Makes her duty free cigarettes carrying colleagues look like amateurs. I'll certainly smile the next time I see one of them next to me in the Known Crewmember line. I guess this level of efficiency wasn't doable back when FOAMs where not on the iPad yet  
Quoting DL_Mech (Reply 4):
Strange, one article says terminal five and another says terminal four.

Maybe it was in the tunnel area between 4 and 5   Maybe she came in on AA from LatAm and tried to connect on DL to JFK. Definitely classy though, she preferred wide body premium service  
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUA | IAH | LAX | LIM | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SAL | SCL | SFO | TXL

LatinPlane

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Reminds me of this great movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQWn-UBDTo
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

Freshside3

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:50 pm

They did mention LGA, and Flight 28. Of course, no carrier flies nonstop from the West Coast to LGA. Did they get the airport wrong?

CV880

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Thread starter):
FA was headed to NYC on DL.

Considering that DL has no flight 28 on that route and AA does, it seems the news media is screwed up as usual.

Flighty

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Don't you hate it when that happens!

Could have happened to anyone!      

socalatc

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 6):

What about the TSA who have had over 400 " officers " arrested in the past years. Should they not be screened prior to entering the secure area? Those goons have full, unscreened access to every terminal at the airport, including aircraft.

LAXtoATL

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 pm

Quoting socalatc (Reply 12):

I believe I said all airport / airline employees should be screened before entering a secure area. TSA would definitely qualify as airport employees, so yes I think they should be screened as well.
Since no individual should be carrying contraband and only a handful of pilots and Air Marshals are allowed to carry guns, I don't know why you would exempt people and leave such a glaring hole in security.

As I was typing this response, there is one group that obviously should be exempt from screening - on duty law enforcement. They need unfettered access to do their job. Everybody else, exempting from screening is just for convenience. Other airport employees that are not exempted from screening already are permitted to jump the line and since the actual screening process takes at most 5 minutes (often less) - I think the security concern far outweighs the inconvenience. Cocaine is bad enough, but what if she were carrying 60 pounds of explosives? We've already had an incident where employees were carrying firearms in the cabin. Leaving this loophole is just asking for a serious breach with catastrophic results. Too many things can go wrong.

ua900

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Quoting CV880 (Reply 10):
Considering that DL has no flight 28 on that route and AA does, it seems the news media is screwed up as usual.

Ok, so now she's officially a "Midnight Rider"  
What about the TSA who have had over 400 "officers" arrested in the past years. Should they not be screened prior to entering the secure area? Those goons have full, unscreened access to every terminal at the airport, including aircraft.

Between 2003-2012, so we should be past 500 by now: http://www.rt.com/usa/tsa-stealing-from-travelers-358/

Not sure where the "officer" part comes from.

Schweigend

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Quoting LatinPlane (Reply 8):
Reminds me of this great movie!

Yes, it is reminiscent of Pam Grier's role as the eponymous flight attendant in Quentin Tarentino's film Jackie Brown.

Except that Jackie Brown was a sympathetic character for whom the audience rooted. Not so much in this case.

Jackie Brown is a favorite movie of mine, with great shots filmed at LAX. One of Tarentino's very best!

LAXintl
Topic Author

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 13):
I believe I said all airport / airline employees should be screened before entering a secure area.

Simply not practical.

Remember the AOA has many many dozen access points, its not a simple case of only terminal passenger screening entrances.

LAX alone has near 50+ AOA non-terminal access points via cargo warehouses, maintenance hangars, GA ramps/FBOs that tenants utilized plus a several dozen other keyed gates. Employees that access and work in these areas then drive and work all over the airport.
Add in countless additional access points via terminal back offices, ramp offices, bagrooms, utility rooms, there is no solution where you can block things off and even attempt to screen everyone.

As I was typing this response, there is one group that obviously should be exempt from screening - on duty law enforcement. They need unfettered access to do their job. Everybody else, exempting from screening is just for convenience.

Where do you draw the line? How about EMS crews, fire fighters, airport operator own employees, other federal or municipal staff (CBP, USDA, DEA, FBI, FAA, construction/repair workers)

Or how about all the odd random tools, equipment, hardware, crates etc that come in and out either with people or vehicles that are required to perform their jobs that simply cannot be screened due to their size or makeup.
A bigger point is that much of what is inside an airport from the liquid soap in the bathrooms, or restaurant cutlery is not allowed passed a screening point, yet is a critical part of functioning facility.

At the end, one must trust someone. In every group including those with KCM access there will be bad apples.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

bennett123

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:25 pm

She might be safer turning herself in.

Her bosses will not be best pleased at losing that Coke.

ua900

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:32 pm

As I was typing this response, there is one group that obviously should be exempt from screening - on duty law enforcement. They need unfettered access to do their job.

Be sure to mention that to the elected officials who are frequently using the passenger exits as an entrance   They don't even use the employee / trusted traveler checkpoints.

Ditto for the people who drive large trucks (>26,000lbs) directly onto the tarmac. What should the perimeter checkpoints do, screen every F cabin meal by hand   ?

Armodeen

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 pm

What about the TSA who have had over 400 " officers " arrested in the past years. Should they not be screened prior to entering the secure area? Those goons have full, unscreened access to every terminal at the airport, including aircraft.

Absolutely everyone should be screened, everyone. It boggles the mind that a security conscious country can allow people into the sterile area without searching them...doesn't happen at LHR :P

FATFlyer

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:02 am

Quoting CV880 (Reply 10):

Articles are now saying she was a JetBlue employee.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

washingtonflyer

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:25 am

I'm reminded more of the FAs from the movie Blow.

Prost

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:26 am

Update: It's now 70 lbs. I wonder if the authorities will even find a live person, unfortunately.

holzmann

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 am

NBC reported it was Jet Blue.
DISCLAIMER: Airliners.net is an AIRBUS forum. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, if it has considered doing so in the past, should in no way consider supporting this website.

usdcaguy

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:06 am

I most certainly hope she escapes from the incident unscathed. There are security cameras all over those TSA checkpoints so her chances are next to none, but I hope she's able to dodge the penal system one way or another. We've got way too many people in jail as it is. Things like this give flight attendants a bad name, just like the Larry E. Craig Memorial Tea Room ensnared so many pilots and flight attendants years ago at MSP.

washingtonflyer

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:22 am

You hope someone who is transporting 70 pounds of Schedule II narcotics is able to dodge the penal system?

Dafuq?!

[Edited 2016-03-21 19:29:11]

DiamondFlyer

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:30 am

I believe I said all airport / airline employees should be screened before entering a secure area.

Ok, fine, when your flights get delayed because the pilots and flight attendants are standing in line at the TSA, don't complain.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

dsuairptman

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 am

Quoting ua900 (Reply 7):

Moronic idea. Do you realize that many airline employees have twice passed the same TSA criminal background check to hold their credentials? Have you ever heard of a SIDA? All employees working with in the secure area of an airport hold one; they have to pass that same TSA criminal background check to hold it.

In end there is absolutely no need to harass hundreds of aviation employees who hold credentials for no or reduced screening because one bimbo flight attendant decided to bring some extra luggage and got caught. If anything if proves the current system works since she and her bags were detected and bags examined.
GEAUX SAINTS!

LAXtoATL

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:47 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 16):

Simply not practical.

Remember the AOA has many many dozen access points, its not a simple case of only terminal passenger screening entrances.

LAX alone has near 50 AOA non-terminal access points via cargo warehouses, maintenance hangars, GA ramps/FBOs that tenants utilized plus a several dozen other keyed gates. Employees that access and work in these areas then drive and work all over the airport.
Add in countless additional access points via terminal back offices, ramp offices, bagrooms, utility rooms, there is no solution where you can block things off and even attempt to screen everyone.

It might be inconvenient, but it can be done. Access to all airport is controlled as it is already, so you just shut down some of the access points and funnel all personnel through fewer access points. I concede that it would probably be more difficult than I thought to screen all people with ramp access, but at a minimum anybody entering the sterile passenger terminal should be screened!

Where do you draw the line? How about EMS crews, fire fighters, airport operator own employees, other federal or municipal staff (CBP, USDA, DEA, FBI, FAA, construction/repair workers)

I would exempt all emergency personnel during an emergency. The rest of them it wouldn't kill to wait a couple minutes to be screened.

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 26):

I'm fine with that. Like I said, we are talking what 2/5/10 minutes? Life goes on. Besides, I've waited much longer than that many times for crew and it wasn't because they were being screened. Most times it s a late arriving connection, but I've also experienced where they didn't know where or why an individual was late. Besides, after typing this I don't think it should ever be an issue - if you know you have to be at the gate at 12:30 you factor screening time into your commute just like you do drive time and parking time etc. And isn't there so kind of pre-flight briefing? Do crew usually show up at the airport and run straight to gate for boarding?

JHwk

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:50 am

Yup. Welcome to the difference between security theater and real security. A green badge changes the dynamic a lot, and there isn't much that can be done about it.

That said, some other airports will screen various groups more rigorously when they are approaching a passenger aircraft (as well as leaving), along with drug and bomb sniffing dogs.

IPFreely

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:55 am

Quoting LAXintl (Thread starter):
A true end of career a

Sixty pounds of cocaine would have a street value of somewhere between $1,000,000 and $1,500,000. Her "career" as a flight attendant may have ended but this is just a hiccup in her real career as a drug dealer.

On a side note how inept and obese must the TSA officers be who collectively failed to pursue and apprehend one shoeless flight attendant? I do not feel safer with flabby slugs like that providing my security. I am going to write my congressman tonight and suggest that the TSA immediately implement physical fitness standards along the same lines as the U.S. military or federal law enforcement. With remedial training for those who do not meet the standards today, and termination for those who fail to bring themselves up to the standard. I suggest everyone else do the same thing.

LAXtoATL

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:16 am

Quoting dsuairptman (Reply 27):
Moronic idea. Do you realize that many airline employees have twice passed the same TSA criminal background check to hold their credentials? Have you ever heard of a SIDA? All employees working with in the secure area of an airport hold one; they have to pass that same TSA criminal background check to hold it.

In end there is absolutely no need to harass hundreds of aviation employees who hold credentials for no or reduced screening because one bimbo flight attendant decided to bring some extra luggage and got caught. If anything if proves the current system works since she and her bags were detected and bags examined.

Moronic? That is a bit harsh.
I don't care if employees have passed the same background check as TSA. If you read, I said they should be screened as well. Close the vulnerabilities in the system. Nobody is advocating harassing anybody. Just saying they should be screened for dangerous goods and contraband. If they don't have any in their possession they will walk straight through like the hundreds of thousands of passengers everyday. I don't care how many background checks an individual passed four years ago, it doesn't mean they can't carry a knife, gun, or bomb with them when going to work. Hell, we have numerous documented incidents of disgruntled or psychotic employees going into the office and shooting the place up - just if someone decides to do that and their workplace is a commercial airport or airliner it can have devastating consequences. There is also the possibility a perfectly sane individual has the lives of their family threatened if they don't carry a package with them to work and give it to someone.
Keep in mind that this Flight Attendant was stopped for a random screening, this was not a normal procedure that caught her. I highly doubt that this was her first time either. 60 pounds is a lot, I have to assume that a trial run was attempted with mph smaller quantities. And you can bet if she did there are others out there doing the same thing that haven't been caught. While I am certain there are breaches that don't get identified, we already know about the employee in Atlanta that was running guns in the cabin of the plane and made several successful trips before getting caught. He had another goal in mind, but with the arsenal on that plane he could have met up with other individuals and taken over that flight or even several flights.
I know you think my idea about screening employees is moronic, but whether you realize it or not for all the talk about how poor TSA is and things that get passed them now that shouldn't - the number security concern / threat in commercial aviation is employee access and not from passengers. It is of course difficult to address because as others have pointed out the number of people and items that access an airport on a daily basis. But there are certainly some steps that can be taken to address the easiest and obvious avenues to exploit the vulnerabilities.

LAXtoATL

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:20 am

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 30):
n a side note how inept and obese must the TSA officers be who collectively failed to pursue and apprehend one shoeless flight attendant? I do not feel safer with flabby slugs like that providing my security. I am going to write my congressman tonight and suggest that the TSA immediately implement physical fitness standards along the same lines as the U.S. military or federal law enforcement. With remedial training for those who do not meet the standards today, and termination for those who fail to bring themselves up to the standard. I suggest everyone else do the same thing.

I don't think it was TSA's responsibility to aprehend the individual. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I believe once TSA identifies a threat, it is the responsibility of the police to aprehend. I don't think TSA is directed or authorized to pursue anybody. In fact they don't have weapons, so what would they do if they pursued and she pulled a gun on them?

Freshside3

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:29 am

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 32):

I don't think it was TSA's responsibility to aprehend the individual. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I believe once TSA identifies a threat, it is the responsibility of the police to aprehend. I don't think TSA is directed or authorized to pursue anybody. In fact they don't have weapons, so what would they do if they pursued and she pulled a gun on them?

Sounds a lot like shopping mall security.

IPFreely

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 am

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 32):
I don't think TSA is directed or authorized to pursue anybody. In fact they don't have weapons, so what would they do if they pursued and she pulled a gun on them?

What would they do if she (or any other passenger) pulled a gun or knife on them in the security line or during a pat down inspection?

DiamondFlyer

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:50 am

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 34):
What would they do if she (or any other passenger) pulled a gun or knife on them in the security line or during a pat down inspection?

Call the airport police or whichever police department has jurisdiction over the airport. The tub stackers aren't armed and have no arrest authority.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

NYPECO

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:20 am

On a side note how inept and obese must the TSA officers be who collectively failed to pursue and apprehend one shoeless flight attendant? I do not feel safer with flabby slugs like that providing my security. I am going to write my congressman tonight and suggest that the TSA immediately implement physical fitness standards along the same lines as the U.S. military or federal law enforcement. With remedial training for those who do not meet the standards today, and termination for those who fail to bring themselves up to the standard. I suggest everyone else do the same thing.

The TSA's job isn't to chase after suspects. If they go chasing after one person, who's going to be there at the checkpoint keeping anyone else from walking right past security?

[Edited 2016-03-21 21:21:18]

T prop

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:26 am

TSA would definitely qualify as airport employees, so yes I think they should be screened as well.

So who will screen the TSA, the TSA?  

LAXtoATL

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:33 am

Quoting T prop (Reply 37):

So who will screen the TSA, the TSA?  

Yes, as they come on duty they would be screened by the personnel already on duty.
However, as I type that the flaw would be who would screen the first shift?

I don't have all the answers, but I'm sure it can be worked out. Maybe it can't. But my opinion will remain that nobody should be walking pass security check points without being screened (except those individuals we know are armed and authorized to be armed).

YULWinterSkies

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 am

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 6):
Exceptions just leave security gaps (intentional and accidental) and the ability to exploit for criminal reasons.

Do you realize what the whole point of airport security is? Security. That is, not blowing aircraft in pieces. Or assaulting people and stuff.
Cocaine as a substance is actually pretty harmless at doing any of the above.

It is not a matter of aviation security.
A matter of law enforcement, yes, a matter of customs, if applicable, yes, but a matter of aviation security: not a chance.

You will note that it is not listed among prohibited items to take on board or checked.
When I doubt... go running!

LAXtoATL

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 am

Quoting YULWinterSkies (Reply 39):

Do you realize what the whole point of airport security is? Security. That is, not blowing aircraft in pieces. Or assaulting people and stuff.

It is not a matter of aviation security.
A matter of law enforcement, yes, a matter of customs, if applicable, yes, but a matter of aviation security: not a chance.

You will note that it is not listed among prohibited items to take on board or checked.

I couldn't care less about the cocaine. But you do realize that could have just as easily been 60 pounds of explosive!
The point is if people believe they can take anything they want in the airport on the plane because they don't get screened, you can bet some will. It is human nature. The incident here shows a crew member deliberately attempting to take contraband on the plane, does it really matter what the contraband is?

And while not a safety issue, listed or not clearly cocaine is a prohibited substance to carry onboard or checked on a plane! Are you even serious with that line???

OB1504

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:20 am

Quoting YULWinterSkies (Reply 39):

I personally don't care if the passenger next to me is involved in unsavory activities as long as he's been screened to make sure he doesn't want to directly cause harm to me and my fellow passengers.

m404

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 am

Earlier stories said Terminal four which is mostly AA last time through. Later articles said she flashed a Jet Blue I.D. but was in plain clothes. Is it normal for non-uniformed personel to go through employee checkpoints? I'd like to hold out hope that she was a runner with fake I.D. but that's just some old pride speaking from way back when career (yes career) employees saw the security of that career not worth jeoperdizing by this klind of thing. I wonder if we will find if she was being threatend to do this and not by just blind stupid greed?
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

jayhup

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:35 am

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 40):
But you do realize that could have just as easily been 60 pounds of explosive

And that is exactly the flaw in your argument. Instead of focusing on people who are actually a risk (the dreaded profile) you want to waste time and energy screening everyone for everything.

Why not just prohibit all carry on luggage?

Then when you are done with that prohibit pax from wearing clothes.

TSA is nothing more than security theater...and your delusional paranoia over safety is pretty ridiculous.

INFINITI329

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:52 am

Quoting LAXtoATL (Reply 38):

I assume you have never held a job at the airport before. Your calling to basically take 5 gallon water jug and fit it into a gallon jug. No matter how hard you try it will not work

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 35):
Call the airport police or whichever police department has jurisdiction over the airport. The tub stackers aren't armed and have no arrest authority.

The tub stackers (lol) or TSOs have no arrest authority. The TSA itself has an office of law enforcement (which is basically comprised of Federal Air Marshals) they show up at randomly checkpoints, and they do have full federal arrest authority

T5towbar

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 am

Quoting m404 (Reply 42):
Earlier stories said Terminal four which is mostly AA last time through. Later articles said she flashed a Jet Blue I.D. but was in plain clothes. Is it normal for non-uniformed personel to go through employee checkpoints? I'd like to hold out hope that she was a runner with fake I.D. but that's just some old pride speaking from way back when career (yes career) employees saw the security of that career not worth jeoperdizing by this klind of thing. I wonder if we will find if she was being threatend to do this and not by just blind stupid greed?

If you are traveling with your airline ID, yes you can go thru an employee checkpoint line - depending on the airport - if one is available (to the sterile area - not the SIDA area) when traveling in plain clothes with luggage. It is just a faster way to get screened. Many times, this line is shorter at the checkpoint. Still have to take off shoes and belts though. Most airports have a employee line (Lots of people work in the Sterile Area - ie: shops and stores, etc. And all of these employees get screened like passengers)

Bottom line is that this woman is in huge trouble from both sides of the law. 60 pounds (almost 30 keys) is nothing to play around with. She better hope to get arrested by the Feds first, so hopefully she can cut a deal and flip on the kingpins or the source of this particular operation.

This will make a good TV movie, I think.............
A comment from an Ex CON: Work Hard.....Fly Standby!

Kiwirob

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:52 am

As I was typing this response, there is one group that obviously should be exempt from screening - on duty law enforcement. They need unfettered access to do their job.

Only in an emergency, if they are just walking around the terminal they should be screened, just like everyone else. This would be another one of your glaring holes in security.

manny

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 am

How inept is the TSA that they cannot chase down a person carrying 60 lbs of weight.

AndyEastMids

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 am

Quoting dsuairptman (Reply 27):
Do you realize that many airline employees have twice passed the same TSA criminal background check to hold their credentials? Have you ever heard of a SIDA? All employees working with in the secure area of an airport hold one; they have to pass that same TSA criminal background check to hold it.

Yes of course all employees should be checked each time they enter a secure area. The very fact that a background checked flight attendant carried narcotics (a criminal act) and tried to take them through a checkpoint proves that no background checks are robust or can be relied on beyond the time at which they were carried out. If one background checked employee can commit an such an act - admittedly a non-life threatening one - then another employee could do something much more heinous despite being background checked in the past. All staff going into secured areas are checked in some other countries - sadly it will take something really bad happening before the US wakes up and implements the same.

EA CO AS

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:41 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 20):
Articles are now saying she was a JetBlue employee.

"Was" being the key word, there.   

Quoting manny (Reply 47):
How inept is the TSA that they cannot chase down a person carrying 60 lbs of weight.

You may want to re-read the story; she took off on foot, without the two big bags of blow.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos