Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

UAEflyer
Topic Author

Will AA Fly To DXB Anytime?

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:01 am

As you know DL & UA left DXB and there is a rumor that DL might come back, as it was a good market for them to cover the subcontinent.
AA never showed any interest in the past in the Gulf area in general and DXB in specific. At the moment EK is leading the show between DXB and USA. Could AA come to this tough market anytime in the next 5 years, maybe by cooperating with QR maybe.

G500

RE: Will AA Fly To DXB Anytime?

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:55 am

Why?

There isn't that much interest in Dubai for American travellers.

DLPMMM

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:33 am

As above, not that much interest in Dubai as a destination for USA origination as there are much more compelling, closer, and less expensive beach destinations available. There is also no feed on the DXB end for USA carriers. There are more direct routes to anywhere (except DXB) for USA carriers to reach most anywhere using their international partners that will provide a monetary benefit to the USA carriers. DXB is built as a transfer hub, but the USA carriers have no compelling reason to transfer their passengers through there.

There is just no incentive for USA carriers to serve DXB unless EK decided to "make a deal" with one of them.

burnsie28

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:36 am

Quoting UAEflyer (Thread starter):
As you know DL & UA left DXB and there is a rumor that DL might come back, as it was a good market for them to cover the subcontinent.

Delta released a statement a while back that they were losing millions on the DXB route, I wouldn't call that a good market. Interesting that the rumors are flying only a month after Delta left DXB.

migair54

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:41 am

I don't thin AA will fly to DXB, in case they decide to start flying to the UAE I think AUH will be the choice, they already have some codeshare agreement with EY in place so it will much more logical to fly to AUH and increase the collaboration and get some feed.

Maybe AA could make DFW-AUH work or take over the ORD-AUH route then increase the codeshare beyond AUH, now is very limited, only includes 7-8 destinations.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/codesharePartners/etihad.jsp

chrisp390

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:53 am

I think the most likely route we could see AA on is DFW-DOH. The route is working well for Qatar and with the 2 airlines being in Oneworld and cooperating to some extent they could share the flying on that route. It seems like it is carrying a lot of traffic from the USA to the Middle East and Africa, an area AA has zero service.

As far as DXB I see it very unlikely AA would go there. They would be up against EK and have little to no feed on the DXB end so I see it as very unlikely.

jfk777

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:54 am

If AA ever flew to that part of the world Doha, Qatar might be their destination since Qatar Airways is in the OneWorld alliance. Etihad and AA also have a code-share arrangement so AUH might be flown by AA. Sooner or later the US3 will discover a market at the heart of the ME3.

jfklganyc

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:58 am

Quoting chrisp390 (Reply 5):
I think the most likely route we could see AA on is DFW-DOH. The route is working well for Qatar and with the 2 airlines being in Oneworld and cooperating to some extent they could share the flying on that route. It seems like it is carrying a lot of traffic from the USA to the Middle East and Africa, an area AA has zero service.

Any mid east route from DFW doesn't work on O and D and barely works with feed. No way they ad a second flight against (or in cooperation with) their partner.

As others have said, DXB is not for a large number of American travelers. I think you will see AA build up their trans pac presence over the next few years. No middle east.

commavia

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 am

Quoting jfklganyc (Reply 7):
Any mid east route from DFW doesn't work on O and D and barely works with feed. No way they ad a second flight against (or in cooperation with) their partner.

Emirates returning to a 777 has helped, but realistically DFW-Middle East is still saturated, at least from the perspective of a purely-profit-seeking U.S. airline's perspective. There is absolutely no market for AA to add a flight to DXB from DFW - or any other hub - considering the enormous capacity already offered by Emirates.

Quoting jfklganyc (Reply 7):
As others have said, DXB is not for a large number of American travelers. I think you will see AA build up their trans pac presence over the next few years. No middle east.

As said, the actual O&D market from the U.S. to the Middle East is - in the context of Europe, East Asia and South Asia - not that big, and what market there actually is can be easily addressed by all the flights on Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. AA seems to smartly be focusing on developing its global presence in regions where it matters most - namely across the Pacific.

sq_ek_freak

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:40 pm

If they were to fly anywhere in the Middle East it would be to Doha where their oneworld 'partner' QR is based and can offer them a massive array of connections across their network, but even then I think AA is doing more than just fine feeding QR's own flights from the US to Doha and beyond...so in short, no I don't think we'll see AA in Doha much less Dubai any time soon, there are much more useful rotations for the airframes that'd be taken up by this ULH route.
Keep Discovering

a380787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 9):

If they were to fly anywhere in the Middle East it would be to Doha where their oneworld 'partner' QR is based and can offer them a massive array of connections across their network, but even then I think AA is doing more than just fine feeding QR's own flights from the US to Doha and beyond...so in short, no I don't think we'll see AA in Doha much less Dubai any time soon, there are much more useful rotations for the airframes that'd be taken up by this ULH route.

AA doing DFW-DOH will be a classic case of alliance hub-to-hub for the sake of it. The only real demand is heading to India, and at that point, AA might as well do nonstop to India. At least the nonstop can attract some higher yielding business customers who are willing to forgo the on-board service of ME3 in exchange for time savings.

jfk777

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:49 pm

The reason there are now so many flights to Dubai, Qatar and AUH is because the ME3 are trophies for their owners who want and have the money to have these massive airlines with Singapore Airlines and beyond service. They have created a niche for themselves in part of the world that was under served, especially India. They may be vanity projects but profitable ones they probably are.

The ME3 have also become such huge plane buyers they can launch a new type and have it made for their specifications, thus the "Emiratization" of the 777-9 as one European airline complained about but ordered the 777-9 too(Lufthansa).

LAX772LR

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 pm

there is a rumor that DL might come back, as it was a good market for them to cover the subcontinent.

They just left DXB, and they just announced AMS will be their transfer hub for the subcontinent in cnnx with 9W.

...so highly doubt that this rumor is anything beyond wishful thinking.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

airbazar

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Could AA come to this tough market anytime in the next 5 years, maybe by cooperating with QR maybe.

As other have said, there's no relevant market to be had. AA would be far better off bypassing the ME and going straight to where the passengers really want to go: India.

LAX772LR

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 13):
and going straight to where the passengers really want to go: India.

...but don't want to pay for to sustain comparative ULHs.

UA has been the only private airline to make nonstop USA-India service work for any length of time, and only from NYC.

DL has tried both JFK and ATL, AA has tried ORD.
Neither worked.

Of course there's also AI, but they hardly count.... sometimes it's cheaper to get a J ticket on a 15hr flight to India on them, than it is to get one on an 7hr flight to Europe on most market-driven carriers. Not very representative.

a380787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 14):

UA has been the only private airline to make nonstop USA-India service work for any length of time, and only from NYC.

Adding to this statement, the routes have worked so well that there are strong rumors pointing to those 2 routes being high on the priority list for upgauging when the 77W arrives, which will up the J capacity by 20%.

Another frequently overlooked flight is AC's YYZ-DEL nonstop that comes with all-aisle access in business class. Geographically speaking, AC's hub is roughly as convenient as DL's DTW hub, with the added bonus of pre-clearance on the westbound.

Flighty

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 14):

...but don't want to pay for to sustain comparative ULHs.

Splitting the puny fare and taking $200 or something for the one way to Doha is not something a sane company would be interested in. What are roundtrips to India anyway, 900 bucks? Completely insane. Why not just light money on fire? Same thing and they are buying Jet A to do so.

COEWR787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 16):
What are roundtrips to India anyway, 900 bucks? Completely insane. Why not just light money on fire? Same thing and they are buying Jet A to do so.

On the EWR - DEL nonstops, UA manages to collect over $1400 for round trip in Sept, over $1600 in June/July in Economy Class. The amount of premium they command sometimes surprises me. But hey, if people want to pay for the convenience of nonstop, who's to complain?

klwright69

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 pm

These kinds of what if threads are always fun. No, AA does not want to go to AUH, BAH, DXB, or DOH. With all due respect, it's just silly. The whole region is totally saturated with airlines and flights. And on the US side, all the major markets have a presence from QR, EY, or EK. Or they will have them soon if not now. These three carriers have been adding right and left. DFW and ORD have all three in fact. And ORD even has Royal Jordanian, another One World member, just for good measure. The coverage from these airlines is just over the top actually. JFK has all 3 and RJ and Egypt Air as well.

UA and DL started these routes in completely different times. AA wasn't interested then and certainly not now.

AUH? DOH? On a US carrier? That's funny. Those cites are very small, with not a lot of terminating traffic from the USA, since some of you noted that DXB -USA traffic isn't a lot. I have taken DFW-DOH before. Only about 10 people were terminating in DOH, no exaggeration. The QR agent in DFW was amazed anyone was just going to DOH, actually. Chew on that for a minute.

A UA flight attendant told me that the 777 DXB-DOH tag would have like 20 some odd people on a normal day.

EY, EK, and QR have South Asia totally blanketed from the US side: Bangledesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, etc.

The only thing that would make sense would be a nonstop from the USA to India on DL or AA. But even given the enormous market that India is, only UA has made it work. Shocking when you think about it.

The only Arab Gulf market that might work for a US carrier would be Saudi Arabia. But no US carrier has done that market since TWA was there. But I wouldn't hold my breath there even.

slinky09

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:26 pm

If AA has passengers for DXB, surely they'd get them to London where BA has two or three daily flights to DXB to connect on to?

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:34 pm

DXB is a transfer point there is not enough o&d , its not a destination I think the US3 have any interst in serving. Dubai is a place best served by emirates from the us not a us3.

COEWR787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 20):
DXB is a transfer point there is not enough o&d , its not a destination I think the US3 have any interst in serving. Dubai is a place best served by emirates from the us not a us3.

The US3 do serve DXB through JVs and alliances. For example UA continues to serve via codeshare with LH, Swiss and AC with one change from its US hubs and at most 2 changes from elsewhere in the US. Sometimes and entire UA (016) ticketed itinerary is flown on LH, e.g. MCO - FRA - DXB.

a380787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Quoting klwright69 (Reply 18):

The only thing that would make sense would be a nonstop from the USA to India on DL or AA. But even given the enormous market that India is, only UA has made it work. Shocking when you think about it.

Both can attempt it out of JFK if they wish. UA wanted to do BLR for ages and still couldn't get the math to work out even after the arrival of 787 and oil at $30/barrel.

LAX772LR

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Quoting klwright69 (Reply 18):
AA wasn't interested then

Pretty sure that's not the case.

It was much more along the lines of "AA didn't have a pilot agreement nor costs remotely conducive to being competitive against those newly-emerged-from-bankruptcy carriers.... then."

MAH4546

Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:51 pm

AA was very seriously considering Abu Dhabi in some sort of partnership with Etihad this past fall, first from MIA then DFW, but it did not materialize.

I don't see AA flying there unless Qatar or Etihad wanted to do a JBA.
a.

Sooner787

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 24):
AA was very seriously considering Abu Dhabi in some sort of partnership with Etihad this past fall, first from MIA then DFW, but it did not materialize.

I don't see AA flying there unless Qatar or Etihad wanted to do a JBA.

I think AA would be more likely to start up ORD- DEL nonstops again once they
have enough 789's and/or A359's on property

airbazar

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 16):
Splitting the puny fare and taking $200 or something for the one way to Doha is not something a sane company would be interested in. What are roundtrips to India anyway, 900 bucks? Completely insane. Why not just light money on fire? Same thing and they are buying Jet A to do so.

Then the US3 should just close shop because that's the reality of today's airline industry, be it to India, Europe, S.America, or domestic. They need to figure out how to make money out of low fares. We now have LCC's expanding in the TATL market. We have Chinese carriers offering low fares across the Pacific and ME carriers doing the same to Asia and Africa. And we have overcapacity to Brazil with rock bottom fares. This trend is only going to get bigger.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Quoting g500 (Reply 1):
Why?

Worst analysis ever.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

9w748capt

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:34 pm

Quoting jpetekyxmd80 (Reply 27):
Worst analysis ever.

How so? The hell is there to do in Dubai that you can't do somewhere else that's much more pleasant and not built on the backs of slave labor? I'd rather go somewhere where it's not illegal to kiss my wife, but that's just me.

MKIAZ

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Perhaps PHL-DOH? Hub to hub. DFW already has too much capacity to the mid east.

MAH4546

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:43 pm

Quoting MKIAZ (Reply 29):
Perhaps PHL-DOH? Hub to hub. DFW already has too much capacity to the mid east.

PHL to the Middle East has too much capacity, too. QR flies it daily.
a.

Capt.Fantastic

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:54 pm

Quoting 9w748capt (Reply 28):
How so? The hell is there to do in Dubai that you can't do somewhere else that's much more pleasant and not built on the backs of slave labor? I'd rather go somewhere where it's not illegal to kiss my wife, but that's just me.

I tend to agree with this. I never understood why anyone would want to vacation in Dubai. The laws are insane, and everything is fake: it's like a concrete jungle in the desert. Sure, it's pretty to look at.. but I wouldn't want to spend any time there.

[Edited 2016-03-24 16:57:27]

[Edited 2016-03-24 16:57:58]

Clipper101

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:47 am

Per their website, looks like AA already flies to DXB through their oneworld partner BA utilizing from origin AA flight numbers. So, if you have a partner airline that flies you to a destination & saves you the trouble why you want to fly there yourself, isn't that what alliances are for?

a380787

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:52 am

Quoting Capt.Fantastic (Reply 31):

Once in a lifetime, it's worth seeing the awe of all the artificially created objects, but yea, the need to repeat is low on my personal list. That time I flew into AUH and managed to tour both AUH and DXB within my 32 hour transit. If I had 2 more days I probably could've added DOH and be totally done with it.

But gotta give them some credit - that Sheikh Zayed Mosque in AUH was damn impressive inside. I even bought a dishdash to fit in.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:53 am

Quoting 9w748capt (Reply 28):

I don't care of it either, but it has become a large and important world city, like it or not. My point is all that is completely secondary to the main reason: competing against Emirates.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

LAX772LR

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 am

I never understood why anyone would want to vacation in Dubai. The laws are insane, and everything is fake: it's like a concrete jungle in the desert. Sure, it's pretty to look at.. but I wouldn't want to spend any time there.

I never understood why someone would fly halfway around the world to stare at sand/water while upping their likelihood of skin cancer....

....and yet millions of people take beach vacations all day every day.

Same concept. It just "is," whether any particular individual can relate to it or not.

deltal1011man

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 am

Quoting commavia (Reply 8):

As said, the actual O&D market from the U.S. to the Middle East is - in the context of Europe, East Asia and South Asia - not that big, and what market there actually is can be easily addressed by all the flights on Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. AA seems to smartly be focusing on developing its global presence in regions where it matters most - namely across the Pacific.

Exactly this.

USA-DOH/DXB/AUH is way over capacity as it is. Not to mention they would be fighting with carriers who have an unlimited bank account. Same deal with India, AI openly admitted its US routes were burning money, but it doesn't matter.

having said that, IMO, when the US carriers do go back to the area it will be non-stop to India. DL from JFK AA from ORD.

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 23):

It was much more along the lines of "AA didn't have a pilot agreement nor costs remotely conducive to being competitive against those newly-emerged-from-bankruptcy carriers.... then."

the first part is very questionable. I know a member here made claims AA wanted to fly all the 14+ hour route but AA only requested two from the APA. 1 was turned down, IIRC when AA/APA was in section 6 and the other ORD-DEL was flown. Chances are the union would have allowed 14+ hour routes, that was just a way to keep the company from stalling while in contract negotiations.
AA didn't add DXB because they didn't really have the hub for it and ORD-DEL was already burning money.

Quoting airbazar (Reply 26):

Then the US3 should just close shop because that's the reality of today's airline industry, be it to India, Europe, S.America, or domestic. They need to figure out how to make money out of low fares. We now have LCC's expanding in the TATL market. We have Chinese carriers offering low fares across the Pacific and ME carriers doing the same to Asia and Africa. And we have overcapacity to Brazil with rock bottom fares. This trend is only going to get bigger.

this isn't remotely close to being true.

jsnww81

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:40 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 24):

The rumors were actually a second daily ORD-AUH flight, operated on AA metal, but didn't materialize as Etihad pretty much seems to have put a halt on growth for the time being.

Either way, I doubt we'll see AA in Dubai (or Abu Dhabi, for that matter) any time soon. Both cities (plus Doha) have a level of service to all AA hubs, on lower-cost ME3 carriers, that's more than appropriate for today's market. I won't say it'll "never" happen, but I imagine AA will head to other plenty of other points first.

[Edited 2016-03-24 20:42:29]

Max Q

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:03 am

With the way things are in the ME these days taking a commercial aircraft with 'AMERICAN' on the side into any airport
in the region (even a benign state like the UAE) may not be seen as a worthwhile risk.

This has been stated before by AA management.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

jacobin777

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:27 am

The laws are insane,

What are so "insane"? There might be some laws/rules/regulations which people from various countries don't like but to me not being able to chew gum in Singapore sounds a bit "insane" as well. Point is laws aren't as draconian as you are making out.

and everything is fake:

So is Disneyworld, Disneyland, hasn't stopped (millions) people from going there either sic. Point is UAE offer people things to do, places to see, etc. just like many other destinations in the world.

but I wouldn't want to spend any time there.

Apparently millions of people disagree with you.

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 35):
I never understood why someone would fly halfway around the world to stare at sand/water while upping their likelihood of skin cancer....

As I mentioned above, there are things to do in UAE.

Not to mention, many expats live there as well as the fact Dubai and Abu Dhabi are turning into major financial hubs, etc.
"Up the Irons!"

deltal1011man

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 am

Quoting jacobin777 (Reply 39):
What are so "insane"? There might be some laws/rules/regulations which people from various countries don't like but to me not being able to chew gum in Singapore sounds a bit "insane" as well. Point is laws aren't as draconian as you are making out.

Lol. Okay i have gathered you are a fan of the Middle east for a vacation spot (could be wrong though) and I generally try to stay out of this political stuff

but lets calm down the gum chewing comparisons to women's (lack of) rights issue, basic slave labor issues and religion/same sex partner issues the bulk of the ME counties have. That isn't even remotely comparable to not being able to chew gum and is really sad to see a respected member of anet to compare them as such. You might not have an issue with this stuff but a lot of Americans do.

having said that, I personally hope that anyone who talks bad about the UAE/Qatar are also willing to say the same about some of our Asian friends, looking at you China.

annnnd back to the airplane talk.  

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 am

I tend to agree with this. I never understood why anyone would want to vacation in Dubai. The laws are insane, and everything is fake: it's like a concrete jungle in the desert. Sure, it's pretty to look at.. but I wouldn't want to spend any time there.

As an American who has been to Dubai i cannot see it appealing to many Americans.

I was really not that impressed by the place at all. Zero interest in returning that has nothing to do with the laws its just not that impressive. The o&d is not that much, the ME3 do connections that is the only reason its worth flying to the US for them. Connections are what Dubai is all about. The economy there is certainly on the decline with oil prices, that market is only gonna get worse not better.

Byrdluvs747

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 am

Quoting airbazar (Reply 26):
We now have LCC's expanding in the TATL market. We have Chinese carriers offering low fares across the Pacific and ME carriers doing the same to Asia and Africa. And we have overcapacity to Brazil with rock bottom fares. This trend is only going to get bigger.

That's exactly what I want. Now that the US3 have killed the concept of loyalty, I want way more competition on international flights.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

nema

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:17 am

Quoting g500 (Reply 1):
Why?

OK, I,m from the UK and just returned from Dubai this week. I met a load of Americans on vacation whilst there and realised just what a long trek it was for them. Having said that, Dubai and the UAE capitol Abu Dhabi (Only 80 miles away) are modern and hugely developing tourist playgrounds with natural and interesting cultures alongside. Impressive and rapid hotel growth is ongoing as it will surely soon be ‘THE’ tourist spot to visit.

For starters, Ferrari World down the road in Abu Dhabi and sited next to the F1 racing circuit is the largest indoor theme park in the world with some amazing and record breaking speed rides. Why indoors, because its so blummin hot outside, particularly in the summer but of course, a great winter destination for those seeking warmth and sunshine. More and more is planned but with just what they’ve got at the moment, it’s a very exciting place to be.

They also have the worlds tallest building of course, the Burj Khalifa, plus one of the worlds most luxurious hotels in the Burj Al Arab.

Where else in the world would you find Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, a Ferrari FF, a Chevrolet Camaro SS, a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, a Bentley Continental GT, a limited edition Aston Martin One-77, a Ford Mustang GT, a BMW M6 Gran Coupé, a Brabus G63 AMG as POLICE CARS? Well they have em in Dubai.

Abu Dhabi are currently building a 6 runway airport, so what do you think that suggests in their planning? Ive got to go back simply because we didn’t see all of the attractions in the time we had so America, it’s a long ride but one worth doing if an airline gets on track.

[Edited 2016-03-24 23:41:13]
There isnt really a dark side to the moon, as a matter of fact its all dark!

LAX772LR

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:53 am

As I mentioned above, there are things to do in UAE.

You completely missed the gist of what I was saying.

Different options mean different things to different people: to some, as above, DXB is nothing but "fakeness" in the desert... to others, it's a garden of wonders.

My reference was as a parallel analogy: the fact that to some, a beach vacation is the ultimate in relaxation. To me, I couldn't imagine anything more boring.

klwright69

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:25 am

I see this thread is now off topic, maybe it should be locked. There is little more to say on the topic itself. The UAE is worth a visit for someone not familiar with the region. It is a long flight from the USA too. There are things to see and do. But it's a different kind of destination. And for some people it's an issue that all the great UAE tourist attractions were built mostly by people earning about 150 dollars a month. But yes there is Ferrari World, Big Malls, an indoor ski slope, etc.

Oh and yes laws there are insane. Remember in the UAE if you can't pay your debts, it is a criminal offense. You will do a prison sentence and still have to pay. Lost your job and can't pay the credit card? That's 3 years in the slammer.

Freshside3

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 36):
USA-DOH/DXB/AUH is way over capacity as it is.

With one exception--DTW. Lots of people there go to the Middle East. And the only flight is RJ to AMM, which(I think)is only once a week. So, a DXB/DOH/AUH/IST "Middle East Catch-All" flight is conspicuously absent from DTW.

However, DTW would only logically work for the ME3 and possibly DL, as well as TK to IST. Definitely something that AA would not do. Maybe supplement what's already there in ORD, since it is an AA hub, and close(in a relative sense)to DTW.

[Edited 2016-03-25 15:25:37]

[Edited 2016-03-25 15:26:17]

9w748capt

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:04 pm

Hahaha - seriously? Pretty sure I'm not going to get arrested for kissing my wife in Singapore. Nice try though.

LAX772LR

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:59 am

Quoting Freshside3 (Reply 46):
Lots of people there go to the Middle East. And the only flight is RJ to AMM

With the overwhelming majority of them having Lebanon as their market--- best catered to via Europe.

DTW-LHR-BEY for example, is 2500mi shorter than DTW-DXB-BEY would be.
RJ's DTW-AMM-BEY is 2200mi shorter than DTW-DXB-BEY, seasonal YUL stop doesn't affect it much either.

That's likely the reason that the ME3 have shown essentially zilch interest in DTW.

[Edited 2016-03-25 23:42:26]

jacobin777

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:59 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 40):
religion/same sex partner issues the bulk of the ME counties have.

While its not in "plain view", there are homosexuals living and vacationing to ME countries.

women's (lack of) rights issue,

Doesn't really have too much to do with tourism. Not to mention, UEA, etc. women are allowed to go about freely.

basic slave labor issues

Same as above.

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 44):
You completely missed the gist of what I was saying.

Maybe you weren't as clear (to me)?

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 44):
My reference was as a parallel analogy: the fact that to some, a beach vacation is the ultimate in relaxation. To me, I couldn't imagine anything more boring.

Ok..see your point.

Quoting 9w748capt (Reply 47):
Hahaha - seriously? Pretty sure I'm not going to get arrested for kissing my wife in Singapore. Nice try though.

I've not had any problems giving my wife a kiss in Dubai either.
"Up the Irons!"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos