User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:40 am

Cyow wrote:
So WOW is now operating from MIA - saw their beautiful bird a few days ago at the gate. Very Miami colours if you as me. Any more news on future routes? Rumors that an ANA connection is in the works.. but we've been talking about Asian non-stop for years now...


ANA is in the works along with a few others.

Expect a few more announcements before the end of the year.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:59 pm

MIA announces first-ever Tortola-Miami service by BVI Airways:

http://news.miami-airport.com/mia-annou ... i-airways/
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 pm

LATAM Airlines Brazil plans to increase Sao Paulo Guarulhos-Miami frequency from 14 to 17 times weekly, effective from December 16 with the frequency to operate with 767-300ER.

And they also plan to increase Fortaleza-Miami frequency from once to twice weekly, effective from December 15, with the frequency to operate with 767-300ER.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Frontier Airlines will begin nonstop flights to nine new markets from MIA.

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Detroit
Islip
Milwaukee
Providence
San Juan
Trenton
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Miami wrote:
LATAM Airlines Brazil plans to increase Sao Paulo Guarulhos-Miami frequency from 14 to 17 times weekly, effective from December 16 with the frequency to operate with 767-300ER.

And they also plan to increase Fortaleza-Miami frequency from once to twice weekly, effective from December 15, with the frequency to operate with 767-300ER.


I'm think Foraleza might eventually be 3 or 4x weekly. The demand is there, but many transfer through other airports.
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Miami wrote:
Frontier Airlines will begin nonstop flights to nine new markets from MIA.

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Detroit
Islip
Milwaukee
Providence
San Juan
Trenton


The MIA-ISP add 2x daily is particularly interesting as is PBI-ISP 1x a day. Southwest has let ISP wither on the vine while focusing on LGA and EWR in recent years. They've recently begun selling LGA-FLL weekend only flights beginning in January which puts them squarely in the NYC- So FL market, one of the most competitive in the country. They recently began EWR-FLL as well. NK couldn't make ISP work, but F9 can, they can make a massive impact on fliers who might be willing to drive out to Long Island for cheaper fares. WN never really made that work and NK was unwilling to cannibalize LGA flows despite being a ULCC to make ISP work. In theory ISP- So FL should be a goal mine, but since EA went under service has been sporadic. IIRC EA flew FLL-ISP and MIA-MCO-ISP . Both did well for an airline that was otherwise struggling.
 
miaintl
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm

I heard SK will only be going 3x weekly next summer. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Qatar Airways to send the A350-900XWB to Miami for the entire month of September
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Miami wrote:
Qatar Airways to send the A350-900XWB to Miami for the entire month of September


Excellent news!
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:52 am

Miami International Airport CEO: 'We're about two years out from a direct flight to Asia'
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:52 am

Miami Airport cargo up 6% in first five months of 2017
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:54 am

Virgin Atlantic plans to reconfigure and upgrade 'Upper Class' seating on London Heathrow-Miami, effective 31-Oct-2017
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 pm

American Airlines has filed planned services with its new Boeing 737MAX 8 aircraft, scheduled to operate Miami – New York LaGuardia route, 3 times a day.

First flight is scheduled on November 29.

AA1011 MIA0705 – 1003LGA 7M8 D
AA1366 MIA1225 – 1521LGA 7M8 D
AA1203 MIA1635 – 1928LGA 7M8 D

AA1365 LGA0800 – 1118MIA 7M8 D
AA1011 LGA1100 – 1421MIA 7M8 D
AA1366 LGA1625 – 1953MIA 7M8 D
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 am

Azul beginning Fort Lauderdale-Belem service

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl ... story.html
 
synanthropic
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
Azul beginning Fort Lauderdale-Belem service

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl ... story.html


viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1371001

Starting 10 DEC/A320neo:
AD 8726 BEL 1330 FLL 1730 - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
AD 8727 FLL 2015 BEL 0410+1 - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Be prepared for an announcement next month.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4406
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Miami wrote:
Be prepared for an announcement next month.


From who?
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Miami wrote:
Be prepared for an announcement next month.


From who?


Cannot say because it isn't 100% official. Chances are looking very good though.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 am

[twoid][/twoid]
Miami wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Miami wrote:
Be prepared for an announcement next month.


From who?


Cannot say because it isn't 100% official. Chances are looking very good though.


Hope it's a new airline! :bouncy:
Cíao
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 am

Geminijets101 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
Miami wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

From who?


Cannot say because it isn't 100% official. Chances are looking very good though.


Hope it's a new airline! :bouncy:


Maybe. :scratchchin:
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 am

I've heard the wait for a Tokyo nonstop may finally soon be over.
a.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
I've heard the wait for a Tokyo nonstop may finally soon be over.

:scratchchin: :spin:
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 am

Miami wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I've heard the wait for a Tokyo nonstop may finally soon be over.

:scratchchin: :spin:




OH YEAH BOIIIIIII!!!
Cíao
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14489
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 am

Irma may put off plans for weeks or months for new or expanded airline services in South Florida. Potential damage to terminals, runways, access roads, loss of home of workforce, loss or extended shutdowns of resorts and hotels into the prime winter season will likely cut demand for a while.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3343
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 am

DL1060 DTW-FLL-DTW upgraded from an M90 to 75Y tomorrow in efforts to get people north for Irma.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:22 am

ltbewr wrote:
Irma may put off plans for weeks or months for new or expanded airline services in South Florida. Potential damage to terminals, runways, access roads, loss of home of workforce, loss or extended shutdowns of resorts and hotels into the prime winter season will likely cut demand for a while.


Possibly, or possibly not. South Florida's infrastructure is infinitely better planned and suited to take on a storm of this magnitude than New Orleans, Houston or any other major U.S. city.

I personally am not too worried about damage from the wind - most of Miami can handle it - but rather the storm surge and flooding.
a.
 
User avatar
FoxtrotSierra
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 am

MAH4546 wrote:
I've heard the wait for a Tokyo nonstop may finally soon be over.


You better hope they were talking about MIA and not MCO!

A Cat 5 Hurricane will hit MIA before they get a Pacific nonstop :duck:
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 am

Cíao
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Why did AF send a A340-300 to MIA today?
Cíao
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 am

Geminijets101 wrote:
Why did AF send a A340-300 to MIA today?


Sub for 777
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Miami wrote:
Geminijets101 wrote:
Why did AF send a A340-300 to MIA today?


Sub for 777


Okay, thanks
Cíao
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

Latin American Wings will launch SCL-MIA, twice a week, on 15 January. Looks like a tech stop in Caracas.

Avior will launch CCS-MIA, operated by World Atlantic, on 9 October, 4x a week.
a.
 
OB1504
Posts: 3761
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 pm

FoxtrotSierra wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I've heard the wait for a Tokyo nonstop may finally soon be over.


You better hope they were talking about MIA and not MCO!

A Cat 5 Hurricane will hit MIA before they get a Pacific nonstop :duck:


Considering what a direct hit from Irma as a category 5 could’ve done, this was in poor taste.

MAH4546 wrote:
Avior will launch CCS-MIA, operated by World Atlantic, on 9 October, 4x a week.


World Atlantic is already operating flights to Caracas on behalf of LASER sand SBA. Is the new Avior subservice related to insurance issues as well?

SBA’s had a 767 sitting at Northeast Base for weeks now, though it looks like the 757 left.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

OB1504 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Avior will launch CCS-MIA, operated by World Atlantic, on 9 October, 4x a week.


World Atlantic is already operating flights to Caracas on behalf of LASER sand SBA. Is the new Avior subservice related to insurance issues as well?

SBA’s had a 767 sitting at Northeast Base for weeks now, though it looks like the 757 left.


Not sure. Avior currently does not fly Miami-Caracas, only Miami-Barcelona. This is a new route for Avior.
a.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Hoping for great news next month before I leave for 3 months. :crossfingers: :swirl:
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Unfortuanely, AirBerlin will cease all operations to/from MIA next month.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Per AirlineRoute.net:

American Airlines during Christmas and New Year season plans to offer additional limited-time service from Miami, including flights to Buffalo and Fort Myers. Planned operation as follow.

Miami – Buffalo 23DEC17 – 06JAN18 up to 2 daily, except selected dates
AA4406 MIA0845 – 1155BUF E75
AA4461 MIA2140 – 0050+1BUF E75

AA4441 BUF0600 – 0930MIA E75
AA4406 BUF1240 – 1610MIA E75

Miami – Fort Myers 26DEC17 – 06JAN18 up to 2 daily, except selected dates
AA4470 MIA1745 – 1845RSW E75
AA4693 MIA2125 – 2225RSW E75

AA4694 RSW0645 – 0745MIA E75
AA4470 RSW1915 – 2015MIA E75
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
a.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8474
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:10 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Avior will launch CCS-MIA, operated by World Atlantic, on 9 October, 4x a week.


World Atlantic is already operating flights to Caracas on behalf of LASER sand SBA. Is the new Avior subservice related to insurance issues as well?

SBA’s had a 767 sitting at Northeast Base for weeks now, though it looks like the 757 left.


Not sure. Avior currently does not fly Miami-Caracas, only Miami-Barcelona. This is a new route for Avior.


So where is this going? Do they still send A340?

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
SyracuseAvGeek
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Miami wrote:
Per AirlineRoute.net:

American Airlines during Christmas and New Year season plans to offer additional limited-time service from Miami, including flights to Buffalo and Fort Myers. Planned operation as follow.

Miami – Buffalo 23DEC17 – 06JAN18 up to 2 daily, except selected dates
AA4406 MIA0845 – 1155BUF E75
AA4461 MIA2140 – 0050+1BUF E75

AA4441 BUF0600 – 0930MIA E75
AA4406 BUF1240 – 1610MIA E75

Miami – Fort Myers 26DEC17 – 06JAN18 up to 2 daily, except selected dates
AA4470 MIA1745 – 1845RSW E75
AA4693 MIA2125 – 2225RSW E75

AA4694 RSW0645 – 0745MIA E75
AA4470 RSW1915 – 2015MIA E75


This service in another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1374671
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3343
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:25 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:26 pm

flymco753 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.


One of the best performing routes at MIA.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3343
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Miami wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.


One of the best performing routes at MIA.
Interesting, I for sure thought something in Latin America would be.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 pm

flymco753 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.


It will become the single busiest U.S.-Europe market pair without a nonstop. It is a huge market.
a.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3343
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
I'm sure Lufthansa or Eurowings will quickly fill the gap on MIA-DUS route.
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.


It will become the single busiest U.S.-Europe market pair without a nonstop. It is a huge market.
Well in that case it is a pretty big deal, I mean AA could do it if they really wanted to right?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25906
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:38 pm

flymco753 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
Realistically, is there enough traffic from MIA to have DUS? I don't think it's a must have route for MIA, there has to be other services that take priority.


It will become the single busiest U.S.-Europe market pair without a nonstop. It is a huge market.
Well in that case it is a pretty big deal, I mean AA could do it if they really wanted to right?


The market is too German-centric. Eurowings or Lufthansa will fly it. Lufthansa flew it alongside AB for a bit, and then moved it to MUC.
a.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:05 pm

And just like that, Lufthansa announces DUS-MIA from November 8, 2017. 3 weekly, A330-300.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Thought I'd share what airlines MIA may see in the future. Please feel free to agree or disagree. (Just a dream list).

- South African Airways: Would be great to have them back at MIA and it'll help open up more connections. Unfortunately with the current situation at SAA, it seems unlikely.
- Etihad: With Emirates at FLL, we can use the UAE competition.
- ANA/JAL. Tokyo-Miami should've happened already. I'm confident we'll have it soon.
- Brussels Airlines: Missing European link. Don't really want to say TUI is what MIA needs.
- LOT Polish: Another missing European link.
- Cathay: With the right aircraft, sure. It's been said they want to fly to MIA.
- Hawaiian: Sun for sun?
- RAM: If they join OneWorld, it would be a big deal. Connections in Africa may be enough to help such a route succeed.
- Philippine Airlines: Huge Filipino population. Have said they were looking at a Florida city.
- Royal Jordanian: Not much to offer, but with OneWorld it may cut it.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8474
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Miami wrote:
Thought I'd share what airlines MIA may see in the future. Please feel free to agree or disagree. (Just a dream list).

- South African Airways: Would be great to have them back at MIA and it'll help open up more connections. Unfortunately with the current situation at SAA, it seems unlikely.
- Etihad: With Emirates at FLL, we can use the UAE competition.
- ANA/JAL. Tokyo-Miami should've happened already. I'm confident we'll have it soon.
- Brussels Airlines: Missing European link. Don't really want to say TUI is what MIA needs.
- LOT Polish: Another missing European link.
- Cathay: With the right aircraft, sure. It's been said they want to fly to MIA.
- Hawaiian: Sun for sun?
- RAM: If they join OneWorld, it would be a big deal. Connections in Africa may be enough to help such a route succeed.
- Philippine Airlines: Huge Filipino population. Have said they were looking at a Florida city.
- Royal Jordanian: Not much to offer, but with OneWorld it may cut it.


No Chinese carriers?...and there's supposed to be a big announcement soon? :stirthepot:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8474
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - Part 8

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Avior starting MIA/FLL-BOG? Was that covered already?

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/venezue ... ale-route/
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos