Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RWA380

RE: St Helena Island Airport Opening Soon (pictures)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:40 am

Quoting kiwirob (Reply 18):
Doubt it, RMS St Helena besidestransportimg people also brings in everything else the island needs.

A larger ship will be required as the place grows, they are at least thinking forward.

Quoting B737900 (Reply 34):

For an excellent overview of St Helena, Google 'Globe-Trekker St Helena'. It's on PBS in the US. Saw it recently. Good discussion on the Island and the building of the airport.

This is the special I watched & got my info from, a real neat watch if you want to feel like you know the palce.

Quoting MD80Nut (Reply 46):

I'm also fascinated by remote locations like St. Helena. Since the place has no beaches to attract traditional tourism, I figure any tourism will be more "eco-tourism" than anything else.

The tourism will be history nuts who want to see the places where Napoleon spent his remaining days in exile.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

bjorn14

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:04 am

Photos of HLE look like your landing on a aircraft carrier. I hope they have some arrest systems. Could a A319neo make it from LON-HLE? I am a little surprised they are starting service to JNB instead of CPT which they been historically linked to via the boat.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Kiwirob

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am

Quoting diverdave (Reply 45):
Do you have a link? I couldn't find any details. I was assuming there would not be cabins as the trips this summer are being advertised as the "last chance."
http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/shg-signs-shipping-contract-with-awsm/

Zombus

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 am

Quoting kalvado (Reply 27):
How would you feel if your local city is isolated to preserve it's unique character, highways and airport are permanently closed - and it takes at least a week to get anywhere out of town?

Before the construction of HLE, St. Helena could probably not have been more (logistically) isolated. It's not as if had the airport not been built, the island would've become more isolated than it already was.

What I'm getting at is that I always got the impression that the Saints pretty much cultivated the island's isolation. To the point that the isolation became part of their culture and identity. I wonder how that's going to change from here on in.

Quoting MD80Nut (Reply 46):
With only one weekly 737-800 flight, the island is less likely to be overrun with tourists

For now, at least. In the short term, you're probably right. In the long term, I don't know. So far, St. Helena has been in some sort of equilibrium state due to it's isolation. The equilibrium state is now coming to an end. Initial developments will, indeed, probably not be very significant. But let's not forget about feedback loops; new and other developments resulting from earlier developments.

Now that there's an airport, tourists and other outsiders can actually *get* there in reasonable time and comfort. That alone will increase demand for flights. Which in turn may drive frequency up. Increasing visitor numbers imply increasing infrastrcuture (hotels etc.). Improving visitor infrastructure increases the attractiveness of the island for visitors, leading to increased demand for flights etc. etc. If I'd be very cynical here, I might ponder: "How long before the first McD opens its doors on St. Helena?". But I'm not very cynical today.

It's all in the hands of the Saints themselves to decide how to balance the pros and cons of the new situation, and I wish them all the best with their splendid new acquisition!  
306/310/319/320/3323/342356/AN28/AT72/B19/712/722/7323458/7448/752/7634/7723/C172/C208/C402/CR9/
D228/D328/DC9/DH6/E120/E145/E170/E190/F50/F70/F100/MD11/MD83/MD88/R44/RJ85/RJ100

Buyantukhaa

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Quoting afterburner33 (Reply 48):
Or amateur radio enthusiasts. Having said that, having an airport will actually make St Helena less attractive to them.

I have a colleague who is a ham radio geek.

Pardon my ignorance, but what makes such an island attractive for radio enthusiasts?
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

seat64k

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Quoting YYZAMS (Reply 12):
This island is very important for the worlds internets and Britain. It will def become touristy.

Why do you say this? They don't even have access to the undersea cables. I have more bandwidth on my mobile phone than the entire island combined. Ten times more.

r2rho

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:14 pm

As an interesting side note, HLE will feature GBAS, ground based augmentation system, basically a GPS-supported ILS substitute. St Helena may be isolated, but they have heard about NextGen ATC - and are implementing it   Very smart move IMO.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...its/techops/navservices/gnss/laas/

https://aerospace.honeywell.com/en/press-release-listing/2014/march/honeywell-to-provide-aircraft-landing-assurance-at-st-helena-first-airport

diverdave

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 44):
I just read about the new ship, she will have passenger cabins as well.

I looked at your link. I think the new cargo ship will be a standard cargo ship.

Many cargo ships have limited passenger accommodations. It can be an interesting way to sail around the world.

I expect the new cargo ship won't offer as many amenities as the current RMS St. Helena.

David

SCQ83

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Quoting seat64k (Reply 55):

So how they have access to the Internet?

Revelation

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Quoting r2rho (Reply 26):
The main purpose of an island airport is not economic profitability, but social profitability, as well as other strategic considerations (supply line).

Yes, and as mentioned above, a great benefit is it will let people suffering health emergencies be much more rapidly transported to a facility that can provide a higher level of care.

Quoting B737900 (Reply 34):
For an excellent overview of St Helena, Google 'Globe-Trekker St Helena'. It's on PBS in the US. Saw it recently. Good discussion on the Island and the building of the airport.

Yes, that was a good show.

Quoting Buyantukhaa (Reply 54):
what makes such an island attractive for radio enthusiasts?

Ham radio call signs are given out geographically. For instance any stations operating from St. Helena would have call signs that start with ZD7 ( ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_signs_in_the_United_Kingdom ). Hams get awards based on how many unique prefixes they have had conversations with, and as you fill contacts with the more common prefixes, the rarer ones such as ZD7 become more important. To confirm the prefix you exchange post cards called QSL cards. http://sainthelenaisland.info/hamradio.htm shows some cards from some stations on St. Helena. They are highly prized.

And if you happen to be a ham radio geek and want an exciting vacation, you pack up your radio gear along with the appropriate permits and go to a geography that has a rare call sign like ZD7 and instantly become the most popular station on the bands. This is called a DX-pedition ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DX-pedition ). The http://sainthelenaisland.info/hamradio.htm link says that one visitor had 12,000 conversations in 9 days. By nature, these conversations are short, they just exchange name, location and signal level. Such information is put into the outgoing post card that confirms the conversation.

Another option is to find a local operator and/or a club on St. Helena that is willing to let you operate their station using their equipment and/or call sign.

[Edited 2016-04-07 09:04:34]
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

seat64k

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 58):
So how they have access to the Internet?

A 10/3.6Mbit satlink, apparently. From what I've read they're lobbing the UK government to cover the cost (or part of the cost) to land the South Atlantic Express (SAex) there. Looks like it worked because St. Helena is listed as a landing point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAex

There's not much news about it since 2012 - looks like it hasn't been built yet and I found a few articles suggesting the other stakeholders might not go through with it because they've all benefited from all the other cables built in the last decade or so.

vv701

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 51):
I am a little surprised they are starting service to JNB instead of CPT which they been historically linked to via the boat.

I do not know why. But my possibilities and    :

The load is already restricted to a maximum of 120 passengers because of the HLE-JNB distance and the short HLE runway. And HLE-CPT is significantly further, so operating to and from CPT would increase fares not just because of a longer flight but because of smaller maximum loads.

Visitors to St Helena from CPT are travelling in the right general direction on the first, CPT-JNB, leg of their journey. Visitors from JNB would head off in the wrong direction if flying JNB-CPT-HLE.

Comair operating as British Airways who will operate the weekly 738 service are based at JNB and not CPT.

For all visitors to St Helena other than those originating in the RSA both legs of the journey, Home to JNB and JNB to HLE are shorter so likely cheaper than Home - CPT-HLE.

JNB receives flights from more international destinations than does CPT. So, for example, SA relatively recently discontinued their LHR-CPT service. So some potential visitors, particularly from the Northern Hemisphere, will avoid having to add an additional JNB-CPT leg to their journey.

Finally JNB is a long way up from the sea so could not easily handle passengers and freight arriving and departing on RMS St Helena.   

SCQ83

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Quoting seat64k (Reply 60):

Thanks.

Quoting VV701 (Reply 61):
Finally JNB is a long way up from the sea so could not easily handle passengers and freight arriving and departing on RMS St Helena.

That seems common sense to me. The boat goes to Cape Town which is the largest closer South African port.

But JNB is a larger airport (more connection possibilities) and Johannesburg a larger city itself. Since I assume locals will be visiting South Africa for all kind of services (medical, education, shopping...), Johannesburg will then be more attractive as a destination itself.

United787

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:58 pm

The load is already restricted to a maximum of 120 passengers because of the HLE-JNB distance and the short HLE runway. And HLE-CPT is significantly further, so operating to and from CPT would increase fares not just because of a longer flight but because of smaller maximum loads.

Huh? According to the Great Circle Mapper, CPT is closer to HLE and JNB...

JNB-HLE 1,990 nm
CPT-HLE 1,697 nm

JNB-HLE%0D%0ACPT-HLE%0D%0A&PC=red&DU=nm&SU=kts&RS=best&RC=navy" target="_blank">http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=JNB-HLE...C=red&DU=nm&SU=kts&RS=best&RC=navy

vv701

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Quoting United787 (Reply 63):
According to the Great Circle Mapper, CPT is closer to HLE and JNB

Thanks. Should have checked. I assumed that because JNB was around 800 miles north of CPT and HLE is north of JNB I assumer . . .

But what is more important in this case is that CPT is west of JNB and HLE is west of CPT. Next time I'll check.   

2travel2know2

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:31 pm

B.T.W.:
HLE REC 282° (W) 299° (NW) 1,782 nm
(Thanks www.gcmap.com)
I'm not on CM's payroll.

YVRLTN

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:03 am

Why is the Atlantic Star London airport LTN?

On their wiki page (I know - but it looks like it was written by them...) the plan was LGW. Why the switch to LTN? I get its TUI's home base, but its not like they do not have a significant presence at LGW, plus its a Dutch aircraft anyway, not a UK one. LTN is hardly associated with high end boutique tourism, La Compagnie excluded.
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR

bjorn14

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:57 am

Given the new airport I wonder if they will now have a dedicated air ambulance stationed at the airport not only for the locals but the influx of tourists that will occur.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

SKAirbus

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:19 am

Quoting Zombus (Reply 53):
St. Helena could probably not have been more (logistically) isolated.

I'm not sure... Speak to the residents of Tristan Da Cunha about that. Not only do they not have any regular supply transportation, they are about as far away from land as you can get. No airport, or anything. They rely on irregular service by South African fishing vessels and a very occasional visit from cruise ships and RMS St Helena, although the latter hasn't visited for several years now.

With only 267 inhabitants it suffers from quite severe inbreeding and with little prospect for medical evacuation, it is the worst place to become seriously ill.

It would be nice for them to get a landing strip at least so that at least medical aircraft can land and take off.... I guess that will never happen.
Base: BRU

Buyantukhaa

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 am

Quoting Revelation (Reply 59):
Ham radio call signs are given out geographically.

Thanks for the explanation (I had to look up what ham radio was, nothing pork-related it seems)  

Revelation

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:13 pm

because of the HLE-JNB distance and the short HLE runway

I hadn't thought of it, but what is their diversion airfield? They must have to carry a lot of fuel to get to a diversion airfield that can accept a 737-800 and you can imagine that weather must be a factor from time to time. In an extreme situation they could find HLE is socked in while all of Southern Africa might be unacceptable due to its own weather and/or stiff headwinds and the best alternative would be to fly to Brazil! The tinuyrl link below shows the distances.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 65):
HLE REC 282° (W) 299° (NW) 1,782 nm
(Thanks www.gcmap.com)

Nice that they have it all set up already. Ref: http://tinyurl.com/jo8qwyf

Quoting Buyantukhaa (Reply 69):
I had to look up what ham radio was, nothing pork-related it seems

Indeed!  

In the times where the hobby was forming (1910s/1920s) 'ham' was a slang term for amateur, so you had ham actors and ham singers and ham radio operators. For whatever reason, the term stuck.

[Edited 2016-04-08 07:16:56]

Buyantukhaa

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 70):
I hadn't thought of it, but what is their diversion airfield? They must have to carry a lot of fuel to get to a diversion airfield that can accept a 737-800 and you can imagine that weather must be a factor from time to time. In an extreme situation they could find HLE is socked in while all of Southern Africa might be unacceptable due to its own weather and/or stiff headwinds and the best alternative would be to fly to Brazil! The tinuyrl link below shows the distances.

Nearest is ASI at 1299km, then MSZ (in Angola) at 1909 km. Also WVB and WDH in Namibia are much closer than REC; I can't realistically think of a scenario in which all those African airports would be closed due to weather, even less so without advance warning and within the time that it would take to carry out the flight plus diversion.

United787

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Quoting Revelation (Reply 70):
Nice that they have it all set up already.

A-Net could learn a thing or two from them   TZ still shows up as ATA...

Revelation

Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Quoting Buyantukhaa (Reply 71):
Nearest is ASI at 1299km, then MSZ (in Angola) at 1909 km. Also WVB and WDH in Namibia are much closer than REC; I can't realistically think of a scenario in which all those African airports would be closed due to weather, even less so without advance warning and within the time that it would take to carry out the flight plus diversion.

Very interesting! As I said I hadn't done much thinking about it.

I ran into http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Helena_Airport and it suggests:

Quote:
This leaves Lubango Airport in Angola at a distance of 1,300 miles (2,100 km) as the next best diversion option for which every inbound aircraft must carry enough fuel reserve, limiting its load capacity.

and a discussion of aircraft compatibility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_H...ena_Airport#Aircraft_compatibility

It seems the page is fairly accurate but it also seems it could do with some cleanup too. Some parts speak of 2015 being in the future, for instance.

http://tinyurl.com/z2ga8sb has JNB-HLE, CPT-HLE, REC-HLE, ASI-HLE, MSZ-HLE, WVB-HLE, WDH-HLE and PSY-HLE on it in case anyone is interested in great circle maps.

Quoting United787 (Reply 72):
A-Net could learn a thing or two from them

You set a pretty low bar when you compare to A.net! 

GRJGeorge

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 am

Implementation flight currently on its way to HLE.
BA/Comair flight BA8427 depart JNB around 09:00am operated by Boeing 737-800 ZS-ZWG, just left the coast off Namibia heading towards HLE

jamesontheroad

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Quoting GRJGeorge (Reply 74):
BA/Comair flight BA8427 depart JNB around 09:00am operated by Boeing 737-800 ZS-ZWG, just left the coast off Namibia heading towards HLE

In flight as MN8427 for Comair; BA 8427 is a codeshare applied to AA2259 BNA-DFW  

blooBirdie

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Great picture of ZS-ZWG landing from St Helena Statistics (Twitter: @Stats_SHG)

Revelation

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Quoting blooBirdie (Reply 76):

I agree, great picture!   

United787

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Wow! I never really appreciated the terrain at the end of the runway until seeing this shot... Wow!

PieterBoth

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:54 pm

That is an absolutely stunning photograph! Great to see the BA tail arriving there  
It must be quite an emotional time for the Saints. Again, just wow at the image!

kotoka

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:44 pm

Quoting JRadier (Reply 19):
Yet there is also LON-ACC to consider, which is the longest stretch of the route and tricky on a narrowbody.

At around 3100 miles, does BA have any aircraft in their fleet that has the legs to do LHR-ACC without considerable restriction on load, and with the ability to land in Saint Helena?

[Edited 2016-04-18 15:45:17]

RWA380

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:15 am

Quoting PieterBoth (Reply 79):
It must be quite an emotional time for the Saints.

Only from the one hour special that I watched called Globe Trekker, I heard that the locals were glad for the airlink, especially with medical evacuations & receiving timely & regular deliveries of perishables & medications needed. They should no longer need to place Christmas dinner orders by mid October.

Quoting PieterBoth (Reply 79):
That is an absolutely stunning photograph! Great to see the BA tail arriving there

I agree Pieter, what an amazing shot, I would love to have seen the terminal, that was likely filled with curious locals watching the arrival of the proving flight. I see good weather was on their side today.

Quoting kotoka (Reply 80):
At around 3100 miles, does BA have any aircraft in their fleet that has the legs to do LHR-ACC without considerable restriction on load, and with the ability to land in Saint Helena?

A-321, A-320 would take a load hit, I guess an A-319 could be do this with the right load & balance, likely a big payload hit with heavy passenger counts. I guess some would use a route like that on a 319, instead of connecting in JNB off a long-haul wide-body, then take a 5+ hour flight into the middle of the Atlantic.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

jamesontheroad

Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:59 am

Quoting United787 (Reply 78):
Wow! I never really appreciated the terrain at the end of the runway until seeing this shot... Wow!

Hopefully explains the £218,000,000 cost 

4.3 million cubic metres (about 7 million tonnes) of material had to be trucked and tipped into the 'Dry Gut', a deep ravine at the southern end of the ravine, just to be able to bring the runway up to length.

SKAirbus

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:15 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 81):
A-321, A-320 would take a load hit, I guess an A-319 could be do this with the right load & balance, likely a big payload hit with heavy passenger counts. I guess some would use a route like that on a 319, instead of connecting in JNB off a long-haul wide-body, then take a 5+ hour flight into the middle of the Atlantic.

I could see an A318 working on the route in a C and Y config out of Heathrow. I guess it would have the legs for the outbound direct with a refuelling stop on the inbound. I have a feeling the A321 may be too much plane for St Helena.

JRadier

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 am

They would have to get them ETOPS certified though, so currently they have nothing in their fleet that would be able to do it.

CPH-R

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 am

Only from the one hour special that I watched called Globe Trekker, I heard that the locals were glad for the airlink, especially with medical evacuations & receiving timely & regular deliveries of perishables & medications needed. They should no longer need to place Christmas dinner orders by mid October.

The cost of perishables must be eyewatering though, if it's anything like in Greenland. Granted, there are more people to cater to in Greenland, but a litre of 'plane-fresh' milk is still 40 DKK / £4!

[Edited 2016-04-19 01:22:39]

TC957

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:29 am

ANA are selling their two 737-700ER's - surely the perfect plane for the job !

SKAirbus

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:39 am

Quoting JRadier (Reply 84):
They would have to get them ETOPS certified though, so currently they have nothing in their fleet that would be able to do it.

They have the A318 operating LCY-SNN-JFK  

JRadier

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:12 am

Quoting SKAirbus (Reply 87):
They have the A318 operating LCY-SNN-JFK

Fair point  

theearlybird

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 pm

First of all congratulations to all involved!

Did anybody see the update on that blog from the first post?

LINK

Lots of beautiful pictures there from the Comair landing and even a video! To me it seems that the second approach was not a planned abort but a last second go-around due to windshear. What do you guys think?

PieterBoth

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Quoting theearlybird (Reply 89):

Yes I saw this, some fantastic photos and the video is great, so kudos to the bloggers!

I tried to look online for tickets (just to see prices! which I assume will of course be quite high) but couldn't find any on websites yet. Have they not been released?

Also, I thought British Airways would make a bit of a statement about this? (As Comair operates as a BA franchisee), given the uniqueness of the new route. But I couldn't find any press releases or anything.

I also like the idea of booking a ticket on British Airways (Comair) from MRU to HLE via JNB...from an isolated Indian Ocean island to an even more isolated Atlantic one!

[Edited 2016-04-20 13:11:24]

theearlybird

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Quote:
I tried to look online for tickets (just to see prices! which I assume will of course be quite high) but couldn't find any on websites yet. Have they not been released?

It's on the the very same blog. Starting from 583 GBP return.

http://whatthesaintsdidnext.com/2016...st-of-flights-to-st-helena-island/

PieterBoth

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Quoting theearlybird (Reply 91):

Nice! I guess they've just not been uploaded onto BA and other booking search engines yet.

Revelation

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Quoting theearlybird (Reply 89):

I hadn't, so thanks for the post!

Curiousflyer

Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:08 am

Amazing. This looks like a really tough job for the pilots. Even with a supermodern aircraft.

GRJGeorge

Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:15 am

Quoting PieterBoth (Reply 90):
Yes I saw this, some fantastic photos and the video is great, so kudos to the bloggers!

Also, I thought British Airways would make a bit of a statement about this? (As Comair operates as a BA franchisee), given the uniqueness of the new route. But I couldn't find any press releases or anything.

I also like the idea of booking a ticket on British Airways (Comair) from MRU to HLE via JNB...from an isolated Indian Ocean island to an even more isolated Atlantic one!

Tickets and launch date not officially announced and opened yet.
There's been some media reports regarding this in South African papers, however guess there will be more noise from BA when the flight starts.

Unfortunately both MRU and HLE only operates on Saturdays, they'll depart JNB about half an hour apart and arrive back around the same time as well...yes JNB-MRU is only weekly on BA.
The HLE flight won't really be connecting to Comair's regional destinations, in fact might only connect to CPT...more timed to connect specifically to the LHR-JNB A380 flight and then might capture a few others arriving early morning in JNB.

vfw614

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 am

Quoting theearlybird (Reply 91):
uote:

Although my understanding is that this is still considerably cheaper than what the ship cruise from Cape Town to St. Helena was.

JRadier

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 am

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 96):
Although my understanding is that this is still considerably cheaper than what the ship cruise from Cape Town to St. Helena was.

Cheapest fare on RMS St Helena was/is GBP608

http://rms-st-helena.com/schedules-fares/latest-fares/

vfw614

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:38 pm

OK, so then it is more "time is money".

Viscount724

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Must be the world's highest elevation airport (1,017 ft.) that close to an ocean.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos