Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
MDW22L31C
Topic Author
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:03 am

LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Looks like LAS has a weather issue I see 5 or 6 flights on the ground or on there way to ONT. 2
747's Virgin and British airways
 
B747forever
Posts: 13866
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:20 pm

BA 777 LGW-LAS is also diverting to ONT.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3309
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:26 pm

it's a mess here right now, massive storms rolling across the valley, normally we see these in the summer and they are pretty brief, I haven't seen weather like this in a long time.
 
User avatar
DolphinAir747
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Dammit, I'm flying into LAS tomorrow morning and staying there for a couple days. Is this supposed to continue?
 
User avatar
Ytraveller
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:13 pm

VS 43 now on her way back to LAS. Must have been a nice sight at ONT!

Quoting DolphinAir747 (Reply 3):
Dammit, I'm flying into LAS tomorrow morning and staying there for a couple days. Is this supposed to continue?

Weather forecast shows 20-40% chance of rain tomorrow. That said the weather can be unpredictable here, just yesterday a 60% chance of showers was expected for today.
 
klkla
Posts: 852
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:51 am

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Quoting DolphinAir747 (Reply 3):
Dammit, I'm flying into LAS tomorrow morning and staying there for a couple days. Is this supposed to continue?

Rain is forecast on and off for the next week but there are lots of thing to do indoors in Las Vegas  
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25247
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Some diversions:

AAY447 IFP
AAY485 IFP
AMX482 LAX
ASA596 PSP
ASA628 PSP
BAW28V ONT
DAL2317 PHX
DAL494 PHX
EJA229 SGU
FFT1263 PHX
SIS414 LAX
SWA1544 ONT
SWA2747 SNA
SWA2969 ABQ
SWA1387 ONT
SWA3163 ONT
SWA3485 ONT
SWA4289 ONT
SWA450 ABQ
SWA4515 SAN
UAL194 LAX
UAL1942 PHX
UAL519 PHX
VIR43 ONT
VOI960 ONT
WJA1146 PHX
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
ACDC8
Posts: 7911
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:10 am

And to think it was sunny and 32 degrees celsius all last week when I was there - rain better be gone by April 24th LOL!
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3309
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:26 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 7):
And to think it was sunny and 32 degrees celsius all last week when I was there - rain better be gone by April 24th LOL!

You shouldn't have to worry, i've lived here for close to 30 years, i've seen days like today maybe twice in all that time, it was just a perfect weather situation for storms to roll through the valley, normally the storms will build to the west, dump rain over the Spring Mountain range, maybe a little on the West side of town, then die off, today they just kept rolling in from the South.
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4536
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 am

Quoting jetwet1 (Reply 8):
You shouldn't have to worry, i've lived here for close to 30 years, i've seen days like today maybe twice in all that time, it was just a perfect weather situation for storms to roll through the valley, normally the storms will build to the west, dump rain over the Spring Mountain range, maybe a little on the West side of town, then die off, today they just kept rolling in from the South.

I was born and raised. Moved to Seattle in 1999. Talk about rain here! LOL!

Vegas has really improved it's storm drainage. I remember the flash floods were insane. I also recall a major thunderstorm in the early 90's, and the official wind gust was 99 MPH at LAS. A Cessna was lifted and thrown onto Tropicana! The gust easy likely higher, because the wind gauge broke during the gust. Then one year, we had dense fog, and they had to close the airport for several hours.

When Vegas gets thunderstorms, they can be pretty nasty. But!!! Early April? Yeah, that tells me global warming must be real.

[Edited 2016-04-09 23:33:33]
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
User avatar
GuitrThree
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:54 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 9):
When Vegas gets thunderstorms, they can be pretty nasty. But!!! Early April? Yeah, that tells me global warming must be real.

I'm betting if you go back in history, your will find these nasty storms in Early April happened before in the past, even before the evil SUV's started to destroy the planet.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5
 
User avatar
Ytraveller
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Quoting ytraveller (Reply 4):
Weather forecast shows 20-40% chance of rain tomorrow. That said the weather can be unpredictable here, just yesterday a 60% chance of showers was expected for today.

Last night the forecast was showers today and thunderstorms Monday. Now it says 30% chance of rain this afternoon, partly cloudy skies tomorrow...
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3309
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Well it's raining now, looking at the doppler, it could be another fun day at LAS.

http://www.findlocalweather.com/radar_loop/nv/las+vegas.html
 
eugegall
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:13 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:39 pm

I'm here now and the weather has been quite bad for the past three days. Here are two pictures from my room overlooking the airport.

One was taken yesterday at 5pm and the other one was taken 5 minutes ago.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/eugeclio172/Yesterday_zpsuzkxtdqm.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/eugeclio172/Today_zpsjdqfvvtl.jpg
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9288
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 10):
I'm betting if you go back in history, your will find these nasty storms in Early April happened before in the past, even before the evil SUV's started to destroy the planet.

You're confusing weather and climate.

It will be inadequate education systems that destroy the planet.
 
portcolumbus
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:10 am

RE: LAS Diversions Today

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:21 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 9):
When Vegas gets thunderstorms, they can be pretty nasty. But!!! Early April? Yeah, that tells me global warming must be real.

Actually, considering it's an El Nino year and it was supposed to be a wet start to the year, we've been well below normal up until the last 3 days.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos