Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

767ALLTHEWAY
Topic Author

Clean Aircraft?

Thu Nov 30, 2000 5:10 am

What airlines keep their aircraft the cleanest???
My opinion is that American Airlines keeps their "Silver Birds" the cleanest.

modesto2

RE: Clean Aircraft?

Thu Nov 30, 2000 7:55 am

Are you talking about inside or outside?

exusair

Thu Nov 30, 2000 8:15 am

I see AirTran DC-9's and 717's everyday and I must admit that they are immaculate on the outside. I'm not too sure about their interiors though. Continentals planes also look sharp and regularly get washed at various stations. American Eagle used to wash their planes nightly, but I'm not too sure that they do this anymore.

Skyteam

Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:00 am

Interior: I have never been in a dirty TWA Aircraft, Delta is always clean, Continental keeps their planes up nice, and Aloha.

SKYTEAM

AApilot2b

Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:54 am

Most of the majors seem to do pretty well on the interiors. Speaking from experience, America West and Delta seem to be the worst. The last America West jet I flew on was really bad. The windows looked as if they had been scratched with a brillo pad and they were difficult to see through at certain angles (light refracting through the scratches). I wish Delta would get on with painting their airplanes. I've seen numerous examples that looked very dirty and forsaken. American's polished aluminum is always polished (give or take one or two) and clean. Very nice in a world of bland color schemes that consistently look dirty.

BH346

Thu Nov 30, 2000 11:11 am

On the inside, the Japanese Airlines I've flown with, JTA, ANA, and ANK do a good job of keeping the cabins clean. On the other hand, I wasn't too impressed with Southwest's dirty interiors.

Best Regards,
BH346  

767ALLTHEWAY
Topic Author

Thu Nov 30, 2000 11:36 am

I am concentrating on the cleanliness of the outside, but interior cleanliness coments are welcome.
-767ALLTHEWAY

Delta777-XXX

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:22 am

Delta's planes are pretty dirty on the outside.

Actually... it may be that they just need painting.

I love all 3 of Delta's schemes, and I wish they would keep all 3 of them... but I also wish they would keep the plane looking decent.

I was walking in the International terminal in Atlanta, and I saw an Air France A340... it looked terrible!! I had never seen one that dirty.

The Air France A340s are usually pretty clean, I see them all the time in Atlanta. Man, those sure are some beautiful planes.

FLY 8

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:45 am

American has to clean their airplanes! Plain aluminium has to be polished more than aluminium with color on it!
They have a problem with their airbus 300, because airbus delivers their planes with a special lack wich prevents the aluminium for corrision. So an Airbus is green from the outside when delivered! American polished the couler away and so Airbus is noz giving any garanty to American that the aluminium doesn´t start to get bad!

Sincerly, Benjamin!

chiawei

Sat Dec 02, 2000 8:57 am

Southwest is br far the dirtiest. Some of the seats has already turned black. The pocket is filled with trash.

One time i was able to find puke all over napkin inside.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos