readytotaxi
Topic Author

BA Royal Cabin Setup.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 pm

I understand that BA have a "Royal" setup for the nose of a 747, wondering when was the last time that was used?
Would a 777 or 787 or A380 be in the planning stage perhaps?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Auchmithie

RE: BA Royal Cabin Setup.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:25 pm

The fabulous VV701 will be along shortly with the oracle on this.......

Gazdon121

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:27 pm

I think it is the GZZZ birds

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:03 pm

Quoting Auchmithie (Reply 1):

Thank You.  

EMB170

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Quoting Gazdon121 (Reply 2):
I think it is the GZZZ birds

Aren't the G-ZZZ* birds 777s? I flew on G-ZZZC recently on LHR-PHL and that was a 77E...
IND ORD ATL MCO PIT EWR BUF CVG DEN RNO JFK DTW BOS BDL BWI IAD RDU CLT MYR CHS TPA CID MSP STL MSY DFW IAH AUS SLC LAS

Sydscott

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:39 am

Quoting readytotaxi (Thread starter):

This thread has some of the information you seek in it - Who Did The Queen Fly With To OZ (by bastew Oct 19 2011 in Civil Aviation)

She flew in a 777 to Australia for CHOGM a few years ago.

vv701

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:58 pm

The BA Royal Suite has only been used for official flights made by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip and once by Prime Minister and Mrs Blair.

At the ages of almost 90 and 95 respectively I am not expecting either Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip will be flying long haul again. However I believe that BA currently have two 772s that have an altered floor in the F Class cabin so that the Royal Suite can be fitted in it where an overnight flight is involved. I understand they are G-YMMO and 'MP.

Note here that the Royal Suite includes two single beds, one installed on each side of the F Class cabin. So other 772s have been used on flights that can be operated without an overnight flight such as those to the UAE and USA.

As far as I am aware the last two occasions Her Majesty and His Royal Highness flew long distance in any BA aircraft other than in a 772 was in a 763. For their State Visit to South Korea from 18 to 22 April 1999 they flew in a 763. The aircraft used back then was the trend-setting G-BNWR. Trend setting? It was rolled out on the departure day after being repainted from the BA Chelsea Rose (World Images) livery into the now ubiquitous BA Union Flag livery. As much as the British media derided the World Images liveries it lauded the appearance of the Union Flag livery on this the first BA subsonic aircraft to carry it. As a result within three months BA had announced it would adopt this livery for its entire fleet.

Later in November 1999 another 763, G-BNWH, flew the two Royals on a State Visit to Ghana and later South Africa as well as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Durban before the State Visit to Mozambique.

Prior to the South Korea visit I only have a three records of the BA aircraft used by the Royal Couple on long haul flights. However my best guess is that they never flew in a BA 744.

Why is a BA 747 an unlikely choice? It was too large (and therefore expensive) for the size of any Royal Party. The three earlier flights / trips were:

1. In November 1977 Concorde G-BOAE flew Queen Elizabeth home from BGI at the end of a Royal Tour of the Caribbean

2. In 1983 the Queen and Prince Philip were flown on a State Visit to Kenya, Bangladesh and India and to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in New Delhi on a BA L-1011 TriStar 500 (G-BFCD). (This was notable as the homeward DEL-LHR flight was the last BA revenue earning flight by any L-1011 500. Indeed the aircraft was leased by BA from the RAF after the airline had sold it to them in the preceeding March.)

3. L-1011-200 G-BHBO flew Her Majesty and her Consort to AKL via BNE (and where else?) to open the XIV Commonwealth Games in New Zealand in 1990.

So my best assessment is that the Royal Couple's use of BA long haul aircraft has been the L-1011, then the B 763 and most recently the B 772 but never the 747.

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 15):

Very many thanks for the detailed answer, very good work, thanks.
Perhaps this link is what confused me.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNNDlb5xlZU

vv701

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 17):
Very many thanks for the detailed answer, very good work, thanks.
Perhaps this link is what confused me.

Thanks for the link. As you have obviously noted Queen Elizabeth is boarding a QF 744.

When Queen Elizabeth flies long-haul as Queen of the United Kingdom or Head of the Commonwealth she has to provide (pay for) her flight costs but will likely be reimbursed by the British Government if she is travelling on a formal State Visit. When she is travelling as Queen of the likes of Australia, Canada or New Zealand at the invitation of the government of the relevant Commonwealth country, that government provides the transport. So in the video Queen Elizabeth is departing from LHR on a visit to Australia in her role as Queen of Australia.

My guess - and it is only a guess - is that she and her party occupied the whole of the F Class cabin and part of the J Class cabin. As her departure is from the LHR VIP Terminal there must be some doubt as to whether the flight was a scheduled flight with individual fare paying passengers in the other cabins.

robso2

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Quoting Auchmithie (Reply 1):
The fabulous VV701 will be along shortly with the oracle on this.......
Quoting VV701 (Reply 15):
The BA Royal Suite has only been used for official flights made by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip and once by Prime Minister and Mrs Blair.

At the ages of almost 90 and 95 respectively I am not expecting either Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip will be flying long haul again. However I believe that BA currently have two 772s that have an altered floor in the F Class cabin so that the Royal Suite can be fitted in it where an overnight flight is involved. I understand they are G-YMMO and 'MP.

Note here that the Royal Suite includes two single beds, one installed on each side of the F Class cabin. So other 772s have been used on flights that can be operated without an overnight flight such as those to the UAE and USA.

As far as I am aware the last two occasions Her Majesty and His Royal Highness flew long distance in any BA aircraft other than in a 772 was in a 763. For their State Visit to South Korea from 18 to 22 April 1999 they flew in a 763. The aircraft used back then was the trend-setting G-BNWR. Trend setting? It was rolled out on the departure day after being repainted from the BA Chelsea Rose (World Images) livery into the now ubiquitous BA Union Flag livery. As much as the British media derided the World Images liveries it lauded the appearance of the Union Flag livery on this the first BA subsonic aircraft to carry it. As a result within three months BA had announced it would adopt this livery for its entire fleet.

Later in November 1999 another 763, G-BNWH, flew the two Royals on a State Visit to Ghana and later South Africa as well as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Durban before the State Visit to Mozambique.

Prior to the South Korea visit I only have a three records of the BA aircraft used by the Royal Couple on long haul flights. However my best guess is that they never flew in a BA 744.

Why is a BA 747 an unlikely choice? It was too large (and therefore expensive) for the size of any Royal Party. The three earlier flights / trips were:

1. In November 1977 Concorde G-BOAE flew Queen Elizabeth home from BGI at the end of a Royal Tour of the Caribbean

2. In 1983 the Queen and Prince Philip were flown on a State Visit to Kenya, Bangladesh and India and to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in New Delhi on a BA L-1011 TriStar 500 (G-BFCD). (This was notable as the homeward DEL-LHR flight was the last BA revenue earning flight by any L-1011 500. Indeed the aircraft was leased by BA from the RAF after the airline had sold it to them in the preceeding March.)

3. L-1011-200 G-BHBO flew Her Majesty and her Consort to AKL via BNE (and where else?) to open the XIV Commonwealth Games in New Zealand in 1990.

So my best assessment is that the Royal Couple's use of BA long haul aircraft has been the L-1011, then the B 763 and most recently the B 772 but never the 747.

As predicted! Fantastic, thanks for the ever detailed & precise analysis
733/4/5/6/7/8/9, 319/20/21, 752, 744, 772/W, 332/3, 343/6, E70/90, AT43, AR85/1, D38, D10, M82

Lofty

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:16 am

The QF flight from RS1 would not have had normal revenue passengers. All so not sure when this video was taken as it shows BA steps and BA have not provided ground handling since T5.

cpd

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:49 am

Quoting VV701 (Reply 11):

Brilliant information - thanks!

CPH-R

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm

Quoting Lofty (Reply 15):
All so not sure when this video was taken as it shows BA steps and BA have not provided ground handling since T5.

The text below the video would suggest it's in the spring of 2000.

vv701

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Thank you robso2 and cpd.

wondering when was the last time that was used?

The Royal Suite was last used on 29 October 2011.

On that day Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip and their party were flown home from the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Perth, Australia. Their aircraft, 772 G-YMMP, operated PER-LHR (BA9104C), a great circle distance of 9,009 miles, non-stop.

Earlier on 18 October the same aircraft had operated LHR-SIN-CBR (BA9101C) carrying the Queen and Prince Philip to the start of a State Visit to Australia.

On 20 October it was positioned CBR-LHR (BA9102C) empty. On arrival at LHR the Royal Suite was removed and the aircraft was returned to scheduled operations flying LHR-HND (BA007), a route resumed by BA eight months earlier.

The suite was reinstalled and the aircraft was positioned empty LHR-PER (BA9104C) on 28 October to collect the Royal Couple

Last year BA announced that they were planning a 30 year operating life for its 772 fleet. Its two 772s with the front cabin floor adapted to accept the Royal Suite, G-YMMO and 'MP, were delivered in September and October 2001. So the best answer we have is that it is most unlikely that BA are currently planning any changes in this area. In another 10 or 15 years then things might have changed. But until then BA have an existing, usable asset, two 772s that are Royal Suite capable.

Of course this could be upset by BA's announced plans to convert their 4-class 772s to a 3-class configuration. But if the current standard (F Class) cabin furniture can be removed from the forward cabin to make way for the Royal Suite I would think this would be possible with the planned (J Class) furniture unless there was a significant conflict between the anchor points for that furniture and the Royal Suite. This seems to me to be very unlikely.

RRTrent

Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 11):
However my best guess is that they never flew in a BA 744.

I know its not the Queen, but British delegates who were traveling to Hong Kong for the handover in 99 traveled on a BA 744. I don't know if the Queen was in this flight, or even in Hong Kong for the handover, but I taught id throw it out there.

CPH-R

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Quoting RRTrent (Reply 19):

IIRC it was the Prince of Wales who headed the UK representation for the handover, before departing Hong Kong on the Royal Yacht Britannia.

RRTrent

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:51 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 20):
IIRC it was the Prince of Wales

Yes he was on it, as was Tony Blair I think. I remember it being on an episode of "Airport". It showed them arriving, boarding and then departing the VIP Terminal.

vv701

Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Quoting RRTrent (Reply 19):
I know its not the Queen, but British delegates who were traveling to Hong Kong for the handover in 99 traveled on a BA 744. I don't know if the Queen was in this flight, or even in Hong Kong for the handover, but I taught id throw it out there.

The Queen was represented by Prince Charles at the Hong Kong Handover Ceremony in 1997. Other UK representatives were Prime Minister Blair, Foreign Secretary Cook, Hong Kong Governor Patten and Chief of Defence Staff Guthrie. None of these (excepting PM Blair on a single other occasion - see below) have used the BA Royal Suite.

The British government , particularly the British Prime Minister have entirely separate arrangements to the Queen and Prince Philip for flying long haul. In small parties they travel on scheduled flights. When a large party of UK government politicians and supporting civil servants are travelling long-haul to a meeting or event an aircraft is chartered. The charter is put out to tender. The government selects the lower priced of those (historically flights operated by either BA or VS). They usually sell any unused seats to fully accredited members of the UK media to defray some of the cost.

In recent years the Queen and her consort have flown short-haul on chartered BA aircraft, (A 320s) flying as far as I can determine in their standard configuration. Junior Royals and members of the government have either flown scheduled aircraft or aircraft operated by RAF No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron

The only time that the BA Royal Suite has been used by anyone other than Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip was, as I mentioned above, when it was used by Prime Minister and Mr Blair. The circumstances that led to this were as follows:

On 18 March 2006 HM Queen Elizabeth in her role as Head of the Commonwealth and HRH Prince Philip flew LHR-SIN-CBR (BA9113C) in BA 772 G-YMMO fitted with the Royal Suite.

On 15 March Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip flew CBR-MEL (BA9115C) to attend the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games again in BA 772 'MO.

On 17 March Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip flew home routing MEL-SIN-LHR (BA9116C) in 'MO.

On 18 March the Royal Couple arrived at LHR. 'MO was temporarily withdrawn from use and parked still fitted with the Royal Suite.

On 24 March 'MO still fitted with the Royal Suite was returned to service carrying PM Blair, his wife, his support staff and accredited members of the UK media to an EU Summit Meeting in Brussels (BA9117C)

Later on 24 March 'MO operated BRU-MEL (BA9118C) non-stop with PM and Mrs Blair occupying the Royal Suite and with a mix of support staff and media representatives totalling around 60 individuals to the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games.

The above flight with an elapsed time of 18 hrs 56 mins and a great circle distance of 10,303 miles but with a low load may be the world's longest airline commercial flight.

On 28 March 'MO operated MEL-AKL (BA9119C) carrying the Blairs and their party on an Official Visit to New Zealand.

On 29 March 'MO operated AKL-CGK (BA9120C) carrying the Blairs and their party on an Official Visit to Indonesia.

On 30 March 'MO, still fitted with the Royal Suite, operated CGK-LHR (BA9121C) carrying the Blairs and their party home.

RRTrent

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 22):

WOW! You really are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you very much for the explicit detail, I find it very interesting. I presume the Royal Suite was left in as the time from arrival to LHR and departure to BRU dictated it (i.e. easier for BA)

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 22):

Curious, are there any pictures or drawings of the "Royal Suite"?

vv701

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 24):

I have never seen any.

My understanding is that it comprises a centrally positioned wooden table with two chairs, a full size single bed on each side of the cabin and a wardrobe with a (curtained?) changing area at the rear of the cabin.

Additionally when the Royal Suite installed in the F Class cabin a (variable?) number of seat rows at the rear of the Y Class cabin are removed. The created space is used for storage of items required on board and during the Royall Visit. Primarily this area will include hanging space for HM's dresses, particularly those to be worn at State Banquets and similar dress events. But it will also include her selected 'everyday' clothes.

One thing that has always beguiled me over all of this is the flight crew. Their only access from the 772 flight deck to any other part of the aircraft is effectively through the Queen's bedroom!

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 25):

Thank you.

One thing that has always beguiled me over all of this is the flight crew. Their only access from the 772 flight deck to any other part of the aircraft is effectively through the Queen's bedroom!

Yep, now that is a puzzle, lots of knocking from the otherside of the door perhaps?

pnwtraveler

Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 pm

When the Queen comes to Canada in her role as Queen of Canada (not connected to Queen of England) she flies on one of the Polaris aircraft that have the ability to have a VIP set up in the forward cabin. The Prime Minister of Canada uses that on long or overnight flights. Back in the day she either flew on one of the ancient 707's or on Air Canada charter. Royals in the front, aides and government reps as appropriate middle and press in the rear. Same with any of the other countries where she is the Queen of that country as well. British business, British aircraft.

DTWPurserBoy

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm

There is a video out that show the The Queen and HRH on their trip to RIC for the 400th Anniversary of the founding of Jamestown. They flew on a B772. The video showed the preflight briefing with the pilots and cabin crew--all hand selected. There is another showing The Queen and HRH using an A320 for a trip to Estonia. Apparently all they did was removed a couple of rows of FC seats.

Their BAE146 are getting up there in age. Wonder what they will be replaced with? But since they are RAF aircraft that will be for them to decide.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

qfatwa

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 13):
When Queen Elizabeth flies long-haul as Queen of the United Kingdom or Head of the Commonwealth she has to provide (pay for) her flight costs but will likely be reimbursed by the British Government if she is travelling on a formal State Visit. When she is travelling as Queen of the likes of Australia, Canada or New Zealand at the invitation of the government of the relevant Commonwealth country, that government provides the transport. So in the video Queen Elizabeth is departing from LHR on a visit to Australia in her role as Queen of Australia.

My guess - and it is only a guess - is that she and her party occupied the whole of the F Class cabin and part of the J Class cabin. As her departure is from the LHR VIP Terminal there must be some doubt as to whether the flight was a scheduled flight with individual fare paying passengers in the other cabins.

The QANTAS aircraft [VH-OJU] was the newest at the time. The royal compartment involved a wall/door midway in the A zone to form the sleeping compartment. The next two rows of first class - rows 3 & 4 were unaltered.

On the LHR-SIN-SYD sectors, the flight was the Royal Party only.

On the return, PER-SIN-LHR, the flight commenced in SYD [VH-OJU again] with commercial passengers in Upper Deck Business class, and Economy passengers in zones C/D/E. Her Majesty and party boarded in Perth [deemed a technical stop] and flew to Singapore. The Commercial passengers used door L2 [behind Main Deck Business Class] and the Royal group used door L1. The accompanying household [about 15-18 travellers] used the B zone Business area. The two rows of Business into C zone [aft of the galley] were not sold and used as a buffer zone. The aircraft
VH-OJU was a "Pacific" configured aircraft with 2 extra rows of Business for Los Angeles operations.

The cabin crew were merit selected. Additional crew were rostered to the flight for supernumerary purposes.

cpd

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 24):

I have never seen any.

I saw one of the Queen in a Concorde, but I don't believe it qualifies as as a full Royal Suite. Although maybe it does, just not the more elaborate one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8492840.stm

Picture 13 of 18. "Queen reading newspapers during her flight home from Bridgetown, Barbados, in the supersonic Concorde"

The table set up is certainly different to a normal Concorde.

[Edited 2016-04-19 16:21:00]

TravelsUK

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:06 am

How are flight deck and cabin crew chosen to operate the BA Royal flights?

Is there a select group of crew specially 'trained'...?
757 flights 1 378 350 km 34.4x around earth 2024 h 18 min 74.3 days 12.0 weeks

UAEflyer

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:25 am

Is there a bedroom setup for HM ?
any one have floor plan of the Royal Suite.

vv701

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:49 am

Quoting UAEflyer (Reply 27):
Is there a bedroom setup for HM ?
any one have floor plan of the Royal Suite.

Check out Reply 20.

Quoting cpd (Reply 25):
Picture 13 of 18. "Queen reading newspapers during her flight home from Bridgetown, Barbados, in the supersonic Concorde"

Thanks for providing this link. I had never seen this photo before.

As an aside the Concorde the Queen is travelling from BGI to LHR in the photo is G-BOAE. When it collected her on 2 November 1977 at the culmination of her Silver Jubilee tour of the Caribbean it had been in service with BA for less than four months. This was the first ever visit of any Concorde to BGI that was to become a regular seasonal scheduled BA Concorde destination.

The same aircraft's last flight almost exactly twenty-six years later on 17 November 2003 was, appropriately, LHR-BGI (BA9095P). Today, over 39 years after its first flight, the same frame is on display at BGI as the 'Barbados Concorde Experience'.

DTWPurserBoy

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Quoting TravelsUK (Reply 26):

How are flight deck and cabin crew chosen to operate the BA Royal flights?

Is there a select group of crew specially 'trained'...?

Yes, they are hand selected. Most have flown royal flights before and are familiar with the protocol. One joked that she even remembered the proper formula for the way HM likes her gin and Dubonnet.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

TedToToe

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Quoting pnwtraveler (Reply 22):
When the Queen comes to Canada in her role as Queen of Canada (not connected to Queen of England) she flies on one of the Polaris aircraft that have the ability to have a VIP set up in the forward cabin.

A while back, the U.K. Government announced plans to have a similarly configured RAF Voyager (A330) for VIP flights. I believe this arrangement would primarily be used for Head of Government business, rather than Head of State.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34867739

BoeingVista

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 6):
However I believe that BA currently have two 772s that have an altered floor in the F Class cabin so that the Royal Suite can be fitted in it where an overnight flight is involved. I understand they are G-YMMO and 'MP.

Seems that famous Wellington 777 landing for QEII's visit starting 22/2/02 was made with G-YMMO, reports say it flew KIN-WLG which at 12,831km seems like an awful long way for a 777-236 but I believe that the royal party flew PER-LHR direct after a CHOGAM which would be 14,499km. So I'm thinking that G-YMMO and / or MP possibly hold records for the longest ever 777-200 flights.
BV

cpd

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 am

Quoting VV701 (Reply 28):
Thanks for providing this link. I had never seen this photo before.

As an aside the Concorde the Queen is travelling from BGI to LHR in the photo is G-BOAE. When it collected her on 2 November 1977 at the culmination of her Silver Jubilee tour of the Caribbean it had been in service with BA for less than four months. This was the first ever visit of any Concorde to BGI that was to become a regular seasonal scheduled BA Concorde destination.

The same aircraft's last flight almost exactly twenty-six years later on 17 November 2003 was, appropriately, LHR-BGI (BA9095P). Today, over 39 years after its first flight, the same frame is on display at BGI as the 'Barbados Concorde Experience'.

Glad to provide it.

I was about to add that too - but you beat me to it with excellent detail and accuracy.   I have a beautiful model of AE on my desk at home with its stand indicating the date and location of G-BOAE.

I used to know Concorde quite well, alas, the details are slowly fading away, much like our memories of supersonic passenger flight.  

vv701

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:11 am

Quoting BoeingVista (Reply 31):
Seems that famous Wellington 777 landing for QEII's visit starting 22/2/02 was made with G-YMMO, reports say it flew KIN-WLG which at 12,831km seems like an awful long way for a 777-236 but I believe that the royal party flew PER-LHR direct after a CHOGAM which would be 14,499km. So I'm thinking that G-YMMO and / or MP possibly hold records for the longest ever 777-200 flights

As reported in Reply 17 G-YMMO configured with the Royal Suite and carrying approximately 60 passengers flew BRU-MEL non-stop on 24 March 2006. It was carrying Prime Minister and Mrs Blair and their party. They were flying from an EU Summit Meeting in Brussels to the Closing Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. That flight's great circle distance was 16,581 km. (10,303 sm) So it my be that 'MO holds more than the record for the longest 772 flight. It could hold the record for the longest commercial passenger flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos