Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nitepilot79
Topic Author

FA Busted With Much Coke At LAX Pleads Not Guilty

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:57 am

Well she had better have a good lawyer. After the news broke, a thread was posted by another poster, a few weeks back. Here's a follow-up:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/j...ads-guilty-cocaine-charge-38623563

Article quote:

"A JetBlue flight attendant accused of trying to sneak a suitcase full of cocaine through Los Angeles International Airport has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge.

City News Service says Marsha Gay Reynolds entered the plea Friday to possessing cocaine with intent to distribute.

Authorities say during a random security screening at LAX in March, the former Jamaican beauty queen left her carry-on luggage, kicked off her Gucci high heels and bolted down an upward-moving escalator."

enilria

RE: FA Busted With Much Coke At LAX Pleads Not Guilty

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 am

Her defense should be interesting. I'm not sure there is a defense. I guess she could attempt to say she was transferring the bag for a friend, but I'm not sure that would help much.

buzzard302

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:34 am

Probably a legal formality in order to push out a trial date, reduce punishment, etc. No way that she could convince any judge or jury of her innocence. My guess is she'll eventually reach a plea bargain for the least amount of punishment that her lawyer can negotiate.

bagoldex

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 1):
Her defense should be interesting. I'm not sure there is a defense.

Providing a necessary service to society? In the grand scheme of things coke is pretty harmless.

GreenArc

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:19 pm

G500

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:28 pm

I hope she goes to jail for a long long time. I hope (but I doubt it)

bagoldex

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Quoting g500 (Reply 5):

Prude!

questions

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:03 am

For that mess up I'm surprised she hasn't been knocked off.

ramprat74

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:28 am

Quoting buzzard302 (Reply 2):
Probably a legal formality in order to push out a trial date, reduce punishment, etc. No way that she could convince any judge or jury of her innocence. My guess is she'll eventually reach a plea bargain for the least amount of punishment that her lawyer can negotiate.

This is the way our legal system works unfortunately.

AR385

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:40 am

Quoting bagoldex (Reply 3):
Providing a necessary service to society? In the grand scheme of things coke is pretty harmless.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm? Or you really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

Passedv1

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:36 am

Quoting GreenArc (Reply 4):

Haha!!!! The photographer should send her a copy so she can hang it in her cell.

XT6Wagon

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:49 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 9):
Maybe I missed the sarcasm? Or you really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

Well, its better than meth or heroin.

but...

yah.

Armodeen

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:47 am

Quoting bagoldex (Reply 3):

You are kidding right? Google heart attacks in the under 40's.

bastew

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:47 am

I guess there is no doubt she was in possession of the drugs. I guess it's the 'intent to distribute' bit that will allow some wriggling room. As others have said I would imagine she will be approached to do a deal - implicate others etc. In exchange plead guilty to a lesser charge or reduced sentence.

slvrblt

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Just curious, but I thought ''flight'' (the fact she ran, not her job, lol) is evidence of guilt in a court of law.
..everything works out in the end.

N14AZ

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Quoting Passedv1 (Reply 10):
Quoting GreenArc (Reply 4):
Haha!!!! The photographer should send her a copy so she can hang it in her cell.

But it's not the first time she is dressed up in all-orange:

Source with some Picture shortly before she "kicked of her Gucci high heels": http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2016...ocaine-drug-mule-flight-attendant/

bennett123

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Wonder if she will look as good by the time she gets out.

Still it is safer than trying to explain losing all that coke.

PanHAM

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:12 pm

The state has to prove that you are guilty. A defendant who gives up the right of a Trial waives a fundmental right since in that case there won't be a Trial. Instead the judge slams a conviction and there is no possibility of an Appeal.

Which is why most defendants plead "not guilty" even when they are found with both Hands in the cooky jar or a Smoking gun in their Hands. . In that case the state must prove that the defendant did not save the Cookies from a Monster and the gun is yours.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

TheRedBaron

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Quoting N14AZ (Reply 15):
But it's not the first time she is dressed up in all-orange:

Source with some Picture shortly before she "kicked of her Gucci high heels": http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2016...ocaine-drug-mule-flight-attendant/

I wonder what SUPERFLY would say about his woman....she is way too thin.... or something like that!

I wonder how many tons of drugs are transported each day by people "in the know" holy cow.

TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

N1120A

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Quoting g500 (Reply 5):

Why would you hope that?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

JetBuddy

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Quoting nitepilot79 (Thread starter):
Authorities say during a random security screening at LAX in March, the former Jamaican beauty queen left her carry-on luggage, kicked off her Gucci high heels and bolted down an upward-moving escalator."

Sounds like Jackie Brown  

Yflyer

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 17):

The state has to prove that you are guilty. A defendant who gives up the right of a Trial waives a fundmental right since in that case there won't be a Trial. Instead the judge slams a conviction and there is no possibility of an Appeal.

Which is why most defendants plead "not guilty" even when they are found with both Hands in the cooky jar or a Smoking gun in their Hands. . In that case the state must prove that the defendant did not save the Cookies from a Monster and the gun is yours.

That and "not guilty" doesn't mean "I'm completely innocent and didn't do anything wrong", but rather "I'm not guilty of the specific crime that I've been charged with". I'm not a lawyer, but I've heard that in most criminal trials everyone pretty much knows that the defendant committed some sort of crime, but the question is whether or not what they did actually rises to the level of what they've been charged with. So like someone mentioned above, in this case there's little doubt that she was in possession of the drugs, but the state still has to prove that there was intent to distribute and that she wasn't just holding the bag for a friend or something.

Rbgso

Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Quoting questions (Reply 7):
For that mess up I'm surprised she hasn't been knocked off.

I agree. She's probably looking to cut a deal if she gives up the boss(es). But I wouldn't feel very safe if I was her, either in or out of jail.

copter808

Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:07 pm

By pleading not guilty and demanding a trial she is requiring the State to prove their case. It leaves the door open for many things that could cause evidence to be inadmissible. If the chain of custody is broken anywhere, the coke may be thrown out. Becomes much more difficult to prove the case with no coke as evidence. Also, witnesses sometimes die, lose interest, or otherwise become unavailable to testify.

BobbyPSP

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:00 pm

The quantity alone shows intent to distribute. Plus as a crew member for US airline she would know not to bring anything onboard for anyone with knowing what it was. And by running away that's is enough evidence for her to know what was in the bag

As for punishment. HARSH. This is not simple possession for personal use. Throw the book at her.

Cactus742

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:52 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 17):

I have read that as many as 97% of federal criminal cases are resolved by plea. Pleading guilty immediately does not give a defendant or counsel time to negotiate a sentence or plea to lesser charges or possibly fewer charges than were originally set out. While the vast majority of cases end in a guilty plea, very few defendants plead guilty immediately.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

722 732/3/4/5/5/6/7/8/9 744 752/3 763 772/3 788/9 319 320 321 332/3 388 MD82/83/88/90 CR1/2/7/9 E140/145/170/175/190 DH8-1/3 Q400 S340

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos