deltal1011man
Topic Author

Atlanta/Delta Sign New 20 Year Lease

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 pm

20 years with an options for another 10. Concourse G is going to happen and T will be extended.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...nta-partnership-for.html?ana=yahoo

Also City commits to NOT building a second Atlanta airport. Good choice for both sides.

tortugamon

RE: Atlanta/Delta Sign New 20 Year Lease

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Good news for ATL.

Is DL going to get the new terminal G space?

Surprised that DL is putting up $3 Billion to fund this but it does give them the growth they envision. Just wonder if there will be room for other carrier's growth at ATL. I guess they can always get it from WN.

tortugamon

deltal1011man
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 am

Quoting tortugamon (Reply 1):

sounds like DL is getting most of G (will cost about 1B.)
Also DL is going to be getting new cargo and flight kitchen buildings.

Oh and the T extension will mean DL getting a new domestic GSE shop, even though those gates will all be going to AA(and maybe one extra for UA?)

globalflyer

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:20 am

Has it been decided where the location of the 6th runway will be located? North or South? North would wipe out an incredible amount of commercial area. Not sure about South?
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!

Kraw

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:24 am

Quoting globalflyer (Reply 3):
Has it been decided where the location of the 6th runway will be located?
http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Airport/MasterPlan/
Pastey White!!!!!

FlyASAGuy2005

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:42 am

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 2):

Plan is for 5 gates. AA will get 3. Other other 2 I'm not 100% sure.
What gets measured gets done.

Falcons023

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Are they extending Concourse F as well along with T? I also hope they are doing something about those security lines...it's getting worse by day.

Polot

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Quoting Falcons023 (Reply 6):
Are they extending Concourse F as well along with T? I also hope they are doing something about those security lines...it's getting worse by day.

Concourse G is basically an extension of F. It is a mirror image of F built to the East (instead of to the North like the other concourses).

william

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Going through the PDFs there is a plan to tear down D and put three finger concourses off C in its place..............interesting.

Can't believe they seriously looked at putting another runway to the south. That's almost in Macon.............I kid, I kid.

AAflyguy

Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Falcons023, the Airport is not responsible for the Passenger Screening Function. That is the TSA. However, due to the long wait times as local passenger volume continues to increase by double-digits, ATL is assisting the TSA with measures to improve the efficiency and decrease wait times. However, that is something the TSA should be doing on its own. Budget constraints are the primary culprit, and yet Congress complains..hmm

AAflyguy

Polot

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Quoting AAflyguy (Reply 9):
However, that is something the TSA should be doing on its own

To a certain extent yes, but sometimes it is due to space, or more accurately lack thereof, which is only fixed by the airport throwing money at the problem, not the TSA.

I am unfamiliar with the specific issues at ATL (whether it be a lack of space or lack of personnel) however as I haven't flown out of there as a local passenger in almost 20 years.

adtall

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Quoting Polot (Reply 10):

It's personnel. There's 20ish lanes at the main checkpoint alone (excluding the 3 precheck lanes), and another 3 at the north and south checkpoints. I have never seen even 2/3 of the checkpoints running concurrently, let alone use all of them. Anecdote, true, but I fly every week out of ATL. The airport I believe wrote a warning letter to the TSA about the lines, which is the first step to hiring private screeners and booting TSA.

FlyASAGuy2005

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Quoting Polot (Reply 10):
To a certain extent yes, but sometimes it is due to space, or more accurately lack thereof, which is only fixed by the airport throwing money at the problem, not the TSA.

I am unfamiliar with the specific issues at ATL (whether it be a lack of space or lack of personnel) however as I haven't flown out of there as a local passenger in almost 20 years.

Space is not an issue. ATL thankfully was blessed with a screening area not hemmed in between check-in counters and the actual screening points which is the issue at many airports today. I have NEVER seen all checkpoints manned. When the main security checkpoint is manned to an acceptable level, the line never stops. It is a constant flow. The north and south checkpoints are not as large but offers ample space and overflow. Again, if manned properly there is never an issue.
What gets measured gets done.

Dalmd88

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Quoting william (Reply 8):
Can't believe they seriously looked at putting another runway to the south. That's almost in Macon.............I kid, I kid.

The new runway will not extend the boundaries further south. It will be just south of the new south cargo ramp.

Marta300

Re: Atlanta/Delta Sign New 20 Year Lease

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Atlanta don't have real international competition. The city of Atlanta is helping Delta to keep high fares for people from Atlanta. Pretty much Atlanta fliers are paying for this deal.
Just do a fare search and people from Atlanta always pay 20% more than people connecting. Also the average international fares out of Atlanta
are higher than other markets like Dallas, Orlando, and Miami.
Air France, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic are not real competition because they are part of Delta's alliance.
The City of Atlanta wants to be sure they will keep competition away.

enilria

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:20 pm

I have two suspicions:
1) There will not be a second A380 gate!
2) There will be few or zero gates available for new competitors.

Polot

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Marta300 wrote:
Atlanta don't have real international competition. The city of Atlanta is helping Delta to keep high fares for people from Atlanta. Pretty much Atlanta fliers are paying for this deal.
Just do a fare search and people from Atlanta always pay 20% more than people connecting. Also the average international fares out of Atlanta
are higher than other markets like Dallas, Orlando, and Miami.
Air France, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic are not real competition because they are part of Delta's alliance.
The City of Atlanta wants to be sure they will keep competition away.

Orlando and Miami are also much larger international tourist destinations, so of course they would have more competition and lower fares. Dallas is just currently benefiting from the fact that all three ME carriers are flying there and are having a mini fare war (which is also affecting the Euro carriers who use to connect travel over their hubs from Dallas). Great for the consumers, questionable profitability for some of the airlines.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos