Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

deltal1011man

RE: SLC Expansion Now Includes North Concourse

Sun May 08, 2016 12:46 am

Quoting mayor (Reply 48):

Oh, I agree.........it's amazing what has been able to be accomplished there, over the years, since it wasn't the optimum design for a hub.

Its even more amazing what SLC is able to do and keep the balance sheet that they had.

mayor

Sun May 08, 2016 3:13 am

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 50):

Its even more amazing what SLC is able to do and keep the balance sheet that they had.

Which contributed to its survival as a hub, as compared to DFW at the same time.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

WesternA318

Tue May 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Quoting deltal1011man (Reply 50):
Quoting mayor (Reply 51):
Which contributed to its survival as a hub, as compared to DFW at the same time.

It will be interesting to see. Yesterday they rerouted Terminal Drive to cordon off areas for the new terminal. I'll be going by tomorrow and will see whats going on.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue May 10, 2016 11:10 pm

(22 million passengers annually, more than twice its design capacity.) i'm impressed.

WesternA318

Wed May 11, 2016 1:38 am

Quoting DLFREEBIRD (Reply 53):
(22 million passengers annually, more than twice its design capacity.) i'm impressed.

I cant even remember what the new terminal is designed to hold...I think I may need to re-read my article. I wonder how much more the new airport will hold with the new concourse.

airwest70

Re: SLC Expansion Now Includes North Concourse

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:07 pm

really into the construction now.putting in the ground foundations for the terminal building and the west concourse.using four pile driver type cranes together.doing utility pipework in the demolished car rental areas.prepping to move the temp exit road road to its permanent new positon and off the present construction site.work has also started on the new CUP also.sort of into the reconstruction thing because of the non building events from 1995.no work started yet on the north concourse which is to be done and operational in 2020 when the main terminal and west concourse goes operational.interesting to see when they get the funding from for the 60 million relocation of the present light rail line and new station.present concepts put it on the first level across from the new terminal building.working at the airport and watch the construction activity from the third level of the present parking terrace.I figure it will be operational by 2021/2022.they will finally get to the future now.

mayor

Re: SLC Expansion Now Includes North Concourse

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm gonna miss D concourse........when I first got there in '82, DL's ops were under C-1 and we used C-11 and/or C-13.....then we moved to C-1 and used that gate and sometimes C-2. In '84, we moved to D-1 after D concourse was built. Sometimes we used D-3, also.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

slcguy

Re: RE: SLC Expansion Now Includes North Concourse

Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:24 pm

mayor wrote:
Quoting Osubuckeyes (Reply 11):
In the article it says that there will be a tunnel. I doubt there will be a train. It will likely be just moving walkways a la DTW.
There used to be a short tunnel that the North/South road on the west side used to follow. It was closed when the west runways were built. THAT tunnel is west of where it would be needed for pax access.

Quoting slcguy (Reply 18):
Yes, a west tunnel connecting the north and south concourses has already been built.
See above...............I don't recall any other tunnels being built.

You are thinking of the roadway tunnels, there is an additional tunnel built about 8-10 years ago intended to connect the new concourses. Remember the big hole in a construction area west of the D and E concourse ramps back then? Only sign right now that it's there are some curved white ventilation pipes at both ends. Preliminary work for this new terminal complex started 15 years ago!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos